Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi peeps!

Thanks for the compliments! 

Cindy, I'm so thrilled for your DD! As we all know, you can't put a price on job satisfaction!  Enjoy your vacation.

Hi, Marlene! Enjoy being grandma :manyheart

Joanne, Is your DD usually a procrastinator? I am... :lol  And so the anticipation continues. You must be tired of being asked what the little guy's name is ;)    Ive been crocheting for so long that I can't get a good tension on my cast on with knitting. The first row is a bear. I may need to visit Moore Yarn and get some in person help.

So glad i found this topic. So many cool things to read. You're so interesting!  :)

"interesting".... :lol  :lol  :lol   You have that right! We are all very unique - which makes our little group fun. You're welcome to become part of it if you'd like. Sometimes we work on a Crochet a Long - recent one was making endless grannies or other simple blankets using scraps, which we all have. Many of us donate our work.

Your site looks great - beautiful work!

Today I give Polar Bear to my friend. Her hubby is going to power wash some bad spots around our house - THAT is a friend!

I hope all the grandma's who have been on duty manage some rest!! 

Later, gators!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sun

:mug

Good Morning everyone.....

hope this day finds you well!

Have some errands to run... then home to work on my flower seed business... then relax with my hook and yarn!

Its going to be a hot one today... already 80* here.   So indoors it is for this old lady!  :)

have a great day!!!!

Hi Ladies. :)

Jovana ~ Welcome!  Your projects on your website are gorgeous!

Tammy ~ We're in for super hot weather now, too.  I love being outdoors, but not in this stuff!  It sounds like you're keeping busy and I hope you're doing okay. :manyheart

Judy ~ Your friend will be so excited!  Enjoy your time with your company. :yes

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :)

Yep, I've about recovered from the week with the little guys. :lol   I'm nearly finished with laundry and vacuuming and then it's crochet time!

Hi ladies. We are settled into our campsite lots raining and cold, but we are warm and dry in the camper with the heat going! If it doesn't warm up,I might go buy a sweatshirt. I brought a jacket and a long sleeve Gehrig, but I might need more! When I checked the weather yesterday it predicted highs in the &0s. Now it's looking more like it will be in the 60s. Our view is fabulous. We are directly across the street from the lake. There aren't any campsites there so it's an unobstructed lake view. We fabpntastifantastic see the Mackinac Bridge in the distance.

Welcome Jovanna. I will check out your website when we get home. The Internet connection is kind of sketchy here in the campground.

Here is our view.....in the rain!

post-6189-0-28273100-1466023290_thumb.jpeg

Cindy ~ So glad you arrived safely!  I will happily trade places with you ;) ...our heat index right now is 108*!  Beautiful view!

Things are pretty much back to normal here.  I crocheted for about 1½ hours and it felt so good. :yes

Have a good evening, all. ♥

Hi House. A very quiet day for me, which is just fine!  I was at the grocery store at 8 - it's supposed to be another super hot day.

Have a good Thursday, everyone! :manyheart

Hi, Mary - I remember when we lived in St.Louis in the '70's. During the summer we hibernated most days. New York summers didn't prepare us for that kind of humid heat!. I'm sure Gracie is napping a lot too.

BTW: My vet has been very good about wearing loose clothes....she and hubby are expecting their little girl in less than three months. I have the perfect pattern picked out....and of course it's a graph...  :hook  I've made this particular one before. Silhouette of a girl with a long full dress and big bonnet....with a dog standing on its hind legs in excitement as it looks at her.....

After polar bear ghan number 2 is finished. I started it this morning

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Maya will be with us all summer. She is excited to be here with us. Hubby's doctor cancelled on us. She was sick so we rescheduled for Monday.

Cindy, That is a beautiful view. Wish it was warmer for you. How exciting for your daughter. Enjoy your vacation.

Judy, The polar blanket is beautiful. You do beautiful work.

Joanne, Us grandmas need some rest time. Can't wait to hear the baby's name.

Jovana, Welcome! I'm on my I-pad so I'll check out your website when I get on my laptop.

Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear about Ken. You and your family are in my prayers.

We have Gerimiah here to and he just woke up so I will be back later. Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi peeps.

Went to a wedding yesterday so my day was full....it took place at a winery in NJ. It was more meaningful and special than any wedding I've ever been to in a traditional church.

Still waiting to hear about what will be the image for ghan number two for my friend. Meanwhile I'm reading. I do need to get some yarn for the vet's blanket. I think. That's if I stick with the colors shown...I'll think about it....

Have a great day everyone,

My 4th grandson finally has his name. She has named him Jali (pronounced Jah-Lee) which means powerful alliance of truth. His name is a combination of his fathers name and my DDs name.

Good morning and happy fathers day to all the DH's!!!

Spent the day yesterday with 2 of my daughters and the boys. Dd and Jali had come down to her sisters house on Friday and i went over yesterday. It was so nice to be with them and all 4 grandsons. They both went out together for a bit and i watched all of the boys. It was only for an hour and worked out fine. We then all went to the park and Ryan and Robbie played in the playground, then we all went for a walk on the trail. It was a fun day !

Today will be a relaxing day spent with DH. We will probably trek to Barnes and noble since one if his dds sent him a gift card and we have a coupon that expires today

I finished the large granny for my co worker and am about 95% done with the knit blanket.

I Tried 4 times to upload a picture and it just kept spinning and didn't load. I'll try again another time

Joanne, I saw the pic on FB - so sweet! It's going to be such fun watching them all grow up!!!

And about Jali's name: no one else will have it, that's for sure! I love unique names.

Have a great day, my friends....BBL!

Hi Ladies,

Happy Fathers Day to the DH's.

Joanne, Love Jali's name! It's nice that you all live close enough together and can do those fun things. Your afghan looks great!

It hasn't been to much fun here the last few days. The baby was sick during the night then the diarrhea a few times. I thought it was because he's teething. But Maya got sick friday night and then I got sick during the night and all day yesterday. So we think he might of had a virus. DD and hubby were going to come up this weekend and pick him up, but I called her early yesterday and said not to. Hubby and Mary took baby G to meet his mom. Hubby had to feed him and change his diaper. He did it well. Today I'm whipped. Hubby is going to his daughters. Maya and I may go later. 

Hope everyone has a nice day!

'Morning, everyone. :)

Marlene ~ Oh, I'm so sorry you all have been sick! :hug  Hopefully, it was a "24 hour" virus and everyone is okay now.  Luke and Zach seem to pick up things at school and then it gets passed around to everyone.  Take care and don't overdo. :manyheart

Joanne ~ All four grandsons and two DD's!  Your day yesterday sounds so nice. :yes  Your granny turned out beautifully - don't those last rows seem to take forever? Lol

Judy ~ The wedding sounds wonderful!  The graph 'ghan for a baby gift will be such a great surprise for your vet. :c9  Do you have a deadline for the other polar bear?

It's been terribly hot and humid, so I've been staying in as much as possible.  Early Friday morning, I was weeding some beds and twisted my right ankle/foot.  I took myself to a care clinic  that afternoon - the x-ray showed swelling in the top of my foot near my ankle, but nothing too serious.  Except it hurts like you-know-what. :rolleyes  So, I'll just hobble around and crochet more than usual ;)

Have a good Sunday, friends. ♥♥♥

Hi peeps.

Mary - be careful with the foot! We can break those little metatarsals very easily. Glad it's not that!!

My friend said about the first polar bear that there wasn't any rush....but I did get it done quickly. She's still thinking about polar bear or eagle. I told her I wasn't going to get to hers till I finished the baby graph ghan since the vet is due Aug 23 and I don't know when she's going on Maternity leave - I want to make sure I give it to her before that!

Joanne, that ghan looks great! 

Marlene,  hope baby G is better by tonight.

We've already been out: took a walk at the Keyport marina. It's a beautifully clear day and the breeze was fantastic. Went to B&N, then picked up some Italian bread to go with the lasagna hubby requested. It's very hot in the sun already - but the humidity is fine. 

Take care my friends.

Judy ~ Can I come live with you? :D   Your walk at the marina sounds perfect!  As does the lasagna and bread. :yes

Joanne ~ It's all your fault...I started another "giant granny afghan" today...oh, those first rows go so quickly! Lol

Marlene ~ I hope you're feeling much better. :hug

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. :manyheart

Mary, yes the first rows go so quickly......and the last rows, not so much!! Lol. Im actually thinking of doing another one......

We had a nice day...weather was gorgeous. We also went down to the bay, but later in the afternoon.

Back to work.....where did the weekend go?. Feels like i just left work on Friday.

Have a good day everyone!

Morning, peeps!

Judy ~ Can I come live with you? :D   Your walk at the marina sounds perfect!  As does the lasagna and bread. :yes​  C'mon up!  ;) 

Joanne ~ It's all your fault...I started another "giant granny afghan" today...oh, those first rows go so quickly! Lol

Marlene ~ I hope you're feeling much better. :hug

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. :manyheart

I love seeing the granny ghans being made!! I think my stash is perfect for another one - if I ever finish my graph ghans  :lol

Mary, yes the first rows go so quickly......and the last rows, not so much!! Lol. Im actually thinking of doing another one......

We had a nice day...weather was gorgeous. We also went down to the bay, but later in the afternoon.

Back to work.....where did the weekend go?. Feels like i just left work on Friday.

Have a good day everyone!

I keep expecting to bump into you and DH one day! But we are early birds - not my fault - the dogs get up with the birds. Or I should say Lucy does!

I may need to sit in the office chair in my sitting room upstairs to crochet again. I get on a roll, sit in a comfy recliner, and when I get up after too long my back gives me issues... I'll give it a try,

Have a good day my friends

Joanne ~ I hope your Monday went by quickly...and the weekend will be here before we know it!  (Sounds good, anyway Lol)

Judy ~ My favorite crochet chair was leather and perfect for crocheting.  It was really worn, and when we replaced den furniture it went away.  I miss it!

Our power was off for three hours this afternoon...again. :(    At least this time, they came around and told us why...a transformer blew.  We have underground utilities, so we never know.  The house warmed up to 82, which doesn't sound too bad. But with no fans working, it was really warm.  It's 97* out!

Time to get busy, now that I can do something. :)

good morning peeps!

Joanne ~ I hope your Monday went by quickly...and the weekend will be here before we know it!  (Sounds good, anyway Lol)

Judy ~ My favorite crochet chair was leather and perfect for crocheting.  It was really worn, and when we replaced den furniture it went away.  I miss it!

It's so hard to find the right chair. There's our posture to think about as well as the elbow room we need in order to be comfortable while hooking or knitting.

Our power was off for three hours this afternoon...again. :(    At least this time, they came around and told us why...a transformer blew.  We have underground utilities, so we never know.  The house warmed up to 82, which doesn't sound too bad. But with no fans working, it was really warm.  It's 97* out! It does heat up quickly! When we get cold (our A/C is very efficient) we raise the thermostat - and get warm in a short time! So happy your power went back on after "only" 3 hours!

Time to get busy, now that I can do something. :)

A routine day today - till my baby brother arrives in town this evening! He and his huge red motorcycle have been on a grand tour of relatives up here in the north east - with a side trip to Canada. He's enjoying his single status of one year now. After us, a cousin to visit and then he heads home to SC.

Here was here last September.

Cindy, I hope you're still having a good time!

Have a good day my friends!

Judy, enjoy your visit with your brother!!!

Cindy, welcome back to reality. I loved the pics of your view from the camper you posted in FB!!!

Going To start another large granny. Only have 16 rows left to do on the knit baby blanket, but Im in a hooking mood tonight . :-)

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ I remember the picture of you and your brother.  I think it's so nice that he's enjoying time with family on his motorcycle trips!

Cindy ~ Welcome back!  Can't wait to hear more about your camping trip. :yes

Joanne ~ Way to go on your crocheting and knitting projects!

We ran errands today and took a tour of DD's and Sil's new neighborhood.  They purchased a lot on the Trinity River in Fort Worth not far from their current neighborhood.  It is a small gated community with only 37 lots and it's just gorgeous.  They decided to leave their wonderful "antique" home for a new house better suited to raise the boys in. Just from "word of mouth" they already have interested buyers, so it looks like they will be leasing an apartment before long.  I see more of Luke and Zach staying with us in the next few months. :lol 

Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

Archived