Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Thanks for sharing Linda's obit. I saved it. The t-ball games sound like a fun time. 

Joanne, Enjoy your time with the grandsons today. Congratulations to your godson and niece!

Judy, Your walk at Sandy Hook sounds inviting. I can't wait to get to Florida and enjoy the water.

Cindy, We haven't seen any snow here yet. I wouldn't be surprised though. This weather is crazy!

It's been rather cool and windy here. This morning it was 34* when I got up at 6. We will be 20* below normal temps today. 

I have been making my list for Florida. 

We talked to the heart doctor about hubby's memory loss. He said he has only had one other patient have the same problem and it was caused from the cholesterol medicine they were taking. So he said for us to stop it for 30 days and to let him know if there is a change. We also discussed the sleep apena and he said that could be the cause to. Hubby goes for an mri tomorrow afternoon. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Sunday House!

Joanne-you are so right, the days are flying by!  Seems most days I am just getting into the groove of things and then it's time to go to bed and get started again.  Ohh your dd is probably so excited to meet her new baby.   :clap

Judy-the fur baby portrait is lovely!  Did you hang it up? How's the pink granny coming along?  bet you are almost finished?  :yay

Marlene-I hope that your dh's memory loss isn't permanent.  I have to write everything down, if it's not written down it completely leaves my brain.  :lol

Cindy-oh no!  Are you tired of snow?  Here in Colorado, it can snow in June..it's horrible!  I am glad that the weather is warming up a tiny bit.  I am ready for warmer weather and lighter clothing.

Hello to anyone else that I may have missed!  I had yesterday off again, Joyce was watching the shops.  I used the time to clean out the kitchen cupboards.  3 big boxes of dishes, pot/pans and utensils that we are donating.  I am downsizing.  My dd helped quite a bit, it looks so nice, I also donated cook books and other kitchen gadgets...I'm dangerous!  lol  that is what dh said..he said before we know it, I am going to donate everything..it could happen.   :lol I also switched out all of my winter clothing, have just a few more clothing items that I am donating along with more shoes.  Today I am in the Craft Studio, cleaned up my desk and one work table, still have the counter and the other work table.  I am also getting rid of all of my fabric and sewing notions..I just do not have time to work on other things.  With the party favor part of the business growing, I am swamped.  

Off to clean, have a great Sunday! :ghug

LeeAnn - yay for downsizing!!

And we didn't hang up the portrait. It's on a box type thing and stands up on our book case really well.  The pink ghan has one strip left to finish then I make the granny rounds in alternating pink and white.

Ive been asked by the wife of the couple we're friends with (the USMC graph ghan....) to make her a polar bear one. Found the perfect (and easy) pattern. They'll be coming for a visit in a couple of weeks and we'll go shopping for the yarn. She wants to pay for it...

It was so windy and cold out there this morning!!!! Can't believe this weather.

Good Monday morning, everyone.  :)

Cindy ~ Oh dear, how much snow did you get?  Your picture definitely looks like winter!

LeeAnn ~ Downsizing and cleaning out cupboards/closets feels so good!  We have moved quite often and it was a great time to go through everything.  But we've been in this house for 15 years and it's time to do some purging. :yes

Marlene ~ Your doctors sound like good ones and I hope they can figure out what's going on!  When will you leave for Florida?  I bet Maya is very excited!

JoAnne ~ So glad you all are having great weather!  I know several people who love their audio books...great idea  to get your "reading" and crocheting done at the same time. :D

Judy ~ A polar bear graph 'ghan sounds so fun!  At least there won't be too many color changes. Lol

I am so ready to stay home today!  We ended up being gone until almost 7 yesterday.  DD stayed in Dallas longer than planned and her hubby's flight from Florida was delayed.  The boys were great and Zach took a 2 hour nap, which is rare for him anymore.

Time to get busy.  Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

Hi ladies. I worked today, and it wasn't too bad. I work tomorrow too.

We got enough snow yesterday to cover the ground, but it all melted by noon. Today was much warmer, (mid 60s)

My freezer died sometime last week. Unfortunately I didn't notice until I was putting away groceries on Friday. I managed to salvage nearly all my meat, and it is in the freezer part of my refrigerator. I think the frozen vegetables will be a loss though. They were frozen solid still and I packed them in the freezer with a lot of ice. We went out and bought a new freezer on Saturday, but of course they coukdnt deliver it until tomorrow.

We had company for the weekend, and stayed up too late each night. It's barely 7 PM, and I'm practically ready to go to bed! Guess I'll hold out for another hour or two though.

On Saturday afternoon we went to this craft/ antique flea market in a nearby town. Lots of cute stuff, but prices were quite high. I did buy a couple of baskets, but I drew the line at paying $40 for a throw pillow made out of a painters drop c,oth! Those things are less than $15 at the home improvement stores, and you can make a lot if throw pillows out of one if them. 10 or more venders were selling painted signs. My niece must have spent at least $100 on those. I saw knit and crocheted dishcloths for $7 each, and sewn potholders for $7 to $10. There wasn't anything extra-ordinary about them, just squares sewn together.

Have a good evening.

morning peeps.

Mary, I chuckled when I read your comment on the polar bear ghan...I told DH I was going to be bored making it because of so few color changes! It'll give me the incentive to finish it quickly...lol! I'll still be making it with the added love in every stitch I add to her blanket.

Cindy, we can really be picky since we know what is or isn't involved in making things! Sorry about the freezer - I'm assuming you have one of those big ones? Glad some stuff was still salvageable!

Have a good day my friends.

Good Morning. :)

Cindy ~ Oh no - so sorry about the freezer.  I still haven't completely stocked mine again after the fridge went out 2 weeks ago.  And I totally understand about staying up late. ;)   We used to be such party animals. :lol

Judy ~ Only you would think it's more fun to change colors when making a graph 'ghan! :D  Seriously though, your talent for making them is amazing!

Marlene ~ I hope the MRI went well and that you get hubby's results back quickly. 

I've finished (and woven in ends!) 5 out of 7 vertical rows on the hexie 'ghan.  The bigger it gets, the harder it is to join as you go - but I still like the results. :yes  Errands this morning before the storms roll back in.  Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

Interesting thing about the freezer...when Dh went to empty it this morning, it was running and all the stuff in it was frozen. The ice cubes hadn't melted together at all. I'm not sure what happened, but at the moment we have two freezers, one is shiny new and one is old and shabby......

Work was okay today, very busy, but enjoyable. I'm off until Saturday now.

Interesting thing about the freezer...when Dh went to empty it this morning, it was running and all the stuff in it was frozen. The ice cubes hadn't melted together at all. I'm not sure what happened, but at the moment we have two freezers, one is shiny new and one is old and shabby......

Work was okay today, very busy, but enjoyable. I'm off until Saturday now.

It never hurts to have a back up freezer...loL!

'Morning, House. :)  

Cindy ~ That is really weird about the freezer!  Maybe it was just very tired and needed a rest. ;)   Enjoy your days off!

Judy ~ Have you started the graph 'ghan yet?  I'm really tired of making hexagons and need to get this one finished!

Joanne ~ Thinking of your DD and all of you!  I hope she doesn't have to wait too long for the little guy to make his appearance. :c9

Our weather has been very strange for May.  It's only 52* with light rain this morning...I'm not complaining, though.  Usually by now it's in the mid to upper 80's!  DH and I are going out for a while and will probably have lunch somewhere. 

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning. I'm dragging, didn't sleep well and seem to have picked up a virus. I am coughing and sneezing and have zero motivation. I got up at eight,miss now 10:30 abd so far I've gotten dressed and have had three cups of coffee. Hopefully this is a 24 hour bug, it's one of our grandsons birthday visit tomorrow. We will still have home since he will be awfully disappointed if he can't come. If I'm still sick, Dh will entertain him.

Have fun at lunch, Mary.

No crafting here to speak of lately, just haven't been in the mood. Of course, I have been in the mood to find more projects!). Hope that mojo comes back soon!

Have a great day, ladies.

Morning peeps. Been out to the pet store already: 33 pound bag of Eukanuba, doggie toothpaste, and a new doggie hammock for the back seat of my car - pups don't fall down to the floor.  Our old one is beyond cleaning...lol!

May, the graph pattern is winging it's way to me via snail mail. Should be here in a day or so. Our friends visit on the 24th so that's when we shop for the yarn. It's been cold here, too!!

Cindy - maybe we have to start a CAL?? We haven't done one in ages.That might get your mojo working.  :devil Maybe something simple like a giant granny, using scraps....so no joining.  Feel better fast! And I'm like you - wouldn't want to disappoint the little guy for his birthday visit.

I just have to weave int he ends on the pink and white blanket  - it;s really pretty. Might have to make this again, in different colors and with a less girly border.

Hi Ladies,

I'm exhausted! So looking forward to are trip. I hope it's a little relaxing. I've done some laundry today, got things around to pack for are trip, lots of odds and ends things. I had over a 1000 pictures on my phone and couldn't take anymore so I downloaded them to the computer then saved them to a sdhc card, one by one. I couldn't get them to highlight and do a bunch at a time so it took a very long time. My foot has been killing me so when we get back from Florida I need to see the foot doctor. I bought new shoes, the full length insoles and the short insoles the doctor recommended and no relief. And any good amount of shopping and I hurt badly. I sure didn't want to end up with a shot but I don't like all this pain. 

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week! Were leaving friday afternoon and will spend the night some where. We can't get into the condo or house until 4pm saturday. The wedding will be 7pm tuesday. 

good morning, peeps.

Marlene, I hope you get relief soon - foot pain is horrible. Is it possible you broke a small bone? Not to be negative, but I have a friend who did that and never knew till she had X-rays done.

Pink blanket has all ends woven in - pics to follow today...even though it's not Friday 

Good morning. Sunny and warm here already. I feel quite a bit better today. It's grandson number two's birthday visit today. At the moment he is being entertained by his birthday present. He wanted a model car to build, so he and Dh are working on that. Those things are almost impossible to find. Not even "Toys r us" has them. We finally found one at Hobby Lobby.

When he's done with that we are going to find something to entertain ourselves with outside. I'm hoping that he wants to work on the garden with me. We have flowers to plant and wood chips to spread. he likes to dig and mess with the hose, so gardening might appeal. If not, we can go hiking or just play outside.

Safe travels, Marlene.

Judy, I'd be up for some sort of scrap CAL, ......although I shouldn't even think about another project, I have dozens of UFOs already!

Well, better get a load in the washer while Dh is entertaining him. Have a great day ladies.

Good morning. Sunny and warm here already. I feel quite a bit better today. That's so good to hear! It's grandson number two's birthday visit today. At the moment he is being entertained by his birthday present. He wanted a model car to build, so he and Dh are working on that. Those things are almost impossible to find. Not even "Toys r us" has them. We finally found one at Hobby Lobby.My brother who is two years younger than me used to love working on model ships. I remember him always working on one. Once I saw him using tweezers to work with a ship's rigging! He later went into the Merchant Marine Academy and served in the Naval Reserve. 

When he's done with that we are going to find something to entertain ourselves with outside. I'm hoping that he wants to work on the garden with me. We have flowers to plant and wood chips to spread. he likes to dig and mess with the hose, so gardening might appeal. If not, we can go hiking or just play outside.What did you end up doing?

Safe travels, Marlene.

Judy, I'd be up for some sort of scrap CAL, ......although I shouldn't even think about another project, I have dozens of UFOs already!Well, having WIPs on hand never stopped us from starting a CAL before...lol!

Well, better get a load in the washer while Dh is entertaining him. Have a great day ladies.

I hope you're feeling 100% by tomorrow morning.

Book club tonight - and I finally decided to finish the book (that I picked). I read the last 150 pages over the last two days and I'm glad I did. 

OK, ladies.....

Who wants to do a scrap cal?!

My thought is to work on a giant granny square, a Round Ripple, or a V stitch blanket - or any other variation you might want to try. I have lots of scraps -still - plus enough of sage and variegated alone to make a RR with just that.

We would use whatever colors you want to use up - not rules, as usual. I decided on these patterns as suggestions because *ahem* some ladies don't like to join squares together at all. Of course there IS the join as you go method that can by pass that issue - but I digress.

I think we need some bonding over a hook....and sharing pics as we make progress - or just sharing on Photo Friday, would be fun.

Thoughts??

Hi all ~ just a quick post from me.  Our power was out from 5:30 am until 3 today...not fun and I'm behind on everything.  My laptop battery ran out after 6 hours.

Judy ~ Oh my, the baby 'ghan is beautiful!  I think that is one of my all time favorites. :clap

Marlene ~ Have a safe trip and a wonderful time!  Congratulations to your DD and her hubby. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Your day with your grandson sounds so nice. :c9

More tomorrow - Have a good evening. ♥♥♥

Judy ~ Your scrap CAL is a great idea - I have enough partial skeins to make a huge afghan. Lol

Lobve the baby blanlet

Lol. I just started a granny last night. My coworker hinted that she wound love a blanket. It is cold where we sit. And i went out to the garage and found some yarn to use. Not all scraps but I'll CAL

I made a baby granny for a coworker who had a baby. We didnt get to do a shower because the baby came early. She came back to work this week and i gave it to her yesterday. She loved it.

Sounds like a scrap CAL is a hit! Now i have an excuse to start a new project! Actually inhavecavlittli scrap afghan going in all different shades of blue, but I think I will start another one.....

Joanne, that is going to be a pretty blanket. Judy, thats a gorgeous baby blanket.

Mary, what a pain to be without electricity.

Our grandson told his parents that "today was the best day ever!" It was really low key. We went out for breakfast, went for a walk in the woods, played ladder all and lawn darts, watched a video and played video games. We finished up with pizza before getting him to soccer practice.

Morning peeps! Cold morning here....but as long as my flowers survive and thrive I'll take this over the three H's of Summer any day!

My baby brother (61) will be riding his motorcycle up north to visit family. He lives in SC now. I saw on FB where he bought himself a big comfy seat for his huge red bike. I shared a pic of us last year - big man needs a big bike!

Hi all ~ just a quick post from me.  Our power was out from 5:30 am until 3 today...not fun and I'm behind on everything.  My laptop battery ran out after 6 hours.That's not fun! Is there any way for you to charge your laptop from a hook up in your car?

Judy ~ Oh my, the baby 'ghan is beautiful!  I think that is one of my all time favorites. :clapThanks!

Marlene ~ Have a safe trip and a wonderful time!  Congratulations to your DD and her hubby. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Your day with your grandson sounds so nice. :c9

More tomorrow - Have a good evening. ♥♥♥

Judy ~ Your scrap CAL is a great idea - I have enough partial skeins to make a huge afghan. Lol Great!!! This will be fun!

Lobve the baby blanketThanks!!

Lol. I just started a granny last night. My coworker hinted that she wound love a blanket. It is cold where we sit. And i went out to the garage and found some yarn to use. Not all scraps but I'll CAL We all have extra yarn sitting around, so I thought this would be an easy CAL to have around for those times we want to sit, decompress, and not have to think of anything- just letting our  hands move.

I made a baby granny for a coworker who had a baby. We didnt get to do a shower because the baby came early. She came back to work this week and i gave it to her yesterday. She loved it.Of course she did!

Here is the blanket I gave my coworker for her baby

That's really cute! Looks soft and squishy - Vanna yarn??  Your work is always perfect.

Sounds like a scrap CAL is a hit! Now i have an excuse to start a new project! Actually inhavecavlittli scrap afghan going in all different shades of blue, but I think I will start another one.....Awesome!!!  Whatever stuff you want to use up - Any pattern that is made without joining :D 

Joanne, that is going to be a pretty blanket. Judy, thats a gorgeous baby blanket.Thanks!

Mary, what a pain to be without electricity.

Our grandson told his parents that "today was the best day ever!" So sweet!  How old is he? It was really low key. We went out for breakfast, went for a walk in the woods, played ladder all and lawn darts, watched a video and played video games. We finished up with pizza before getting him to soccer practice. the special attention is priceless - at our ages we know what's important - and I remember how we talked about how important the individual attention is to the young ones in our lives.

Well, last night I started a few rows of a RR with some odds and ends of sage and a matching variegated. Not sure if I like it though - might have to make another giant Granny instead :lol

Have a good day my friends....

Happy Friday House!

Judy-the pink ghan is beautiful!  I love the grannies in the middle, it all look so comfy and just sweet! I am up for a CAL,  I have a rainbow granny ripple that I am making, using mostly leftover yarn, will this count?  

Joanne-lovely!  Your afghan is just lovely!  I really like the blue and green, very inviting.  Any news on the new grand?

Cindy-that is so just so nice that you get to spend time with your grandson, I will always cherish the time I spent with my grands, now tha they are both gone I appreciate it even more!

Mary-is everything restored with your electricity?  Do you know what was the cause?

Marlene-how's your foot feeling?  I have foot pain only in one foot, I am doing stretching exercises, it seems to be helping along with a shoe with a small heel..I love wearing flip flops but they really bother the bottom of my feet..not enough support.

I have been running like a chicken!  Both of our kiddos have had events every day/night..we are floating from one event to another with barely enough time to catch our breathe.  Our ds is officially finished with high school, :cheer wow!  He is working so hard on all of the last minute paperwork and college admin stuff that he is slightly overwhelmed.  He is also working 2 jobs, no time for relaxation.  

Our dd also got a job for the summer, she is 15 but such a go getter...we are looking into scholarship paperwork for her, never a dull moment.

On the business front I have finished all of my custom orders with the exception of the Quince, I have the bottle dresses to finish but am happy to say that the flower arrangements are done.  I am so relieved as I have until mid July to get these last decorations finished.  I will focus on them more after the graduation.

Going to take just a few minutes to breathe..talk to you all soon! :ghug  

Archived