Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. It's been much cooler and less humid here for the past few days. I am currently on call for work, but I won't be first to be called in. So...I am doing laundry.

On Saturday morning, I got up at 5:30. I coukdnt sleep. I got a lot done around the house. We had a family dinner and bonfire over at DS house on Saturday evening. He smoked a bunch of pork tenderloins. Yummy!

Nothing much else happening here. Have a great day, ladies.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, you are making great progress!! Ive been watching the olympics!!! Love the games!!! And one of the gymnasts , laurie hernandez is from Old Bridge!!! They were so good last night. I like sports and its fun to watch some of the more unusual ones.

Hooe you all had a good monday.

Morning peeps.

Yup, Joanne....I'm zipping along faster now - worst fiddly part right now is the color changes for the eagle's eye. We've been watching some of the Olympics. Synchronized diving was something else! Gymnastics, though, is probably my fav of the Summer games. Laurie is doing amazing work!!!!

Hi to everyone else!! Marlene, I hope you're still doing well.

Nothing exciting going on here...still adding some more squares to the JAYG blankie when I'm downstairs. The squares are only three rounds and I have 9 squares across and am on row 10 or 11 down right now. Not sure how big I'll make it. Not super big, for sure - maybe throw size.

Later gators.

'Morning, everyone. :)  

Cindy ~ The party at your son's house sounds really fun!  Are you working a lot this week?

Judy ~ Congrats on the progress. :yes   Working on the eye colors must be tedious!

Hi Joanne!

We have something every day this week.  I'm going to DD's in a while to stay with the boys while she gets her hair cut  and DH has an appt. this afternoon.  My life is so exciting. :lol

Have a good day, friends. :manyheart

Good afternoon house!

It is the beginning of another week and yet it feels like I didn't have much of a weekend, that's ok.  Will keep plugging along.

Nothing too exciting to report, took dd Back to School shopping, we are officially ready!  Also finished up a small rug that I was making.  I decided to give finger knitting then arm knitting a try.  I must say..I do not think I will ever do the finger knitting again but the arm knitting sure is fast!

Off to paperwork land.  Hugs and warmest of wishes!

Hi LeeAnn!  Oh, it's such a busy time for you!  Getting both kids ready for school is a lot!  I have to google finger and arm knitting - since I never mastered regular knitting, I doubt these would work for me either.  ;)

Here is the latest baby afghan...

post-10699-0-51639600-1470777473_thumb.jpgpost-10699-0-68789900-1470777513_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I hope DD's house sells soon. Love your new afghan! The colors are so soft.

Judy, You'll be done before you know it on the eagle.

Joanne, I bet DD enjoyed her me time as much as you enjoyed grammy time. 

Cindy, Your time at DS's sounds like a fun time. 

LeeAnn, I buy some school supplies for the grandkids to. I use to do it for my nieces and nephews after my kids graduated.

I am feeling pretty good. I do know I can't carry baby G around. He's close to 20 lbs and I can feel it so I won't be doing that. He's crawling and scooting his walker around every where. DS asked me if the kids come for the week if they wanted to. I said yes, but it is different having three here instead of one. Payton's birthday is saturday and this year is the year for him to spend it with his mom. So he will pick the kids up early saturday morning from DD's. Thursday after hubby's appts we are going back down to DD's for a couple of days. She wants DH to go with her to Lowe's. There going to remodel the bathroom. When we come home we will bring baby G home with us until next wednesday. DD will be having between 2-4 days off. She is going to take Maya to the water park. I told her I would stay at the house with the baby. If it's not to hot then we may all go, but I don't like to be out when it's to hot. We are going to have upper 80's and low 90's this week. We always have high humidity when it's that hot.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Morning peeps!

Marlene, you're being smart about self care. Good for you!

Mary, that's a beautiful baby ghan! You're work is perfect and the colors are so soothing. What brand of yarn did you use?

Have a good one, my friends,

Good morning. It's beautiful here...but Dh says its going to get hot and humid. I hope not. Our church is having their family camp this week and Dh wants to go out there this afternoon. It's one thing to hang out in the A/C at home, but it will be hot out there!

Mary, what a pretty baby blanket. Those colors are so pretty together.

Marlene, keep listening to your body and don't overdo. Sounds like you are keeping plenty busy!

LeeAnn, I don't think I've ever tried finger knitting, but I made an arm knit scarf last winter. It was very fast, but I found it to be awkward and I didn't care much for the texture of the finished item. I think that my yarn was to blame though.

Joanne, you are getting a lot of grandma time in these days. Enjoy it, those baby years go so quickly. I asked my 12 year old grandson if he was getting too old for a birthday day from Grandpa and Grandma and he said "No way!" It's nice to know that he still wants to spend a day with us!

Cindy, your grandson's response to not wanting to change his Birthday celebration was so cute - and reminded me of the exact same reaction my 22 yo goddaughter had when I asked her ( only a couple of years ago, I think) if she wanted to do something different for her birthday celebration :manyheart

Good morning house!

Mary-your afghan is stunning!  Oh my gosh!  The colors compliment each other nicely.  Good work. :-)

Judy-I too have been watching the Olympics at night, I wish I could watch more but by the time I turn on the t.v. I am exhausted.  I did get to watch a little bit of the men's swimming last night and a teeny tiny bit of the gymnastics.  Goodness!  What stamina and athleticism, they are all amazing to watch.  

Marlene-that is good that you are staying indoors, it is cooling down here in southern CO.  Today it is 65F,, the cooler days and nights are right around the corner.  I am enjoying the cooler weather, it's my favorite. 

Cindy-you are right, the arm knitting is different, not sure if I like it for myself but folks really like the chunky scarves/wraps. How is the sewing coming along?

HI to Joanne and Michelle!  

I had an order for 20 of the Tulip soaps, my first bulk orders for these little sweeties, what fun it has been to make them.  Off to shrink wrap land and packaging.

have a super day ladies! :ghug

Hi House. :)   Thanks to all of you for the compliments! :manyheart   I made this pattern when I was pregnant with DD (I still have it!) and it's always been a favorite. 

I never get headaches, but I've had a doozy today. :(   I'm blaming it on the heat...I blame everything on the heat lately. :lol

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

Hi House!

I have been reading posts and I must say I am so touched by all the well wishing for me! I am finally feeling better! I was sick before they pulled my teeth and because of infection I have been so sick after.. I had a bad allergic reaction to being on antibiotic for so long,,, in fact, I'm still on one. My ear still wants to hurt some and I still cannot hear as well in that ear. I am not sure but I'm afraid I may have some nerve damage or something. But I am so much better and now I know I will live! LOL!

I was too sick to do anything else, so I spent a LOT of time studying about websites and totally re-doing mine. So now I am set to just keep building to it and growing it. If any of you have ideas for me, I am totally open.. :D

CINDY- I hate you had a headache all day, but I hope tomorrow will be better for you. Happy Birthday to your GS! Our oldest birthday is today. He is 6 years old now. He came over this evening and when they started to leave he made up his mind to come back because he wanted to go to church with GG and Mimi and spend the night. ;) Good to feel loved that they want to stay with us even on birthdays!!

MARY- I hate you had one too.. and THANK you for leaving me the sweet comment ! and that baby afghan! :yes  it is gorgeous! Yes, what  yarn did you use?!?

LEEANN- how are you? Wow! you are really doing great on your soaps!! But you should, they are so cute! That is a dream shop!

Hi JUDY! How are you? I just can't wait to see Mr. Eagle! Sounds like not too much longer...

MARLENE- So nice to see you are getting stronger and stronger! :clap  and yes you must listen to your body and just be sure not to overdo until you are completely well. I can only imagine how scary that all must have been. But good for you that you are springing back like you are!-

Hi JOANN- How are you? What are you making in craft club? That sounds like fun!

I'm working on bootcuffs and headbands right now. Getting that time soon. DD will be starting back to school tomorrow, she will be a JUNIOR!! How'd that happen?

Well it's that time and I hear the bed calling me... Hope everyone has a good sleep and great day tomorrow. Thank you all for thinking of me and prayers/well wishes! :manyheart 

Hugs to all :ghug  :ghug

Good morning. Still very humid here. It's kind of gloomy...maybe it will rain. We could use it.

My headache is gone, finally. I didn't do much yesterday, so I will have to make up for it today. I sat around and watched Olympics. Dh was gone in the afternoon and evening. DD came over to watch Olympics with me, and brought a rotisserie chicken for dinner. It never occurs to me to buy those...but it sure was good. They are quite inexpensive here, I think $5.99 at regular price, but often on sale for $4.99. DD says she has gotten them for $3.99. We ate our fill and there were at least two more servings plus bits and pieces for soup or a casserole left.

Michelle, I'm sorry you have been so sick. I hope you are definitely on the road to recovery. I took a look at your blog. It looks great! I've never made boot cuffs, but I think they are really cute. Maybe that woukd be a good Christmas gift for my daughters.

Leeann, I'm just so impressed that you can make a living with your creativity. I have a friend who has lost two corporate jobs in the last decade. Both times her department was outsourced. Now she is 60 and hasn't been able to find a job in her field. She's working in a low paying factory job without benefits as a last resort, because her unemployment ran out, and her hubby is unable to work due to health issues. She is very artistic and both her daughters and I know that she could make some extra money with her crafts. She used to sell jewelry and other crafts through a gallery that has since closed, so I know she already has inventory. However, she has pretty much lost all confidence in herself, so she's reluctant. I'm going to send her off to look at your Etsy shop, just so she can be inspired.

Well, I'd best get busy. I've been up for two hours, and so far all I've done is drink coffee!

Hi peeps!

Michelle, I'm glad to see you back! It sounds like you've been going through a lot. Feel better, my friend :hug

Cindy and Mary - DH gets headaches if the AC is too cold. We had a "real feel" temp of 106 yesterday. :P  It felt like a sauna when we stepped outside!

tg for AC - I can still crochet, despite it being summer! This has to be the worst one we've experienced in recent memory.

Stay cool!

hi all,

What yucky humid weather. Not a fan at all!!!!

Mary i love the blanket!!! Is it a pattern you can share and by that i mean a limk or name?? Hope your hradache is gone

Cindy. Dh and i often get a rotisserie chicken and then cut some up on a salad. And then we both have some for lunch the next day.

Michelle good luck to your dd on her first day back to school. Wow a junior!! Glad you are starting to feel bettter. I'll have to take a loom at your etsy shop im currently working on a crochet afghan cor middle DD cor Christmas and on a knit blanket cor Charlie!

Leeann. Saw the pick of celine. Wow she is sooo grown up....and beautiful!!!!

Judy. I agree, tg for ac. I work on afghans year round!!!!

Marlene. Glad you are watching yourself !!!

Thunder boomers are starting. Have a good night!!

'Evening, everyone. :)

Cindy ~ I hope your headache is better today. :manyheart   Mine is a lot better - I think it's from going in and out of ac so many times a day.  In and out of the car and house in this heat is a shock to the system. ;)

Michelle ~ Oh, you are welcome.  I love what you've done with your blog and it's such a good thing for you to focus on right now.  I hope you continue to feel better. :hug   Having gone through way too many dental procedures, I do know that your ears, sinuses and even eyes can be affected by extractions or other surgeries but things usually get back to normal in a few weeks.  Thank you for the compliment on the baby 'ghan.  It's made with Hobby Lobby yarn - that's about all I'm using right now and they do sell online!

Joanne ~ The pattern I have was hand written in the 70's and given to me by Mrs. Nelson, our neighbor. :)   It was just called a shell stitch with no border.  I've since learned it is called the "interlocking shell stitch" and I usually make two rows of each color and always do one row of sc as a base for the border.

http://newstitchaday.com/how-to-crochet-the-interlocking-shells-stitch/

Hi Judy!  With your humidity, you all have it worse than we do!  It was 103 today but with lower humidity.

Hi to the rest of the house, too. :manyheart

Hi, peeps!

Mary, thank you for the link. That stitch would look great with a fade of similar colors too - sound like my next experiment... :lol

I dislike being bored.

I miscounted on Mr. Eagle last time but it's zipping along. I'm using three main colors now with only a smidge of a third!

Another HHH day here in the Garden State...even the fans going at full speed downstairs weren't too effective yesterday - but upstairs was nice. :D No  insulation in our Levitt home,

Have a good one my friends.

Good morning. It's so humid here that I can't see out the windows. We had thunder and lightening overnight and just a tiny bit of rain.

Judy, I know what a Levitt home is! I have a large collection of Better Homes and Gardens from the 40s and 50s and there were a few articles about them in those magazines.

Mary, my headache was gone yesterday, but I currently have a mild one.. Today I suspect the humidity...or lack of coffee. It's much better than Wednesday though. And I just poured some coffee. Also, thank you for sharing the pattern link. Of course, the last thing I need is more project ideas...but I figure you can never have too many patterns....and I do have all that yarn just hanging around.....

I have to work this weekend, so I will be tackling chores this morning and having me time this afternoon. My unit at work is having a picnic tomorrow evening. I'm not sure if we will go, it depends on how my day goes.

I started a new project, (yes, I still have a bazillion UFOs)........

http://littlemonkeyscrochet.com/rustic-slouch-crochet-pattern/

I have a bunch of bulky yarn to use up and I thought one of my daughters would like this hat. I have enough yarn, but it's two different dye lots and there is a noticeable difference. I plan to make the top of the hat out of one skein and the cuff out of the other. Hopefully the color difference will look intentional then.

Guess, I'd better get that to do list taken care of. Have a great day, ladies.

Good Morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Oh, I like your idea of using similar colors!  I've also made it in one color and it turns out really pretty.  You must be thrilled to be down to only three colors!  The Eagle will be a true heirloom. :yes

Cindy ~ Enjoy your "me" time today.  I love the hat pattern!  That reminded me to get going on new hats for the boys...grammy promised so I'd better not forget. ;) 

Michelle ~ I hope you continue to feel better. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Have a great visit with the kids!

I'm doing all those fun little chores this morning...filling hubby's pill containers, laundry, desk stuff.  He has his weekly urology appt. this afternoon, so I might even get in some crochet time.  They're predicting a break in this heat over the weekend!  A pretty good chance of rain and cooler temps sounds heavenly, but I won't believe it until I see it!

Better get back to it so I can play later!  Have a good Friday, everyone!

Good Morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Oh, I like your idea of using similar colors!  I've also made it in one color and it turns out really pretty. That's another great idea! I'm shameless about copying projects. What I'm lacking in original thoughts is compensated for by the pretty pictures posted by other hookers! You must be thrilled to be down to only three colors!  Yup - going upstairs soon to work on it again. The Eagle will be a true heirloom. :yes

Cindy ~ Enjoy your "me" time today.  I love the hat pattern!  That reminded me to get going on new hats for the boys...grammy promised so I'd better not forget. ;)

Michelle ~ I hope you continue to feel better. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Have a great visit with the kids!

I'm doing all those fun little chores this morning...filling hubby's pill containers, laundry, desk stuff.  He has his weekly urology appt. this afternoon, so I might even get in some crochet time.  They're predicting a break in this heat over the weekend!  A pretty good chance of rain and cooler temps sounds heavenly, but I won't believe it until I see it!

Better get back to it so I can play later!  Have a good Friday, everyone!

Good morning. It's so humid here that I can't see out the windows. We had thunder and lightening overnight and just a tiny bit of rain.

Judy, I know what a Levitt home is! I have a large collection of Better Homes and Gardens from the 40s and 50s and there were a few articles about them in those magazines.That's neat!

Mary, my headache was gone yesterday, but I currently have a mild one.. Today I suspect the humidity...or lack of coffee. It's much better than Wednesday though. And I just poured some coffee. Also, thank you for sharing the pattern link. Of course, the last thing I need is more project ideas...but I figure you can never have too many patterns....and I do have all that yarn just hanging around..... :idea Go for it!

I have to work this weekend, so I will be tackling chores this morning and having me time this afternoon. My unit at work is having a picnic tomorrow evening. I'm not sure if we will go, it depends on how my day goes.

I started a new project, (yes, I still have a bazillion UFOs)........

http://littlemonkeyscrochet.com/rustic-slouch-crochet-pattern/

I have a bunch of bulky yarn to use up and I thought one of my daughters would like this hat. I have enough yarn, but it's two different dye lots and there is a noticeable difference. I plan to make the top of the hat out of one skein and the cuff out of the other. Hopefully the color difference will look intentional then.Perfect idea!! People think we're such great designers - when often it's a mistake we just figured out how to work with... :wink 

Guess, I'd better get that to do list taken care of. Have a great day, ladies.

Off for my date with Mr. Eagle. :hook

Archived