Our House Part Two

Good morning. Sunny here for a change.

Judy, glad you enjoyed your trip to Syracuse. I like that throw. That pattern reminds me of rick rack.

Joanne, good luck with finishing those projects,

Mary, isn't that type of weather unusual for you? Snow and ice don't keep many people home around here, but it does keep me home, unkess of course I have to work.

Marlene, hope it warms up for you.

Nothing much planned here. We will be visiting the inlaws, and then we are going out to dinner with some of dhs siblings and their spouses to celebrate our sister in laws birthday.

• Like 1

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Good Morning from snowy Texas.  We only have this much snow about every 5 or 10 years. :lol   Gracie's short legs make it a little difficult for her to run and chase the squirrels. ;)

Joanne ~ Have a good time at DD's today.  How much more do you have left on the afghans?

Judy ~ The throw is gorgeous! :clap   I have that pattern on my "to do" list.  I'm so glad your trip went well and that you had such a good time.

Marlene ~ How cold is it at the coast?  Stay warm - it always seems to feel colder near the water.  We're not supposed to be above freezing until tomorrow afternoon...with more rain in the forecast!

Cindy ~ How are the inlaws doing?  Have fun at the birthday dinner.  Yes, this weather is pretty unusual for us!  Several years ago, we had an ice storm the first week of April and that was definitely a record. :yes

Linda ~ I sure hope DD and GS are both over the virus now.  Do you have a new date set for the move?

Better get busy so I can crochet later. :)

It's supposed to start snowing this afternoon with about 3 inches by the time it stops on Sunday.  DD is still not totally back to normal and GS is definitely not on the recovering list  yet.  It sounds like it has gone to his chest.  He's not eating very much yet and sleeping way more than normal.

We're taking the move back to the apartment on a weekend by weekend basis.  I don't think any of us have the strength to do it this weekend.  The weather is changing and most of my joints are screaming at me.

DD had ordered a Saori loom and it arrived on Thursday.  She's having fun warping it today.  We ran a few errands this morning when we had sunny skies and she had run out of steam on the third stop, so we cut that one short.  We had gotten the important things by then so it wasn't bad.

Mary and Marlene, take it easy with the weather you're having.  It said in the newspaper that this February has been one of the coldest and snowiest on record.  In the top ten for both in the 140-150 years they've been keeping track of it.  Wow!

I see the orthopedist on Monday morning and we'll see what she has to say about the shoulder.  I can tell the PT is helping but it still had a long way to go.  At least it didn't get frozen, so we're ahead of the game that way.

Judy, that throw is beautiful.  Gorgeous work.

• Like 1

Hi House. :)  s

Linda ~ I hope DD and GS are much better today. :hug   It must be frustrating that your shoulder is healing slowly, but these things seem to take forever!  DH's back is still bothering him a little (since last summer) and he's going to go back to PT once a week starting this week.  You and DD have so many fun yarn toys!  It's wonderful that you have so much in common. :yes

We had freezing rain last night, so the snow is now like an ice skating rink.  Gracie has been slip-sliding around the back yard this a.m.  The good news...it's supposed to get to 40* today and the driveway and street are thawing now.  Our neighbor just called and said the steep hill (our only way in and out of the neighborhood) is still icy, but thawing. Yay!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

March is coming in like a lion here !!! Snowing now. Hope this is the end of the white stuff!!!

Yesterday we went to an indoor kids place and DD's mil brought the twins so the 4 cousins had an absolutely wonderful, fun time. So did we!!!

This morning, I've been busy doing laundry and did some grocery shopping. Now I'm in for the day!!! Have a great day everyone

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I don't know what the temps were here the last few days. Cool, but no snow or ice here. Be careful if you have to go out. This winter has seem to be dragging on. I think last winter was colder but this year the cold is lasting longer.

Linda, Hope DD and GS continue to improve daily.

Judy, Love the new afghan! Glad you had a nice trip to Syracuse.

Joanne, Sounds like you had a nice time with DD and the boys at the kids place.

Cindy, Hope your in-laws are doing well. You had a nice dinner celebration with the family.

I have been laid up between the couch and the bed the last two days. My cold/cough was pretty nasty. I didn't go to the ladies luncheon friday, or to work at the kitchen yesterday or the fish fry for the kitchen workers and there spouses. Hubby did bring me home a plate the last two meals and Suna brought us what I would brought home if I was working. She always makes sure we cook more than we need so she can send us each home with enough for a meal. I'm hoping I can go to the jam session tomorrow. I have 16 more rows to do on the flag afghan and 50 stars to make and sew on.

Maya face timed me this morning bright and early. Grandma when are you coming home? Not until mid april or later I told her. It depends on how the weather is. Right now it's to cold. She says what about spring? I said spring is just a few weeks away and it doesn't mean it's going to warm up yet. Her puppy wanted out so the subject got changed. Jocelyn and Payton face timed today to. Jocelyn told me she's doing things around the house to earn 5.00 a week. She told me she spends 20 minutes a day with her rabbit. I asked her if she keeps it in the garage and she said no in the house. Okay! Payton didn't have to much to say.

Hope everyone has a nice warm week coming up!

Rats!  Just lost my post.  Anyway, I thought I was going to miss out on the bug that has laid DD and GS low, but it didn't happen.  The diarrhea started last night, although I got it stopped with Imodium before it got too bad.  Woke up to severe dizziness this morning.  Yuck!!  Moving is hard.  I feel best with my head braced by the back of the chair.  I have to be really careful when getting up and moving around.  According to DD this part lasts for several days.  That knocks out the doctor appointment in the morning and PT in the afternoon.  Oh, well, they don't want me spreading this around either office.

I did manage to crochet a little over one row on the shawl for me.  My hands were too sore to do more than that.  The kitties managed to play with the yarn when I wasn't looking, but didn't do more than mess up the two balls a little bit.  Thank goodness.

Mary, take care on the mess that winter has handed you this last week.  Hope it clears up quickly.  Our two to three inches of snow in the forecast ended up being just a light dusting.  But there is more in this week's forecast.

Joanne, I'm so glad you and the GSs had such a good time at the indoor play place.  They are young such a short time.

Good morning. Cold as usual, but it could be worse. We have a bit of new snow, but none of the freezing rain that was forecast.. Hope your ice melted, Mary. Even here where we are used to winter weather, we dread ice.

I'm on call for work again. I think there is a good chance of getting called in though. I don't mind staying home, but I don't mind getting called in either. They did not have enough staff to take any admissions, so I think there is a good chance of getting called in. I'm up and ready for work, just in case.

We had a good visit with the inlaws on Saturday, and a fun dinner afterwards. One of my brothers in law got mil an iPhone. She is having a hard time figuring it out. Shes used to picking up the phone to answer it, and is having a hard time with the idea of just tapping the accept button. I finally wrote it all out for her.

Linda, I'm sorry you are sick. Maybe it's a good thing you haven't been able to move back to the apartment yet, Ds has been sick for close to two weeks with nausea, vomiting and severe diarrhea. He said that he thought he had good poisoning. I knew he was sick last week, but didn't know how long it had lasted until Friday. I finally managed to talk him into going to the dr. after he told me that the diarrhea was bloody. Dr had several ideas of what it could be, and gave him two different antibiotics while waiting for culture results. Ds said he felt a bit better yesterday, so hopefully they are the right drugs. Luckily ds hasn't been around here, so hopefully we won't get it!

Marlene, I hope you feel better today. I don't know if last winter was colder than this one, (both were unusually cold), but I do think that it was snowier last year.

Joanne, did you get your projects finished?

morning peeps!

Yikes....there are so many nasty bugs going around! Be careful and take care of yourselves.

Well, the mess from last night (ice on top of snow) should thaw today. We're good with provisions, though - went to Delicious Orchards yesterday. :)

The Jasie is getting a border now!

Today we will be taking down the curtains from the man cave and hopefully work on the built in bookcases too - so much dust!!!

Have a good one, my friends.

Happy Monday! (now that it's almost time for craft club, it's a happy Monday)

Projects are not finished yet--but I've been plugging away- Knitting is so much slower than crochet- I've been working on the knitted blanket- hoping to get it done by the 14th when DD is down for Robbie's birthday so I can give it to her.  I can finish Robbie's after his birthday if I have to since of course I bought him a few things--

Linda and Marlene- hope you feel better soon!!!

Cindy- hope that Ds will be ok---and glad you had a good visit on Sat with the in-laws.

time to go  have a good night  

'Evening, everyone.  Most of the snow and ice is gone for now...another round is forecast for Wednesday afternoon into Thursday!  Today we stocked up (again) at Krogers, ran a couple of other errands and had lunch. 

Marlene ~ I hope you're feeling better. :hug  You've had so much going on with your trip back to Michigan and the colder than usual weather at the coast.

Linda ~ So sorry you have the virus.  I'm glad you're still at Joy's so you don't have to be out in the winter weather. :manyheart

Judy ~ Oh, I'm so sick of dust! :lol   Why I thought I wanted 2" wooden blinds in this whole house is beyond me. ;)

Cindy ~ I hope the antibiotics work for your DS.  I remember my first iphone...DD was "on call" for weeks. ;)

Joanne ~ I know your DD will love her new afghan!  It's time for me to make larger afghans for Luke and Zach...Luke wants a Star Wars theme so I thought I would get Judy to make a graph 'ghan. :D 

Time for supper.  Leftover Taco soup and cornbread for us tonight.  Have a good evening, friends. ♥♥♥

Morning peeps!

Mary, Luke wants a star wars ghan, huh? Want to barter?? :lol

Joanne, did you enjoy craft club? I still haven't picked up my needles - crochet is so much faster and easier...I'm really lazy!

Off to get dressed -  food store today. The weather for the next few days will be BLECH.

Good morning. Snowing hard here at the moment. It's supposed to keep up all day, and freezing rain is supposed to be added to the mix later on today. It's supposed to amount to 6 or 7 inches. I guess that would be "BLECH" right, Judy? The sun shone yesterday though.

No big plans here today. Dd was planning to come over to do her taxes, but if I were her, I'd stay home. I'm sure the roads are passable though, and she's young and has four wheel drive.

None of my knit or crochet projects are moving along very quickly. I tend to work on several things at a time, so it's a few rows here, and a few rows there. Progress is being made, but very slowly.

Morning peeps!

Mary, Luke wants a star wars ghan, huh? Want to barter?? :lol   I'm glad you caught me trying to be funny...next week he may want a super hero 'ghan instead. lol  Seriously though, your graph 'ghans are always stunning!

Joanne, did you enjoy craft club? I still haven't picked up my needles - crochet is so much faster and easier...I'm really lazy!

Off to get dressed -  food store today. The weather for the next few days will be BLECH.

• Like 1

Cindy ~ Enjoy your day at home!  Just chilly and rainy here today, with sleet and/or snow possible tomorrow.  Great crochet weather!

Judy ~ Have a great day. :yes

Linda ~ I hope you're feeling better today! :hug

Back to laundry and more laundry.

Hi, gang.  :waving   The dizziness isn't as bad today.  Same for the headache and aches and pains.  The GI stuff mostly passed me by, thank goodness.  Both DD and GS have lingering tiredness and lack of energy, with GS still having some stomach upset.  If I'm lucky, I'll have a shorter and milder version than what they have.  I'm also being extra careful and not pushing it.  GS is still asleep. 

We've had a little light snow.  They cancelled school today.  Not sure why, but it probably means bad weather in the forecast.

I'm mostly reading, resting, and playing games on my iPhone.   I'm eating small amounts of food frequently which seems to be working.

Marlene, I hope you are feeling better.

Everyone be careful when out on the roads. 

Love to you all.  :manyheart

Good morning. Snowing hard here at the moment. It's supposed to keep up all day, and freezing rain is supposed to be added to the mix later on today. It's supposed to amount to 6 or 7 inches. I guess that would be "BLECH" right, Judy? The sun shone yesterday though.Yup....that's BLECH all right....

No big plans here today. Dd was planning to come over to do her taxes, but if I were her, I'd stay home. I'm sure the roads are passable though, and she's young and has four wheel drive.

None of my knit or crochet projects are moving along very quickly. I tend to work on several things at a time, so it's a few rows here, and a few rows there. Progress is being made, but very slowly.

I'm actually on my last round of the border for Jasie. I changed it for that part, and am using a RSC to end it, not wanting a mesh pattern for a blankie that will be used in the hospital.The knitting project from last winter is still sitting here, as are other Knit projects that are only WIM. It feels good finishing the crocheted stuff, at least.

Cindy ~ Enjoy your day at home!  Just chilly and rainy here today, with sleet and/or snow possible tomorrow.  Great crochet weather!

Judy ~ Have a great day. :yes It's been pretty good so far. No hook time yet, but I'll have a FO by tonight!

Linda ~ I hope you're feeling better today! :hug

Back to laundry and more laundry.

Hi, gang.  :waving   The dizziness isn't as bad today.  Same for the headache and aches and pains.  The GI stuff mostly passed me by, thank goodness.  Both DD and GS have lingering tiredness and lack of energy, with GS still having some stomach upset.  If I'm lucky, I'll have a shorter and milder version than what they have.  I'm also being extra careful and not pushing it.  GS is still asleep. 

We've had a little light snow.  They cancelled school today.  Not sure why, but it probably means bad weather in the forecast.

I'm mostly reading, resting, and playing games on my iPhone.   I'm eating small amounts of food frequently which seems to be working.

Marlene, I hope you are feeling better.

Everyone be careful when out on the roads. 

Love to you all.  :manyheart

Glad to hear you're not hit as hard with this bug! You're doing all the right things, I see - one good thing about getting "older" is that we gain lots of experience.

Edited by judianne

I never made it to craft club...middle dd called just as I was leaving and wanted to talk about some things. Didn't get off the call until about 7:20 so I just styled home and watched the hockey game with DH and knitted.

Today was crazy busy at work and the commute was messy. Started snowing around 3 then freezing rain as I was driving home. Left work at 4:30 got home 5;55 for a 17 mile commute

We are supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow wed night Into thurs. If that happens I'm staying home.

I want to see crocuses and daffodils not white stuff!!! Lol

Have a good night

• Like 1

We've had a lot of wind and freezing moisture today, so I was glad I wasn't going to try going anywhere.  I cancelled my Wed. and Thur. PT appointment for this week, too.  That just leaves the doctor appointment on Friday which hopefully I will be able to go to.

I managed to make a tuna and noodle casserole for supper.  Standing up for long is hard to do, but I got it together and it's good.  It's also something that should sit well on everyone's stomachs.  I've had two small bowls and Joy has had a big bowl.   Ayden isn't in the mood to try it.  Wouldn't you know?

Sorry it took so long to get home Joanne.  At least you made it safely.

• Like 1

Good morning ladies. Sunny here today. Yesterday was another story though..we had snow, sleet, freezing rain, drizzle and more snow. What a mess. I don't think it a,ousted to as much as they predicted which was 6 to 7 inches, but I haven't actually gone outside to see. Luckily it wasn't overly cold, it got close to 30. Today's sun will melt it off the roads.

Youngest dd came over yesterday and we made a bunch of meals for the freezer. I wanted those for when the kitchen is totally out of commission, and she likes them on hand because between work, grad school and internship, she doesn't have any time to cook.

Today oldest DD and the grandkids are coming over. I imagine the boys will want to play outside. Tonight we are going to dinner with friends.

Linda, hope your weather improves, along with your health. Has Dgs been well enough to go back to school yet?

Joanne, I want to see crocuses and daffodils too!

A quick good morning ~ DH has a haircut appt. as well as a dr. appt.

Marlene ~ I hope you're feeling lots better by now.  Hopefully, our arctic blast (today) won't make it as far south as Rockport!

Linda ~ Take care and feel better soon.

Hi and Hugs to everyone. :):manyheart

Judy, that is gorgeous.

I'm still very under the weather.  In some ways  today is worse than Sunday and Monday.  When I go in first one direction and then in another, my head thinks it's still going in the first direction for quite a bit after I've started going in the second direction.  It's very disorienting.  Plus my temp has been going up and down since last night.  Not nice either.  Stomach is okay for the most part.  The headache that never goes away isn't helping either.  But I'm safe at Joy's place and don't have to go outside or anywhere else either.  Could be worse.

GS was still home today, but is planning on going back to school tomorrow.

I'm not very functional today.  I'll just say that I love you all.  Stay safe, and I hope you all miss out on this bug.

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and hope to jump in here and get to know some of you.  I'm from Georgia, married with three children and 4 grandchildren.  My oldest daughter and two oldest grandchildren live in Las Vegas so I don't get to see them very often, my only granddaughter Sarah is 13, she models a lot, she has been in Vogue as well as did a commercial for Fuji film, all her earnings go into an account for collage.  Her brother Alex is into soccer and is a very smart child, making excellent grades in school.  My two youngest grandchildren live in Atlanta so I see them pretty often. They are still small and loveable!  My youngest daughter has been married 10 years and has no children, I'm not sure she ever will, life's too busy she says.  I love and have three horses, I'm just a country cowgirl at heart.  I have a genetic heart condition that required a defibrillator (among other things) and now I'm not allowed to ride.  I have took a few sneak rides, what the doctor don't know won't hurt him.  :cheer  I have 4 dogs that keep me busy most of the time, two malteese and two winnie dogs lol, that's what we call them.  It's like having kids all over again!  I will be 55 on the 28th of this month.  Been crocheting since I was very young.  That's pretty much it, if you want to know more, just ask!

Sarah and Alex, My son and his family with my grandsons Yosi and Niles, Hubby and I

post-74431-0-76098100-1425527442_thumb.jpg

post-74431-0-10553500-1425527519_thumb.jpg

post-74431-0-86103400-1425527524_thumb.jpg