Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Marlene ~ I love the pictures!  Baby G's big eyes and chubby cheeks are precious...he's just adorable. :c9   The blanket looks wonderful and the bunny booties are so cute!

Still raining here and it's supposed to continue through Friday!  Hopefully no more severe stuff. 

DH has an appt. this morning and another one tomorrow.  Better get in the shower - Have a good morning!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi peeps.

Michelle, Happy Belated Birthday!  

Marlene, Your work is so cute!! And Baby G...what an adorable baby. I have an urge to pinch (gently) those chubby cheeks. :manyheart

Cindy, it was in the 70's yesterday here...and will be the same today.

I have a teeth cleaning in a couple of hours, and we went out to Lowe's this morning so the time has sped by. I did a lot of crocheting last evening so the pile of squares is getting there. I've been working on one color at a time, so by the time I get to the last one they're all done - except for the ends. I do those as I finish a batch.

Have a great day my friends.

Hey Ladies!!

I sure hope you don't kick me out because I am so inconsistent!! Life has been so hectic, but all is well and I have been reading the posts!! Lots going on with everyone I see!!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope you continue to feel better. Enjoy your vacation! Maybe the weather will be much nicer when you return.

Mary, Yeah for getting your taxes done. The weather here has been really nice. Probably are warmest winter. 

Joanne, I bet the boys are real excited for mom and charlie to be home. 

Michelle, Glad your feeling better and hope you continue to for awhile. I've never seen that rooster afghan.

Yes Marlene! Thank you! I have been doing lots better!! The last couple of days some mild stiffness and some pain in my right knee, ankles and feet. but it only lasted a couple of hours and I could still walk... On that rooster afghan, ReniC answered my query on this site in the Looking for Patterns section. She posted a link and that was it! It was actually in Crochet World in the 80's. The site had just sold the magazine the night before I requested it..  :(   ReniC suggested I contact Crochet World and see how they may help. I just haven't done it yet....

Judy, Sorry you've been hurting. I hope you have figured out the problem. It reminded me to talk to DD about it. When she took Maya to the doctor in november we found out she has high cholesterol. She is to go back this month to be rechecked. I told her about you and Mary having problems from your medicine. I told her I want to talk to hubby's heart doctor before they put her on any medicine for his opinion. I read up on it and many doctors don't think they should put kids on statins at such a young age. Many kids after they hit puberty things change. And her heritage is know to have high cholesterol, which the doctor did tell DD that. Hubby sees the heart doctor in May. I'm glad were aware of her numbers. Hopefully they have gone down. She's just to picky of an eater. 

LeeAnn, I do miss all this going on down here when we go home. Yeah for getting a jump on spring cleaning. Your cowl is really pretty.

It's been a busy week here. Today we took the valentine's decorations down and put up the st. patrick's up. We had 13 people there doing it. Sometimes we have a few more. It's nice to get it all done in one day. Tomorrow I'm going shopping with the sewing girls. There going to a new to them quilt shop, then JoAnn's, Michael's and out to lunch. Were going to have a fun day!

Friday we are having spaghetti for lunch. Tomorrow starts the Oyster Festival here in town. I think were going to go tomorrow and friday night. Two different couples want us to go with them. Sunday is hubby's birthday. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week! 

Good morning!

Happy Saturday everyone! 

Hope that Cindy is having a wonderful time in the Smokies!

Sorry to read that Linda and her DD are going through a difficult time with GS- will definitely keep them in my thoughts and prayers-

Mary- I bet it was nice to have some one on one time with Zach!  Speaking of dentists, I have to call to reschedule an appointment that I had to cancel since I was babysitting the boys so that DD could welcome Charlie into the world! Will have to do that on Monday-

LeeAnn- Love the cowl- easy in knit stitch, but so pretty and drapey! I'm working on a knit blanket and a crochet blanket now for Grandson #4- I like alternating between the 2 crafts-

Michelle- Glad to hear that the fibro has been giving you a break- hope that it stays that way!

Thank you Joann!!! It has taught me that we NEVER should take our blessings like health for granted....

Judy- Glad you figured out that it was the statin giving your hands fits. I am going to have to pay a higher copay for my bp med, but am not switching because I've been on this one for about 5-6 years w/out any side effects and don't want to take any chances! 

Marlene- Was surprised to see that they are considering putting Maya on cholesterol meds. I would think diet maybe could lower it- or maybe there are some natural things she could take instead. When will you be leaving TX?

Next week I have to work 9:30-6 since one of my co-workers on the team I'm on decided to up and quit and she was the 9:30-6 person. . Not looking forward to it, but it is what it is. We will have to alternate working those hours until she is replaced. They will hire the next person to work those hours.  So every 3 wks, I'll be working those hours. Guess the dentist appt will have to be the following week, now that I think of it. I wouldn't be able to get there till about 6:45.

Going to start the weekly chores, then we'll head over to spend some time with the boys-- all three of them!! I was thinking of bringing R&R back to our house and keeping them for dinner to give DD and SIL the chance to rest when Charlie is sleeping. Not sure what is on their agenda for the day, though, so we'll see.

Well, I've procrastinated enough- time to get moving.!

Have a good day everyone!

Michelle,   :birthday   :bday

Hope you had a great day!

Thank you Marlene!!!! Yes it was a wonderful day!! I awoke to all kinds of well wishes all day long and then last night, my DH and DD had called the rest of the children and my brother and his family from an hour away.. They all surprised me with a "party" of sorts here!! I really felt like a "SOMEBODY" even if I didn't have a stitch of makeup on or hair fixed not expecting that!! Got a little new yarn and new jewelry making supplies... what more could I ask for?

Hi House.  A quick post for me tonight....

The sirens went off for almost two hours this a.m.  One more time we were lucky as there were houses blown away about 3 miles from us. Our power was off 3 different times during the day which means no uverse. Thank goodness for cell phones!

Happy Birthday, Michelle! :cake

More severe weather predicted between midnight and 5 a.m.  I'm getting too old for this. ;)

Thank you Mary!! And I am so glad you are all safe!! This same bad weather is supposed to start sometime here tonight and last all way through Saturday... They are predicting it to be very severe!!

Well, hey to EVERYONE else I did not address and hope all is having a great day. I have so much to do before I can have some crochet/ me time today. I am still working on the Starlight Afghan for my DIL's Christmas afghan, have several birthday squares to do that I am behind on for the Friendship Squares group, and I am crocheting a kitchen towel and dishcloth set for a housewarming gift..

until later....

Hi peeps.

"just" a teeth cleaning - but I always stress out...that's done. Of course an old silver filling needs to be changed out. I hate that, but I'm thankful I have my teeth :lol

worked on the squares a bit today before the dentist. Then late this afternoon we took a ride...I got my Starbucks and we parked at the bay and walked along the path there. It was absolutely beautiful. Here in NJ it got up to at least 80. Looks like we're going to skip Spring.

Have a good night my friends.

Judy ~ I'm glad the dental appointment was okay.  By now, everyone knows how often I go to the dentist...not fun!

Michelle ~ As Judy said - you will never be banned from Our House. :D   Your surprise Birthday party sounds so special!  And yes, so often our storms head your way.  DD's job sent her to Birmingham years ago and I would call her with a heads up about the weather.  She also took flying lessons while in Alabama and it made me a nervous wreck. Lol

Cindy ~ I hope you're having a wonderful vacation!

The weather service announced today that the storm yesterday a.m. included an official tornado less than a mile from us...we must have a special 'weather angel' looking after us.

Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

Oh Good Morning!!! It is so good to know I won't ever get "kicked" out!! :rofl  Seriously though, this is the most awesome site in cyberspace!! Thank you Judy and Mary!!! So much encouragement...  :ghug  Hugs to all... This place has helped me so much over the last few months!!

Well I never got my crochet or craft time yesterday.. :ohdear  I am having to have the grands more lately. One set is out of school/daycare this week for spring break. I think I am getting old..my nerves are not what they used be. Seemed like All they did all day was pester the heck out of each other and all I did was referee!! whew boy...

I may not get my time today either. I need to get some groceries, and I have a weight watchers meeting this afternoon. Afterwards, I have another meeting to go to. It seems the busier the times are in my life is when I have the most ideas in my head for what I want to do!! :think  Well we shall see...

Anyway hope everyone in the House has some "me" time today!!

"Seemed like All they did all day was pester the heck out of each other and all I did was referee!! whew boy..."

Michelle ~ Were my grandsons at your house yesterday?  Sounds just like them! :lol

'Morning, all.  We have to leave before long for another appt.  DH is having two different surgeries (urological) in the next month and this is a pre-op assessment.  They may combine the procedures into one surgery and both doctors would be there if they can coordinate schedules.  Makes sense to me!

It's still raining!  4 days in a row so far.

Have a good Thursday, everyone. :manyheart

Oh Good Morning!!! It is so good to know I won't ever get "kicked" out!! :rofl  Seriously though, this is the most awesome site in cyberspace!! Thank you Judy and Mary!!! So much encouragement...  :ghug  Hugs to all... This place has helped me so much over the last few months!!

Well I never got my crochet or craft time yesterday.. :ohdear  I am having to have the grands more lately. One set is out of school/daycare this week for spring break. I think I am getting old..my nerves are not what they used be. Seemed like All they did all day was pester the heck out of each other and all I did was referee!! whew boy...

I may not get my time today either. I need to get some groceries, and I have a weight watchers meeting this afternoon. Afterwards, I have another meeting to go to. It seems the busier the times are in my life is when I have the most ideas in my head for what I want to do!! :think  Well we shall see...

Anyway hope everyone in the House has some "me" time today!!

:manyheart

Good Morning!  :rain  The sun is supposed to be back on Sunday...almost a whole week of rain and clouds is very unusual for us.  I'm multi-tasking this a.m. so I can crochet this afternoon. :)

Have a good Friday, everyone. ♥♥♥

Hi Ladies,

Michelle, Your grandkids sound like my DS kids. A boy 11 and a girl 9. They pick at or argue all the time. It's funny one time I asked Maya what you think about having a brother and she said I know we'll argue. I said why you taking lessons from your cousins and she said no. So I told her since she is the oldest she is in control and don't have to argue if she doesn't want to. She didn't have anything more to say about it. 

Mary, I hope your weather gets over with soon. Good luck to your DH and his surgeries. 

Judy, We are expecting almost 90 temps sunday and monday. Way to warm this early in the season.

Thanks everyone for all the nice things you said about my crocheting and baby G. Grandma will pinch his chubby cheeks (softly) for all of you. Daycare gave DD her vacation schedule. So I will be watching baby G and Maya 3 weeks this summer. I can't wait! Maya will come for the summer as she always does. But I think we will make more trips to her house through out the summer.

Today we served 68 people for breakfast. We had, biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, coffee and orange juice. Not sure why we need bacon with sausage and gravy. All was delicious!

I'm making another pair of the bunny booties. Someone asked me if I would make them for there grandbaby. 

We have ladies night tonight. I hope we get a good turn out. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Be safe if your in the path of those nasty storms coming across.

hi, peeps,

I've been busy weaving in ends on the grannies before I add the last round and then join them. I've had it so the blanket will be 6 by 7 seven squares big. Not sure of the size it will end up being, but I do want to do something different for the border.

Spent part of the day sanding our old park bench in the yard before freshening it up with a new coat of redwood stain/paint. I enjoy projects like that - and hubby goes crazy when I suggest how to do it, so the job was handed off to me :lol  It was more comfortable today, thank goodness. The last two days were way too uncomfortably hot esp in the middle of the day.

Have a good night, my friends.

HI ladies. Made it home safely and we are all unpacked. It was a very long day, although traffic was better than on the way out. I have a lot of laundry waiting though. I could have done laundry at the condo, but it seemed kind of stupid to spend 3 or 4 hours of vacation doing laundry, when I could do it at home. So that's on tomorrow's to do list.

Judy, I like those little improvement projects too. My bench could use a bit of freshening up too.

I'm off to bed, it's early, but I'm exhausted. Have a great rest of the evening.

Cindy ~ I'm glad you had a safe trip home - laundry is so boring. Lol  I hope you have a few days before going back to work!

Judy ~ You must be having some good weather!  Our (now very old) patio furniture needs some work or maybe we'll replace it this year. :)

Marlene ~ It sounds like the majority of the rain has missed you?  I'm not surprised someone has asked for bunny booties,,,they are so cute.  :c9 

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Good Morning!   I'm already whining about the time change. Lol  Our rain is gone and the sun finally poked through yesterday afternoon.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! :manyheart

Good morning !

My oldest arrived for the weekend yesterday and we went to my middle DD's print shop and another art show. Back at the print shop we learned how to print ! Fun! Then went out to eat to celebrate my middles birthday. Great place with amazing food, and we had a wonderful time. Today is Robbie's 3rd birthday party so another day of fun!!! Not enjoying the time change, but will like that it gets darker later in the day.

I'm heading out to get bagels. DD always likes to take some back with her. She said the bagels in Boston are just not the same as here. I'll be dropping her at the train station on my way to work tomorrow and then back to reality

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Mary and Joanne....the time change has really messed with us, too. Dogs are still on their internal clock, which isn't so good with the Fall time change, but works for now. I had to think about the best time to take my meds this morning, too....goofy. There's no reason to change the time twice a year. 

Our country gets in habits and doesn't know how to say enough!

Boy, am I dragging. A week of vacation where we slept late every morning, followed by the time change....blah! I'm tired and I didn't get up until 8 AM. It must be partly in my head.

Nothing much going on here. DD and DS came for lunch. Dh and I are going to oldest DDs this evening. It will be good to see the grandkids.

I'm working on a knitted dishcloth at the moment. It's half done. Of course, in the background are a dozen or so other WIPs as well.

Have a great day, ladies.

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds so nice!  Seeing all of your DDs at once must be so special.   Happy Birthday to Robbie!

Judy ~ Yes, our "children" are off schedule, too.  Sarah said both boys wanted lunch at 10:30 this morning. Lol

Cindy ~ I'm so glad you had a relaxing vacation!  And seeing all of your kids and grandchildren sounds like a great day.

I know I sound like a broken record...DH has another dr. appt. in the morning.  But I will have my trusty crochet bag with me!  Scarves are easy to work on in waiting rooms. :yes  Sue loved the cowls I made for her Christmas present and has asked for other colors in sports weight yarn for early Spring.  :) 

Good morning. It's gloomy and rainy here today. All that dust that was bothering me on Saturday barely shows today!

I've had a very productive morning so far. I have bread rising, 2nd load of laundry in the washer, plus I folded and put away all of the vacation laundry. (I always hang my laundry on lines in my basement,). I'm not sure why I bought a new dryer when I replaced my washer a few weeks ago. My old dryer probably hadn't been used for 100 hours, of course that matching set looks pretty nice in my laundry room! I suppose I ought to think of something for dinner before too long.

Mary, look at it this way....at least your dh gets to go out a lot! :)

The time change has my internal clock confused. I couldn't get to sleep last night and had to force myself to get up at 8:30 this morning. I'm glad I don't have to work until Saturday.

Well, best get back to my to-do list before I lose my get up and go. Have a great day, ladies.

Hi House. :)

Cindy ~ Enjoy the rest of your vacation time!  Yep, this time change seems to affect so many people...and pets!  Do you have any special plans for the rest of the week?

It was 88* here yesterday!  It's supposed to be back in the 50s and 60s in a couple days, thank goodness.

DH's appt. went well.  They will be able to do both procedures while he's in surgery next week, so that is good news.

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Mary, It's been hot here. To hot for me, but not hot enough to send me home yet. That's good it works out for DH to have both surgeries together. I had a double surgery once. They took out my gallbladder and half of my thyroid. I was lucky enough to have the same doctor do both. But it was four hours for surgery. Talk about being in a foggy from it. It was bad and seem to last a long time.

Cindy, The time change only effected me the first day. I slept until 8:40 and I rarely sleep until 7. Your vacation sounded like a nice time. 

Joanne, Happy birthday to Robbie! It's always nice having the family together.

Judy, The time change hasn't effected Daisy. She sleeps late every day. She like to go to bed at 8pm and gets up at 8am or later. I wish they would leave the time change alone. 

Hubby has had a sinus thing going on for a few days and now I have it. I hope it don't last long. I have all the bunny parts crocheted, now I just have to put the face on and sew them together. Our granddaughter Karli had her baby friday evening. A boy Logan Robert (both of her grandpas are Robert).  The entertainment committee here is having a game day this afternoon then a golf cart parade. I'm decorating are golf cart in red, white and blue. Then they are having a hot dog lunch. 

Thursday we are fixing the traditional corn beef dinner. Hope everyone has a nice week!

Good morning. Still chilly and gloomy here. I couldn't sleep last night so I'm really dragging. Hopefully I will have a productive day despite the lack of sleep. I got a lot done yesterday, but there is still plenty to do!

Oldest DD offered to come over and help me spring clean, but I told her I'd rather have help with yard cleanup. I'm going to help her with her spring cleaning tomorrow though. She needs help more than I do, since she has six children.

Marlene, your Texas home is so busy that you will have to come home to get some rest! Hope you feel better soon. I've had a runny nose since yesterday, but it only runs when I'm awake and I don't have any other symptoms. I feel fine.

Congrats on the new great grandchild! And I guess I'm starting to get used to the time change bi like that it's light later in the evenings, since I try not to drive in the dark.

Mary, it's good that they will do both surgeries together. Recovery might take a bit longer, but it will probably be easier on DH than getting anesthesia twice.

Well, off to tackle my chores. Have a good day, my friends.

Hi peeps.

Not much new here. I'm attaching the granny squares using the slip stitch. Once I finish that part of it I'll look at the book of edgings I have and see if I can find a girly pattern that's easy.

Have a good day my friends.

Archived