Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good evening ladies. Work was fine today. Kind of quiet until the last hour or so of my shift. Just a quick meeting tomorrow and then I'm off until the weekend.

Judy, congrats on finishing the babyghan. I'm not so sure Sophie missed us much while we were gone. Both DDs spent time with her.

Lee Ann, you've been busy. Nice afghan. Congrats to your DD.

Sad news here...for the past three or four years a pair of bluebirds has been nesting in a dead limb in our birch tree. Despite our efforts to preserve that limb by tying it to the live part of the tree, it fell today and broke into three pieces. The blue birds are very upset and are chirping away in the tree. There were three dead babies on the ground. Sophie found them and was sitting next to them as if she was guarding them. I've really enjoyed watching those birds raise their babies. I hope they find a new place to nest in our yard.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reading everything and keeping up with your news...and will post more tomorrow!  We barely got home and DD and the boys came over and now it's time to cook!

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

30 by 32 inches, embellishments added to the original pattern. The border is #27 from Edie Eckman's book.

post-8552-0-22566400-1467156318_thumb.jpg

Hi peeps.

LeeAnn, great work - I like non traditional baby ghans! 

Cindy, yes, I'm sure DDs spoiled Sophie! It sounds like your schedule at work is a good one - perfect for easing back into reality. And those poor birds - even the littlest creatures mourn their losses. I would feel awful seeing that. From how you've described your home and surroundings I'm sure the birds will find another place to nest.

We've seen lots of fledglings around here, especially since we have a couple of birdbaths, lots of safe cover and I also put out bread and nuts at the back of our property for all the critters who show up. It's too funny watching 4 finches perched on the edge of the birdbath - obviously a family - as two of the birds flutter their wings till the parents try to put a drop of water in their beaks!

Mary, it sounds like you had a full day.

I spent a little time getting my yarn and pattern ready for the bald eagle ghan. I just need to get some light grey heather and I'm set. It's really an easy pattern and the choice of doing it by following a list of colors and row numbers, the first way I ever made these, as well the chart option, makes it even easier.

But no hook time today. My other brother called yesterday and he and his wife are slowly making their way back home to RI from their tour south of us visiting family and will be by today! He's 2 years younger than me and we haven't seen each other in years. Our family keeps in touch but we are notorious when it comes to actually getting together.

Looking forward to relaxing soon...lol! 

Have a good day my friends!

Good morning. It's a nice cool, sunny morning out there. I have to go into work for my annual review. My boss offered to do it yesterday while I was at work, but I need to be there for another meeting today anyhow. I expect it to be the usual, (go back to school, join a few more committees). No thanks to both...but they have to say something. After that I will run errands and just maybe I will get to the laundry when I get home.

The bluebirds are still here at least. They are busy pecking at the windows, as usual. We think they are attacking their reflections because they do that on and off, all day long, either to the house or the car windows.

Judy, your afghan turned out great. My family doesn't get together often, but we do see each other more than every two years! We try to get together for Christmas, in the summer (I missed that one this year), and we try to do a girls getaway every summer.

I'd best get moving. Have a great day ladies.

Good afternoon House!

Judy-your graph ghan is spectacular!  I love love love it!  The border is fabulous too!

Cindy-I bet you love living out in the country? We live 10  miles out of town and I do LOVE it!  I like having somewhere peaceful and quiet to go home to.

Hello to the rest of the house!  Been busy re-arranging and packaging orders.  Going to work for a bit on Etsy listings, but plan on taking my time as I ran like a chicken this morning.

Hugs and warmest of wishes!

Hi, peeps!

Thanks for the comments on the ghan! I did have to play with the aging, to include going down a hook size, but the office staff and the vet fell in love with the blanket, including lots of great reaction to the border. The baby's room in purple - which I didn't know ahead of time...

We had a fantastic visit with my brother and Sister in law! Now that he's retired and their DD and Son in Law live in Philadelphia we told them to be sure and make a detour our way again. They visit them at least a couple of times a year. There was never a lull in the conversation. SIL is an artist, and among other things she fires her own pottery creations. She gave me a beautiful piece! When she was looking at my pics of blankets on my phone she fell in love with my multicolor scrap granny ghan - so I gave it to her. I love doing that!

Have a great day my friends!

I forgot to mention that I finally updated my blog. You all have probably seen everything, but I just wanted to mention it.

Good Morning!  How can it be Thursday already? Lol

Judy ~ The graph 'ghan for your vet is absolutely adorable!  Your work is amazing. :yes   And I love the Sherlock doll on Ravelry!

Cindy ~ Oh, it's always so sad when the baby creatures don't make it.  We used to see more blue birds, but so much of the ranch land near us is now homes or under construction they have probably moved further away.

LeeAnn ~ Your baby afghan is precious.  And the yarn soaps are too cute!  I'm glad the kids are doing well - summer will be over before we know it!

Marlene ~ It sounds like Maya is keeping you busy. ;)  Growing up in Iowa, I remember how cold the pools and lakes were even in the summer. Taking swimming lessons in June was like jumping into ice water. Lol

Joanne ~ I hope you can have another mini vacation this weekend!  Good for you for taking some "me" time. :)

DH has another appt. today.  I am so tired of this heat and driving everywhere...think it's just the summer doldrums.  Sue and Josie (sisters) want the three of us to meet somewhere for a few days, but that's really not an option for me.  DH would need someone here and he won't agree to that! 

Off to get dressed.  Have a wonderful day, friends. :manyheart

HI ladies. I slept until 10 AM this morning. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the clock. I guess I was even more tired than I thought. I was dragging yesterday afternoon, but I thought it was not enough caffeine!

Yesterday I started a crazy quilt with my mother in laws fabric stash. You never saw so much ugly fabric all together in one place before! I figured I can give it to DD and they can use it for a picnic blanket, (that is if it ever gets finished!). Otherwise it can go in the camper.

Mary, could dh manage alone overnight? Maybe a one day get away would work. Is it his vision?

Judy, it's good to hear that your visit with your brother and his wife was great.

Well, I'm off to do a few household tasks. Those never seem to end, do they?

Hi, peeps!

Cindy - wow - that was some deep sleep! Your body needed it, for sure.

Mary - not loving the Texas summers plus all the extra driving you do - that's a real bear. The menfolk can be stubborn, I know. Maybe you can just do something for part of a day - just for you. Something you would have to drag DH to if you were out together. You need to give yourself some love.

Off to AC Moore later on: exchange a Caron Pounder for another color, buy another Pounder, and also need some grey heather for part of the eagle blankie. I'm still coming out ahead - lots of leftovers from Polar Bear ghan for me to play with for other projects.

Have a good day my friends,

*Row 6/150 on Mr. Eagle*

Hi everyone. :)

Cindy ~ Your description of the fabric had me laughing! ;)  I made a few quilts - all quilted by hand.  I have at least one ready to assemble from about 11 or 12 years ago. :rolleyes

Judy ~ I hope you found the yarn you needed.  We don't have AC Moore stores here, but I would love to see one!

We stayed with boys today and just got home an hour ago.  They played in the sprinklers and had squirt gun fights...next time Grammy will take a change of clothes. Lol 

What's everyone doing for the weekend?  Have a good evening! :manyheart

Good evening ladies. Nice quiet day here, which is a good thing because my back is really bothering me. I have to work tomorrow, so I hope it straightens out overnight. I didn't do anything to start it up, so I'm assuming it was my sleeping position.

I'm working tomorrow and Sunday. Not sure what Monday will bring. A few minutes ago one of DH's clients who lives on the lake that is about 1/4 mile away, stopped by and invited us over on Monday evening for the fireworks over the lake. He says its not busy since there is no public access to the lake. I'm not sure if we will go though, I don't know them at all, and Dh doesn't know him that well. I think we might have our grandkids here that evening, although I'm not sure they will stay all that late.

Have a great weekend, ladies.

Morning peeps!

After severe T/storms yesterday we woke to sunny skies and less humidity. Yay!

I did find my yarn yesterday -- AC Moore is always well stocked! And I only spent 9 dollars, with the credit for the one I never used and a 6 dollar sale on what's normally just under 10. Color me happy!

Cindy - sleeping in a weird position can really do a  job on us! I hope your back works itself out.

We're not doing much this weekend. Heading to Delicious Orchards early today for good fruits and veggies...and maybe something wicked ;)

Have a great one, my friends.

Good morning. I'm on call for work. It's nice to have an hour to sit around and drink coffee. It sounded like they would need me eventually. There was a bed opening up and no nurse to admit to it.

It's been quite chilly here in the evenings. Last night was down to 50. I think that kept our neighbors from setting off fireworks late. I didn't hear anything after about 9:30, although things were pretty loud before that. Luckily,mfireworks don't bother our dog.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do while waiting to get called in. Maybe some more on the crazy quilt.

Have a great day, ladies.

ETA: forgot to say that my back seems much better....

Cindy, lucky Sophie isn't upset by them - none of our girls were.. Just the big boys! Last night's T/storms were hard on Sparkie. He was hyperventilating and hiding underneath the kitchen counter, behind the bar stools!

Glad you're back is ok!

Later, gators

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ Poor Sparkie. :(   Gracie goes into panic mode with the storms or fireworks.  You did good at AC Moore!  I hope you found lots of goodies at the market today.

Cindy ~ Did you get called in to work? Either way, I hope you've had a good day. :yes

I took some "me" time today.  Even if it was just to run errands like Petsmart and Krogers, it felt good.  I did work in a stop at Joanns and used a gift card to get some yarn. :)

Time to clean up dinner dishes ~ Have a good evening, all. ♥♥♥

Good morning

H

Yesterday I went to DDs and watched Charlie while dd took the boys to swim lessons. When they got back I headed to a bar b q at a friends house (former boss who retired) and we had a good time catching up with some former co workers who are also good friends. There are some who still work with me and it was so good to be with those that no longer do. We were a great group and I miss working with them. Today I'm heading back to DDs. My other de came down to her sisters with Jali and spent the night. My SIL and I are going to watch the boys while they go get pedicures.

I left the knit blanket for Jali and de texted that she loves it. Now DD wants one for Charlie so guess what my next project is ??

Have a great day

Hi Ladies,

I'll do some catching up later or in a few days. I'm laying a hospital bed for a few days. God is with or otherwise I wouldn't be here. Early last week when I slept on left side I could feel a heaviness in my chest. But not when on my back or right side. I thought maybe it was my lungs but unsure why. I had some breathing problems Thursday and called the doctor. I talked to the nurse and she asked lots of questions. Told me I should go to urgent care and definitely if things got worse. We met DD and baby G so Maya could go home for 5 days while mom is on vacation. Friday we went to MELAINE and Brian's for the weekend. I was up twice to potty during the night and was woken during the night almost in a light pant. I finally told hubby I was having problems breathing. He asked do we need to call an ambulance and I said no. Do you want to go to the hospital down there and I said no. If they kept me I would be down there. So we packed up, I showered and I drove to Lansing (yes I said I drove) us to the hospital. The breathing got better and the chest pain was lightening up. They got me right in and things went quickly. They did an ekg and it wasn't good. They were going to take for a lung X-ray but I never got there. My bp was 150/110 and my pulse was 140. The cardiac Doctor came in and said you need a heart catherization. While being prepped for that, getting iv's put in (2), blood taken my heart rate shot up to 340. They coded for me and I had 10 people looking after me. They said I was having a heart attack and lucky I got here when I did. I told them no mater what it took you keep me alive. I told hubby to call the kids and a couple of nurses helped him. Everyone kept asking me are you ok? Do you have any pain. I said I'm okay and don't know why you guys are in a panic. I didn't know my heart rate was 340. The heart cath showed things were good, but I have weak muscles. The doctor feels the virus I had on Father's Day weekend effected my heart. I'm on diuretics, and a couple other media for the heart. I've had another ekg and it was better. My heart rate is still 130. I'm in good hands and not going to worry about things. I prayed about things when things went crazy and God listened. I told a few I didn't see anyone calling me to come be with them so I knew I would be okay. All my family was here for support to. Keep me in your prayers while I learn to change some eating habits. And they get things under control. I told my many nurses I am the one who takes care of everyone else so I don't have time to be sick.

CIndy I see what you do at your job everyday. Thank you for doing what you do to make someone else's life a little easier and helping the family to be at ease. The staff I have had to day are awesome!

I love each and everyone of you ladies. I'm so grateful for this group. I hope you have a great week!

Wow marlene! Definitely you are in my prayers and it sure seems like you are gettimg womderful care!!!! Positive thoughts for you my friend!!

Happy 4th!!! We have a bar b que to go to this afternoon. Yesterday was fun but a little challenging. Lol. My DDs went for pedicures and i watched all 4 grandsons. My son in law was outside painting the deck. When charlie and jali decided they should cry and want to be held at the same time is when it was interesting. Lol. At least my daughters enjoyed their sister-sister time !

We spent the rest of the day together,, mostly outside and went for a nice walk with the boys.

Hugs to all!

Oh, Marlene!!! I totally identify with you - we care for everyone else and have no time to be out of commission! You are me 10 months ago - I kept saying my upper back and shoulder pain was muscle pain....yeah, right. Heart muscle! I agree with you about the nurses on cardiac - they are at the best! So calm, and so caring....

Changing eating habits is very hard, but you have a big family who needs you, so you will be able to do it!

God isn't finished with either of us yet, my friend.  :manyheart  :hug  :manyheart

Cleaning day today - our Monday, regardless of "holiday" - the house must be defurred!

Good morning
H
Yesterday I went to DDs and watched Charlie while dd took the boys to swim lessons. When they got back I headed to a bar b q at a friends house (former boss who retired) and we had a good time catching up with some former co workers who are also good friends. There are some who still work with me and it was so good to be with those that no longer do. We were a great group and I miss working with them. Today I'm heading back to DDs. My other de came down to her sisters with Jali and spent the night. My SIL and I are going to watch the boys while they go get pedicures.
I left the knit blanket for Jali and de texted that she loves it. Now DD wants one for Charlie so guess what my next project is ??Did you post a link for that blanket? When Mr.Eagle gets done I'll be heading to Moore Yarn for help getting my knitting started again.
Have a great day

Wow marlene! Definitely you are in my prayers and it sure seems like you are gettimg womderful care!!!! Positive thoughts for you my friend!!

Happy 4th!!! We have a bar b que to go to this afternoon. Yesterday was fun but a little challenging. Lol. My DDs went for pedicures and i watched all 4 grandsons. My son in law was outside painting the deck. When charlie and jali decided they should cry and want to be held at the same time is when it was interesting. Lol. You are a grandma "interesting" :rofl  :rofl  :rofl At least my daughters enjoyed their sister-sister time !

We spent the rest of the day together,, mostly outside and went for a nice walk with the boys.

Hugs to all!

Archived