Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Quick flyby. I just saw that Linda responded to marlene's post to her on fb. She said things have been wild and wooly the oast couple months, but slowly starting to smooth out.

Good night. Just realized its almost midnight and i have work tomorrow!!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne, thanks for the info about Linda!

Cindy, you must have a basement in your house - we don't, so it's harder to hold onto big, bulky things.

LeeAnn - gorgeous dishes!  I would hide them from kiddos, too!

I'm making a red/white/blue big granny blanket...till those colors run out. Destashing is in progress!

In the 40's here - and may is around the corner! Oh, well, I never do like Summer and the humidity anyway, so I'm enjoying this.

Have a great day my friends.

Happy birthday, Marlene!

Joanne, thanks for letting us know about Linda.

Judy, yes, we have a full basement with a lot of storage space. We also have an outbuilding that Dh uses for his business, so it's heated and air conditioned and that building has an attic. Also our 4 bedroom house has 13 closets in it. It usedto have 14 closets, but we lost one in the kitchen remodel. M

Work was much calmer today for a change. I went grocery shopping after work,mand now I remember why I don't usually do That! It was very busy. It took me over an hour to pick up and pay for about 20 items.

Have a good evening ladies.

Good morning. Cold and gloomy here.

I am gearing up for a busy weekend. My youngest brother in law finished his chemo last week, and my sister in law is giving a party tonight to celebrate. I am bringing a salad and a dessert, both of which I still have to make. Tomorrow DD graduates. There are two ceremonies, one for the whole university, in the morning and then one for the school of nursing in the afternoon, in the evening we are celebrating her graduation with a family dinner. (In a restaurant!). Then on Sunday, I have to work.

I guess I ought to get started on laundry. I don't have any clean scrubs.

Have a great day ladies.

Good morning!

Marlene, I hope your Birthday was a good one!

Joanne....countdown on DD's baby??

Mary, are you still working on the hex's?

Hi, LeeAnn.

Good morning. Cold and gloomy here.Same here! It's no where near as warm as it should be at this time of the year.

I am gearing up for a busy weekend. My youngest brother in law finished his chemo last week, and my sister in law is giving a party tonight to celebrate.A celebration is definitely in store!!!   I am bringing a salad and a dessert, both of which I still have to make. Tomorrow DD graduates. There are two ceremonies, one for the whole university, in the morning and then one for the school of nursing in the afternoon, in the evening we are celebrating her graduation with a family dinner. (In a restaurant!).So exciting! DD must be so thrilled to be finished with such a demanding program!  Then on Sunday, I have to work.

I guess I ought to get started on laundry. I don't have any clean scrubs.Sounds like a plan...lol!

Have a great day ladies.

Have a great day my friends!

Hi Ladies.  I've just caught up with posts...and will post more later.  Our fridge decided to quit working during the night Wednesday, so I woke up to water all over the floor and a freezer with a lot of thawed food.  Thankfully we have a very old fridge in the garage that we use for cokes, water, etc.  So I've been shopping online and it looks like we'll go to Best Buy or Home Depot tomorrow.

The boys were here last night and just went home, so it's been a busy couple of days.  Will be back later!

I am babysitting for Charlie now and he is sleeping. Dd, SIL and , R&R are at Charlie's godfathers wedding. DD said that ryan and robbie were practicing their dance moves this week. LOL!

Cindy. Good news about your brother in law and congrats to your DD!!! Lots of reason to celebrate this weekend for sure!!!! Hope you got your laundry done. ;-)

Mary, sorry about the fridge! how have you been holding up with the weather? I keep hearing about the bad rains and storms in the DFW area!

My DDs friend sent me a pic of the blanket i made for her new baby boy today on the crib It matches the bedding perfectly. They didn't want to know the sex of the baby ahead of time so had bought two nursery sets. I guess i must have kniwn deep down that she was having a boy! Lol

Judy...dd is due may 17. So yes, i guess countdown is starting. :-)

Hi Ladies!

Mary, Glad your finger is getting better. Sorry to hear about your refrigerator quitting. Been thinking about you with all the weather going on down there. It's time for a break! Here is the link to the horse scarf. www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/horsin-around-scarf, it's by JoAnne Grimm Thompson. 

Cindy, Good news on your bil and a good reason to celebrate. Congratulations to your DD! I would love to have just one big closet here. We bought a cottage and it was built in the 50's. We have two closets and they both are only coat closet size. If I had thought we would end up living here I would of never agreed to buying this one. And cottages only have crawl spaces. We do have a 20 by 30 garage and it is full. We need to clean it out. 

Judy, It's been cool here to. I'm hoping May is warmer. Me being on the younger side of people in the park, unfortunately I will see a lot of friends being sick and worse. I think now we have 8 of us 60 and under. Were a 55 plus park. I just turned 60. Can't wait to see your rwb blanket.

Joanne, How exciting just 17 or so many more days and your new grandbaby will be here. Can't wait to hear all about him. I haven't been on facebook for a couple of day so didn't know Linda had responded. Thanks for letting us know.

LeeAnn, Those dishes are so pretty!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. We went to my favorite mexican restaurant for dinner. Hubby had 3 appts that day. I scheduled on my birthday just so I could go to my favorite restaurant since it's in my hometown and it's an hour away I wouldn't just drive there to go to dinner. His first appt was at the pain clinic at 8am and it was a bust. They didn't schedule him for the right procedure. It's an hour and fifteen minutes to get there so we left at 6:30. I was not to happy with them. And now I know I will question them for every appt to make sure this don't happen again. He did get to reschedule for yesterday. He said it was the worse pain/treatment ever. Today his back don't hurt, just wear they put the needles in. They burned the nerve endings. This is suppose to last 6 to 12 months. 

We took mil out to lunch yesterday. She really needs to be on oxygen but she refuses. She is 91 and just ready to die. She has a lot of ailments and her eyes are bad and the injections don't help much. She can't see the tv to watch so she don't, can't read anymore. Her back is really bad to. 

I went shopping at a goodwill store and found me a bunch of tops. Trying to build up a wardrobe for Texas so I don't have to take to  many clothes back and forth. Yesterday I went to a couple of garage sales. I picked up a video player for the car. Maya and Gerimiah will enjoy it. We use to use Maya's all the time when she was much younger. Can't believe she and Jocelyn will be 10 this year. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

I lost my post! Oh, well...

Our good friends came by today and we had great day.  Before they left, his wife asked if I would make her an afghan (this is the woman whose husband was gifted with the Marine corps ghan). She said she would go yarn shopping with me when they visit again so she could buy all the yarn I needed  for it.  They're due to come by again in a couple of weeks. Sounds like fun to me!!!

The ghan is called Desert Oasis and the pattern is on Freepatterns. com.

'night everyone!

Good morning!!!

I ended up sleeping over at DDs and left yesterday morning at around 7. I got home and weeded out the front beds. In the afternoon, DH and i went to an art and music festival at a park. We heard some good music, walked around and enjoyed the sunshine! Glad we did since today is rainy

Cindy, I saw the picture of you and your dd on fb!! Great picture and again, congrats to her. That is quite an accomplishment!

Marlene, it sounds like you had a nice birthday , despite the mixup at the pain doc Wow, cant believe Maya is almost 10!!!!

Judy, have u been watching the yankees? They are playing awful...dh has been switching to the mets. He says they are more fun to watch now. Lol

Doing laundry and crocheting. I'm giving the lady sybill downton yarn another go on the shawl I'm maki g. So far its not bothering me. We'll see how it goes !!!

Have a good day everyone.

Cindy, I saw the pic of you and DD too - so sweet!!!! What a day!!

Hi, Joanne!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day.

The Yankees :reyes

My hubby has been watching the Mets, too - they have a spark, at least. It's one thing to not score more than 2 runs a game, but quite another to appear to go meekly to slaughter....

We're enjoying the hockey playoffs, too - esp since there's no aggida involved since the Rangers were so easily eliminated.

I haven't gotten back to the Downton shawl yet - were you having a problem with the yarn too?? We should really complain...I'll keep the pattern and use it for other yarn.

I have a couple of items to make for my cousin (by marriage...even though she's divorced now). She's so creative. She's painting a picture of our fur kids! She's so incredibly talented. It's a gift for us - but I really want to make her something in return. She quilts, crochets, etc - but has put yarn stuff to the side for her painting and quilting. I have a shawlette pattern I want to make as well as a nice sized crocheted basket. She likes bright colors as I do :manyheart

Have a good day my friends.

Judy. The yarn was bothering me but it isnt today. Im making another pattern, not the downton shawl. Its a pattern from red heart site and the name escapes me right now.

ETA: pattern is lacy romantic shawl by Kathleen Sams. I found it on the red heart website

Good Morning!  Another round of severe weather this morning, so Gracie and I have been up since 4.  She's in my lap right now. Lol  I'm playing catch up once again.  You all have been busy!

Cindy ~ Your DD's graduation weekend sounds wonderful!  And such good news about your brother in law. :yes

Judy ~ You must be so excited about the painting of the children!  I know your cousin will love whatever you make for her. :)

Marlene ~ No way that Maya will be 10 this year. ;)   They grow up too fast!  I'm so sorry your hubby's treatment was so painful.  I hope they have helped with the pain. :hug

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds busy and fun.  May 17th is almost here!  Does the little guy have a name yet? :c9

The new fridge will be here tomorrow morning. :)   It hasn't been too bad using the one in the garage...it's right off the laundry room and kitchen area so just a few extra steps. 

I plan to run errands this a.m. after the rain stops!  Have a good morning, everyone.

Morning peeps.

Joanne, thank you for the name of the shawl.

Mary, we had a really bad night here. Rained all day, but around 2:30 AM the power went out, hubby and I woke up, the dogs woke up...Lucy had to go out and throw up. Came back in and her innards were making the loudest noises...power came on about 4:30 and LED clocks were blinking...blech...

Anywho - at least the power came back quickly!

Have  a good day...

Good morning, ladies. The sun is shining today but it was gloomy and drizzly most of yesterday.

Thankyou for all the kind words about DDs graduation. We are very proud of her. Graduation itself was an ordeal. She went to both the entire university graduation and then the school of nursing graduation. The whole university one is divided into two parts, one for liberal arts and then one for business and sciences. That one had about 1800 graduates, so it lasted over three hours. Only the doctoral students got much stage time, but it still took forever. There were about 10,000 people in the audience and the venue had really uncomfortable seating. Then we had to get out of downtown , (to get to the next ceremony), which was no small feat considering all the out of state people milling around. Downtown has a lot of dead end streets, a lot of one way streets, and quite a bit of construction. We spent the afternoon at the school of nursing ceremony. That lasted almost another three hours. At that one each graduate got to have her "personal reflections" read out to the audience. Some of those were quite long. 15 students got doctoral degrees and around 150 got bachelors degrees. This university no longer offers a masters in nursing. Apparently in the future all nurse practitioners will require doctorates. (That's the only reason that DD set out on that journey! It was a lot more work that she had expected!

All that sitting was exhausting. By contrast, work yesterday was much less tiring. (Doesn't that sound odd?). It was actually fairly quiet. Maybe our mad rush us done for a while!)

Judy, is Lucy sick? Our dog seems to have a weak digestive system. She throws up at least once a week and gets carsick. (We walk her to the vet,). Despite that our vet considers her one of his healthiest patients. She gets a lot of exercise which probably helps, and who knows what she eats when she's out and about,

Marlene, I can't believe that Maya is ten either! Where do the years go? Hope your Dh gets pain relief from the procedure.

Mary, yay for the new fridge. I'd be in trouble. We gave our old fridge to DD. We have one of those tiny dorm type of refrigerators in the basement, but it doesn't hold much. It came out if our old camper which was turned into a trailer for hauling things by its new owner. We use it for pop mostly. I guess it would be better than nothing!

Joanne, the art and music festival sounds like a great weekend activity. Dh isn't much into that kind of stuff, although occasionally he will humor me. Before I came up with the Mackinac Island idea for this week, I wanted to go see a play at a theater in Indiana. He told me to go ahead and buy tickets but I could tell that he wasn't really all that interested.....and since tomorrow is his birthday, I gave up the idea. Maybe I'll get one or both of my DDs to go with me.

Well..I guess I ought to get moving. Now that the sun is shining, I see dry paw prints on the kitchen floor......

Have a great day, ladies.

morning peeps!

Pawprints on the floor, Cindy - the story of our lives too...lol!

No, Lucy isn't sick, thank goodness, but ever since she was a pup she's been doing this. Only in the morning, and always before breakfast. We tried pepcid as suggested by the vet, but it didn't change anything. She, like yours, eats stuff in the yard. Can't stop her, either....built like a tank otherwise.

DD's graduation sounds like the massive crowd at Rutgers when DS graduated! Fortunately it was only one ceremony! They have such a massive school the campuses are divided into colleges. Sitting for all that time....ugh. I would be a physical wreck!

Rainy and dreary again today - not as cold. Might be a perfect day to wear my baseball cap to the food store...lol!

Have a good day my friends

I'm making the Dew Drops Wrap from Crochet Treasures, a free pattern. I'll be giving it to my cousin who is painting the picture of my fur kids.

post-8552-0-77182100-1462286445_thumb.jpg

Good morning. A beautiful spring day outside today. I have sheets on the line. (Love the smell of line dried sheets!)

Judy, I love the color way of that shawl. It's going to be a terrific gift.

Nothing much to report here....laundry and housework are on my agenda today.

Hi House. :)

Cindy ~ When are you leaving for the Island?  How long will you be gone?  (I think I read your post from yesterday a.m. right. Lol)  Add me to the list of paw prints through the house...but Gracie's are very small and closer together. ;)  Yes, I'm so glad we have the extra fridge.  It's a 30 year old Amana and still running fine.  Because of the way our kitchen is arranged, I have to use a side by side which is not my favorite!

Judy ~ What a gorgeous pattern and yarn!  Is that the Unforgettable?  Your Sunday night sounds worse than ours.  For once we didn't lose power, but the thunder and lightning were terrible.  Gracie is a scavenger, too.  She digs and eats worms among other nasty things. :lol

Hi to the rest of the house, too!

I love the new fridge!  It's stainless and shallower than the old one, which is a good thing for this kitchen.  Lowe's called ahead and was here about 8:30.  Everything is back in now and it's making ice, so all is good.  That put me in the mood to rearrange the pantry. :)

Crochet time this afternoon!  Have a good 'rest of the day' all.

Good morning. A beautiful spring day outside today. I have sheets on the line. (Love the smell of line dried sheets!)Sounds so nice...my yard has too many birds....and their presents...lol!

Judy, I love the color way of that shawl. It's going to be a terrific gift.​Thanks! I loved the yarn - saw it on sale - and had no idea what I was going to make with it. Meant to be. My test for a gift is if it would be something I would want for myself.   And it is.   I finished the first half - next half will get started later.

Nothing much to report here....laundry and housework are on my agenda today.

Hi House. :)

Cindy ~ When are you leaving for the Island?  How long will you be gone?  (I think I read your post from yesterday a.m. right. Lol)  Add me to the list of paw prints through the house...but Gracie's are very small and closer together. ;)  Yes, I'm so glad we have the extra fridge.  It's a 30 year old Amana and still running fine.  Because of the way our kitchen is arranged, I have to use a side by side which is not my favorite!

Judy ~ What a gorgeous pattern and yarn!  Is that the Unforgettable? Yup. Last two balls of Sunrise in the bin. Your Sunday night sounds worse than ours.  For once we didn't lose power, but the thunder and lightning were terrible.  Gracie is a scavenger, too.  She digs and eats worms among other nasty things. :lol   ICK!

Hi to the rest of the house, too!

I love the new fridge!  It's stainless and shallower than the old one, which is a good thing for this kitchen.  Lowe's called ahead and was here about 8:30.  Everything is back in now and it's making ice, so all is good.  That put me in the mood to rearrange the pantry. :)

Crochet time this afternoon!  Have a good 'rest of the day' all.

A shallow fridge sounds nice - ours is so deep I never put stuff too far back. It's a bottom freezer, which is ok, but not as good as I thought it would be. The only size  we could get had to be smallish for the framed out area we have and it doesn't have shelves in the freezer, so it's a constant battle to keep on top of it. Ordered it online - big mistake!

Good afternoon house!

Oh  my!  You all have been so busy!  I went back to my last post and read all of the happenings.  let's see if I can keep it all straight.

Cindy-Congratulations to your dd!  What an amazing accomplishment, I bet she is over the moon happy to be done.  

Marlene-Happy Late Birthday!  Your dinner out sounded delish!  I love Mexican food, I cook it quite a bit.  :lol

Judy-your shawl is beautiful!  I like the Unforgettable yarn but it is sticky at times..frogging is near impossible.  Is Red Heart Discontinuing it?

Joanne-your weekend sounded so wonderful!  I bet your dd loved that you were able to spend the night, how fun!

Mary-what project did you get to work on today?

Hello to anyone that I may have missed :ghug   I have been working the days and nights away..the bulk orders have been floating in...no complaints as I get about 3 a week..means that I am working from the time I get up until bedtime but  it is all so much fun!  I love that I can do what I enjoy doing and still get paid.  As Graduation nears, I am feeling ok..I think I have done everything that needs to be done, ordered everything just have to wait until the time draws near.

Off to price and shelve new product.  Hugs and warmest of wishes!

LeeAnn ~ When is your son's graduation?  You've done so much to prepare and I know it will be so special!  I went to your shop and was so impressed...everything looks wonderful. :clap   Your pictures, descriptions, labels are all perfect. I know how much work is involved and you are a pro! :)

Time to get dinner on the table - Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Archived