Our House Part Two

JulieKay

OOOH I LOVE that sweater!!!! Love everything about it- the color, the shape--and the beautiful stitches!!!!

Today is dipping down to 0 tonight- luckily the roads were ok this morning-- Had a very busy day at work- but I am heading to craft club tonight- haven't been in a few weeks, between snow, cold and President's day--

Have a good night- will try and catch up tomorrow......

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was -14 when I left for work this morning!!! I took a blanket with me to cover my legs. I started the Blazer 10 minutes early, but it never really warmed up. Dh told me I should have taken the jeep for the heated seats. I have to work again tomorrow, but it's supposed to snow, so I will likelybtake the Blazer again. I'd rather drive what I'm used to in the snow,

I had a very busy day at work, but I enjoyed it. It was good to go home though!

Mary, hope your ice melts quickly. That has to be a big deal down there. Luke has the right idea....cake is for grown ups,mfrosting is for kids!

Joanne, enjoy craft club.

Judy, that's the trouble with crocheting afghans......pretty soon everyone you know has all the blankets they need...lucky for us, there's always a place that will take our creations.

Marlene, are you safely back in Texas?

Linda, hope your move went well.

Joy is still on the sick list today so the move never happened yesterday.  It takes nothing at all to exhaust her.

Tabby, your sweater is totally awesome.  I love the style and the colors.

Mary, Luke's requests sound adorable.  Frosting is for the young at heart, too.

While I was at Physical Therapy today, the therapist said he thinks the rotator cuff is okay, because the exercise I had just done correctly is one that people with a tear can't do at all.  Yay!  That is the first good news on that front from anyone.

Hi Ladies,

I finally arrived back to Texas yesterday shortly after noon. We spent the night at hubby's sister house and came home this morning. I was so ready to get home. There's no place like home. Saturday I spent six hours at the airport and never left only to go back to DD's house for about 30 minutes then on are way to a hotel in Chicago. My plane trip to Baltimore was cancelled after we all got on the airplane. Many disappointed people. I spent two hours in line (I never had this happen before) to see what my options were. They told me they didn't know when they could get me out this week from Grand Rapids. So they gave me the option of Chicago Midway airport or Detroit. I took Chicago as I could fly and get to Texas around noon instead midnight. I first had to clear everything with DD. Luckily she had sunday off so everything worked out. And I had another night with Maya. I met a really nice lady on the plane ride from Atlanta to Texas. She was headed to Phoenix for her MIL's memorial service. Her hubby was already there.

Mary, How scary for you and DH to have that happen. I'm glad he was diagnosed and you will be seeing a neurologist. How cute of Luke to want you to make another cake with his favorites and him wanting more frosting. Happy Birthday to your DH! Mine has his on the 6th and its big 65th.

Joanne, Congratulations to DD! What a great accomplishment for her! You have some great neighbors!

Cindy, That's a great friend you have at the car dealership. If everyone could test drive a car for a week would be awesome.

Judy, Can't wait to see your new afghan. My flag afghan is growing. It's going to be cold here this week so it will keep me warm while working on it. They have already sold 200.00 in raffle tickets for it.

Tabby, That is a beautiful sweater. I love it too!

Hubby's sister here in Texas is having some health issues. She's been having mini strokes and they don't know why. She has been driving home twice and felt like she was lost. Once a cop came upon her, she thought she was at the mall and she was at the gas station on the other side of the highway. He asked her if she knew where she was and she didn't. He asked for her cell phone and she uses ice (in case of emergency) and he called her daughter Sherry and she went and got her. She was a couple hours late getting home. All she remembers is she didn't feel good so she left work to go home. She's had her heart checked out and they haven't found anything. They ran a brain scan and she has something wrong on the right front of her brain. I told her she shouldn't be driving. She don't have to her husband could take her to work. She said she is going to quite work in May. But that don't help her now. Her daughter wants her to go to a new neurologist. We told her she needs to go to the doctor with her mom to.

Have a safe warm day tomorrow!

Good morning ladies. On call for work. Still very cold here. A couple of our grandsons are coming over this morning. (Dh will be here if I have to go to work.)

Marlene, glad you made it back to Texas, even if it took a lot of doing. Hope you are enjoying some good weather. It sure sounds like your sil needs to give up driving and see Her doctor. Hope they can figure out what's wrong and do something for her. And no wonder ticket sales for your afghan are doing so well. Everyone has seen your work and they know it will be beautiful.

Morning peeps!

It is cold out there! I just put more clothes on...DH never goes out in the yard; I do all the clean up, playing in the snow, all that. I will not complain, though - Summer will be here before you know it - that's my complaining season. :lol

Hello all.

Thanks for the picture tips, Judy. =)

Here is my sweater..........

So glad you gave it a try.

Your sweater is absolutely gorgeous!! The colorway, the stitchwork - all of it!! You are one very talented young lady!

It was -14 when I left for work this morning!!! I took a blanket with me to cover my legs. I started the Blazer 10 minutes early, but it never really warmed up. Dh told me I should have taken the jeep for the heated seats. I have to work again tomorrow, but it's supposed to snow, so I will likelybtake the Blazer again. I'd rather drive what I'm used to in the snow,I'm like that, too - love my '05 Matrix.

I had a very busy day at work, but I enjoyed it. It was good to go home though!

Mary, hope your ice melts quickly. That has to be a big deal down there. Luke has the right idea....cake is for grown ups,mfrosting is for kids!

Joanne, enjoy craft club.

Judy, that's the trouble with crocheting afghans......pretty soon everyone you know has all the blankets they need...lucky for us, there's always a place that will take our creations.Yup - plus my color choices can be eclectic...loL! Who do you donate to?

Marlene, are you safely back in Texas?

Linda, hope your move went well.

Joy is still on the sick list today so the move never happened yesterday.  It takes nothing at all to exhaust her.I hope she gets better quickly,

Tabby, your sweater is totally awesome.  I love the style and the colors.

Mary, Luke's requests sound adorable.  Frosting is for the young at heart, too.

While I was at Physical Therapy today, the therapist said he thinks the rotator cuff is okay, because the exercise I had just done correctly is one that people with a tear can't do at all.  Yay!  That is the first good news on that front from anyone.Excellent news! 

Mary, How scary for you and DH to have that happen. I'm glad he was diagnosed and you will be seeing a neurologist. How cute of Luke to want you to make another cake with his favorites and him wanting more frosting. Happy Birthday to your DH! Mine has his on the 6th and its big 65th.

Joanne, Congratulations to DD! What a great accomplishment for her! You have some great neighbors!

Cindy, That's a great friend you have at the car dealership. If everyone could test drive a car for a week would be awesome.

Judy, Can't wait to see your new afghan. My flag afghan is growing. It's going to be cold here this week so it will keep me warm while working on it. They have already sold 200.00 in raffle tickets for it.

Fantastic! Can't wait to see it.

Tabby, That is a beautiful sweater. I love it too!

Hubby's sister here in Texas is having some health issues. She's been having mini strokes and they don't know why. She has been driving home twice and felt like she was lost. Once a cop came upon her, she thought she was at the mall and she was at the gas station on the other side of the highway. He asked her if she knew where she was and she didn't. He asked for her cell phone and she uses ice (in case of emergency) and he called her daughter Sherry and she went and got her. She was a couple hours late getting home. All she remembers is she didn't feel good so she left work to go home. She's had her heart checked out and they haven't found anything. They ran a brain scan and she has something wrong on the right front of her brain. I told her she shouldn't be driving. She don't have to her husband could take her to work. She said she is going to quite work in May. But that don't help her now. Her daughter wants her to go to a new neurologist. We told her she needs to go to the doctor with her mom to.

Have a safe warm day tomorrow!

Good morning ladies. On call for work. Still very cold here. A couple of our grandsons are coming over this morning. (Dh will be here if I have to go to work.)

Marlene, glad you made it back to Texas, even if it took a lot of doing. Hope you are enjoying some good weather. It sure sounds like your sil needs to give up driving and see Her doctor. Hope they can figure out what's wrong and do something for her. And no wonder ticket sales for your afghan are doing so well. Everyone has seen your work and they know it will be beautiful.

Have fun with the kiddos!

Off to get the pups nails clipped - need it depserately!

Thanks ladies. The sweater pattern is a free pattern on ravelry.....I believe it is called the chevron sweater. You make it from the neck down, so you can try it on throughout the process for a comfy fit. =)

I just spent over 3 hours organizing and cleaning my yarn vomit to make it accessible & usable. Sooo......I am heading off to my recliner for a little relaxing time. 

Have a great day.

DD has been feeling much better and went to work today.  Unfortunately, she had to come home early as GS got sick at school with what she had.  What do you think the odds are that I'll miss out on it?  I'm thinking fair to poor, but I've got my fingers crossed. 

The shoulder is really painful today.  Sigh!  If it isn't one thing it's another.  The therapist really gave it a workout yesterday, so that's probably why.  The focus tomorrow will be the hip.

I've been reading and playing Suduko today.  I'm the only one still awake.

Sweet Pea is doing a lot better, so it looks like what she did to her leg this time was a lot more minor  than last time.  Thank goodness.

Marlene, I'm glad you got home safe and sound.  Your flag afghan sounds like it will be beautiful.  Can't wait to see pictures of it.  Saying a prayer for your SIL.  That's scary.  She really should not be driving until they figure out what is going on.  If there's something not right in her brain, that needs to get looked at sooner rather than later.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Sorry your having the pain in your shoulder, but with pt pain is gain. Hope DGS isn't sick to long. Hope you don't get it to.

Cindy, We barely made into the 40's today. Warmer than what the rest of you are getting, but I don't like it.

I did some cleaning today, some crocheting and had to figure out why DH couldn't get his playstation connected to the internet as the computer would. He plays online with our grandson Zack and Zack's dad. I have either some sinus or cold coming on. Tomorrow we are taking valentine's decorations down and putting St.Patrick's Day up.

Hope everyone has a warm wednesday!

morning, peeps!

I'm going to finish the border on my Cosy pattern throw today - and will look for a simple crochet project for my car ride to Syracuse tomorrow, for goddaughter's concert. It'll either be saltines or the Jasie pattern. Either one can be done while I talk to her mom...loL!

Later, gators.

It looks like it's going to be an interesting day today.  They just announced that GS's school is letting out 2 hours early and that everything for the afternoon and evening has been cancelled as well.  I knew we were to maybe get some snow, but it sounds like it's going to be a royal mess by early to mid afternoon and on through the night.  I told my friend to stay home, that I'd get myself to PT.  I just have about 8 or 9 blocks to go from here, while she's got a whole lot more than that just to get to me.  Tomorrow is anybody's guess. 

GS is still home sick.  Running a temp and all stuffed up.  Hasn't eaten much of anything since coming home from school yesterday, which is very unusual for him. He's very tired and sleeping a lot.  Poor kid.

Wow, Linda - your first winter there is turning into a monster! Hugs to DGS....

...I decided, with some input...to bring Jasie with me tomorrow. Hopefully that one will be a finish before long.

The border on Cosy is nearly done. I should get a pic before it get's dark tonight - if not, I'll have to wait. The colors really don't show up well.

Judy, you are right about this winter really letting me know what winter means in Iowa.  :flake It was snowing by 11:00 which is when I noticed it, but it had been going on for a while.  At that point it was very fine stuff but we had 1/2 an inch at least.  By 12:30 the flakes were a lot bigger and the wind started kicking up.  By the time I got out to go to therapy we had at least 2 inches and by the time I was done it was at least 3 inches.  I had to gas up the car as I was running on fumes and then came straight home.  Oh, man am I cold.  :wcold   The snow is coming down at a 45 to 60 degree angle due to the wind.  All the streets are a mess, but everyone seems to be driving carefully and slowly.  :no   There were a lot of other people getting gas when and where I did with a plow trying to keep the pumps open to traffic.

GS was sound asleep when I left and didn't wake up until after I got back.

Take care everyone.  :hug 

Morning peeps!

Linda, it sounds like people in Iowa know how to drive in the stuff. Stay warm and cosy!

I'll be getting myself together soon to head out on my "road trip". Warm weather gear is the order of the day...I'm sure I'll be grateful for it even in the car.

Have a great day my friends and will check in in a day or so.

Good morning ladies. Still very cold here, but I have to go out in it. Grocery shopping beckons! We are out of milk, eggs and coffee cream. Then a bit of housework, and more work on the kitchen. Work tomorrow, a fund raiser dinner in the evening. Saturday is family day at the nursing home, and we have dinner plans again. We will also have a house guest for the next week or so. Next week will be quieter, I think.

Last evening Lowes called to tell us our cabinet order hadn't gone through. DH will be going in today to fix that. All I can say is that they had better honor all those discounts.

Judy, enjoy your trip.

Marlene, I will take 40 degrees!

Linda, sure hope ds feels better soon and that you do not get it!

Just got home from PT.  I see the orthopedist on Monday in the morning.  Then we'll see what she says about my progress.  The shoulder is doing better, but it has a long way to go to get back to normal.

We ended up with 5 or 6 inches of snow yesterday.  Today is to be warm and then tomorrow is back in the deep freeze and more snow on Sunday.  Yikes!

GS is still home but much, much better.   He'll  probably be back in school tomorrow, assuming that there is school tomorrow.  Who knows with the temps forecasted to be so low if there will even be school.

I think everywhere is having a rough winter this year.  Everyone take care.

Hi Ladies,

Another cold spell coming in here tomorrow. Not as cold but not where it should be. We a golf cart parade today. There was only 9 decorated carts. It was fun to watch. If I would of been here last week I would of decorated are cart. I wanted to make a paper mache statue of liberty. I was going to use a tomato cage and wrap it. I would of used a solar light in the hand, if I could of figured out how to do those. Maybe next time. They don't do it every year.

We have a ladies luncheon tomorrow. I'll see how I feel if I go or not. Head is all stuffed up.

Judy, Safe travels!

Linda, I hope DGS is feeling much better tomorrow.

Cindy, I hope DH was able to straighten things out and you still got those discounts.

Have a nice warm friday everyone!

Hi everyone. :flake  We've had a week of snow, sleet, ice, freezing rain...the roads were better Tuesday and yesterday, so we got out for groceries and errands then.  (So many of you drive in worse conditions all the time, but everything just shuts down here!)  About 4 inches of snow this a.m. with ice underneath!  I decided to do some spring cleaning since we've been stuck here a lot. :lol

I've read all of your posts, but I think I'll just start over from here. ;)  Back to cleaning blinds and laundry.  Have a wonderful day! :manyheart

Happy weekend!!!! So glad I'm home and off for the next 2 days!!!! Knitting tonight. I want to finish DD's blanket. She's coming down on the 14th to celebrate Robbie's birthday. I have to finish his blanket too. No time to spend on the computer. Must get busy.

Have a good night

I'm baaaaack!

Had a wonderful time in Siberia (Syracuse) yesterday, it was a totally full, jam packed day and night, with a wonderful breakfast this morning. We got some great pics of all the snow and the humongous icicles hanging from the eaves of houses!

Cu all tomorrow!

Morning peeps!

Here is my version of Attic24's Cosy ghan. I was running out of one of the blues so decided to stop at throw size. I love the look of this super easy pattern!

post-8552-0-57607400-1425131309_thumb.jpg

Archived