Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

I was in the middle of posting last night and the power went out! Turns out that there was a downed utility pole in the neighboring town. It came back on for about 15 min then went out again. By the time it came back on and stayed on it was about 11:30

Read through all the posts and now dh is ready to go do some of our errands so ill try to post more later. Have a good day !

Good morning, the sun is shining, the robot vacuum and the washer and dryer are humming and I'm drinking coffee and trying to motivate myself to clean......

Dh is supposedly doing the prep work for our new patio....but he has just informed me that he "needs to go to Lowes!" He loves that store and goes there several times a week. I don't think he's been yet this week though. Probably suffering from withdrawal! Actually, he just loves to shop. I worked yesterday, and he asked if I needed any groceries since he needed to pick up a prescription. I gave him a very short straight forward list. When I got home, he proudly informed me that he got everything on the list and nothing else. (That's a miracle in itself.). The one thing on the list that I really needed was crescent rolls, so, despite the fact that I really wanted to trust that he got everything....I had to ask if he got them. His answer? "Oops, I forgot those...but they were at the bottom of the list......." Well, something had to be the last thing on the list, right? So I will be going to the store to get those later.

Ouch, Mary. Hope you heal quickly. I am a one finger typist so a sore finger wouldn't make me any slower! I cut my index finger badly enough to need stitches a few years ago. It was my right hand and it's the fingerprint that I use to access narcotics at work. (That's an identifier that no one else can use). The machine did not like that little scar at all, and I needed to be "reset"!

Okay...time to get to work........

Hi peeps!

Cindy, I had to chuckle at your husband and his shopping....until we had Home Depot and Lowes here our weekend shopping was at Sears...lol!

Well, I finished the 20 inch square blanket and I used enough multi colored leftovers to make myself a good size ghan to cover myself with. So, once I make the border tomorrow I can count those two projects done! :clap

A shawl for myself is waiting in the wings. It will be made using two balls of Unforgettable yarn - in the Sunset color way, I believe. :D

Here's a pic of the baby ghan. Once it's washed and dried it'll drape much nicer

post-8552-0-77074700-1461455093_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Love the eye candy, judy and Leeann!

Had a good day yesterday.. Dh and i wemt to the outlets, trader joes, and then stopped by to see dd and the boys. We ended up there for a while!!! We went for a nice walk and then we took them all to panera for dinner and didn't get home till 8!!! It was a nice day!

Today, im going to visit middle DD. i have some things to bring her and we are going to the park to see the cherry blossoms. I really should do a little cleaning before i get ready to go. Yesterday, it didnt happen! LOL.

Have a wonderful Sunday !

Hi Ladies,

I'll catch up later with everyone. DD called and asked us to come babysit the kids so they could go out for her birthday. Her birthday is today. Can't believe how old my kids are getting. The years have just flown by. We went to garage sales yesterday. Didn't really find much. We didn't get to early of a start either. Everyone had different directions to go. 

My sil called friday night. There granddaughter was flown from up north down to Grand Rapids to the Children's Devos Hospital. She has acute blastic leukemia. She's only 7 years old. They have said she has had it for 6-8 weeks. They did test to see if it has spread to her spine or brain. Her mom posted it hasn't gone to her brain. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

If any of you have made hats for cancer patients, what type of yarn should I use?

Will catch up soon. Have a good day everyone!

Marlene, Devos Childrens Hospital is part of the complex that I work at. (I'm in the heart center.). Your sil's grand daughter is in very good hands. I'm on a committee with a nurse from the children's oncology unit and she always speaks about her patients as "my kids". There's no doubt that the nurses there love the children that they care for.

Nothing much going on here today. I'm sitting around reading a book. Dh has gone hiking with youngest DD. I'm sort of surprised they're still out there, since it's raining.

Judy, your blanket is really pretty.

Good afternoon, everyone. :)

Marlene ~ So very sorry to hear about your sil's granddaughter. :hug   She will be in my thoughts and prayers.  

Judy ~ The baby 'ghan is adorable!  I do believe I saw a rather large paw in the picture. :lol  And we can't wait to see your multi-color afghan, too!  I haven't tried the Unforgettable yarn yet...is it easy to work with?

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds good!  Getting to see family is always good. :)

Cindy ~ Yep - HD and Lowe's are popular here, too. ;)   DH has never been much of a shopper, but Academy, HD and Lowe's are always the exception. 

LeeAnn ~ Your shawl is gorgeous!  Beautiful work and I love the yarn color.

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone - it's been a little crazy around here with the storms (not much sleep for 3 nights!)  and my finger issue.  DH has his second post-op appt. tomorrow. 

I need to get back to my hexie baby 'ghan!  Maybe tomorrow. :)  

Hi Ladies,

I'll catch up later with everyone. DD called and asked us to come babysit the kids so they could go out for her birthday. Her birthday is today. Can't believe how old my kids are getting. The years have just flown by. We went to garage sales yesterday. Didn't really find much. We didn't get to early of a start either. Everyone had different directions to go. 

My sil called friday night. There granddaughter was flown from up north down to Grand Rapids to the Children's Devos Hospital. She has acute blastic leukemia. She's only 7 years old. They have said she has had it for 6-8 weeks. They did test to see if it has spread to her spine or brain. Her mom posted it hasn't gone to her brain. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

If any of you have made hats for cancer patients, what type of yarn should I use?

Will catch up soon. Have a good day everyone!

Hi Marlene ~ I think soft cotton or "smooth" acrylic would be fine for the hats.  Someone else will chime in that knows for sure!

ETA:  Red Heart Soft yarn would be good!

Cindy ~ Enjoy your days off!

Judy ~ Awww, I just went back to the picture and saw more of Miss Lucy - the paw was what I noticed first. ;)   Your scrap 'ghan is wonderful!  You have made so many squares lately...and both afghans are great. :yes

I didn't accomplish much today with all the errands and DH's appointment. Hopefully there will be some crochet time tomorrow. :)

Have a good evening. :manyheart

Hi, peeps.

Mary - thanks. I hope you get some crochet time today!

And yes - I've made a lot of squares lately!  Yesterday I went to my yarn closet and purged it. Got rid of odds and ends of small bits of yarn that I know I won't ever use and separated colors, etc. I'm glad I didn't take a before pic. I would have been so embarrassed!  Now the four bins in there have no lids and I can see at a glance what I have. Just have Homespun and a couple of other items in totes that I can see so I can just pull them out when I want to work on them.

Not much on the agenda today except routine stuff. 

I'm reading my book club selection (it was my choice this month), another Kate Atkinson, her first, Behind the Scenes at the Museum. She never disappoints!

Have a good day my friends :manyheart

Good morning. We had lots of rain overnight and it's chilly and gloomy this morning. I'm going shopping with DD today, (if she ever calls to say she is up!). She wants to buy a dress to wear to her graduation on Saturday. She will be getting her doctorate in nursing,

I've been knitting dishcloths. Sometimes I want my crafting to be no-bargainers. If I make a mistake on a dishcloth, it doesn't matter.

Judy, your blanket is lovely. Congrats on decluttering your yarn. I ought to think about doing that.....

Have a great day, ladies.

Good morning House!

Judy-your afghans are beautiful!  I love all of the colors, so lovely.  I like you, I should be de-cluttering my craft supplies..it's a difficult job.  I have been slowly getting rid of some of my personal stash that I have not used in the last 5 years, I am down to a few bags and one shelf, hoping to dwindle down the to just one shelf...one of these days I will get there.

Cindy-enjoy your day off with your dd shopping :clap   I am what my dh calls an "impatient shopper"  I like to go in and get exactly what I need, I do not like waiting..sounds terrible but I always feel like I have so much to do.  I only clothes shop twice a year, not for very much just necessities.  My dh cleaned out our closet, he has more clothes than me.  He was shocked at how little I have.  A few years back, I did a deep purge and only kept what I love.  Two weekends ago I did the same thing with my shoes..my sister said I could live a minimalist lifestyle with the exception of crafty goodies but those too are dwindling.

Joanne-time spent with family is good for the soul.  When is your dd due?  Sometime soon I bet.

Mary-how is the finger healing up?  I hope that you are able to get in a bit of R & R today.

Marlene-hugs and prayers to your sil's grand daughter, that has to be heart wrenching.

Hello to anyone else that I have missed!  I have been busy finishing up the bulk orders, happy to say that I am on the last one..about half way done with it.  Here are a few pictures of some of the soap orders that were sent out.

80 Sun favors

100 heart favors

16 horse favors

6 sets of numbers and horse favors

12 dozen owl soaps

:ghug

post-33271-0-13215600-1461688187_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-56538400-1461688221_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-50242900-1461688253_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-35477800-1461688376_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-59114900-1461688394_thumb.jpg

Good morning. We had lots of rain overnight and it's chilly and gloomy this morning. I'm going shopping with DD today, (if she ever calls to say she is up!). She wants to buy a dress to wear to her graduation on Saturday. She will be getting her doctorate in nursing,

Oh, you must be so very proud of your DD! What an accomplishment!

I've been knitting dishcloths. Sometimes I want my crafting to be no-bargainers. If I make a mistake on a dishcloth, it doesn't matter.

Absolutely!

Judy, your blanket is lovely. Congrats on decluttering your yarn. I ought to think about doing that.....

Thanks! It felt great doing that. I worked on the first few rows of  a shawl yesterday - Sunrise Unforgettable yarn - But I'm itching to make more blankets. The Willow pattern is a beautiful one, but the pink and white one I saw will help put a bigger dent in my stash - and more quickly.  Decisions, decisions. Until I decide what speaks to me I'll be reading....lol!

Have a great day, ladies.

Good morning House!

Judy-your afghans are beautiful!  I love all of the colors, so lovely.  I like you, I should be de-cluttering my craft supplies..it's a difficult job.  I have been slowly getting rid of some of my personal stash that I have not used in the last 5 years, I am down to a few bags and one shelf, hoping to dwindle down the to just one shelf...one of these days I will get there.

Cindy-enjoy your day off with your dd shopping :clap   I am what my dh calls an "impatient shopper"  I like to go in and get exactly what I need, I do not like waiting..sounds terrible but I always feel like I have so much to do.  I only clothes shop twice a year, not for very much just necessities.  My dh cleaned out our closet, he has more clothes than me.  He was shocked at how little I have.  A few years back, I did a deep purge and only kept what I love.  Two weekends ago I did the same thing with my shoes..my sister said I could live a minimalist lifestyle with the exception of crafty goodies but those too are dwindling.

Joanne-time spent with family is good for the soul.  When is your dd due?  Sometime soon I bet.

Mary-how is the finger healing up?  I hope that you are able to get in a bit of R & R today.

Marlene-hugs and prayers to your sil's grand daughter, that has to be heart wrenching.

Hello to anyone else that I have missed!  I have been busy finishing up the bulk orders, happy to say that I am on the last one..about half way done with it.  Here are a few pictures of some of the soap orders that were sent out.

80 Sun favors

100 heart favors

16 horse favors

6 sets of numbers and horse favors

12 dozen owl soaps

:ghug

Oh, you HAVE been busy!!

You could live the minimalist life! That's been my impetus over the past year. Keeping the clothes that I love - and which fit well since I lost weight over the past months - and get rid of the rest. I can already fit all my seasonal clothes that need to be on hangers on the one rod in my closet. My dresser drawers could still be purged some more. I threw out some books, too - ones I knew I'd never read. Local library only takes donations at certain times and I didn't want to start cluttering the garage. I'm just tired of so much stuff laying around - and fortunately DH has always been this way. It just me a long time to walk into the light...lol!

Have a good night my friends,

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope your finger is healing quickly. Thanks for the prayers for Naomi. I'm glad we missed all the rain. 

LeeAnn, I don't have an answer on the buttons. The pattern calls for yarn but pictures sure look different. I sent out a message to the designer. You have been one busy lady. When I packed for Texas and when I got there I hung all my hangers the opposite way to see what I wear and don't wear. It was kind of hard in Texas with the colder weather tops because it wasn't very cold this year. So I left them there, except my favorites. Your shawl is beautiful and I like that color.

Judy, Love your afghans lately. Enjoy your reading.

Cindy, In my hometown there was a little boy at Helen Devos Hospital fighting cancer. His parents post on facebook in are community page his progress. They spoke highly of everyone at the hospital as is Naomi's mom and grandma (my sil). I have told them I have only heard good things about this hospital and she was right where she should be.

I like to shop at Menards, Lowes, and Home Depot, but I like the other things they sell instead of building and fixing things. There good for seasonal stuff. 

Congratulations to your DD! 

I posted something on Linda's facebook page the other day. She hasn't been there since sometime in February. I sure hope all is okay with them.

Naomi is improving everyday. The cancer hasn't spread to her brain and her white blood count is coming down. Prayers are helping. 

Found out a friend in Texas was just diagnosed with bone cancer. She went to the hospital thinking she had had a stroke. She wasn't to good this winter. She was walking with a cane and said her leg and hip hurt her. She didn't get out as much as she usually does because of it. 

Are friend Jim has now been in the hospital for a month. He was almost discharged but he retained fluid so they kept him. They think they have finally found the right medicine to reduce the fluids. His wife said his legs are looking much better. But he still has lots of improving to do. 

I hope this is the end of bad news for awhile. Take care and I hope everyone has a good week. 

Hi House. :) We're under storm watches and warnings again, so I'll be up for quite a while.

Judy ~ DD and I were talking earlier today about "purging" ...she is much better than I am, but then she's much younger than I am. Lol  She is so good about donating the boy's things to a women's and children's center.  I'm going to look up the author you

mentioned!

LeeAnn ~ Your products are wonderful!  Everything looks so nice...I love the owls!  (Actually, I love everything you do!)

Marlene ~ I understand about the bad news. :hug   It seems like we have almost daily phone calls about someone having health issues or worse.  It's especially hard when it involves children. Can you share the horse scarf pattern?  Would love to see it!

Cindy ~ I love making dishcloths/washcloths!  Our DD and several of her friends also like the cotton face scrubbies, so I try and keep those going when I can.  Congratulations to your DD. :yay

Thanks for asking about my finger - it's much better and I'll be more careful with that mean knife from now on. ;)

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

good morning peeps!

Mary, I hope you made out ok with the storms last night! We watched the Yankees and Texas a bit last night and they got hit with a heavy rain storm.

And I love reading samples of books on my reader before buying them. It's saved me from buying clunkers in the past...lol! There's something about British authors - which Kate A is....

Thanks, Marlene! We live in a very young neighborhood so don't hear about too many serious illnesses. The one thing my longtime friends and I have in common (living here 40 years now) is that all of has have had parents and in-laws pass.....

It's cloudy and cold here this morning - 40's. We won't get a frost, thank goodness, but it is definitely coat weather again!

Have a great day my friends.

Good morning. Sunny and cold here this morning. It doesn't look like we had frost though.

DD bought the very first dress that she tried on yesterday, and as a bonus it was in her schools colors, and 20% off. She also bought new shoes. We were through before lunch. I was thinking of looking for some new summer clothes, but I wasn't in the mood. I should do a bit of closet decluttering before I buy more.

I have a meeting at work from 4 to 6 today, but the rest of the day is free. I may spend it sewing. Probably laundry will pop up in there as well.

Mary, I'm glad to hear that your finger is doing better. Hope you aren't too wet there.

Marlene, it's good to hear that Naomi is improving. Sorry to hear about all your friends troubles.

Lee Ann, those soaps are so cute. I've been getting rid of stuff all winter, but I won't ever be a minimalist. (I own...and use seven sets of dishes and I'd buy more if the price was right and I knew where to store them!). I've weeded out my books to just the ones that I read over and over, plus I still have a lot of kids books. My grandsons love books. Now if only Dh woukd go through his books. I go through my clothes every year or so, but somehow stuff multiplies!

Off to start my day....hope you all have a good one.

Good morning House!

Cindy-I had to giggle when I read that you like dish sets, reminds me of my mom. :hug  She loves loves loves dish sets too!  She has 3 cupboards full, she rotates them.  How fun!  I do have a vintage set that I bought last year. Being that my shop is in the same building as the most fabulous antique shop..I couldn't resist.  I hemmed and hawed for over a year..one day I just broke down and bought the entire set and a buffet to put them in.  I must say the set is perfect as it came with everything from serving bowls, to the sugar and creamer set.  I am terrified to let my kiddos use them as they break everything dish wise.   :cry   Originally I was going to get rid of all of my other dishes and just have this one set but my dh was not on board..it's going to happen though.   :lol

Here is a pin of them.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/444449056948063251/

Marlene-Prayers for Naomi, so sorry to hear about your friend in Texas.   :hug

Judy-it's freezing cold in my neck of the woods as well, did you decide what your next project will be?

Mary-so glad that your finger is healing well, what project/projects are you working on?

Going to shrink wrap the bell soaps and then get to paperwork.  Thank you all for the lovely compliments, I do love soaping!  Have a gret day! 

Archived