Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House!

Glad to see the headaches are getting better! Yes it is really hot down here in the south!! and the humidity! a little rain every day it seems... but instead of cooling things off it just gets hotter... oh well! Sum-sum-summertime in the south!

JUDY - Mr. Eagle is awesome!! :applause and your home sounds wonderful.. I don't really know what a Lovitt house is, but I do love OLD houses.... in fact I just love old stuff and vintage anyways!

MARY- I am feeling better! I sure hope your DH's urology appointment went well.. Thank you for sharing the link to that site...

CINDY- :hi Can't wait to see the slouch hat! That pattern is darling!!

Hi JOANN- My DD has been watching the Olympics too... I just don't know why I have no interest this year.. But I"m like you on those rotisserie chickens! I LOVE them.. So so good!

I did order me a little yarn today. Mary Maxim Starlette in some different colors. I want to do a few headbands and their price was WAY low. I have never ordered yarn from Mary Maxim before, so I'm hoping it's not too bad.

Well, hope everyone has a good night and a good weekend! CINDY try not to work too hard this weekend!

Night everyone!

morning peeps.

Thanks for the compliments, my friends!

Michelle, A Levitt home isn't really vintage (unless you find one that has been updated since it was built in 1962...lol! We do have vintage homes nearby though: pocket doors, all that...they are gorgeous inside!

The real feel temp now at 9:30 is 102....I'm still dripping after watering my plants a half hour ago!

Later gators. Time to scrub off the grime.

Good morning House!

Oh my gosh!  Hearing about the heat and humidity scares me!  We are cooling down here in Southern Colorado.  Yesterday morning when I went for my walk it was 66F, a light breeze, perfect walking weather.  We have snow on top of Mount Blanca.  That is the mountain right next to our house..the freezing cold days are right around the corner.

Cindy-thank you for the lovely compliment.  Having my own business is work...lots and lots of work.  It has always been a dream of mine, there are times when I think to myself I could be working a normal job and be done at 5..but then I remember that I have a flexible schedule and are getting to do what I love.  Have your friend email me, I am always willing to share knowledge/words of encouragement.  The market is very competitive, lots of talented folks out there, I am constantly promoting, every month we have an activity lined up at the shop, the networking part in person is my downfall.  I like chatting with folks one on one but going to big events freaks me out and then I turtle''

Joanne-I bet you will be spending the weekend with the grands?  how fun!  My kiddos miss their grands, now that they are older and so busy they are not able to spend as much time with them as they used to.  

Judy-Mr. Eagle looks fabulous!  Bet you will be finishing him soon, what will be your next project?

Michelle-I bet your blog looks awesome!  I will hop on over to see all of the changes, how exciting!

Mary-did you get a chance to play with  yarn?  I sure hope so.   :manyheart 

This week has been another busy week.  On Wednesday dh had his company BBQ.  It was so funny, we sat down at a table.  Dh's co-workers arrived after us but they sat behind us, we were wondering why they hadn't sat with us.  I felt a few frosty stares during the evening...we finally decided to leave when it started raining.  Come to find out, they didn't recognize me as I had my hair cut super short on Monday and was wearing my new contacts.   :P they thought dh had brought some one else and were so unhappy with him..isn't that crazy?  Dh messaged them when we got home as he didn't understand why they were all so cold during the evening..goodness!  I am not sure if I should feel happy but I must say I did feel sad that evening.  I couldn't help but wonder what I had done.

Last night on of dh's coworkers had a 40th birthday party.  I wasn't sure about going but all in all it went well.  I spent the evening chatting with one of the wives that I have known for years.  She is older...seems like I relate to the older ladies.  

I am OFF today..wohoo!  Planning on working on the Crafting With LeeAnn online shop, have lots of new yarn to add.  Have a great weekend house! :ghug 

Oh, LeeAnn, that response from DH's coworkers would be funny if it wasn't so sad. It was a shame it ruined the BBQ. I do love your short cut I see on the avatar! That's how I would like mine someday.

And my next project might be a scarf with scrumcious variegated yarn I bought from our LYS over a month ago. Or...use one of my pattern books and put a dent into my big stash! Some squares are so pretty...at least I have the JAYG project to continue so if I can't decide I won't be going through withdrawal. As it is now I'll be on Mr. Eagle for at least 3 more weeks. The remainder isn't hard - the darn thing is just so big to work with! Then the border.

We came home from a late lunch and discovered the garage door opener wouldn't work - I went to listen for the AC....nope. Electricity was out. In total it was only out for about 1 1/2 hours but it felt like an eternity. Not a goody for this to happen with a real feel temp of 115. I was more concerned for our older dog than anything else.  The area, ever since Super storm Sandy, does seem to have a better response time when the power goes out. The company was harshly condemned for lax practices - which they corrected non stop right after Sandy.

Stay cool....

HI ladies. Busy day at work as usual. I have to work tomorrow and then I have seven days off.

We are going to go to Shipshewana, Indiana for a couple of days next week. We plan to visit the flea market there, (it's huge), see a play and do some other shopping. The area has a large Amish population and I like to visit their bulk food store and their cheese factory. We will be seeing this play:

http://www.amishcountry.org/events/event/a-bench-in-the-sun/

It's a comedy, hopefully hubby will enjoy it. Theater isn't really his thing, but he's willing to humor me.

Michelle, there is a Mary Maxim factory store in Port Huron, Michigan. We drive through there when we go to visit my family and I like to stop there and look around.

LeeAnn, thats both sad and funny about your hubby's co-workers. I agree with Judy, that haircut in your avatar is really cute.

Judy, I'm glad the power outage wasn't any longer! Not a good thing with this heat and humidity!

Morning peeps.

HI ladies. Busy day at work as usual. I have to work tomorrow and then I have seven days off.A whole week off!! Nice!

We are going to go to Shipshewana, Indiana for a couple of days next week. We plan to visit the flea market there, (it's huge), see a play and do some other shopping. The area has a large Amish population and I like to visit their bulk food store and their cheese factory. We will be seeing this play:
http://www.amishcountry.org/events/event/a-bench-in-the-sun/
It's a comedy, hopefully hubby will enjoy it. Theater isn't really his thing, but he's willing to humor me.The premise of that play sounds like it could be funny - reminds me of the plots of some of the light novels I read in between the deep stuff.

Michelle, there is a Mary Maxim factory store in Port Huron, Michigan. We drive through there when we go to visit my family and I like to stop there and look around.Just going to look around? :heehee 

LeeAnn, thats both sad and funny about your hubby's co-workers. I agree with Judy, that haircut in your avatar is really cute.

Judy, I'm glad the power outage wasn't any longer! Not a good thing with this heat and humidity!

Yes, by the time the power went back on I was feeling uncomfortable - breathing, not just feeling warm and icky. Our poor Sparkie was very uncomfortable, more so than Lucy, of course, since she's half his age. They love laying in front of the box fan in the man cave where it's darker and more cozy. We need the fan to help the AC along. DH can't remember the last time he had to tell me it was too cold upstairs! Can't wait to get the electric bill :rofl

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning all.

Had a nice fun busy day yesterday. Two of my dds and all 4 grandsons came over. Dh and i watched the boys while the girls went for pedicures. Today, dd, sil and the three boys are coming over. Another fun day! We have already been to the grocery store. We went around 8 and its already bumid AND hot. Thank god for the ac and the pool My youngest brother just texted me a while ago that his sister in law passed. She had just turned 60. I only met her a couple of times. They are heading to brooklyn to help her dh make arrangements. They did see her yesterday since she was at nyu med ctr which is a couple blocks away from where my nephews new apt is.

JUDY--glad you didn't lose power for too long. Did you see arods last game? I was flipping back and forth between that amd the olympics. Yesterday they had a nice ceremony for the 20th anniversary of their 96 world series win It was nice to watch.....from the comfort of my family room and ac.

Cindy. Enjoy your time off. Im off mon, tues and wed. Im babysitting jali on tuesday so dd can go for a haircut. Depending on weather, we all may go to the beach on wed. Tomorrow is going to be a me day. Lol

Mary, Marlene, Michelle and Leeann. Hope you have a nice sunday. Laundry is done and time to fold.

Joanne, I did see A-Rod's last game. It was bittersweet the way he was pushed out, but I'm so glad they gave him a chance to have a Yankee Stadium sendoff.

Have a great time this week!!

Today....notice the box fan....

post-8552-0-51738000-1471216517_thumb.jpg

Good Monday morning, everyone. :rain  YES!  We're having some rain and it's heavenly.  Friday was 107* and Friday night it cooled off and we had a shower.  We're having  light rain again this morning.  It barely hit 90 over the weekend, so a welcome change for sure!  The birds are happy and my yard is, too. :)

Judy ~ I'm glad your power wasn't off any longer...isn't it amazing how fast the house heats up?  The children are so smart to park themselves right in front of the fan. ;)

Michelle ~ Yay for new yarn!  I haven't used any MM yarn...be sure and give us a review on it! 

LeeAnn ~ Oh, your story about the picnic sounds like something out of a movie.  I would have had mixed emotions, too. :manyheart   You look adorable with the short haircut!  Mine is not much longer and it makes life easier. :)

Joanne ~  Enjoy your "extra" time with the kids and grandkids!  Zachary (he decided he wants to be called his "real name" for a while Lol)  will be starting Pre K at the same school Luke goes to.  They start on the 24th and are so excited!  The new backpacks and shoes are all they talk about. :lol

Cindy ~ Have a wonderful week off!  Your trip sounds perfect - I hope you have good weather and find lots of goodies.

Marlene ~ I think you said you have Baby G for a few days?  Rest when you can! ;)

Have a good day, friends. :)

Good morning. It's pleasant outside here for a change. We are supposed to get a lot of rain, starting later today. They have a,ready posted flood warnings. Nothing to worry about at our house though. We are way up on a hill. Our whole neighborhood is up high, we are just higher than most. I'm sitting outside watching a couple of hummingbirds fight over the feeder. Those birds are pretty bold, considering their tiny size.

Work wasn't too bad this weekend. Saturday was very busy, Sunday was a bit quieter. It feels good to have a week off though.

Mary, I'm glad for your sake that you have had a bit of a break in your weather. I just saw where the Farmers Almanac predicted a bitterly cold, excessively snowy winter for us. I sure hope they are wrong!

Judy, even the dogs know how to stay cool in the dog days of summer! (Sorry...couldn't resist!)

Marlene, enjoy your time with Gerimiah. Rest when you can.

Joanne, have fun on your days off. The beach day sounds like a nice relaxing time. I used to take my kids a lot, but now I rarely get to the beach. We have some really beautiful beaches around here.

Well, best get back to the laundry. Have a great day ladies.

Hi peeps.

Good Monday morning, everyone. :rain  YES!  We're having some rain and it's heavenly.  Friday was 107* and Friday night it cooled off and we had a shower.  We're having  light rain again this morning.  It barely hit 90 over the weekend, so a welcome change for sure!  The birds are happy and my yard is, too. :)We haven't had rain for quite a while - seems to go north or south of us!

Judy ~ I'm glad your power wasn't off any longer...isn't it amazing how fast the house heats up?  Did it ever! I was going through scenarios for how to keep the pups cool if it stayed off for a long time. We have the one couple we're very god friends with and who would take us in,  dogs and all, but they're over an hour away. The children are so smart to park themselves right in front of the fan. ;)  So proud of my smart pups! 

Michelle ~ Yay for new yarn!  I haven't used any MM yarn...be sure and give us a review on it! 

LeeAnn ~ Oh, your story about the picnic sounds like something out of a movie.  I would have had mixed emotions, too. :manyheart   You look adorable with the short haircut!  Mine is not much longer and it makes life easier. :)

Joanne ~  Enjoy your "extra" time with the kids and grandkids!  Zachary (he decided he wants to be called his "real name" for a while Lol)  will be starting Pre K at the same school Luke goes to.  They start on the 24th and are so excited!  The new backpacks and shoes are all they talk about. :lol

Cindy ~ Have a wonderful week off!  Your trip sounds perfect - I hope you have good weather and find lots of goodies.

Marlene ~ I think you said you have Baby G for a few days?  Rest when you can! ;)

Have a good day, friends. :)

Good morning. It's pleasant outside here for a change. We are supposed to get a lot of rain, starting later today. They have a,ready posted flood warnings. Nothing to worry about at our house though. We are way up on a hill. Our whole neighborhood is up high, we are just higher than most. I'm sitting outside watching a couple of hummingbirds fight over the feeder. Those birds are pretty bold, considering their tiny size.I rarely see hummingbirds - but did see one stop on our fence several weeks ago - I think on its way to the neighbor down the street who has at least 2 feeders out for them. 

Work wasn't too bad this weekend. Saturday was very busy, Sunday was a bit quieter. It feels good to have a week off though. :) 

Mary, I'm glad for your sake that you have had a bit of a break in your weather. I just saw where the Farmers Almanac predicted a bitterly cold, excessively snowy winter for us. I sure hope they are wrong!

Judy, even the dogs know how to stay cool in the dog days of summer! (Sorry...couldn't resist!)Ha!  I said something similar to DH - and at his puzzled look, explained how I heard the term originated.

Marlene, enjoy your time with Gerimiah. Rest when you can.

Joanne, have fun on your days off. The beach day sounds like a nice relaxing time. I used to take my kids a lot, but now I rarely get to the beach. We have some really beautiful beaches around here.

Well, best get back to the laundry. Have a great day ladies.

Have a good night my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Enjoy your week off and your trip to Indiana.

Mary, Thanks for the link for the afghan you made.

Judy, Glad your electric wasn't out any longer. Smart dogs laying in front of the fan. Mr. Eagle is stunning!

Michelle, Glad your feeling better. I need to check out your blog. 

LeeAnn, Glad your esty shop is keeping you busy. 

Joanne, Enjoy your 3 days off and your time with the family.

Having 3 grandkids together for 6 days was a long week. We have Gerimiah here until wednesday. DD is off at least thursday and friday and maybe saturday and sunday. She promoted someone and not sure how long she will be working with her. That determines if she get 4 days off or 2 days off. She wants to take Maya to a water park near by. I told her I would watch the baby.

My family had some unsettleing news last week. My brothers girlfriend took it upon herself to bury my brother. She said she found out after she set everything up that my niece was having her daughters birthday party on the same day and same time. My niece planned this last winter while we were in Texas and invited everyone then including the girlfriend (Jane). So Jane figured everyone would be going to that and did not call any of us. Not my mom, his girls or siblings. My nieces found out about on facebook when Jane's daughter posted a picture of it. She has always gotten along with everyone and has always been apart of the family. She even came to are family reunion in July. It's been hard on all of us losing are brother and many of us have shared things about it on facebook so she knows how we all still hurt. Legally she didn't have a right to do this. The funeral home knew they were not married. She would of had to go through them to get a hold of the cemetery. It's quite upsetting. 

Hope everyone has a great week! Stay cool!

Good morning. I'm up already, (it's 7:15),de is on. It rained all night here.its not hot but it's veryhumid,

Marlene, I'm sorry about the fiasco about your brother. Enjoy your alone time with Gerimiah.

We plan to drive to Indiana today. The play starts at 7 this evening. Hopefully it won't rain there tomorrow as I'd like to visit the flea market. I haven't been in several years.

Spell check is driving me crazy this morning. I keep forgetting to ask DS how to turn it off.

Have a great day ladies.

Morning peeps.

Marlene, I would be so upset at the girlfriend....I'm so sorry.....

Cindy, enjoy your time away - I hope you get to the flea market!

Last day here of over 100 "real feel" temps! 

Mr. Eagle is zipping along now! At the boring part...lol!

Hi to everyone else!! I hope you all get some "me" time!

A quick good morning! 

Marlene ~ :hug   to you and your family.  There is definitely something wrong with this person!  So sorry you all are having to go through this. :(

Errands and a hair cut for me today.  It's cloudy and in the 70's right now...we'll enjoy it while we can!

Good morning almost afternoon house!

Marlene-oh no!  That is so upsetting, goodness...folks amaze me most days.  Hoping that you are taking care of you even though you are watching sweet Geremiah.

Judy-Mr. Eagle is almost finished?  wowza!  You are speeding right along!

Joanne-your weekend with the grands always sounds so fun and relaxing. I bet your dd's are all so excited to have you so close by.

Cindy-enjoy your vacation!  The play sounds like it will be tons of fun.  Did you take any yarn projects to work on?

Mary-how's this week looking? Bet you will be busy, life sure seems super busy huh?

Had a great weekend off.  Saturday I was a bump on a log..I just didn't feel like doing much.  Went to my sister's house to watch movies and color our hair.  Then it was back home to work on laundry.  Sunday the family and I just holed up at home, what a blessing to be able to just rest.  Yesterday dh had an appointment in a nearby city, we were able to go the mall and spend time with our kiddos.  Fun fun fun

Today it is back to filling orders and online work.  Hope you all have a great week, talk soon :ghug

Hi LeeAnn ~ Good for you for actually taking some time for yourself! :yes   It sounds like you had a really good weekend.

Cindy ~ Have a great trip!  I hope the rain holds off until you're on your way home. :)

Judy ~ I think it's time for a row count! :D

I could get used to this cooler weather, but we'll be back near 100 in a fews days.  It sure has been nice, though!

Hi HOuse!

Hope everyone is good! It has just been busy around here for me... and I have nothing really to show for it. Saturday I did clean house, not real deep cleaning, but got it cleaned none the less. Only thing is you can't tell it all now!

Also went with DD to get her school supplies. You have to wait until they actually start and each High School teacher gives her their list! Good Lord!!

Sunday was church all day and DH stayed in bed being sick. Yesterday kept the oldest GS because he had pinkeye and couldn't go to school. Today I slept late to about 9:30. Took some extra me time today. Got about a foot more done on a scarf I am making. I also met a friend and walked 2 miles today!! I just hope I can move tomorrow. Exercise is a must for fibro, but you never really know how much is too much so it can backfire. But I feel pretty good tonight so I am not going to borrow any trouble.

Judy I still think your Levitt home sounds quaint and all homey! Besides that was the era I was born, so I think it's just  neat! So nice to see you are already planning projects for when Mr. Eagle is finished..

LeeAnn I absolutely don't see how you get as much done as you do with all the work of your shop! But you sure are an inspiration to me! I just cannot believe what you went through at DH's business dinner! Why couldn't one of them been a friend enough to come close to your husband and speak? Even if they thought you were someone else,, they should have come to speak so they could hopefully convict him enough that they could talk with him friend to friend when they could at work. I guess you can tell I'm one of those direct-get-involved types. It WOULD have been funny except for the miserable feeling of a night that was wasted. Oh well, I'm sure you can laugh about it in a couple years.

Cindy, your trip sounds fun!! I know you will enjoy that! I'm jealous about the flea market and to think of going in a Mary Maxim in person!! My yarn came in today and I think it's going to be great to work with.

Marlene , I so sorry for the loss of your brother. :hug   and to think how some people can just be so selfish here on earth is beyond me. But try not to harbor on it and let it turn you bitter... Remember the good and give yourself some time for grieving ... will be praying for you!

Hi Mary! I hope it's cooler your way.. it does seem like it's cooled a tad here but not too much. But when I'm tempted to complain, I think about the folks in Louisiana and all they are going through.... so heartbreaking.

Hi Joanne, So glad you are enjoying your time with the grands.

I haven't been too busy with the blog... Been busy trying to make things and to have some content to add. I really want to try my hand at designing. Don't know if I really can or not, but I DO have an idea for something in my head... ;)  Maybe as soon as I finish what I'm working on, I can try it... we'll see.

Anyway hope everyone has a good night!

morning peeps!

Michelle, I'm sure you'll come up with something gorgeous to add to your blog! And good for you, walking that much. It's a trial and error thing. I don't know how you can manage anything with that pain. I was told I had it when I was in my early 40's and that pain was debilitating. Not sure why it slowly disappeared - but I'm grateful! Gentle hugs, my friend.

Cindy - I hope all is well up yonder! Enjoy!

Judy ~ I think it's time for a row count! :D Mary, I'll be adding maybe ten more rows of the background color at the end of the actual pattern, but right now, minus that and a border, I think I'm at 125/150 :)

I could get used to this cooler weather, but we'll be back near 100 in a fews days.  It sure has been nice, though! :yes  :yes

We had a strong thunderstorm around 2 AM, so I sat in the hallway with Sparkie - Lucy closed up in the bedroom. Then I heard her whining....opened the door and she began her tradition - of throwing up. TG she did it on the solid floor of th guest room and not the carpet! And....she didn't wait to start when I had already gone back to sleep. :lol   The trials of being a mom to fur children...taking the good with the bad.

Have a good day, my friends.

Good morning !!! Last of my days off until sepember2. Monday was a lazy, me day. Got a lot done on Charlie's blanket. Only about 20 or so more rows to do! I babysat Jali yesterday and dd had her hair cut and highlighted. It looks great. Its about shoulder length now and she said it feels so light. Her hair is thick and was long. I really think it is something she needed to for her!! Today dd and the boys and i are going to the outlets I want to buy ryan his back to school outfit now that he will be starting kindergarten.

Today is also my oldest daughters birthday. Im looking forward to going to boston and seeing her in sept for about 4 days Cant believe my first born is 37. How did THAT happen????

Marlene. Im so sorry that your brothers gf did that. How can people be so thoughtless? Agree with others, keep good memories of your brother and dont let what she did bother you. Enjoy your time with geremiah.

Mary. Its actually pleasant out today thanks to the storms that rolled through last night. Enjoy your cooler temps while they last. I LOL about zach wanting to be called zachary now!! Gotta love children!!!!

Leeann im glad you had a nice relaxing weekend !!!

Michelle. Good for you walking and i hope today finds you well.

Judy. Sorry that the storms had your fur babies upset. But glad the throw up was in the floor. Gotta look at the positive. :-)

Cindy. Hope you got to get to the flea market!!

Off to head down to dds. Have a great day!!!!

Good morning House!

Judy-so sorry to hear that your fur babies were not feeling well. awww poor Lucy.  She must have been terrified.  Is she feeling better now?

Joanne-your days off sound like heaven!  Happy Birthday to your dd!  37 is a fun age, will she be doing something fun and exciting?

Michelle-ouch!  I bet Fibro is difficult to manage.  My dh has diabetes and has been taking insulin shots since he was 11.  As he gets older, it is getting more and more difficult to manage.  Walking is one of my favorite forms of exercise, keep up the good work!

Mary-how hot does it get in your neck of the woods?

Last night was my first night doing what I call Marathon Cooking.  I am trying to make 30 freezer meals.  I think it will be helpful during the next few months as they are my busiest.  We made 40 waffles last night, got up early this morning to prepare 12 breakfast bowls..whew!  I came into the shop to rest.   :lol   Tonight was supposed to be another baking night but we will be cleaning from 5:15-8:15.  My dd and I have taken on a small job cleaning at a  Bed & Breakfast house..it takes us about 3 hours to get it all done.  I am helping her earn money for college..it is exhausting but I think life is exhausting..it is going to be a major caffeine day for me.  Off to rest a bit more..I picked up my knitting, finished another sock onto the second one.   :ghug  :ghug  :ghug   

post-33271-0-63700900-1471454785_thumb.jpg

Good morning House!

Judy-so sorry to hear that your fur babies were not feeling well. awww poor Lucy.  She must have been terrified.  Is she feeling better now?Thanks - she bounces back right away - vomiting is fairly common for her, unfortunately. Sparkie is terrified by thunderstorms and fireworks, so this time of year isn't always fun.

Joanne-your days off sound like heaven!  Happy Birthday to your dd!  37 is a fun age, will she be doing something fun and exciting?

Michelle-ouch!  I bet Fibro is difficult to manage.  My dh has diabetes and has been taking insulin shots since he was 11.  As he gets older, it is getting more and more difficult to manage.  Walking is one of my favorite forms of exercise, keep up the good work!

Mary-how hot does it get in your neck of the woods?

Last night was my first night doing what I call Marathon Cooking.  I am trying to make 30 freezer meals.  I think it will be helpful during the next few months as they are my busiest.  We made 40 waffles last night, got up early this morning to prepare 12 breakfast bowls..whew!  I came into the shop to rest.   :lol   Tonight was supposed to be another baking night but we will be cleaning from 5:15-8:15.  My dd and I have taken on a small job cleaning at a  Bed & Breakfast house..it takes us about 3 hours to get it all done.  I am helping her earn money for college..it is exhausting but I think life is exhausting..it is going to be a major caffeine day for me.  Off to rest a bit more..I picked up my knitting, finished another sock onto the second one.   :ghug  :ghug  :ghug   If I ever tried making socks I'd have to do like I did with booties: crochet 3 so maybe I could get a pair out of it!

I'm tired just reading about your marathon cooking! :lol

Have a good night, my friends.

Good morning !!! Last of my days off until sepember2. Monday was a lazy, me day. Got a lot done on Charlie's blanket. Only about 20 or so more rows to do! I babysat Jali yesterday and dd had her hair cut and highlighted. It looks great. Its about shoulder length now and she said it feels so light. Her hair is thick and was long. I really think it is something she needed to for her!! Today dd and the boys and i are going to the outlets I want to buy ryan his back to school outfit now that he will be starting kindergarten.

Today is also my oldest daughters birthday. Im looking forward to going to boston and seeing her in sept for about 4 days Cant believe my first born is 37. How did THAT happen????

Marlene. Im so sorry that your brothers gf did that. How can people be so thoughtless? Agree with others, keep good memories of your brother and dont let what she did bother you. Enjoy your time with geremiah.

Mary. Its actually pleasant out today thanks to the storms that rolled through last night. Enjoy your cooler temps while they last. I LOL about zach wanting to be called zachary now!! Gotta love children!!!!

Leeann im glad you had a nice relaxing weekend !!!

Michelle. Good for you walking and i hope today finds you well.

Judy. Sorry that the storms had your fur babies upset. But glad the throw up was in the floor. Gotta look at the positive. :-)

Cindy. Hope you got to get to the flea market!!

Off to head down to dds. Have a great day!!!!

Yup, Joanne - gotta look at the positive... :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

Good morning. It's beautiful outside at the moment. Cool and sunny, although it's beginning to beat up. I'm taking advantage of it by sweeping the porch, deck and patios and cleaning the outdoor furniture.

We made it to the flea market in Shipshewana, but it was too hot to enjoy it and we left after an hour or so. There were a lot of "made in Asia" clothes booths and dollar general type items mixed in among the more typical flea market stuff. I didn't buy anything. The play was okay, nothing great. Actually the acting was quite good for an amateur performance, but the play itself was dull, and was quite clearly a low budget production. Luckily it was fairly inexpensive for live theater. I don't think it did much to change DH's mind about theater though.

LeeAnn, your socks look great. I'm with Judy...except, I don't think 3 will be enough for me to get a matching Laura! I don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm going to book a private lesson at the local yarn shop to learn to knit in the round. They suggested that I try "magic loop". I looked it up and it looks manageable.

Well, better get back to my outdoor cleaning before the heat kicks in. Have a great day, ladies.

Archived