Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Well, my day off didn't last very long. I got called in at 7:15. I had a busy day, but not crazy.busy is good

Marlene, hope they get that medication regulated so that you can go home this weekend.

It's pouring here....and the rain is very welcome. It's been so dry. Unfortunately my huge Annabelle hydrangea is all flattened out from the wind and rain. Hopefully it straightens out a bit.fingers crossed on that. My petunias have weathered some rough storms already - DH thought they were dead they looked so flattened.

Judy, our forecast has a couple of nights in the 50s this weekend. That's pretty brisk for July!

I can't wait for those cool nights.  It'll be great being able to open the windows again,

Have a good day my friends.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.  The tragedy in Dallas kept me up most of the night.  Every time something like this happens in our country, I put the flag out because I don't know what else to do.  I love this country and admire our police, firemen and all of those who serve our country. This has got to stop!  Prayers for all the officers and their families. :(

Marlene ~ I hope you'll get to go home soon! 

Be back later...DH has a 9:30 appt. and if we don't get going, we'll be late.

Mary, we found out soon after it happened....woke up and put on the radio about midnight because we couldn't sleep. We were devastated, remembering the two NYC cops who were ambushed and killed over a year ago. DH may be retired, but once a LEO, always a LEO.

Coincidentally, yesterday we received a flag we had ordered, representing support for Police officers, and called the thin blue line. We put it out this morning.

post-8552-0-82360200-1467994310_thumb.jpg

Nice flag, Judy!

I'm so weary of all this violence. Why can't we all juat get along and spread love???

Marlene, hope u are doing well.

I'm off to listen to music and finish up the large granny i made for my coworkers son. I'm on to the border now!!! Then I'll finish another I have on the hook. Not sure who it will be for. And then I have to start the knit blanket for Charlie. I never made it to the LYS yet to get the yarn for it so spent the evenings working on the granny blankets.

Have a good night all. Pray for peace !

Judy ~ That is a wonderful flag. :)  Coming home today we noticed that over half our neighbors had their flags flying (both US and Texas.)  Our small city adjoining Fort Worth had all the flags at half mast.  Your hubby and you must be especially emotional every time something like this happens. :manyheart

Joanne ~ I agree...we all need to pray for peace!  You have accomplished a lot!  Luke and Zach still sleep with  the quilt 'ghans I made when they were babies.  It's time for me to make them each a "big boy" blanket.

Marlene ~ Sending more hugs your way. :hug

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Our heat index has been around 105* to 107* lately.  July in Texas!

Have a good evening, everyone. :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Nice flag! Hugs my friend for you and hubby.

Joanne, It's becoming a sad scary world we live in today. It's scary what are grandkids will see as they grow up. We as a whole need to pray for peace.

LeeAnn, I'm glad they have internet here at the hospital so I can keep in touch.

Mary, My thoughts were with you when I heard about the shootings. I hope your not to close to all of this.

Today the Doctor increased my water pill (doubled it). My oxygen drops just getting up to use the bathroom down into the 80's. So he said if we take more fluid off your breathing may increase. If I get dehydrated after I get home we will cut it back. Today I got up and walked the square. The first time I stayed good, the rest of them I was in the 80's. The doctor said I will probably go home with oxygen temporary. Hopefully tomorrow is the day. I am so ready to get it. I realize it's good to be here to try new meds. But it's getting hard when I feel good.

Today was are 20th anniversary. Hubby sit here with me all day.

I hope everyone has a safe weekend.

Hi Marlene!  Happy Anniversary. :manyheart   I'm so sorry that you are going through so much...but I'm glad you're in good hands. Okay, I'll start my mama bear routine now...don't overdo when they let you go home. ;)  We love you and hope you are much better soon. :hug

We'll be staying with Luke and Zach part of the day tomorrow while DD and Sil meet with their builder again.  Zach is now 3½ and is telling everyone that he has a little brother. (Luke is 6)  Lol

'Nite, all.

Marlene , i will second what mary said, please dont overdo it when you get home!!!! Sorry you had to spend your anniversary at the hospital, but so nice your DH spent the day with you

I finished the blanket for my co workers son.....all i have to do is wash it and give it to her on monday

post-27163-0-82927900-1468030000_thumb.jpg

morning, my friends.

Nice flag, Judy!Thanks....

I'm so weary of all this violence. Why can't we all juat get along and spread love???It takes two sides....

Marlene, hope u are doing well.

I'm off to listen to music and finish up the large granny i made for my coworkers son. I'm on to the border now!!! Then I'll finish another I have on the hook. Not sure who it will be for. And then I have to start the knit blanket for Charlie. I never made it to the LYS yet to get the yarn for it so spent the evenings working on the granny blankets.

Have a good night all. Pray for peace !

I went to Moore yarns yesterday and left Flo with a big bag of ghans for Blankie Depot. We talked knitting too - and of course I left with a beautiful skien of self striping Merino wool for a crocheted scarf for me....will match my winter coat perfectly. I just need to dig out my E or even a D hook...

Judy ~ That is a wonderful flag. :)  Coming home today we noticed that over half our neighbors had their flags flying (both US and Texas.)  Our small city adjoining Fort Worth had all the flags at half mast.  Your hubby and you must be especially emotional every time something like this happens. :manyheart    ​We get extremely upset...and there have been 4 more cops shot over the last two days: Tennessee, Georgia and Ballwin, Mo - close to where we used to live when DS was a baby.

Joanne ~ I agree...we all need to pray for peace!  You have accomplished a lot!  Luke and Zach still sleep with  the quilt 'ghans I made when they were babies.  It's time for me to make them each a "big boy" blanket.

Marlene ~ Sending more hugs your way. :hug

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Our heat index has been around 105* to 107* lately.  July in Texas!Blech,

Have a good evening, everyone. :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Nice flag! Hugs my friend for you and hubby.Thank you sweetie - and hugs back at you....

Joanne, It's becoming a sad scary world we live in today. It's scary what are grandkids will see as they grow up. We as a whole need to pray for peace.

LeeAnn, I'm glad they have internet here at the hospital so I can keep in touch.

Mary, My thoughts were with you when I heard about the shootings. I hope your not to close to all of this.

Today the Doctor increased my water pill (doubled it). My oxygen drops just getting up to use the bathroom down into the 80's. So he said if we take more fluid off your breathing may increase. If I get dehydrated after I get home we will cut it back. Today I got up and walked the square. The first time I stayed good, the rest of them I was in the 80's. The doctor said I will probably go home with oxygen temporary. Hopefully tomorrow is the day. I am so ready to get it. I realize it's good to be here to try new meds. But it's getting hard when I feel good.
Today was are 20th anniversary. Hubby sit here with me all day.aw, he's sweet.  May you have many many more! They get so frightened seeing us so sick....
I hope everyone has a safe weekend.

Hi Marlene!  Happy Anniversary. :manyheart   I'm so sorry that you are going through so much...but I'm glad you're in good hands. Okay, I'll start my mama bear routine now...don't overdo when they let you go home. ;)  We love you and hope you are much better soon. :hug

We'll be staying with Luke and Zach part of the day tomorrow while DD and Sil meet with their builder again.  Zach is now 3½ and is telling everyone that he has a little brother. (Luke is 6)  Lol

'Nite, all.

Little ones are so cute.

Our friends, the retired NYC cops, are coming for a visit today. It'll cheer up a rainy day!

Have a great weekend my friends,

Marlene , i will second what mary said, please dont overdo it when you get home!!!! Sorry you had to spend your anniversary at the hospital, but so nice your DH spent the day with you

I finished the blanket for my co workers son.....all i have to do is wash it and give it to her on monday

Good morning, ladies. I'm really dragging again today. I slept well, but yesterday was a zoo at work, and I was exhausted when I got home. We should have gone to visit mil, but I just didn't feel like making the effort. Maybe today.

The Texas happenings...well, it just boggles the mind. So much senseless hate and violence. It's not something that I can understand. I have several co-workers whose spouses or children are in law enforcement, as well as a nephew.

Marlene, I echo the others...follow the Drs instructions and don't overdo. Happy anniversary too.

Joanne, that's a very nice looking blanket.

Mary,me joy your time with the boys.

Judy, enjoy the visit with your friends.

It's breezy and just nicely warm here today. My plan is to hang out on the front porch and read. When it gets too hot, I will retreat to the basement and sew or crochet. I think we're going out for dinner, so I'm really taking the day off!

Have a great day, friends.

Joanne ~ Another gorgeous afghan!  I really like the colors you used. :)

Judy ~ Enjoy your visit with friends. :yes

We're about to leave for DD's.  Have a wonderful day, everyone! :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

I'm going home. I will follow doctors orders. They are to take my prescriptions. Allow about 3 months for my heart to heal. My nurse today is awesome. Going home with oxygen. Not for 24 use but when I need it. I'm down 10 lbs today. That's a lot of fluid, I think. It sounds like it. I'm not a salt user so I don't have to kick that habit. Watch my labels, eat more fruit and veggies. We eat quite a bit of venison and less beef. I'm not much of a snacker. I will need to walk more. My foot is finally started to feel like it is healing. I'll catch everyone later. Have a good weekend.

So happy to hear you are going home,Marlene!!! Take it easy!!!

Went to the LYS today and they didn't have the color of Berocco comfort yarn that I needed. DDS said she wanted the same color blanket like I made for Jali. They are ordering it and I should have it in a few days. I'll continue on the granny ghan while I wait. I also have to seriously decide what afghan I'm going to make for my niece. I'm thinking a ripple. A friend from craft club made a few ripples with homespun for wedding gifts and they can out nice. I have homespun in my stash. I know my niece said she likes red black gold white. I know I have red and am thinking I'll use a charcoal gray instead of black. I'll go stash shopping in my bins tomorrow

Have a good evening everyone!

Marlene, I hope your first night home when ok. So glad you were able to get back home! And it sounds like you're going to be a good patient :manyheart

Joanne, It's fun stash shopping - I hope you were able t use up some of it. That's what I did the other day - when I don't want to stay upstairs working on Mr. Eagle for too long I have another JAYG stash blanket going - this time in boy/man colors. I realized as I was searching that most of my stash is geared toward girls or young kids. :P

Have a good one, my friends,

Good Morning!  I am totally off this morning...I woke up thinking it was Monday. :)

Cindy ~ Your plans for yesterday sound great!  Taking some time for yourself is a good thing. :yes

Judy ~ My stash seems to be growing way too fast.  If only I could crochet as fast as I can buy yarn. :lol  Your last jayg was wonderful and I know this one will be, too.

Joanne ~ Homespun and I don't get along, but I love the way it looks!  The colors always look so pretty.  It sounds like you have a lot of projects lined up!

Marlene ~ I hope you're feeling okay - just being home must feel good!  :hug   Good news about your foot pain...maybe being forced to stay off of it more has helped.?

LeeAnn ~ 'Hope all is well!

We got home about 4 yesterday.  Our downstairs ac was not working - the one we had replaced 2 years ago.  Our amazing ac guy was here by 7 and found a minor issue.  All fixed!  The upstairs has its own ac and furnace, so we assumed we'd just sleep upstairs, never dreaming he would come last night.

I've been on a roll this morning and have actually dusted and vacuumed the downstairs.  Crochet time later!

Mary, Glad the ac is fixed....and so quickly!!!! Hope you get some crochet time in! Im glad it is NOT Monday, because that means i would be at work. Lol. Went grocery shopping early this am and we are having a relaxing day. I have been reading and then i decided to color for a bit! Now its crochet time!!!

Next weekend will be busy, so taking it easy this weekend. DD will be arriving from Boston Friday night and then Saturday is the party for Ryan's 5 th birthday Cant wait to see he and all three girls together. She is very excited to meet her nephew, Jali!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

morning peeps.

Mary - as our AC churns and churns we are so thankful for it! We grew up without AC, so know the difference! You must have greeted that repairman with such a smile! :yay

Joanne, you are so blessed with your daughters and grands.... :manyheart

My jayg ghan is blues, sage, aruba sea and soft white...and I'm weaving ends as I go - which is what I did with Mr. Eagle the other day.

Hi, Cindy, Marlene, LeeAnn and everyone lurking! Have a good day.

Hi ladies. Another busy day at work. Nice patients though. I work tomorrow as well.

We got just enough rain today to make it very sticky and uncomfortable outside. I'm glad for A/C too!

Marlene,mhope all is going well for you at home.

Here are a few of my ugly fabric crazy quilt squares.

post-6189-0-32406500-1468277743_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Those are nice looking quilt squares.

Mary, Glad your AC man could come so quickly.

Joanne, I like the looks of homespun yarn, but have never made anything with it.

Judy, I like to see my ends in to. Can't wait to see your new project.

After I was finally discharged we went for my prescriptions then to diner for our anniversary at my favorite restaurant. I had to buy five of one of my pills and hopefully tomorrow they have the insurance approval for me to pick them and get my money back. I was really surprised how little my co pay was for the ones I did get. I thought this is going to cost us a small fortune since I was sent home with five prescriptions.

We had my family reunion yesterday. The baby didn't feel to well. He has two teeth coming in. He slept in his stroller. When we got home he and I took a nap together. Today he was feeling a little better. He has gone home now. I sure will miss him. I love taking care of him.

I tire easily, so I pace myself to do what I need or want to do. Resting long periods in between anything. I have a follow up appt Thursday afternoon with the cardiac Doctor.

Take care everyone. Have a great week!

Judy ~ Weaving in ends is what I did today, too!  Two per row and I'm at 19 rows on the vintage stripe 'ghan.  It really is sort of relaxing, as long as I prepare myself ahead of time. ;)

Cindy ~ I think you know me by now...that fabric is truly ugly. :lol  I looked at each and every piece and thought of my MIL.  She bought fabric all the time and loved to make pillows.  I tried to remember to put some of the pillows out when she was at our house.  She always asked about the pillows if I didn't have them out.  ;) 

Marlene ~ Thinking of you!  I hope you're getting plenty of rest. :hug

DD has her first mammogram tomorrow and I'll stay with the boys.  Then DH has an appt. at 2, so it will be another "on the road" day. 

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

Marlene ~ I just missed your post.  I'm so glad you're doing okay and resting when you need to. :hug   Poor little Baby G - teething is always so hard for the little ones.  Thank you for giving us updates...I think about you every day. :)

Morning peeps.

Cindy, you sew beautifully! I get too impatient and sew only when necessary. It's much easier to frog crocheting! :lol

Marlene, yes, unless you have generic prescriptions or a terrific prescription plan it's a painful experience to pay for them. And I remember how tired I was when I came home from the hospital - to just takes time and lists of healthy eating. Each day will get better - and naps are part of it. :hug

Mary, take care today. :manyheart

Mr.Eagle: 19/150

I'm on fire!

Cindy ~ I think you know me by now...that fabric is truly ugly. :lol  I looked at each and every piece and thought of my MIL.  She bought fabric all the time and loved to make pillows.  I tried to remember to put some of the pillows out when she was at our house.  She always asked about the pillows if I didn't have them out.  ;) 

Just you wait...I haven't gotten to the bottom of the box yet! Lots more ugly fabric coming up!

Archived