Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning, everyone.  I am definitely on the upswing.  Minimal coughing and more energy.  Now just have to remember not to overdue it.  We are having higher than average temps all this week.  I stood in the sunshine yesterday.  The fresh air felt really nice.

Donna, that is a simply adorable little dress!  :cheer   Val, the ponchos are great!  :clap   I especially love the colors you chose.

GS is settling down at school.  He doesn't like being in the "special needs" environment but it is temporary and that keeps him going.  He wants to back with his friends at the regular school.  This is a way for him to get there.  He's been getting good reports from the teachers.

Donna, sending up prayers for your entire family.  You've got a lot going on healthwise.  Hope the reports are encouraging.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the compliments.  

Linda - glad your gs is settling down.  We have warm temps but no sun.

NO surgery!  Pinkie and the gang are free just below the knuckles.  Hopefully, cast will come off in 2 weeks and start pt.

Going to visit my neighbor...will try to crochet when I get back.

Hi everybody, just wanted to let you know I am feeling a bit better. Thanks for the well wishes, it's been a tough go.  I'm so far behind I just thought I'd start anew.  

My sister who has cancer isn't doing very well, she will go for results of CT scan today and we don't expect good news.  My younger sister was diagnosed yesterday with acute kidney failure.  She will be having a round of tests before we know more.  Needless to say, I'm a total wreck with all this going on!

Scary stuff, Donna. Sending you hugs and lots of positive thoughts.

I hope Spring is appearing for everyone, rainy here but 70's are expected for the day, I'll take it!  I'll try my best to stop by tomorrow with updates.  Have a great day!  :manyheart

Valerie, I live in Summerville, my sister in Mableton.  We are close indeed!

I have managed to crochet some, working on a little dress now. 

The dress is so cute!

Well, I haven't started the ATW yet. I got a request for a baby boy blanket and some assorted baby beanies for the Autism fundraiser my nurse neighbor is leading.

She asked nicely so I said "of course." :lol 

The hardest part was deciding what kind of easy pattern for the blankie: Attic24 has the wave blanket pattern, so it was perfect: easy and works with the weight and colors I plucked from stash. I really don't have much in the way of blues...but found Michaels brand of baby yarn in my closet, and it should be just enough.

I never did make it back here last night. I was knitting and then got back to the border on Robbie's blanket. I'm on the last row of the border which is crab stitch. I will finish it tonight. I don't think I'll have my DD's knit blanket done by this weekend but at least she'll see how close I Am to finishing it!!!

Val it's good to see you back here! Good news from the ortho. Were you abke to crochet? Love the ponchos!!!!

Donna. Keeping yiur sisters in my thoughts and prayers

Linda, I'm glad that you are improving and that gs is doing ok. Will you be moving home soon?

Cindy. Sorry it's taking so long to get rid of the bug. The older we get, the slower to heal :-(

Mary, Marlene, Judy. Gotta run, timer is going off

Hi, again.  Just stopping in to see what all had been posted.

Thanks for the compliments.  

Linda - glad your gs is settling down.  We have warm temps but no sun.

NO surgery!  Pinkie and the gang are free just below the knuckles.  Hopefully, cast will come off in 2 weeks and start pt.

Going to visit my neighbor...will try to crochet when I get back.

Hooray!  That's wonderful news, Val.

Popping in to see all the pretties in the house. Donna, the dress is adorable and Valerie, your ponchos are lovely. Thanks for the eye candy!

Hi, Jill.  Come by any time.

I never did make it back here last night. I was knitting and then got back to the border on Robbie's blanket. I'm on the last row of the border which is crab stitch. I will finish it tonight. I don't think I'll have my DD's knit blanket done by this weekend but at least she'll see how close I Am to finishing it!!!

I'm sure DD will love it whenever it gets done.  Little ones have a much harder time waiting.

Val it's good to see you back here! Good news from the ortho. Were you abke to crochet? Love the ponchos!!!!

Donna. Keeping yiur sisters in my thoughts and prayers

Linda, I'm glad that you are improving and that gs is doing ok. Will you be moving home soon?

I don't know for sure.  We'll see how much energy I've got.  Maybe this weekend, and maybe next weekend.  We're taking things one day at a time.

Cindy. Sorry it's taking so long to get rid of the bug. The older we get, the slower to heal :-(

Mary, Marlene, Judy. Gotta run, timer is going off

Jill - thanks...in what part of Alabama are you located?

Joanne - yes, I was able to crochet but it was awkward because of the piece between my thumb and fore finger.  I can't grip the blanket as tight as I need to.

Judy - sweet of you to help your neighbor.

I've sat here and snoozed on the sofa so now I guess I'll go to bed.

Good night all.

Good Morning!  It's 4:30 and I'm wide awake...again. ;)

Jill ~ Hi there! 

Donna ~ Sending hugs and positive thoughts for both of your sisters and you, too. :hug   Do they live in your area?  Your baby dress is adorable. :c9 

Valerie ~ Great news from the doctor!  I know it will be hard for you until it is totally healed...too bad we need both hands to crochet. ;)   The ponchos are really pretty. :yes

Judy ~ I love the Attic 24 ripple pattern.  Have fun with the hats and baby 'ghan. :)

Linda ~ The 60's in Iowa this time of year!  I'll bet it felt great to get out and enjoy the warmth.

Marlene ~ The pond party sounds so fun.  I hope you're finally having some warmer temps...and sunshine!

Hi to those I've missed - time for some hot tea and I'll be back. :manyheart

Happy Friday!!!! Didn't get up until the alarm went off which is unusual for me. I really think that lost hour has something to do with it.

I did finish Robbie's blanket. Will try and get pics when I get home from work. Now the boys will have matching blankets!!

Hope you all have a nice day. Time for me to get ready!!

Good rainy morning,

We have had so much rain lately and today is 100% chance.  :reyes  I'm so ready for some warm days with sunshine!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, my sister with cancer did get a good report, no changes, much better than we expected.  I guess she's just feeling the side effects of the chemo. 

Thanks so much for the comments on the dress, I can't wait to get it finished.  It's the first dress I've ever made and it's been so easy I could kick myself for not doing it eariler.  :ghug

Valerie, Summerville is a small spot in the woods near Rome, you've probably heard of that. Love the poncho's, beautiful colos!  So glad to read the no surgery!

Linda, I'm so glad you are swinging higher!  I was thrilled to read your GS is doing better, I have had him on my prayer list.  :hug

Hi Jill, thanks so much!

Mary, thank you!  My sister with cancer does live very near, the younger one a few hours away.

I think all the rain will be a good excuse to crochet the day away, will post the dress when finished.  Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning housemates!

Just dropped off my dnie & dnep at work.  I love the days they go in at the same time.

We have rain here through tomorrow.  Temp is a little cooler 50 degrees but going back up in the 70s over the weekend.

I was up and down using the potty...gotta stop drinking water earlier.  I don't know if I can do it 3 hrs as suggested by Dr.Oz.

Donna - I'm glad your sister's report was good.  Yes, I've heard of Rome.  My sister had cervical cancer and could not take chemo because she has only 1 kidney.  I don't know if she's cured or just in remission.  It was hard during the time she was sick but she's been well for about 10 years.  Continuously lifting your sister in prayer.

Well, Jacob Matthew is stirring so I'd better go and check on him.

Have a great day all.

Hi, peeps!

Nice to see all the chatting going on here....it's like the old days!

Donna, dresses are fairly easy to make - as long as the pattern is written correctly...lol! Then you have to do waht seems logical and forget about the pattern for a while. I haven't mae a baby dress in eons. The hardest part for me is making the sizes accurate -- goes for the hats I make, too - which is why I sometimes weave a ribbon near the brim so it can be made more snug.

Have a good day my friends.

Hi, to everyone.  We're back in the upper 60s again today.  Yippee!  :yay 

I have a doctor appointment with a pain psychologist this afternoon.  Not sure what that is or how they help, but I guess I'll find out.

Showering is getting much easier.  Yeah!  I guess we will see how things go about moving back to the apartment this weekend.  It is at least a possibility.  I'm still pretty much exhausted from the bug, but getting better each day.

Donna, I've been to Rome a number of times.  It's very pretty there.  Glad your sisters are so close.  Congratulations on the cancer sister's report.  In remission is a good thing.

Val, it's nice that you can crochet again even if it's clumsy it's improvement over not at all.  Just don't overdo it.

Hope you all have a good day.  :manyheart 

Joanne ~ Congratulations on finishing Robbie's blanket!

Donna ~ I wish you could send some of that rain to Texas. ;)   We have been in a drought for a few years now and the lakes are dangerously low.  I hope your cold is better. :yes

Linda ~ You're as warm as we are right now!  So glad you're getting your strength back. :manyheart

Judy ~ Did you tell us what pattern you're using for the baby 'ghan? (another senior moment :lol)

Hi Valerie, Cindy and the rest of the House, too.♥

I've officially joined 84 hexagons! :cheer  I need to make 11 more, join them and it's on to the border. :D  I started this with DD's master bedroom in mind, but she recently bought all new bedding with totally different colors.

Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Mary, what are you going to do with the hex ghan now that the colors are different?

And I'm using the soft wavy ripple pattern from Attic 24

Good morning, all. :)

Judy ~ Thank you!  I really do read every post, but sometimes I wonder about my memory. ;)  The hexagon afghan may go in my shop. :think

Joanne ~ Robbie's afghan is wonderful!  I'll bet the boys will love having matching blankies from Grammy. :c9

Hi Jill!

I've been crocheting more than usual and need to do some housework!  The boys will be here Thursday - Sunday and we are not ready for that yet. :lol

Morning peeps. Rainy spring day here.

Mary I read all the posts but way too fast and so don't retain every detail.

I think your hex ghan will sell fast!

Here's a pic of my ripple.

post-8552-0-10547500-1426338838_thumb.jpg

Good morning. I'm feeling quite a bit better this morning. My coughing did not keep me awake last night. Also the kitchen floor is done.

Joanne, love Robbie's blanket.

Judy, your ripple blanket is really pretty...although I am a bit surprised that you had such a subdued yarn in your stash! :). And yes, I remember the old days, when there were pages of chat nearly every day.

Donna, so glad to hear that your sister got a good report.

Mary, I'm glad it was you sewing those hexagons together and not me!

Linda, glad you are feeling better. We had close to 60 degrees yesterday too. I sat out on the front porch for a while, but ended up going inside because I was getting too hot with the sun shining on me. Still sending good thoughts and prayers for your dgs.

Val, yay for good news from the ortho. Don't overdo the crocheting.

Hi, Jill. Hope you keep visiting with us. Lots of room in the house.

Marlene, I'm sure you have lots of activities lined up for the weekend. Enjoy.

Well, better get started putting what kitchen I still have back together. Still several weeks before new cabinets arrive. I'm going to go pick out paint this afternoon, and we will paint next week. The furniture will have to stay stacked up in the living room, along with the refrigerator until painting is done. No point in moving that stuff more than we have to.

Hi Judy ~ Aww, that is going to be loved by a little one.  It looks so soft! :c9

Cindy ~ I'm so glad you're feeling better.♥  You must be thrilled to have the floors done!  I know that dust sifts through everything.

I'm tackling my sewing room this morning. Lol  The yarn is out of control again. :rolleyes 

Archived