Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Another very busy day at work today. I'm off until Friday.

Judy, I like to sew, but I agree that it's a lot easier to frog crocheting! It's also a lot more portable. I'm trying hard to reduce all my stashes. Fabric, yarn, embroidery and cross stitch stuff, card making supplies, jewelry making supplies, etc. That's the reason for the ugly fabric quilt! It's also kind of fun to use up the scraps. (DH checking out the quilt squares: "what possessed her to save this ugly stuff?). It all looks even worse when you see a whole box full of it!

Marlene, sounds like you have been pretty active since you got home. I'm glad you are pacing yourself.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

That will be an interesting quilt, Cindy!!! Have fun with it. Enjoy your days off work!

Wtg on the eagle graphghan, Judy!!

Marlene. Keep pacing yourself. Appreciate the updates. I think Charlie is starting to teethe too Lots of drooling. Lol

Mary. I do ends as i go too. They are way less painful that way!!! I've made good progress on the large granny and will probably be starting the border tonight. Everyone at craft club agreed it was big enough

Going to sit outside for a bit. Its lovely now. Humidity is due to return tomorrow :-(

Morning peeps.

Cindy, you sew beautifully! I get too impatient and sew only when necessary. It's much easier to frog crocheting! :lol

Marlene, yes, unless you have generic prescriptions or a terrific prescription plan it's a painful experience to pay for them. And I remember how tired I was when I came home from the hospital - to just takes time and lists of healthy eating. Each day will get better - and naps are part of it. :hug

Mary, take care today. :manyheart

Mr.Eagle: 19/150

I'm on fire!

You are on fire!  I bet it's going to be gorgeous!

Just you wait...I haven't gotten to the bottom of the box yet! Lots more ugly fabric coming up!

Oh dear...how big is this box? :lol  And just in case you're thinking of making pillows, I have plenty. ;)

Hi all

That will be an interesting quilt, Cindy!!! Have fun with it. Enjoy your days off work!

Wtg on the eagle graphghan, Judy!!

Marlene. Keep pacing yourself. Appreciate the updates. I think Charlie is starting to teethe too Lots of drooling. Lol

Mary. I do ends as i go too. They are way less painful that way!!! I've made good progress on the large granny and will probably be starting the border tonight. Everyone at craft club agreed it was big enough

Going to sit outside for a bit. Its lovely now. Humidity is due to return tomorrow :-(

You crochet so fast!  I'm so glad you're able to enjoy your outside space. :yes

Today was a really long day, so I'm about to go crawl in bed. :)   Gracie is my little "mop dog" so she's going to the groomers tomorrow...other than that, I plan on being here all day.  Yay!  Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Hi peeps.

As Joanne said: humidity is back. Blech. Even DH lowered the thermostat this AM so the AC would trip back on! :yay  

Joanne, unless you've changed your habits, being highly caffeinated helps your crochet production line move fast!

Cindy, enjoy your days off. I also have x st and embroidery stuff laying around - haven't felt the urge to work on them yet - just  feel guilty because I haven't worked on them in years now!

Mary, enjoy your day at home! Stay cool.

Worked a few rows on Mr.Eagle yesterday and more on the JAYG blankie too, as I finished up some laundry.

Hi, LeeAnn, Marlene and everyone!

Have a great day my friends.

Good morning. It's not too bad outside at the moment, but the humidity is building. We had heavy rain overnight again. The rest of the Annabelle hydrangea is flattened from this storm.

Mary...how did you know I was going to make you pillows? :)

Nothing much planned here today, just the usual. Either Dh or I have to drive DS to the airport this afternoon. Hopefully Dh will do it, and visit his mother while he's out. Otherwise we will need to do that tonight or tomorrow. We already skipped last week.

Good morning. It's not too bad outside at the moment, but the humidity is building. We had heavy rain overnight again. The rest of the Annabelle hydrangea is flattened from this storm. Awww. Do you think it will come back??

Mary...how did you know I was going to make you pillows? :)

You're too funny!

Nothing much planned here today, just the usual. Either Dh or I have to drive DS to the airport this afternoon. Hopefully Dh will do it, and visit his mother while he's out. Otherwise we will need to do that tonight or tomorrow. We already skipped last week.

The humidity is bad here, and we just had a strong rain storm. I've figured out what to do with my wild mane of hair: it's up in a skin tight bun - barely - but I managed to scrape it all off my face. :D

Lol Judy!!! Yes, i am highly caffeinated. I have a cup as soon as i come home from work. Then thats it for the rest of the night. The downpour happened just as I was leaving work of course!! I got a tad wet walking to my car. The umbrella was somewhat useless and there were puddles everywhere. Glad to be inside now with the ac on. We have it on a timer so its not kicking on to much during the day when we are not here

Cindy. Hope your dh took your son to the airport and visited his mom.

Mary hope you had a relaxing day

Leeann thinking of you. How is celine doing at americorp camp? And cristopher ? Hope you and dh are enjoying the temporary empty nest

Marlene. Sending healing thoughts your way!!!

Off to get dinner. Something easy. Thinking left over chicken cut up and put in a salad!!

Have a good night friends !!

Morning peeps...

Joanne, the timer thing on the AC is a great idea! The air is so thick out there this morning you could cut it with a knife...

I'm meeting my goddaughter this morning at B&N - having a cuppa and just some one on one time. We'll be doing something with her mom too, before Aly heads out to Colorado. She'll be living out there for at least 6 months - with her sister and finance - and might be starting graduate school out there next year too.

Have a good one my friends....

Good morning. It's less humid here, with a nice breeze blowing.

Nothing much planned here today. I got groceries and ran errands yesterday evening, so just housework chores today. The last load of laundry is in. Vacuuming is nearly finished too. After that I will probably read or sew. I bought a lot of kindle books yesterday, so I have plenty to choose from! Or...maybe I should spend more time on my decluttering.

Dh visited his mom yesterday and got DS to the airport. Presumably he arrived safely. We heard from him when he had a layover in Chicago. He was ultimately meeting up with friends, so I'm sure someone would have heard if he didn't arrive.

Have a great day, ladies.

Hi House!  I thought I had posted yesterday, but apparently not. Lol

It sounds like summer is here for many of us!  We officially hit 100* yesterday and it's more humid than usual...not fun!

Judy ~ Oh, enjoy your time with your goddaughter!  How fun that she gets to go to Colorado. :yes

Cindy ~ I hope DS has a great trip.  Is he going overseas again?  Enjoy your day off!

Joanne ~ I'm planning chicken salad for dinner.  Anything to keep from turning on the oven!  We did a large chicken on the rotisserie a couple days ago - lots of leftovers!

Marlene ~ I hope you're doing well. :hug    Have you been to the doctor yet - I'm thinking you said today? 

We'll have the boys from tomorrow until Sat evening or Sunday.  DD is going to Tahoe for another destination wedding and SIL is in Oklahoma City until Saturday.  They are officially listing their house today.  They've had a couple low-ball offers just from word of mouth.  They've already found an apartment complex close by just in case it sells quickly.  (Their new house will be about 5 minutes from their current one.)  Oh, to have that much energy again! ;)

Better get some things done.  Luke asked if they could sleep on their air beds in the den instead of sleeping upstairs, so I need to bring things downstairs. :)

HI House!

Every day this week I have been hopping on here, reading posts but then get distracted when it's time to post.   Our kiddos are both out of the house.  Our dd took a job with AmeriCorps and is out in the field, she is to come home on Friday evenings and then back to work on Monday morning.  We were hustling to get all of her supplies ready and  get her packed.  She has to carry everything she needs in her HUGE backpack..poor gal, it weighs 32 pounds.  She's a petite little thing, it almost weighs more than her.

Our ds is at his college summer program.  We had a few days of packing and getting him settled. Dh and I have been running to and fro getting them all off.

Now that they are gone, we are taking advantage of a quiet house and working on yard work and of course the business stuff.  Product making is on the agenda for every night and morning as my shelves are looking scarce. Also have a few custom orders.  I also started working out this week after work with my sister.  It has been fun but exhausting.  It has been nice not cooking...it's terrible but cereal works for me as dinner.   :lol

Mary-sounds like another fun day with the grands!  What neat things do you all have planned?

Marlene-so glad that you are home and resting, taking it easy is the best advice, it's hard but maybe you can sit and crochet?

Joanne-your ghan is stunning!  You sure whip those up fast! wowza!  Bet you are excited to have all of your dd's and grands together.

Cindy-loved your squares, my grandma used to make crazy quilts..no rhyme or reason to them and boy oh boy were the heavy!  

Judy-your flying right thru the graph ghan, and another Join as you go? wow!

I did finish the never ending shawl but my friend stole it...she took a few pictures but they are sure dark..will try to lighten one up a bit.   It was a knit shawl..took forever to finish, so glad that it is done.

Time to get ready to close, hugs and warmest wishes to all of you! :ghug

Mary, now that it's just the two of us, I always seem to have leftovers. Today I made a very small roast, but it is still enough for two meals. Luckily we don't mind leftovers!

DS went to western Canada this time to go camping and hiking. I think they were going to be in Alberta and British Columbia.

LeeAnn ~  I love reading about your kids!  I remember being gone for a week at a time during high school to migrant camps in the summer. It was through our church and I got so attached to the kids.♥  We read to them, played games and worked in the kitchens.  No showers until I was home for the weekends. ;)  You and your hubby are such good parents.  

Cindy ~ Your Son's trip sounds great!  He sounds like a wonderful young man. :)

Our chicken salad turned into quesadillas with chicken.  Delicious!

With the boys here, I may be mia for a day or two...I hope I sleep well tonight. :lol

Morning peeps. 

Good morning. It's less humid here, with a nice breeze blowing.

Nothing much planned here today. I got groceries and ran errands yesterday evening, so just housework chores today. The last load of laundry is in. Vacuuming is nearly finished too. After that I will probably read or sew. I bought a lot of kindle books yesterday, so I have plenty to choose from! Or...maybe I should spend more time on my decluttering. What kind of books did you get?

Dh visited his mom yesterday and got DS to the airport. Presumably he arrived safely. We heard from him when he had a layover in Chicago. He was ultimately meeting up with friends, so I'm sure someone would have heard if he didn't arrive.

Our son was never good about calling either - I'm like you though: no bad news is good news...lol.

Hi House!  I thought I had posted yesterday, but apparently not. Lol

It sounds like summer is here for many of us!  We officially hit 100* yesterday and it's more humid than usual...not fun!

Judy ~ Oh, enjoy your time with your goddaughter!  How fun that she gets to go to Colorado. :yesWe had a great time catching up! I also helped her spend some B&N gift cards... :) 

Cindy ~ I hope DS has a great trip.  Is he going overseas again?  Enjoy your day off!

Joanne ~ I'm planning chicken salad for dinner.  Anything to keep from turning on the oven!  We did a large chicken on the rotisserie a couple days ago - lots of leftovers!

Marlene ~ I hope you're doing well. :hug    Have you been to the doctor yet - I'm thinking you said today? 

We'll have the boys from tomorrow until Sat evening or Sunday.  DD is going to Tahoe for another destination wedding and SIL is in Oklahoma City until Saturday.  They are officially listing their house today.  They've had a couple low-ball offers just from word of mouth.  They've already found an apartment complex close by just in case it sells quickly.  (Their new house will be about 5 minutes from their current one.)  Oh, to have that much energy again! ;)

Better get some things done.  Luke asked if they could sleep on their air beds in the den instead of sleeping upstairs, so I need to bring things downstairs. :)

Mary - I never thought of quesadillas! And I have only a vague memory of having lots of energy...lol!

LeeAnn, nothing to make dinner is a vacation, IMO. Enjoy the alone time.

Mr.Eagle progress: 22/150     The good thing about the graph being so wide is that the border won't be as big as ones I've made before.

Hi, Marlene!

Stay cool, my friends.

Hi ladies. Busy, busy, busy at work. I might be getting too old for this!

Judy, I bought 15 of the Peter Diamond mysteries by Peter Lovesey. They were the Kindle daily deal at $1.99 each. They are regularly anywhere from $7.99 to $14.99, so that was a real deal! Both hubby and I will read them. Our library only has a few of them. These are fairly traditional British mysteries, and I really like those. I also picked up a few older British mysteries. I think I bought 18 or 19 books altogether, plus 2 more yesterday. I try to buy all my books on sale, but that means that I have to grab them when I can.

LeeAnn, your children sure keep busy! Enjoy the quiet while you have it!

Mary, hope you are having fun with the boys.

Have a great evening, ladies.

Hi Ladies.  I'm home alone with the boys...they're in their own little Lego land for now. :lol   Dh is at a rosary service for a friend he's known since grade school, so I told the boys they can stay up late until Gramps gets home.  I may regret this. ;)

Judy ~ Great progress on the Eagle 'ghan!  How big will it be when finished?

Cindy ~ What a good buy on the ebooks!  I gave DD our Nook and she loves it.  DH isn't able to use it anymore and I almost never read now.  For someone who has a minor in Library Science and worked at a library it sounds odd, but I guess my reading addiction was taken over by crocheting. ;)

Hi to the rest of the House! :manyheart

Have a good evening, everyone.

Quick stop in....dd is here from boston. Yay!!! She just went to to get ready for bed. It was a long day! We r heading to dds to watch Charlie in the morning while dd takes R&R to theor swim lesson and my SIL isnsetting up formthe party. Dd is taking the 12 noon train on sunday back to boston. Cant wait to see Jali tomorrow and dd is excited to finally meet her newest nephew.

Hope you all have a great saturday!!!

Mary. I chuckled reading about your gs in legoland.......my gs get list in train land. Lol

morning peeps!

We had a gas leak scare next door to us last night. My neighbor's DH is a firefighter and was working - she has two teens and a dog home and she smelled something strong in her laundry room. In a strange coincidence - the window she opened to air out her house faces their propane fed grill out back. Well, when I agreed with her that I smelled something she called it in....fire department, gas company and everyone one showed up. Turned out she had an "explosive" situation and it took the pros over an hour with heavy duty fans to vent the house and make it safe. The gas company is now digging up the sidewalk outside and whatever else to redo the connection - I'm guessing. Dogs, needless to say, spent last night freaking out and Lucy is starting again now.  Hubby sat on our porch with the neighbor till she got the all clear while her mom came and brought the kids and dog to her house. 

Second gas scare in a week on our street!

Hi ladies. Busy, busy, busy at work. I might be getting too old for this! How long have you been a nurse?  We know  retired nurse who still does occasional volunteer work in her professional capacity just to keep busy.

Judy, I bought 15 of the Peter Diamond mysteries by Peter Lovesey. They were the Kindle daily deal at $1.99 each. They are regularly anywhere from $7.99 to $14.99, so that was a real deal! Both hubby and I will read them. Our library only has a few of them. These are fairly traditional British mysteries, and I really like those. I also picked up a few older British mysteries. I think I bought 18 or 19 books altogether, plus 2 more yesterday. I try to buy all my books on sale, but that means that I have to grab them when I can.I know what you mean - that's how my TBR pile keeps growing - Bargains! :lol 

LeeAnn, your children sure keep busy! Enjoy the quiet while you have it!

Mary, hope you are having fun with the boys.

Have a great evening, ladies.

Hi Ladies.  I'm home alone with the boys...they're in their own little Lego land for now. :lol   Dh is at a rosary service for a friend he's known since grade school, so I told the boys they can stay up late until Gramps gets home.  I may regret this. ;) Nah - you'll never regret it. They love their Grammie.

Judy ~ Great progress on the Eagle 'ghan!  How big will it be when finished?That's a good question...lol! Now that I have the width I can easily figure that out. I'll let you know!

Cindy ~ What a good buy on the ebooks!  I gave DD our Nook and she loves it.  DH isn't able to use it anymore and I almost never read now.  For someone who has a minor in Library Science and worked at a library it sounds odd, but I guess my reading addiction was taken over by crocheting. ;)

Hi to the rest of the House! :manyheart

Have a good evening, everyone.

Quick stop in....dd is here from boston. Yay!!! She just went to to get ready for bed. It was a long day! We r heading to dds to watch Charlie in the morning while dd takes R&R to theor swim lesson and my SIL isnsetting up formthe party. Dd is taking the 12 noon train on sunday back to boston. Cant wait to see Jali tomorrow and dd is excited to finally meet her newest nephew.Perfect time to meet him - that picture on FB is a million dollar shot!

Hope you all have a great saturday!!!

Mary. I chuckled reading about your gs in legoland.......my gs get list in train land. Lol

Enjoy your whirlwind day!

Off I go - have a good one everybody.

Good morning. It's downright chilly here! It's 52 degrees! Sun is shining though.

Judy, I graduated from nursing school in 1977. Except for the first couple of years, I have spent all that time working in critical care. Sounds like a scary evening for your neighbor. Hope they get the issue taken care of today.

Not sure what my plans are for today. There's always housework, but I think it's probably a good morning for yard work since it's nice and cool. We'll see what happens once I get moving.

Mary, my three oldest grandsons are Lego crazy, and, Joanne...the two youngest ones are into trains. At least those toys are hands on and require imagination. All of them enjoy video games too, but DD limits the time they can spend with those.

Joanne ~ Have a wonderful time with family!  Happy Birthday to Ryan. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Oh, 52* sounds heavenly!  It was 79 at 6 this a.m. Lol

Judy ~ The gas leaks are scary.  I hope they check all the lines in your area while they are there!  I love cooking with gas and our water heater and furnaces are gas...much less expensive than electric. Gracie would be upset with all the noise, too...but right now she's so tired from having the boys here, she probably wouldn't notice.  :lol 

SIL just texted that he really misses the boys and should be home by about 5.  Grammy is very tired, so we'll be happy to take them home. Lol  They are really good, but it's non-stop!   Of course, DD is in Tahoe, so he'll have his hands full. ;)

Have a good Saturday, everyone. ♥♥♥

Top of the morning house!

Judy-that is sure scary!  Having a major gas leak would freak me out.  So glad that it is taken care of and that no one was hurt.  Bet you are working on Mr. Eagle today?

Mary-oh your grands are just so lucky!  How fun to get to spend time with you, playing leggo's is so much fun too!  

Joanne-have a wonderful weekend with your dd's and Happy Birthday to Ryan! 

Cindy-some days I feel tired too..most days are so jam packed that I just do not feel like I am ever rested.

Dd is home for the weekend!  They dropped her off yesterday afternoon, she had so much fun! On Thursday she had hiked 8 miles, she is enjoying the outdoors and camping.  She said the work is strenuous but very rewarding.  She will be leaving once again on Monday.  She was in bed by 9:30 last night, she was exhausted. 

Ds called last night, first time that we have heard his voice since last Sunday..happy days! I picked up his dirty laundry, washed it and delivered it back to his car.  He is out white water rafting today.  He is tired too but is having fun.  It feels so strange to take things to him and just leave them in his car, I have the extra key.  This way we will not have to wait for each other.  I think his only time off is from 9-10 p.m.  

Here at the shop today, taking a break from all of the cleaning and window decorating.  Going to focus on paperwork and maybe a bit of hooky time.  Am attaching a photo of the last knit shawl.

hugs!

post-33271-0-95093300-1468690996_thumb.jpg

Good morning. It's downright chilly here! It's 52 degrees! Sun is shining though.Oh...the 50's! :clap 

Judy, I graduated from nursing school in 1977. Except for the first couple of years, I have spent all that time working in critical care. That's a lot of much needed experience for those patients who rely on you and your coworkers....but sometimes you have to think of you, too. Sounds like a scary evening for your neighbor. Hope they get the issue taken care of today.The gas company finished their very deep trench, took care of things there and somewhere else on her property. We saw shiny new fittings on their gas meter and connections there...All done. They had trucks there all night but waited till 7:45AM before pounding away.

Not sure what my plans are for today. There's always housework, but I think it's probably a good morning for yard work since it's nice and cool. We'll see what happens once I get moving.

Mary, my three oldest grandsons are Lego crazy, and, Joanne...the two youngest ones are into trains. At least those toys are hands on and require imagination. All of them enjoy video games too, but DD limits the time they can spend with those.

Joanne ~ Have a wonderful time with family!  Happy Birthday to Ryan. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Oh, 52* sounds heavenly!  It was 79 at 6 this a.m. Lol

Judy ~ The gas leaks are scary.  I hope they check all the lines in your area while they are there!  I love cooking with gas and our water heater and furnaces are gas...much less expensive than electric. Gracie would be upset with all the noise, too...but right now she's so tired from having the boys here, she probably wouldn't notice.  :lol 

SIL just texted that he really misses the boys and should be home by about 5.  Grammy is very tired, so we'll be happy to take them home. Lol  They are really good, but it's non-stop!   Of course, DD is in Tahoe, so he'll have his hands full. ;)

Have a good Saturday, everyone. ♥♥♥

Lucy exhausted herself barking so much last night - she slept late this morning...lol!

Top of the morning house!

Judy-that is sure scary!  Having a major gas leak would freak me out.  So glad that it is taken care of and that no one was hurt.  Bet you are working on Mr. Eagle today?Did a few more rows, but really need to weave in some more ends next time I sit down with it.

Mary-oh your grands are just so lucky!  How fun to get to spend time with you, playing leggo's is so much fun too!  

Joanne-have a wonderful weekend with your dd's and Happy Birthday to Ryan! 

Cindy-some days I feel tired too..most days are so jam packed that I just do not feel like I am ever rested.

Dd is home for the weekend!  They dropped her off yesterday afternoon, she had so much fun! On Thursday she had hiked 8 miles, she is enjoying the outdoors and camping.  She said the work is strenuous but very rewarding.  She will be leaving once again on Monday.  She was in bed by 9:30 last night, she was exhausted. 

Ds called last night, first time that we have heard his voice since last Sunday..happy days! I picked up his dirty laundry, washed it and delivered it back to his car. Laundry - I remember those days!  He is out white water rafting today.  He is tired too but is having fun.  It feels so strange to take things to him and just leave them in his car, I have the extra key.  This way we will not have to wait for each other.  I think his only time off is from 9-10 p.m.  

Here at the shop today, taking a break from all of the cleaning and window decorating.  Going to focus on paperwork and maybe a bit of hooky time.  Am attaching a photo of the last knit shawl.

hugs!

The shawl looks so fluffy and cozy! Great work, my friend!

And Mary, you asked how big Mr. Eagle was going to be: width for the 200 stitches is 63 inches; a rough estimate of the length for 150 stitches (more, if I think it needs it) will be 46/50 inches. Then a border of about 24 sc stitches around, using a deep tan and black.

Hi again. :)

LeeAnn ~ Your shawl is gorgeous!  The yarn has such pretty "shading." (For lack of a better word right now.)  I'm so glad your kids are having a good summer and speaking from experience...the laundry always seems to make it back to mom. :lol

Judy ~ I am really excited about seeing your eagle graph 'ghan!  I hope all the activity in your neighborhood has slowed down for a while.

Marlene ~ Thinking of you. :hug

We took the boys home about 4:30 and their dad had just arrived.  He was so appreciative. :manyheart   They both fell asleep in the car, but were so excited to see daddy.  I think this heat just slows me down as I get older, but we had some good squirt gun battles while they were here. :)  Looking forward to some time with my hook tomorrow!

morning peeps!

We had some strong t/storms yesterday late afternoon and early evening - at least they didn't go on all night. Sparkie squeezed himself into a tiny space between the wall and DH's desk for the duration and made himself small.....not an easy feat for a nearly 100 pound GSD.

Hi again. :)

LeeAnn ~ Your shawl is gorgeous!  The yarn has such pretty "shading." (For lack of a better word right now.)  I'm so glad your kids are having a good summer and speaking from experience...the laundry always seems to make it back to mom. :lol

Judy ~ I am really excited about seeing your eagle graph 'ghan!  I hope all the activity in your neighborhood has slowed down for a while I hope things will be normal for a long time, too!

Marlene ~ Thinking of you. :hug

We took the boys home about 4:30 and their dad had just arrived.  He was so appreciative. :manyheart   They both fell asleep in the car, but were so excited to see daddy.  I think this heat just slows me down as I get older, but we had some good squirt gun battles while they were here. :)  Looking forward to some time with my hook tomorrow!

I get irritable when I;m warm - esp if it's humid. If DH gets too cold he raises the thermostat....there have been wars.... :lol

Marlene, I hope all is going well for you.... :hug

Have a good day my friends.

Archived