Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Judy ~ Aww, that is going to be loved by a little one.  It looks so soft! :c9It is soft - the Loops and Threads brand from Michaels. It's leftover from a baby ghan I made two years ago - I hope I have enough...if not, another trip to Michaels is in order...loL!

Cindy ~ I'm so glad you're feeling better.♥  You must be thrilled to have the floors done!  I know that dust sifts through everything.

I'm tackling my sewing room this morning. Lol  The yarn is out of control again. :rolleyes

Mary, my yarn closet looks like a yarn store barfed in it! Every time I go looking for something I upend stuff.

Good morning. I'm feeling quite a bit better this morning. My coughing did not keep me awake last night. Also the kitchen floor is done.That's so good to hear!

Joanne, love Robbie's blanket.

Judy, your ripple blanket is really pretty...although I am a bit surprised that you had such a subdued yarn in your stash! :).I had to search for it! It's going pretty fast, so that's good. I want to try to get at least a couple of hats to her too. And yes, I remember the old days, when there were pages of chat nearly every day.

Donna, so glad to hear that your sister got a good report.

Mary, I'm glad it was you sewing those hexagons together and not me!

Linda, glad you are feeling better. We had close to 60 degrees yesterday too. I sat out on the front porch for a while, but ended up going inside because I was getting too hot with the sun shining on me. Still sending good thoughts and prayers for your dgs.

Val, yay for good news from the ortho. Don't overdo the crocheting.

Hi, Jill. Hope you keep visiting with us. Lots of room in the house.

Marlene, I'm sure you have lots of activities lined up for the weekend. Enjoy.

Well, better get started putting what kitchen I still have back together. Still several weeks before new cabinets arrive. I'm going to go pick out paint this afternoon, and we will paint next week. The furniture will have to stay stacked up in the living room, along with the refrigerator until painting is done. No point in moving that stuff more than we have to.

My hubby couldn't live with the upheaval you're dealing with in the kitchen. One reason why he finally caved in and agreed to hire a painter last year! 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, all, for the welcome.  I love to see what everyone else is doing.  Right now I am mainly crocheting prayer shawls for our church's prayer shawl ministry.  I usually post my finished items in the shawl CAL if you wnat to  take a peek.  I will continue to visit to see what is going on in the house. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and all those not feeling well are on the upswing!

Hi, all.  The doctor visit yesterday was basically getting to know each other.  He will be seeing me about once a month.  He gave me some printouts on the relaxing response to try out.  Some of it is similar to techniques I've used before and some of it is new.  Will give it a try.  Some of the mind body stuff has helped in the past and some has been a bust.   We'll see how this variation works.

Some of GS's former teachers threw a bowling party for the class and parents this afternoon.  They included GS and he had a ball seeing everyone.  The alley had bumpers in the gutters so many of the kids and a fair numbers of the parents were playing bumper bowl.  It was a ton of fun to watch.  Clapped my shoulder sore and nearly lost my voice cheering.  Lots of just plain fun.

When we got home my DD gave me a haircut and is now plucking one of her bunnies for its fiber for spinning.  It was hilarious to watch her blowing the dust and dirt out of his coat.  He lets her pluck about so much and then demands more petting, before any more plucking.  His coat is grey with dark face and paws.

Next week is spring break for GS.  He and I will work at moving me gradually back to my place.

I've officially joined 84 hexagons! :cheer  I need to make 11 more, join them and it's on to the border. :D  I started this with DD's master bedroom in mind, but she recently bought all new bedding with totally different colors.

Oh, NO!!!  Wouldn't you know it. :lol 

Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Here's a pic of Robbie's blanket. He and Ryan share a room and this one matches the one I made Ryan for his 2nd birthdayattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Beautiful, Joanne.

The boys will be here Thursday - Sunday and we are not ready for that yet. :lol

I know you'll have a great time with them ready or not.  :manyheart 

Here's a pic of my ripple.

That's going to be lovely, Judy.

Linda, glad you are feeling better. We had close to 60 degrees yesterday too. I sat out on the front porch for a while, but ended up going inside because I was getting too hot with the sun shining on me. Still sending good thoughts and prayers for your dgs.
Not as warm today, but I sat outside while DD cut my hair.
Val, yay for good news from the ortho. Don't overdo the crocheting.

Hi, Jill. Hope you keep visiting with us. Lots of room in the house.

Well, better get started putting what kitchen I still have back together. Still several weeks before new cabinets arrive. I'm going to go pick out paint this afternoon, and we will paint next week. The furniture will have to stay stacked up in the living room, along with the refrigerator until painting is done. No point in moving that stuff more than we have to.

I always enjoyed painting.  Hope it goes quickly for you.  I agree about not moving things back only to have to move them back out for the painting and then back in again. 

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.  :ghug 

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Glad to hear your grandson is doing better with his school. How exciting for him to be included with his other school friends. Just what he needed. You take it easy on moving things back to your apartment.

Judy, So nice of you to help your friends charity out with a baby blanket and some hats. The baby blanket looks soft and cuddly.

Jill, Welcome to Our House! I have been making stars to sew on an american flag afghan that I donated.

Donna, Great news for your sister. I'll be praying things will be good for your other sister to. Don't forget to take care of yourself with all the stuff going on. Your baby dress is beautiful!

Cindy, Yeah for the progress in the kitchen. Good luck with the painting. Hope your feeling much better now.

Val, That's great news no surgery. The ponchos are beautiful!

Joanne, Congrats on finishing Robbie's blanket. DD will understand.

Mary, I'm sure you and hubby have enjoyed your time with the boys. Bummer on the hexagon afghan you were making for DD. I would run into the same problem with my DD.

It's been a busy few days here. We had the pond party and it all went well and everyone had a good time. Today we went to an outdoor craft show not to far away. I bought a bottle of wine and gave it to the couple we went with as I wanted the bottle. It's a dark if not black bottle with a cowboy hat on it and I have been looking for one for a couple of years. I'm going to put lights in it if it's not to dark. We went to lunch with are friends and I used the restroom before we left. I carry my phone in my back pocket and my change purse in my front pocket. My phone usually falls out of my pocket so I started laying it down in the bathroom. Today I forgot it. We must of stood in line for 15 minutes trying to pay so we could leave. We got about 15 miles down the road and I reached for my phone and I didn't have it. There was a mom and daughter in line behind me and my friend after them. My friend said she didn't see when she was in there. So I think the mom and daughter turned it in when they checked out. I called my phone and no one answered. I have location on so if needed it would of found it. But hubby kept calling my phone and when someone answered he gave me the phone and the restaurant had it and told me someone found it and turned it in. I was happy to hear that. When I went to the store I bought me a thin purse that will hold my change purse, glasses and my phone.

Are weather has warmed up and we all are only hoping it will stay now. Are cold weather has lasted much longer than any other year and it's getting close to going home.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Good morning and happy Ides of March!! And happy 2nd birthday to my precious GS Robbie!! LOL

We had a wonderful day yesterday---so happy that I got to spend the day with all 3 daughters as we celebrated Robbie's birthday! :c9

My DD arrived from Boston around 12:35 and then we headed to the party- my middle DD got there around 4- she was doing an art installation with her students at the HS where she teaches until 3--she showed us pics- what amazing artwork!  Robbie loved his blanket and said, 'like Ryan's"  :) We ended up staying until around 10:30 so the sisters could have some time together---all in all a great day! I dropped DD off at the train station at 9 this morning so she's on her way back to Boston....hate these quick turn around trips- but oh so happy she came down!!! :yes She loves the blanket I'm making her and said whenever it gets done, is fine--

So today, I'll have to play catch up on the cleaning and laundry and then we are meeting for dinner out to celebrate Robbie's official birthday! So at least, no cooking for me!!!

Better get started on what needs to be done. Have a good day everyone!

Flyby! Made a Michaels run already - afraid I was going to run out of yarn. Didn't want a skimpy blanket.

Jill, everyone seems to have their fav place to donate. Do you have a favorite shawl pattern?

Joanne, what a great weekend with family! Enjoy.

Marlene, great news that you found your phone!

Off I go - seeing goddaughter and family before she heads back up to Syracuse this afternoon.

Flyby! Made a Michaels run already - afraid I was going to run out of yarn. Didn't want a skimpy blanket.

Jill, everyone seems to have their fav place to donate. Do you have a favorite shawl pattern?

Joanne, what a great weekend with family! Enjoy. Oh I did!!!!and am!!!! Can't wait to sing hapoy birthday again later!

Marlene, great news that you found your phone!

Off I go - seeing goddaughter and family before she heads back up to Syracuse this afternoon.

. ENjoy the visit , Judy !!!!

Linda, you must have needed the sleep! Does Sweet Pea sleep in if you don't get up?

I had a fun time at Alyson's house.

Hi Ladies,

Today we had an "are you ready for an emergency" information planning meeting. We were given a sheet of paper to fill out what meds we take and such type of things that you store in your freezer or refrigerator. Two red stickers came with it, one for your outside door or window on your door so the emts will see it and it alerts them to go to your refrigerator or freezer according to where you place the second red sticker (they match). They will have all the info they need on you according to how you fill it out. I did find a website if any one is interested in it. It is vialoflife.com. They also made a list of your meds and insurance small enough that it fits right in behind your drivers license.

We have an RN here she is new to the park this year. And turns out she only lives about 10 minutes from me. We have a doctor here and she is new to the park this year. And she is from Michigan. We were talking about doctors and medical stuff and I mentioned about a doctor we had for five years and that when we met him the first time he told us his first love was sports medicine, but he decided to go in family practice instead. That one time when we went to see him he told us he was leaving and going to sports medicine. She asked me if his name was Dr. Waterson and I said yes it was and what a great doctor he was. And that I just couldn't say enough good things about him. And she said he worked under her for his first year. It's a small world. He I know he got his bedside manners from her. He's as gentle as she is. She did well and if all doctors that were ever trained under her take after her there has to be a lot of wonderful doctors out there.

We also had the opportunity to order these wraps that wrap around your seatbelt. It contains your emergency info in also. I order one for hubby for his truck and one for his motorcycle helmet.

We were given a sheet on what to look for in case someone is having a stroke.

A sheet on foods your pets shouldn't eat and a sheet on meds that you can give your pets that humans take.

We had a bigger turnout then we thought we would. It was great.

I'm going to make copies before I fill it out as I want are kids to have this info to. They said even if you don't take any meds that is a plus for the emts and the hospital to know. I know that for certain as hubby was stung on the golf course by a bee on the neck near the jugular vein and he was allergic to it. I wasn't home, the neighbor took him to er. They wouldn't even treat him with benadryl because he didn't know what all meds he took. Since that day he has always had a list of his meds in his wallet.

The RN said women should strap the seat belt around your purse strap to as many times when your in an accident your purse will go flying.

Have a nice monday everyone!

Morning peeps.

Marlene, I always carry a list of my meds in my wallet too. Your meeting sounds like something that should be done everywhere!

So...I now have more than enough of baby blue yarn...lol!

Have a good day my friends...

Hi everyone. :)

Marlene ~ Thank you for sharing the info from your meeting!  We do some of those, but not all.  I'm glad you got your phone back. :yes

Judy ~ How is the ripple 'ghan coming along?  It's so much better to have too much yarn, than not enough. :)

Linda ~ Have you and GS started moving?  I hope your weather is good this week!

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds great! 

Hi to everyone I've missed. :manyheart

Just the usual cleaning and laundry today.  Yesterday we ran a few errands and met friends for brunch...my favorite meal. ;) 

5 more hexagons to go!  Have a good evening, friends. ♥♥♥

Hi ladies. I had a quiet day at work for a change and was able to get caught up on some required education. I did a little more sawdust cleanup when I got home. That dust is everywhere.

It was a warm springlike day here today, and I spent a little time outside when I got home. It's mud season around here. Sophie is a mess when she comes in.

Marlene, it sounds like you got lots of good information at that meeting. I'm glad you found your phone back. My mil has misplaced hers several times since she moved to the nursing home. Luckily it has her name on it. My sister in law finally bought her a very small cross body pouch so she can keep track of it.

Have a good evening, friends.

Mary, the ripple is coming along.my guess is it's very close to being halfway done. The fundraiser isn't till after Easter sometime.

Cindy, I know about that mud...we think of this time of year as the doggie smell time of year...lol!

Have a good night my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Next time your visiting or your DH have them make sure the location services is on, on her phone. So if its lost somewhere in the building it could be tracked down with the help of att or her phone company. That would of been my next plan if it wasn't turned in. It is located under settings, go to privacy. That's for an i phone 4. I don't know if phone come with it on automatically or not.

Laundry, a run to the store then I went to the jam session. Today was a last one. Not sure why we quit it early but it is about 3 weeks early for us. I have 30 out of 50 stars done. There won't be any crocheting tomorrow as we do a St. Patrick's Day dinner. Corn beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions, dinner rolls, dessert and coffee, tea or punch. Then after dinner we play inside baseball states against the states.

Our granddaughter Karli seen a butterfly photo prop that was crocheted. She asked me if I could make it. I ordered it and it came today. I thought I would get a pattern and then have to make it but I misunderstood that and they send you the outfit. It's really cute, but it came and it was dirty. Hubby brought me the mail as I was starting laundry so I through it in the washer. It came out really well. It came from China and the yarn feels like redheart yarn. I went and read the reviews and no one else reported a problem like that so I don't what is up with it. But I did send them a message. I opened the package and it was inside a clear plastic bag.

We are to get some rain every day this week, but at least it's not going to rain all day even though we need it.

Hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

I again.  The PT therapist was very pleased with my progress again today.  She did manage to find a number of exercises that gave me fits, but that's usual.  My hip was slightly out of joint and she put it back in again.

GS and I took care of each other today.  Didn't do anything about moving me back, but had a good time.

Tomorrow is a trip to Sam's Club and the Ortho doctor in the afternoon.

Linda, you must have needed the sleep! Does Sweet Pea sleep in if you don't get up?  Usually she sleeps in when we're at home.  Not so much here.  If someone is up so is she.

I had a fun time at Alyson's house.

Hi ladies. I had a quiet day at work for a change and was able to get caught up on some required education. I did a little more sawdust cleanup when I got home. That dust is everywhere.
Sawdust does seem to get just everywhere no matter what you do.
It was a warm springlike day here today, and I spent a little time outside when I got home. It's mud season around here. Sophie is a mess when she comes in.

Marlene, it sounds like you got lots of good information at that meeting. I'm glad you found your phone back. My mil has misplaced hers several times since she moved to the nursing home. Luckily it has her name on it. My sister in law finally bought her a very small cross body pouch so she can keep track of it.

Have a good evening, friends.

Marlene, you got a lot of good suggestions at your meeting.  Thanks for sharing them with us.  I used to have a list of my meds in my billfold but I don't any more.  Time to remedy that.

Have a good evening.

Happy st Patricks day. We had a brunch at work today. Everyone brought in something. My fav was the Irish soda bread that my Irish ( born and raised) friend made!!! YUM.

Nit much going in here other than I'm trying to get the knit blanket done. I took it to craft club last night and I probably have about 8 or so more rows, then bind off. I also started a crochet shawl. And still have the knit socks to get back to. Too many projects i want to do, too little time.

Hope you all had a good day!!!

Hi ladies. Another quiet day at work today. I'm off for the next two days.

Joanne and Judy, I just read that residents of the east coast, as far south as New Jersey may be able to see the Northern lights either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Still not crafting much here. Too much cleaning to do!

I haven't slept well the past few nights so it will be an early night for me.

Hi, all.  The ortho doc was pleased with my progress.  I don't have to see her again.  She agrees with the physical therapist that the rotator cuff did NOT tear.  Yay!!!  So it's just the long slow process of getting all the muscles and ligaments in the shoulder regaining their strength.  But it's getting steadily better.

The temps dropped 30 degrees overnight.  Ouch!  We went from a high of 80 yesterday to a high of 50 today.  That was a real shock to my system.  Overdid a bit so I'm tired tonight.

Happy St. Patrick's day to you all.

Have a good night and good day tomorrow.

Hi, peeps!

Hi, all.  The ortho doc was pleased with my progress.  I don't have to see her again.  She agrees with the physical therapist that the rotator cuff did NOT tear.  Yay!!!  So it's just the long slow process of getting all the muscles and ligaments in the shoulder regaining their strength.  But it's getting steadily better.

What terrific news!

The temps dropped 30 degrees overnight.  Ouch!  We went from a high of 80 yesterday to a high of 50 today.  That was a real shock to my system.  Overdid a bit so I'm tired tonight.

Happy St. Patrick's day to you all.

Have a good night and good day tomorrow.

Happy st Patricks day. We had a brunch at work today. Everyone brought in something. My fav was the Irish soda bread that my Irish ( born and raised) friend made!!! YUM.

Nit much going in here other than I'm trying to get the knit blanket done. I took it to craft club last night and I probably have about 8 or so more rows, then bind off. I also started a crochet shawl. And still have the knit socks to get back to. Too many projects i want to do, too little time.

Hope you all had a good day!!!

Joanne, even though my "only" job is here at home, I still don't have enough "me" time to get my projects worked on! Yesterday Sparkie had his annual vet visit and he was a velcro dog the entire rest of the day! Males...of any species...seem to be like that...loL!

Hi ladies. Another quiet day at work today. I'm off for the next two days.

Joanne and Judy, I just read that residents of the east coast, as far south as New Jersey may be able to see the Northern lights either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Still not crafting much here. Too much cleaning to do!

I haven't slept well the past few nights so it will be an early night for me.

I don't think we are north enough - at least I didn't see anything last night when I looked up at the gorgeous stars...

Cindy, I think that time change still has everyone I know whacked out. Trouble getting to sleep at night, staing asleep - and then wanting to sleep in come morning!

Have a good day my friends.

I'm about 3/4 finished with the baby boy ripple.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Great news from the doctor. Have a fun week with DGS this week on his spring break.

Hi to the rest of the house. We had are St. Patrick's meal and it was delicious. Just not enough cabbage for the cooks as she let the ones who wanted extra veggies come and get more. Plenty of potatoes, onions and carrots though. We played indoor baseball. We play it with bean bags and throw it at a wooden stand that has holes cut out of it and they are marked home run in the center, 3 bases above and below home base, 1 base in the bottom corners, foul in the middle between 1 base, 2 bases at the center of the board and outs on the top outside corners. We had 6 teams of 6 players. My team played 3 different times sending us into the playoffs. We lost the playoff. But we all had so much fun! I got 2 home runs, 2 three bases, 2 single bases and a couple of outs, maybe more times up I don't remember. I told a friend from Michigan she better call the tigers today as I needed to sign up to play baseball with the tigers. We all laughed.

Today we at crafts we made these ball lights called sparkle lights. There made out of 9 oz plastic cups, a string of at least 50 Christmas lights. And a special stapler we had to order from amazon. They all turned out really cute. I have a picture on my phone. I'll see if I can get in on it either later tonight or tomorrow as I'm off to play cards shortly. Have a good thursday everyone!

Just a few minutes to pop in and say hello, It was so nice here the last two days but today has been cool and breezy.  I so love Spring weather.  Hubby has been working and I've been crocheting, finally got the dress finished a few days ago and have started another.  

Marlene, the ball game sounds so much fin, I'll have to remember that when my older grands are here.  I love the info. you shared from your meeting, will be a help for me as well, thanks.  So glad you found your phone!

Cindy, I hope you are sleeping better.  Insomnia is something I have dealt with all my life and it's no fun I know.  I had to look up pictures of the Northern lights and wow, so beautiful!  My dog babies have been muddy lately too, That means more baths, I can't stand the doggy smell lol.  I'm happy to hear the kitchen is progressing well.

Linda, I'm thrilled to hear of your good report, I know the healing process is slow and it's easy to get discouraged, but you're doing awesome!  

Hi Valerie, I lose my post a lot too and get at a loss of what to say.  Hope you are doing well.

Jill, You don't live too far from me, just a hour or two away.  I love the idea of the prayer shawl ministry, we need something like that at our church.

Judy, I love the ripple blanket, I'll have to look that up and give it a try sometime soon.

Mary, I would never get that many hexigons together, much less made, congratulations!

Mary and Judy, I just only wish my yarn stash was like that, I struggle to have yarn to make projects.  Being out of work for so long, with no pay, it's a gift to be able to buy some.

Hubby has been sick, he has COPD and for some reason Spring makes him have horrible attacks.  He's been to the doctor twice with it and seems to be improving now.  My sister Cheryl, who has cancer is doing good, her scan showed changes in only one node, so thankful for all your prayers!  My sister Brenda with the kidney failure still hasn't heard anything from her test.  She is feeling okay and in good spirits.  I'm just hanging in.  Fighting for disability, it's a nightmare.  My doctory at Emory is the assistant professor of medicine and gives me a letter stating I can't work due to my heart condition and fainting, and I get turned down anyway.  My heart problems alone make it hard for me to even shower, not counting liver problems and diabetes.  I guess they want me to drive and work and just hope I don't faint while doing it.   :(

Sorry for complaining, hope you all have a great evening and a great Thursday! Hope I didn't miss anyone. 
Editing to add the finished dress.  I love how it turned out.

post-74431-0-96870200-1426728104_thumb.jpg

Archived