Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda- I love german choc cake!! Good luck with the physical therapist- When I had the elbow tendonitis I went to physical therapy- and knock wood- i haven't had a problem since and it really helped!

I spoke with my DD in Boston- they got slammed- and they are suppo;sed to get more snow tomorrow night I believe. The "T" which is their transportation system was shut down yesterday- she was off work both Mon and Tue- and she may have worked from home today ...this is the most snow Boston has gotten in  very long time----

Cindy- enjoy your 'pot luck dinner' tonight- I know how tiring it can be to watch grandsons after working a full day---but thankfully they go to bed ;7:30-8!!  Luckily I don't have to do that too often.  Hope the floor comes out ok

Marlene- You really keep so busy when you are on the coast---do you get any time to relax?

Judy- I hear we are in for frigid temps this weekend- the coldest in a long time---zero and below--

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, I hope you get some answers on your shoulder. And German chocolate cake would be a big hit in this house.

My day was all work and NO play :bang

...the cherry on top was looking over last year's tax forms so "we" can use Turbo Tax, probably tomorrow. The federal form was so straightforward....then I read over last year's NJ form :help ....and nearly stabbed my pecil through several layers of paper. Turbo Tax had better be good - that's all I can say. If it was up to me I would pay someone to do  my taxes forever! 

Time to decompress. Not sure how long that's going to take...I'm trying hard not to be negative or be a pill. My initial instinct is to procrastinate when faced with something I really hate doing, but hubby is the total opposite. Too bad he isn't good at this sort of thing.

I used to hold three different positions in a bank many years ago...but I DETEST even trying to do tax forms!

Looking forward to getting my hari done tomorrow - if the snow holds off till afternoon.

Have a good night, my friends

Hi Ladies,

I got a phone call today that I never wanted to get while here in Texas. My brother died. He was in the hospital. He was there 2 weeks ago because he was retaining to much fluids. Ended up they removed to much. He was doing blood work quite often. The doctor called him and told him to get back to the hospital. They drain fluid off his belly because that's where he was carrying it (monday). He told me they would be doing it again in 2 or 3 days. Today (wednesday) was the day. His heart gave out and they couldn't bring him back. One of his girls talked to him just before the procedure and he said he felt great.

I'm flying home saturday and back the following saturday. I go from Houston to Tampa Florida to Grand Rapids, MI. With only 1 1/2 hour lay over in Tampa. Coming back I fly Grand Rapids to Boston to Houston (4 hour lay over in Boston). I hope I don't get stuck in Boston more than 4 hours.

Please keep my family in your prayers.

Marlene- . I'm so sorry to hear this news. Don't forget to bring some yarn and hooks to help you pass the time. Especially during that 4 hour layover in Boston. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hugs

Had my first physical therapy appointment  today.  The gal evaluated both my shoulder and my hip.  I've got exercises to do for both of them.  But I don't have to force my shoulder as far as I have been which is a huge relief.  I'll be going in three times a week for about 6 weeks starting next Monday.  I'm sore tonight, but that's more because of all the stuff she had to do in evaluating where things are at present.  It helped her out that I'm a former nurse and have worked in orthopedics.  It helped that I could tell her relevant history and that I did know what I was doing with the exercises for the shoulder.  It will also help them figure out if the rotator cuff is torn or not by how I react to the exercises I'll be doing now.  She also gave me permission to use heat on it instead of just cold.  I was listened to.  Yay! 

A dear friend of mine from Georgia died of cancer on Monday.  She will be sadly missed.  She was very special

Linda, I'm sorry on the loss your friend. May you find comfort in your memories of good times. That's great that your pt appointment went well. Positive thoughts that your shoulder will improve.

It is bitterly cold out today. Brrrrrr. It at least it's Friday!!!! Off to get ready for another day in paradise. Lol

Good morning ladies. Record breaking cold is predicted here for this weekend, along with snow. (Sorry Marlene)

Linda, I am sorry for your loss. I'm also glad that the PT appointment went well. My mom broke her shoulder about two years before she died and it took a long time to be relatively comfortable, and even longer to get back a fair amount of function. It takes a lot of patience.

Good morning, peeps.

Linda I'm so sorry about your friend in GA....hugs to you, sweetie.

I love your positive report on the PT, though - a great sign for your recovery, I' m thinking.

I've been out already - chipping dog presents out of the ice - and my fingertips were so cold when I came in. It's very dangerous weather.

Well, time to get dressed. We'll be working with the Turbo Tax software this morning. I'm determined to bring a positive, calm presence to the endeavor...lol!

Hi House.  Sorry to have been MIA lately...crazy few days around here.

Linda ~ I'm so sorry you have lost a good friend. :hug   Your PT app't. sounds like it went really well.  I know you'll have some extra aches and pains from the PT for a while, but hopefully your shoulder will be back to normal soon. :manyheart

Judy ~ I know just how you feel about doing taxes. ;)   I used Turbo Tax one year and had to learn something new and enter so much info I just went back to the old fashioned way. :lol   That's what I've been working on today...barely scraped the surface.

Marlene ~ Thinking about you and your family. :hug  Safe travels tomorrow.

Cindy ~ Stay warm!  I saw on the news that you are in for more of the white stuff.

Joanne ~ Can't wait to see Robbie's new afghan!

This hasn't been a good week for several of us - A very good, long-time friend passed away last night.  He was the best man at our wedding.  He has had drug and alcohol problems for quite a while and hasn't wanted to see anybody.

Hopefully, there won't be any more sad news for a while!  Time to crochet for a while...the taxes will get done when they get done. :lol

Mary, our taxes were simple this year, since hubby is officially retired. I still detest the process...

Enjoy your crochet time...despite the sad news...

Warm hugs and kisses to all my friends - the weather has been a bear for many of us, but there are so many who are either in physical pain or emotionally hurting right now - we are here for you. You are never alone.

Ok...haven't been the greatest about getting on. Our furnace went out and it's been a busy week trying to raise funds for a new one. Have it now but still not installed. Thank goodness for electric heaters!

This is a corner to corner afghan I have been working on..if it shows.

Marlene~~I'm sorry for your loss! I hope you had a safe trip

Linda & sky's mom~~I am sorry for your losses as well! Linda, I'm glad you get to use heat now. Happy belated birthday

Judy~~good luck with the turbo tax. Eww

I used to have fun playing with the emoticons...they don't show up on my IPod nor can I change fonts or colors or anything

post-19337-0-71055400-1424026742_thumb.jpg

Belated happy birthday Linda!!!!

Spent a good part of the day yesterday so dd and the boys. We made heart shaped jello jiggers. They had fun!!! It's bitter,y cold out and we got about 4-5 inches of snow with higher areas due to the winds and drifting snow. My kind neighbor dug us out. All I had to so was clean off DH's car, park it in the street and he took over and did the sidewalk and driveway. all I had to do was the steps

I was working on the knitted blanket and the cable broke mid row. I think I salvaged the stitches but the project is in time out until I can get to the LYS So I've been working on the granny stripe for Robbie.

Christi..love the c2c blanket. Especially love the colors which are the nj devils colors and Rutgers univ colors ;-). Hope you get the furnace installed soon

Hope you are all having a good day......Marlene I'm thinking about you at this difficult time.

Hello everyone!!

I peek around here every now and again. I miss all of you like crazy!! Do any of you still do CAL's? I still crochet like a mad hooker. I hope all of you are well.....I have no time to read through over 800 pages. 

And Christi....I love that corner to corner blanket. Beautiful!

Christi, your c2c is so pretty! I hope the furnace gets installed soon....in this weather....ugh!

And Turbo Tax was surprisingly painless...except for getting hold,of someone by phone. But we figured it out.

TABBY! So happy to,see you! We haven't done a CAL in a while. Pretty much all doing different things. Do you have any thoughts on one? I have free patterns for baby blankets that I'll be making for charity soon....

Have a good night my friends. See you in the morning.

TABBY! So happy to,see you! We haven't done a CAL in a while. Pretty much all doing different things. Do you have any thoughts on one? I have free patterns for baby blankets that I'll be making for charity soon....

No, nothing in mind just wondering if y'all still did that. I haven't done one since before Christmas.....I did a surprise CAL on ravelry & it turned out to be a stocking. =)

Archived