Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Cindy, I'm sure you'll do great learning to knit in the round. So sorry your excursion didn't turn out as you hoped.

Cooler here today too, because of the cloud cover - but humid.

Off to work on Mr. Eagle.

Have a good one, my friends!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House!

I'm back but barely.  :morcoffee feeling very tired today but am hoping that the coffee will help.  We worked our tail feathers off last night, managed to get it all done in 2.5 hours.  By the time we got home and had dinner, I was cooked.  Tonight is Craft Night and then my dd has an FFA picnic after, another long day.  Folks always tell me that I must like being busy..I guess they are right, I seem to get more done when I am super busy.  That just sounds strange.   :lol

Judy-Mr. Eagle is coming along nicely, do you have another large project in mind after him?

Cindy-awww sorry to hear that the play was not fabulous but glad that you were off to enjoy the Flea Market.  I haven't been to a market if ages, sounds like fun!  You never know what you will stumble upon.  

Hello to the rest of the house, hope you are all doing well! :ghug

Off to work on paperwork and shrink wrap the new soaps that are fresh out of the mold.   :ghug

Hi House!

I'm back but barely.  :morcoffee feeling very tired today but am hoping that the coffee will help.  We worked our tail feathers off last night, managed to get it all done in 2.5 hours.  By the time we got home and had dinner, I was cooked.  Tonight is Craft Night and then my dd has an FFA picnic after, another long day.  Folks always tell me that I must like being busy..I guess they are right, I seem to get more done when I am super busy.  That just sounds strange.   :lol Not so strange - I've always been that way - esp back in the day when I was highly caffeinated  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl 

Judy-Mr. Eagle is coming along nicely, do you have another large project in mind after him?Not yet...unless I get a request for something I'll be working on little projects for quite a while...after I clean up my yarn closet. Right now it looks like a yarn store barfed in there... :2spin 

Cindy-awww sorry to hear that the play was not fabulous but glad that you were off to enjoy the Flea Market.  I haven't been to a market if ages, sounds like fun!  You never know what you will stumble upon.  

Hello to the rest of the house, hope you are all doing well! :ghug

Off to work on paperwork and shrink wrap the new soaps that are fresh out of the mold.   :ghug

Play nice :lol

Good Morning!  I just looked back and realized I missed a couple of days. ;)   No matter how hard I try to schedule all these appts. with a break in between, it just doesn't always work!  Plus, we had Zachary (aka Zach) most of the day yesterday.  At least it's still cool enough to go to the park and play outside here. :yes

I've read everyone's news and you all sound busy, but good!  We have to be near downtown at 11:30...on the road again. :)

Hi, Mary and everyone!

Went to a wedding shower (brunch) and it was held in a building that had Frank Lloyd Wright written all over it, even though it's not that old. Gorgeous place. Here's one corner of the lodge-like room that I feasted my eyes on as we ate

post-8552-0-93725000-1471638131_thumb.jpg

Judy ~ With a view like that I bet the brunch was incredible!  Mr. Eagle is so beautiful...and so realistic.  Beautiful work!

No crochet time for me today, but we never hit 80* today again and the normal high is 98!  I feel like I'm in another state/country. ;)   Record rain and temps for August make me happy. :)

Heading out for the day as soon as I water the plants and get us together. Seeing our friends at their house for a change!  I always hate leaving the babies, but they're too big to fit in a tote bag....lol! I AM bringing a tote with a couple of skien of nice colors to play with on the one hour ride :D

It'll be squares or a continuous granny - probably squares, though: no blankie on my lap that way!

Later gators! :manyheart

Good Morning, House. :)   Another wonderful rainy, cool day here and everyone is amazed at the weather!  DD was supposed to play in a tennis tournament this morning, but I doubt that is going to happen. 

Judy ~ Enjoy your visit with friends!  I bet you're ready for some smaller projects after working on graph 'ghans for quite a while. :yes

LeeAnn ~ Have you stopped and come up for air yet? ;)  I hope you have a little "me" time this weekend.  :manyheart 

Have a good Saturday, friends. ♥♥♥

Good morning. It's cooler here as well and there is rain in the forecast. Still quite humid though.

Judy, the eagle looks wonderful and the wedding shower venue is gorgeous. Enjoy your visit with your friends.

Mary, your retirement is busier than my working life!

I'm not sure how I will spend the rest of my day. House chores are done, and I don't feel like crafting. Maybe I will read. I suppose there is always decluttering to do......We are going out for dinner tonight as Dh has some errands to run.

Have a great day, ladies.

Here I am!

Good Morning, House. :)   Another wonderful rainy, cool day here and everyone is amazed at the weather!  We're supposed to get cooler and comforfortable weather starting on Monday - have to get through a predicted t/storm tomorrow afternoon first  :P DD was supposed to play in a tennis tournament this morning, but I doubt that is going to happen. Did the rain stop so she could play?

Judy ~ Enjoy your visit with friends!  We had fun! She and I  shopped and the men reminisced while we were gone about their enlistments in different military branches and their early days as NYC cops in the same precinct.I bet you're ready for some smaller projects after working on graph 'ghans for quite a while. :yes Yup. I brought a "go" bag in the car and made some 5 round grannies while sitting there. I have to do something - or I gab too much and distract him :lol 

LeeAnn ~ Have you stopped and come up for air yet? ;)  I hope you have a little "me" time this weekend.  :manyheart

Have a good Saturday, friends. ♥♥♥

Good morning. It's cooler here as well and there is rain in the forecast. Still quite humid though. Monday should have us in the low to mid 80's with much lower humidity! I can't wait!

Judy, the eagle looks wonderful Thanks! and the wedding shower venue is gorgeous. Enjoy your visit with your friends.It was a good visit - but flew by!

Mary, your retirement is busier than my working life!

I'm not sure how I will spend the rest of my day. House chores are done, and I don't feel like crafting. Maybe I will read. I suppose there is always decluttering to do......We are going out for dinner tonight as Dh has some errands to run.

Decluttering or reading...I know what would win in my house :lol  :lol

Hi to everyone else!!

Have a good night my friends.

Well, we spent an hour thus afternoon hunkered down in the basement because of tornadoes. Not fun, but thankfully no lives lost as far as I know. I crocheted while dh listened to the weather.

No decluttering got done in my house. We ended up getting pizza for dinner since dh decided his errands could wait until Monday. He has a funeral to go to., a friends mother passed away yesterday. I have to work, so I can't go.

Hi all

Had a lovely time at a bar b q this afternoon with some good friends. It was a ladies day!!!. One of my friends invited me to stay at her place when im off in sept. I will be going to boston for 3 days over labor day weekend and come home elther tuesday or wednesday. Ill be heading to my friends house thursday of that week after seeing ryan and robbie off on their first day of kindergarten and preschool and stay there until saturday. She is retired now and moved into a lovely over 55 community not far from the beaches and bay. Im looking forward to it

Tomorrow we are all having a photo shoot at a park by my DDs. she wants a family pic with the grandparents. We are all wearing white shirts and kahaki bottoms. Hopefully the t storms hold off.

Judy. The graohghan is lovely!!!! Glad you had a nice visit with friends.

Cindy. Tornadoes scare me. Luckily, we don't get many here in nj at all. i did hear hurricanes my be an issue this year. Fingers crossed. Sandy was bad enough

Mary. Did you get any crochet time?

Marlene, leeann, Michelle....hooe you had a nice Saturday!!!

One more row to knit on Charlies blanket, then i can bind off !!! YAY!!!!

Morning peeps!

Well, we spent an hour thus afternoon hunkered down in the basement because of tornadoes. Not fun, but thankfully no lives lost as far as I know. I crocheted while dh listened to the weather.Yikes!! Does that happen often where you are??

No decluttering got done in my house. We ended up getting pizza for dinner since dh decided his errands could wait until Monday. He has a funeral to go to., a friends mother passed away yesterday. I have to work, so I can't go.

At least you got some crocheting done...

Hi all
Had a lovely time at a bar b q this afternoon with some good friends. It was a ladies day!!!. One of my friends invited me to stay at her place when im off in sept. I will be going to boston for 3 days over labor day weekend and come home elther tuesday or wednesday. Ill be heading to my friends house thursday of that week after seeing ryan and robbie off on their first day of kindergarten and preschool and stay there until saturday. She is retired now and moved into a lovely over 55 community not far from the beaches and bay. Im looking forward to itIt all sounds like such fun!

Tomorrow we are all having a photo shoot at a park by my DDs. she wants a family pic with the grandparents. We are all wearing white shirts and kahaki bottoms. Hopefully the t storms hold off.Fingers crossed!!

Judy. The graohghan is lovely!!!! Glad you had a nice visit with friends.Thanks!

Cindy. Tornadoes scare me. Luckily, we don't get many here in nj at all. i did hear hurricanes my be an issue this year. Fingers crossed. Sandy was bad enough

Mary. Did you get any crochet time?

Marlene, leeann, Michelle....hooe you had a nice Saturday!!!

One more row to knit on Charlies blanket, then i can bind off !!! YAY!!!! :clap  :cheer

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning. Another cool, pretty day here. Our predicted high is 72. Judy, tornadoes aren't that common here, although tornado watche are this is the second actual sighting this summer, and two different ones were spotted.

No big plans here today. Church this morning, and DD is coming for lunch. I will likely crochet or read in my spare time.

Joanne, hope that photo shoot goes well.

Hi everyone. :)

Joanne ~ Charlie's blankie is wonderful!  :c9   That is such a great pattern and your knitting is so nice.  Have a good time with the kids today!

Judy ~ Your visit with friends sounds like fun.  Years ago, a vet told me that dogs have no concept of time...I don't believe it. Lol  If I'm 5 minutes late feeding Gracie, she is moving her food dish around and talking to me. :lol   Although when we have to leave her for a long time, she's just fine when we get home. :)

Cindy ~ Oh, I'm glad you escaped the worst of the weather!  Very few homes in Texas are built with basements...sure wish we had one!

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

DD's hubby and the boys came over yesterday for several hours.  The house was being shown twice and they needed a place to go...so glad they came over!  SIL works long hours so we don't see him as often...such a special guy. :)  The tennis tournament was rescheduled for mid-afternoon, so DD got to play after all. 

Have a good Sunday, friends.

Great blanket, Joanne! You've really gotten good at knitting. So happy the photo shoot went well!

Cindy, we're getting the low 80's tomorrow and low humidity! Storms are working their way through as I type this.

Mary, it's wonderful that you like your SIL so much. The grandkids see that, too and feel so secure in their family! When we got time the dogs went out with me and then proceeded to empty their water bowl! They must have slept the entire day away!

Mr. Eagle is beginning to land! I have officially retired the graph - for good, I hope :lol    The rest of it will consist of about 10 rows of the beige background, otherwise the white head will be too close to the border for my liking. And then the border. 

Have a good night, everyone!

Good morning. It's downright chilly here today, in the mud 50s when I got up. What a change! I like fall like weather, except that this drastic change is giving me headaches. (At least I think that's what is causing them.)

I'm on call for work, but I already know that I won't be needed before 11. A friends mother died on Friday and the funeral is at 11 this morning. Dh will go even if I can't.

I'm making progress on that hat I started last week. It's slow going as my hands start to hurt after a while. I haven't done any crocheting or knitting to speak of in months, so I'm hoping they just need to get used to the motions again.

Joanne, Charlie's blanket is really nice. Are you knitting another one for another grandson?

Judy,mint sounds like Mr. Eagle is in the home stretch. I bet you are ready for him to be finished.

Hi Ladies. :)

Judy ~ Wow!  You are so close to finishing! :cheer  

Cindy ~ Looking forward to seeing the hat. :yes   Temps in the 50s sound heavenly!

Hi Joanne and the rest of the house. :)

I had a follow up with the oral surgeon this morning.  He wants to recheck in a month and then will turn be back over to our regular dentist for the crowns.  This whole implant process started last October. Lol

Have a good Monday, everyone. :manyheart

Morning peeps!

60 degrees this morning and very low humidity!!! A breath of cool air came through last evening on the strong Northwest winds - from your neck of the woods, Cindy, I think ;)

Good morning. It's downright chilly here today, in the mud 50s when I got up. What a change! I like fall like weather, except that this drastic change is giving me headaches. (At least I think that's what is causing them.)Something in the fresh air I think - we had windows open last night and have been sneezing!

I'm on call for work, but I already know that I won't be needed before 11. A friends mother died on Friday and the funeral is at 11 this morning. Dh will go even if I can't.

I'm making progress on that hat I started last week. It's slow going as my hands start to hurt after a while. I haven't done any crocheting or knitting to speak of in months, so I'm hoping they just need to get used to the motions again.I hope so! When I do too much work on Mr.Eagle my hands hurt - sc with Caron Pounders are what does it for me.

Joanne, Charlie's blanket is really nice. Are you knitting another one for another grandson?

Judy,mint sounds like Mr. Eagle is in the home stretch. I bet you are ready for him to be finished.Most definitely! I love my friend - but I'm done with big projects for a while. I wouldn't mind just finishing my simple grannies that were my go project for the car - pretty colors in that one. The neutrals in these last two khans were kind of boring. 

Hi Ladies. :)

Judy ~ Wow!  You are so close to finishing! :cheer  Yup! It's downstairs now, since I can work on it without worrying about distractions,

Cindy ~ Looking forward to seeing the hat. :yes   Temps in the 50s sound heavenly!

Hi Joanne and the rest of the house. :)

I had a follow up with the oral surgeon this morning.  He wants to recheck in a month and then will turn be back over to our regular dentist for the crowns.  This whole implant process started last October. Lol

Have a good Monday, everyone. :manyheart

Mary, I know you can't wait to be done with the dentist - you must be sending his first born to college now.....

Have a great day my friends!

Good Morning!  Our rain is gone for now and the heat is coming back, but we've had a wonderful week of cooler temps! 

Judy and Cindy ~ Your weather sounds great! 

Judy ~ Yes, you've been doing a lot of single crochet lately. ;)  I know you've got to be ready for something that takes less concentration, too. :yes

Well, another fun day...eye doctor visit for me.  It's been way too long. 

I hope everyone is okay and having a good week! :manyheart

Top of the morning House!

Judy-I'm betting that Mr. Eagle will be ready to fly by the end of the week.  Sc crocheting hurts my wrists like no other as do the stiffer yarns.  The Caron Simply Soft seems to glide off the hook for me, it is my personal favorite.  

Mary-hoping that your dental appointments are done for awhile and that your eye dr appointment goes well.  

Joanne-bet you are all excited to see the new family pictures.  Charlie's afghan is stunning!  You finished it super fast!

Cindy-it is cooling down here in Southern CO too, it is 48F and colder at night, so not ready for the long winter months.  The rain and T storms give me the worst headaches, hoping that you feel better soon.

Hello to the rest of the house!  This weekend was another busy one, cooking and freezing meals is hard work..goodness!  I am going to slow down a bit as my arms/wrists can't take it.  But I did manage to finish my knit socks, so happy with the way that they fit, super comfy!

Off to paper land, hugs and warmest of wishes!

Top of the morning House!

Judy-I'm betting that Mr. Eagle will be ready to fly by the end of the week.  I think so.Sc crocheting hurts my wrists like no other as do the stiffer yarns.  The Caron Simply Soft seems to glide off the hook for me, it is my personal favorite.  Do you have a problem with SS splitting? I like working with it too - esp because of the colors and the drape.

Mary-hoping that your dental appointments are done for awhile and that your eye dr appointment goes well.  

Joanne-bet you are all excited to see the new family pictures.  Charlie's afghan is stunning!  You finished it super fast!

Cindy-it is cooling down here in Southern CO too, it is 48F and colder at night, so not ready for the long winter months.  The rain and T storms give me the worst headaches, hoping that you feel better soon.

Hello to the rest of the house!  This weekend was another busy one, cooking and freezing meals is hard work..goodness!  I am going to slow down a bit as my arms/wrists can't take it.  But I did manage to finish my knit socks, so happy with the way that they fit, super comfy!

Off to paper land, hugs and warmest of wishes!

Archived