Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Happy Monday.

Mary I hope DH is a little less grumpy today. How has he been feeling? Other than grumpy ? Lol. Luke's party sounds like fun. Aren't the years flying by? 6 years old already!!! Blink your eyes and they are grown. At least that seems how it feels.

Marlene hope the Easter dinner went well!

Michelle. Sounds like a lovelyEaster planned. Hope you had a wonderful day. What kind of job would it be?

Cindy. Hope your Easter was fun with the family

We had a great time, the kids had a ball with the Easter egg hunt and dinner was delicious. Baked ham, grilled lamb, grilled asparagus, Mac and cheese, salad and potatoes. Talk about full!!!, DH was happy about the ham. He loves it, and it is a treat for him since he doesn't usually eat it because of the high sodium. I have never been a fan of asparagus, but son in law sprinkled them with some olive oil, a little salt and pepper and grilled them on the barbecue. Delicious!!!!

Time to get going. Have a great day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Morning, House. :)

Joanne ~ Your day with family sounds wonderful!  Grilled (or roasted) asparagus is my favorite veggie...a little shredded parmesan makes it even better. ;)

Judy ~ Have you started joining little squares yet?  I have to go to the store and pharmacy this a.m. and then plan on crochet time today! 

DH's doctor told us they will call today to schedule his follow up appt.  They always call us instead of the other way around...they take good care of patients!

Have a good morning, everyone. ♥♥♥

Good morning!!

Looks like some had a good Happy Easter! Hope everyone did! We did too, even though it was the first one I remember where it rained ALL day! We got up and went to Easter Sunrise Service with breakfast following. I stayed and helped with the clean up and then we went right into a special Easter service at our regular Sunday service time. Afterwards, went to MIL's for lunch ( a feast!) That's one thing I can say for her, she cooks like Southern Living magazines and there is NOTHING she doesn't fix well!! We had ham, fried chicken tenders, green salad with oil/vinegar dressing, deviled eggs, homemade piemento cheese on celery sticks, homemade mac and cheese, cooked stuffed peppers with cornbread dressing, peas out of the garden, butterbeans, cornbread and rolls with sweet tea and a huge strawberry cake with 5 layers!! Delicious!

Came home and thought I would get a nap.. No sooner than I was drifting off here come the little kiddos saying Mimi get up we want to hide eggs!! LOL!! They hid them all over the house several times over before they finally got tired of it.. all finally left about 8:00 last night, so a lot to clean up today for sure!!

I did see where there were spring tornadoes over Easter although I didn't see where,, I sure hope everyone here is okay... especially you MARY!!! You have had your share of near misses where you are! If I go to work it is with a Walmart chain so he said he had to go through "procedures" and would be getting with me... Even though I am concerned about the fibro,, I have never accepted the fact that this is the way it has to be for life for me.. and I AM so much better this last year than the first 3 when I didn't know what was wrong. I am really hoping and believing i am being healed of it! I have found though that triggers it on is not taking care of yourself... especially nutrition and lack of sleep. So I will always have to be sure to take care of myself!! and who knows there may be someone better qualified going through the "procedures" and the door shuts? I kind of really want it, but if it doesn't work out, I will be alright either way. How is DH? I sure hope he is mending nicely, and yes!! men are NOT good patients!! I know my he- man can sure turn into a whiny baby when sick!! :lol

JUDY -- I had to laugh when I saw where you found UFO's in your closet!!! Don't we all? LOL!! Although at this point, I have WAY more projects in the closet of my mind with plans TO DO!! ;)

CINDY-- your weekend sounds great! That reading a book and a 2 mile walk with nature sounds wonderful!! I went walking the other day,, we live on a dirt road with not much traffic or houses... Well this big australian/ red heeler type dog adopted me! NO collar and would not leave me.. he looked pretty poor, so I think someone put him out.. I have called about 10 people all through the community - about a 10 mile radius.. no one claims him, so I guess he is MINE!! He sure seems to like it here and even Ms. Daisy likes him, and she usually runs ALL strays away......DD named him Roscoe! :lol 

JOANNE, you sound so cheerful with such Easter fun! Sounds like you had a great time with your grands and your dinner sounds yummy also!! I must say I have never tried lamb... As far as the job, if it works out it is pharmacy technician.

MARLENE-- your baby G will probably play something when he gets older.. I don't know about your area,, but it does not seem the same as the way it used to be when my boys were so young... parents and adults seem to show out more than the children...uughh!!

Your Horsin' Around Scarf sounds great!! Can't wait to see pics! That might make a great stocking stuffer for my DD's Christmas this year.. She loves horses.. we are down to 2 now but with no time to ride, we are thinking of selling them because they need much more attention than what they get..

Well, hoping everyone has a great Monday and a good day!! If I don't get off here I will have nothing done! :lol

Michelle, The yarn for the squares is labeled light....I'll be at this for a while...and I never count my embroidery or xStitch UFOs....lol!

Joanne, it sounds like it was a fun day yesterday!

Mary, I have to make the bright pink and white squares then I'll see how I need to arrange them before joining any. They are little!

Judy ~ You always have such a good eye for arranging your granny square afghans!  Can't wait to see this one. :)

DD sent a video via text of Luke's very first hit in his very short  baseball career. Lol :c9   I played it several times and am so excited for him. Everyone was yelling "Go Luke" and don't you know he was so thrilled.  :)   He's growing up way too fast! 

Morning peeps.

I sent an email to Linda....no reply yet....

Judy ~ You always have such a good eye for arranging your granny square afghans!  Can't wait to see this one. :)

Thanks! I've learned how addicted I am to symmetry....it shows in so many areas of my life, esp crochet!

DD sent a video via text of Luke's very first hit in his very short  baseball career. Lol :c9   I played it several times and am so excited for him. Everyone was yelling "Go Luke" and don't you know he was so thrilled.  :)   He's growing up way too fast! 

They do grow up so fast....I pray he will always know joy in his life...

Cold and VERY windy here.

Off to start my day. Have a good one my friends,

Good morning ladies. It's cold here, but the sun is shining. There is snow in the forecast for later in the week.

I worked yesterday, and wow, was I ever busy. It was a great day though, but I was exhausted when I got home.

I have to go to the dentist this morning and then run a couple of errands. I HATE going to the dentist. Hopefully it warms up enough to get some outdoor work done after I get home.

Mary, how fun to get to see Luke's fist hit. They sure grow up fast.

Well, off to get ready to go to the dentist......:(

Cindy, I feel your "pain" about the dentist! Our medical appointments are getting up there.

Sunny but cold and windy here today. The groundhog lied!

Judy ~ thank you.  :manyheart  Yes, the world is so different now and I often wonder what it will be like for our kids and grandkids. 

Cindy ~ I hope everything went well at the dentist's office today!

DH has his post-op doctor appt. in the morning.  They are predicting more severe storms and hail tomorrow.  Hopefully it holds off until we're back home!

Have a good evening, House. ♥♥♥

Hi all

I have a few more dental appointments to make. I waited until now to give my mouth a break. Lol. Time to get the rest of the work scheduled

Hope your appointment went well Cindy.

Mary, How fun to see the first hit. I can only imagine Luke's excitement!!! Technology is so great so even if we can't be somewhere we still get to "see" it!!! Hope the storms hold off

Judy. I hope Linda gets in touch soon.

Off to watch the voice. Have a good night

Good Morning, Ladies. :rain  It's already raining and they're saying the heavy stuff should arrive around mid-day.  Keeping fingers crossed that we're home before then!

Joanne ~ Oh, I'm so sorry you're having a lot of dental work done.  You know I can empathize...hugs.  :hug 

I've got my tote bag in the car with another cowl for Sue. :)   Have a good Wednesday morning, everyone. ♥♥♥

Good morning. The sun is shining here, but the weather forecast says winter might return by the end of the week.

I had a cavity, (first one in years), so I have to go back to the dentist. I also have a cracked tooth plus I need to get my silver fillings replaced, so there are a few more dentist visits in my future. Im glad we have dental insurance!

I didn't find rain boots while I was out yesterday either, so I will either have to go out again or see what I can find online.

Today's plan is the usual, cleaning, and maybe laundry. Probably some more yard work if it warms up like it did yesterday.

Have a great day, ladies.

Good morning ladies!

Gasp!  It's been too long since I last posted.  It seems like I just can't catch up.  Some days I am not sure how I get it all done.

Joanne-Your Easter sounded just lovely!  How nice to be close to your dd's and grands.  I bet they are loving having you so close.  Will keep my fingers and toes crossed that your dental appointments go well.

Judy-I too like symmetry...I can drive myself crazy.   Your saltine ghan sounds lovely, have you tried the join as you go granny method?  I learned it from Lucy on Attic 24, very fast!

Cindy-Yesterday must have been a day for everyone!  I was busy here at the shop and in Joyce's shop, was running.  Glad for the sales and folks that came in.

Mary-I love making cowls, my sister especially loves wearing them.  She has quite a few but always wants more.   :manyheart

Michelle-hoping that you get the job, my dh is a pharmacy tech.  He has been at it for 22 years and loves it!  My little sister is a pharmacist, she graduated last May. 

Marlene-you are so very busy!  Bet your are missing your grands, when will you all head to your summer home?

I have had a few custom orders, one is for bottle dresses for a Quincenera and then another baby shower.  Also working on re-vamping my Etsy Bulk listings and my ds's party favors for his graduation...sure keeps me hopping.

I did manage to finish another pair of socks.  I learned a new way to knit them using two sets of circulars...love love love the pattern!  Much faster and easy peasy..just what I need and like.

My twin sister drove to see us this weekend along with her 4 beautiful babies, what fun!  I m the gal on the left...I think.  

hugs my friends!

post-33271-0-45455900-1459355377_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-52737200-1459355494_thumb.jpg

HI House!! :)

Yesterday was a gorgeous day! Today clouds are rolling in with rain supposed to be here by evening with heavy threat of severe stuff tomorrow.. Not good since I have GOT to go to the dentist...

LEEANN= I DID get the job! I was called in yesterday for an interview which went fantastic! It helped that even though I haven't worked in 6 years I have kept my national license up to date.. Said it should be anywhere from 3 days to a week before I get called in, but we discussed pay which I agreed to, and had me sign papers, drug test, all the good stuff... I am actually looking forward to it!! I have GS today, so can't do alot of cleaning because they like so much attention when here. Tomorrow I have to see dentist because of a bridge that is VERY loose.. I need to get fixed because I do not need it to come off and me ask time off then on a new job... how embarrassing that would be.

I love the pic of you and your sister! Both of you are so pretty!! and what is a Quincerena?

JUDY=I really can't wait to see what you are doing with the saltines! I get bored and tired out easily making them, but I LOVE the possibilities of what you can do with them..

MARY= how neat to get to see Luke's first hit through the media! in so many ways technology can be wonderful! How is DH getting along? I hope his appointment went well and that he's on the mend very nicely!

CINDY= I hope your dentist appointment went well... and I relate very well to how you feel about going...

JOANN= so many of us with dentist woes lately! but yes, as much as you've been through lately, sometimes we need a break before finishing it all up...

Well ladies, gotta go! Praying everyone stays safe through the coming storms and have a great evening!!

Hi, peeps!

Cindy, the cost of dental insurance vs the payouts....not worth it for us. The plans are awful. You would think Medicare would pick it up or offer a decent plan since many health issues  are caused by bad teeth and gums!

LeeAnn, oh my....talk about looking alike!! Good thing you wear different designs of glasses! You are so young and cute!

Michelle, I took  out my graph paper and decided on a layout for my tiny squares (2 inches!). The yarn is Lightweight. I'll be taking another break from saltines after this project...lol! The body of the blanket won't be big, but I'll make a deep border to make up for it - NOT using saltines :lol   And congrats on the job! Awesome news!

Joanne, I think I still have a couple of silver fillings left - at least - but I'm in no rush to shell out the money - and I've been saying no to X-rays....enough already!

I went to AC Moore this morning....and couldn't resist 2 balls of Sunrise, Unforgettable yarn. A summer shawl is in my future. I also picked up more yellow (a light blue, white and yellow color scheme for a ghan are in my head) and Tea Leaf green to go with all the pink and white I have laying around....

I withstood buying out some of their sale stock.... :tup

Have a good night my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Michelle, Congratulations on the job! When will you start? Your Easter sounds like a nice time.

Judy, You picked up some pretty colored yarn. I can't wait to see what you make with it. Can't wait to see your saltine blanket. I hope you hear from Linda soon. 

Mary, Hope hubby is feeling better and his doctors visit went well. How nice to see Luke's first hit. We have to love technology. 

Joanne, Your day with family and extended family sounds like a fun day.

Cindy, Be careful of that cracked tooth. A friend here went to the dentist for a toothache and found out her tooth was cracked. She ended up getting it pulled. She had to be on medicine for it. I don't care to go to the dentist either. Luckily we have are dental insurance back. 

LeeAnn, You and your twin are beautiful. Congratulations on finishing the socks. We will head home in two weeks. I can't wait to see the grandbabies. 

We had over 90 people for Easter dinner. Friday we have are final party. Hopefully it is nice weather wise so we can have it outside. Tomorrow we have to do the prepping for it. We will have hamburgers, brats, homemade french fries, onion rings and baked beans, punch, tea and water. Hope everyone has a nice rest of the week.

morning peeps.

No news from Linda :(

Nothing much on the agenda today - need more dog food, so a run to Petsmart is in order. A new water bowl too. The old one has a speck of rust on the bottom - I have no idea how long we've had it but I do know it's at least two dogs ago (which is how we remember things in this house...lol)

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning ladies. Rainy and dreary here, but not all that cold. I'm still going through books in my decluttering efforts. I need another bookcase! I had all these books on wall mounted shelves, but I want to remove those shelves in an effort to cut back on my pack rat habits. (If I have an empty shelf, I feel compelled to fill it!).

Nothing exciting going on here today. A little cleaning, a little crafting, a little reading. I have a few over ripe bananas so maybe I will make some banana bread today as well. I ought to visit my mother in law too. Maybe this evening.

Have a great day, ladies.

Good afternoon house!

Michelle-Congratulations on the new job!  How exciting and fun!  Do you know the folks that you will be working with?  A Quinceanera is a latin based celebration.  It is usually on the gals 15th birthday.  It is a huge church event to help the young gal transition into womanhood.  In the older countries it could also be used as a sign  that she is ready to take on more responsibilities and is ready to look for a mate and have children.  I have never been to one, but was asked to make all of the decorations.   :manyheart 

Judy-forgot to tell ya!  Your ripple ghan is stunning!  Lovely colors.

Cindy-I am a bit of a hoarder too! I have to fill up any empty space.  A day of baking and crafting and cleaning sounds like fun. 

Marlene-hoping that you have good weather for your return to your other home.

Working on the never ending paperwork and getting ready for craft night...so much to do!  Have the bestest day ladies!

Thank you so very much for the lovely compliments.  Lu and I are getting up there..we will be 40 in June. :D  :ghug  :ghug 

Good morning peeps. 

Well, it was in the 70's and very humid yesterday - and this morning we need the heat back on...This seems like Texas weather from what I've heard!

LeeAnn, I'll be trying the JAG method when I start using up the small balls of yarn I have laying around - it can be a continual WIP as I use up all of my odds and ends. Thanks for the reminder! I love Lucy on Attic24

Have a great day my friends

Archived