Our House Part Two

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I hope you will be much better tomorrow. Hope DGS is able to go to school tomorrow too.

Judy, Another beautiful afghan! I love how the waves go.

Mary, It's suppose to get cold here for the next few days. This weekend is the oyster festival (thursday thru sunday) it's not going to be a good time for it. It was up to 77 this afternoon and when I came back from playing cards just before 9 it was only down to 70. But I don't think it is going to get up to 50 tomorrow or friday.

Joanne, Be careful in the morning if you do have to go to work.

Cindy, I hope everything is okay for DS. I hope your notes for your MIL on her new phone help make her adjustment to it much easier.

I am feeling better. I have been out of the house the last two days. I have a little bit of cough but not to bad. DD called me today to tell me about her road. There is a school on one end of her road. She goes the opposite way out to a main road and head off to take Maya to school or work. There is a steep hill then a little area that is flat (but certainly not enough) then the railroad tracks and a stop sign right after the tracks and the main road. This morning it was all a sheet of ice. They had snow then rain and it all froze. She said the buses were driving off the edge of the road in the snow because it was so slippery out. Tomorrow she is going to call the county and complain. I complained to her when I was there. Just being snow packed it isn't very safe. You barely make it up the hill (you wonder if you will or not) as there isn't enough flat road way to get any speed to get up the hill. Even with the steep hill or worry about it is the best route.

The wind has just blown in the cold air I just had to shut all the windows up.

The flag afghan is four rows from being done. I need to do the stars yet and sew them on.

Everyone be careful out there the next few days if you have to be out and about.

• Like 1

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Hi Donna!  Welcome to the ville and Our House!

I'm Marlene, married. This is a second marriage for both my husband and I. We have three children, 5 grandkids and 2 great grandkids. In the summer time one of are granddaughters spends the summer with us. She is 8. She is the love of are life. We winter in Texas and love it.

I am making an American Flag Afghan to be raffled for are park to raise money to buy a defibrillator. I have been crocheting over 30 years.

You have a beautiful family! Great pics!

I'm off for the night.

Good morning,

Well, the office is open today- and it is snowing like crazy---It started later than planned but it is coming down very steadily and forecast is 6-8 inches of snow!! I'll be calling shortly to let them know I'm not going to be in. I'll gladly work from home, but not driving. Of course, DH went into work- he said if it gets bad, he'll leave early.

Linda- Hope you feel better and back to yourself soon. It's not fun to feel so disoriented. Hugs!

Judy- love the blanket and the colorway!! Great job as always---stay safe and warm today!

Marlene- That is very scary having school buses driving on ice on hills!!! Snow is one thing---which I don't like driving in anymore--but ice? That's a whole other story- there is nothing you can do!!  Glad to hear you are starting to feel better!

Cindy- I chuckled about your MIL and the iphone---technology can be challenging for that generation!!!

Mary- hows things in your neck of the woods?

Donna- Welcome! Great pictures!  I am the married to my 2nd husband and between us we have 6 daughters! He had 3 and I had 3-all adults!  I am a "jersey girl"....I have 2 grandsons who are the children of my youngest DD. They are 3 1/2 and the youngest turns 2 on the 15 th of Mar...They live  about 20 min away and I see them just about every weekend!!! .My two oldest are single. My oldest lives in Boston and my middle lives in NJ-  I also have 5 step grandchildren- 4 boys and a girl. The two youngest stepgrands are 3 and 1 1/2 and live in AL, the other 3 are 19, 17 and 12 and live in FL.

Well, I've got to call into work and let them know I won't be in--will then have to call back in a bit to speak to someone 'live'

Have a good day!

Edited by imanurse55

Good morning, 

It's raining here and I'm having my one and only cup of coffee of the day.  Our weather is so crazy, 3 days ago we had snow, yesterday it was in the 70's and today we have a rain/sleet mix!

Marlene, It's wonderful your granddaughter gets to spend the summers with you, what a joy!  I can't wait to see the American Flag Afghan, and what a sweet thing to make it for!  Mine is a pacemaker-defibrillator combined.  It's so great you are helping others in the way you are.

Joanne, goodness, you have your family scattered worse than mine is!  I do hope you get to see them all pretty often.  I've never been to Jersey but I love the accent!

I'm going to look around more in here before getting things started in the house, I hope you have a great day!

Morning, peeps!

Welcome, Donna! It's always fun to have new people come into the House.

I'm a senior citizen and like Joanne, I live in NJ - in fact not too far from her as the crow flies.

Hubby and I have a 40 yo son, not married (but we are hopeful) and 2 very spoiled German shepherds. I crochet most anything, and am a beginning knitter. I have to spend more time with the pointy sticks to get better and faster at it!  Most of my creations go to charity. You can only have so many afghans, evne with our cold winters. Right now I'm watching big fat snowflakes hitting the ground. At least it covers the ice so I can get the pups out back to run off some energy.

What do you like to make?

Thanks for compliments on the ghans, my friends! I'm going to make some hats to go with it too.

Judy, that is gorgeous.

I'm still very under the weather.  In some ways  today is worse than Sunday and Monday.  When I go in first one direction and then in another, my head thinks it's still going in the first direction for quite a bit after I've started going in the second direction.  It's very disorienting.  Plus my temp has been going up and down since last night.  Not nice either.  Stomach is okay for the most part.  The headache that never goes away isn't helping either.  But I'm safe at Joy's place and don't have to go outside or anywhere else either.  Could be worse.Thank goodness you're with DD! If I was alone and that ill I'd be having a panic attack.

GS was still home today, but is planning on going back to school tomorrow.Great news!

I'm not very functional today.  I'll just say that I love you all.  Stay safe, and I hope you all miss out on this bug.

Get well fast.

Off to get myself dressed - lazy today, since the snow will keep us housebound. Again. :reyes

We just had so much fun outside!

For those of you not on FB...

One has Lucy in stalking mode, with Sparkie out of frame, too afraid to come closer!

post-8552-0-56443400-1425576145_thumb.jpgpost-8552-0-84558300-1425576175_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-83893000-1425576161_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning, everyone.  I'm glad that I'm at DD's house, too.  I mostly just feel lousy today.  The disorientation is better although not completely gone.  The headache is still hanging on.  Lots of head congestion which triggers a lot of coughing.  There is no way I'm heading home this weekend.  I changed my Friday doctor's appointment and cancelled the PT appointments for this week.

Love the pictures of the pups, Judy.

Welcome to Our House Donna.  :welcome I just turned 65 last month.  I've been crocheting, knitting, and needle work since I was 8 or 9 years old.  I have recently gotten into carding and spinning  and weaving.  I took up quilting about 6 or 7 years ago.  My next door neighbor helped me with the first one which was a crib quilt with Christmas mice that was for my niece who was expecting right after Christmas.  The back of it was Winnie the Pooh scenes.  I currently have multiple quilts, multiple crochet shawls, and several spinning projects going.  I joined Crochetville and Our House about 7 years ago.  Love the pictures of your family.  I am currently staying with my DD and GS.  I broke my shoulder in a fall at my apartment in November and it's taken a long time to get to the point where it will be safe to be there on my own.  It's improving, but, oh so slowly.

GS did go to school today, but under extreme protest.  He's not happy at the new school and he made no bones about it this morning.  Poor kid.

Take care in all this crazy weather.

DD is having a great time with her new Saori loom.  It isn't one that interests me.  My rigid heddle suits me just fine.  Her's is just too complicated for me.  I like to watch her, but have no desire to do anything one it.  :no    :no 

Hi Donna. I'm Cindy. I've been married to my hubby for almost 36 years. We have 3 adult children, two girls and a boy. Our oldest dd is married and has 6 kids, 5 boys and 1 girl. Youngest dd is working on a doctorate in nursing and also works part time as a nurse. Ds is an engineer. Youngest dd lives about 10 minutes away, the other two are 30 minutes away, in different directions. I am a long time critical care nurse. I work part time in an ICU in a big teaching hospital,mand I also teach advanced cardiac life support to health care professionals. In my spare time I start craft projects. (I love to start them, but have to force myself to finish them.). I crochet, knit, sew, embroider and more. We also have a dog, a Brittany named Sophie. Sophie loves everyone and she has a lot of human friends. My dh runs a home based business. His clients often come over with treats for Sophie. One lady has come over, just to visit Sophie. Sophie is his public relations department!

We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel, so my life is a bit chaotic right now.

PS: I'm a country girl too. No animals though. My dh gladly moved to the country, but he is still a city boy in many ways. He's not into animals or gardening. I garden, but no animals here. I coukdnt even talk him into a few chickens.

Edited by Gardener

Linda, I sure hope you feel better soon. I feel bad for your dgs and also for you and your dd. Miss got to be hard to send him off to school every morning, knowing how he feels about it.

Judy, love the dog pictures. They don't mind snow a bit, do they? They make you look tiny!n also, nice blanket.

Joanne, I wish I had the option to stay home when the weather is bad. I don't actually mind driving in snow, it's all those other drivers out there that make me anxious!

Marlene, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Life in Texas sounds as busy as ever!

Mary, is your weather back to normal? I looked at the weather in the Smokies yesterday afternoon and it was 73 degrees there, although it was supposed to drop way down again today. It was 14 here.

I taught ACLS class today, and I have to say that I found that more tiring than the ICU. I don't know how teachers do that day after day.

Thanks for the compliments ladies... My pups love the snow.sparkie is almost 100 pounds and Lucy is 85!

Neither one wants to come in from playing in the stuff, and it's particularly fluffy and perfect for them.

We had a second play session later on this afternoon. Lucy flies like the wind as she runs around the yard and Sparkie acts so much younger than his 9 years that he amazes me. Lucy also likes to hide her black kong ball and then put her head in the snow to find it. Today I turned around and she was looking right at me. I laughed out loud when I saw she had a two inch stack of snow right on top of her snout.

I love the cold, and seeing the fun they have in the snow...well, I cherish every moment. This may very well be it till next winter. Tomorrow we will be out there again.

I think I just wrote a book...lol!

Have a good night everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Love the pics of the dogs.

Linda, Sorry DGS isn't liking his new school.

Today I finished crocheting the rows of the flag afghan. I need to sew in the ends and there are a lot of them and do the stars. Tonight we went to dinner with friends John and Kathy then we went to the oyster festival. We walked through the craft booths. I bought 3 picture frames that on the bottom they have the kids names. It is really hard to find Maya and Jocelyn. My plans was to give them to the kids with pictures of us with the three of them in them, but Kathy said maybe I could find a frame to hold all three and hang them together. So that's a thought to. We watched the fireworks in the cold windy air. They have a nice show. Tomorrow is hubby's 65th birthday. Nothing planned as we did it tonight with Kathy and John. They really need my help up in the kitchen to prep the all fixings for omelet breakfast saturday morning. Two ladies already won't be there. We have ice cream social sunday and I ordered a birthday cake for hubby to have at it.

Hope everyone has a nice friday! Stay warm!

Good Morning!  We were covered with ice and 3-4 more inches of snow yesterday!  Most of it should be gone by later today.

Marlene ~ Happy Birthday to your DH! :cake  Congratulations on nearly finishing the flag 'ghan.

Donna ~ Welcome!  It's so nice to meet you and see the pictures of your family.  We have one daughter (who is married to the sweetest guy in the world :)) and two grandsons.  Luke will be 5 on the 30th and Zach is 2½.  Thankfully, they live about 25 minutes from us.  They're learning to ride horses at their ranch - Rocky is about 20 and very gentle. ;) 

Judy ~ Great pictures of you and the children!  Your yard looks like a winter wonderland...I would love to see Gracie playing with your two. :lol  Your latest baby 'ghan is lovely.

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're staying at DD's for now. :manyheart  Will GS be at this school through the rest of the semester?  I hope things get better for him. :hug

Cindy ~ Did you and DD get lots of things made for the freezer?  How is the kitchen coming along?

Joanne ~ I hope you were able to stay home yesterday. :yes

Hi to anyone I've missed. ♥  Have a good morning, all!

post-8552-0-88299500-1425650137_thumb.jpgmorning peeps.

Same yard from yesterday....subfreezing temps, but sunshine! Yhe snow is still good for running in!

Marlene, Happy Birthday to your hubby! I hope attaching the stars to the flag goes well.

Hi, Mary, Cindy, Joanne, Linda, our newest House mate, Donna, and everyone else!

I never did make the hats yesterday - but DID clear out old paperwork from our files, so that agreeable chosre is finished for this year,

Have a good one, stay warm and safe, my friends.

• Like 1

Good morning, everyone.  It's supposed to get up to 38* today and the 40s Saturday and Sunday.  Seasonal weather for a change.  Yay!!!  :yay  :yay  :yay 

I'm feeling less dizzy and headachy today.  Still lots of head congestion but I think even that is better.  Hooray!  Things are headed in the right direction.  :yes 

GS had homework last night.  The teachers said it should be easy peasy for him.  Unfortunately, it wasn't and now he's convinced that they lie.  Sigh.  It took him two hours to complete it all, which did earn him two hours of game time.  So it wasn't all bad.  It makes my heart hurt that school is so hard for him.  He's so smart, but thinks he's stupid.  Considering all the problems he has to overcome he's doing great.  DD and I see it, but he can't at this point.  He almost had a total melt down over it.  It went much better once he calmed down and accepted some scratch paper from me to help him figure it out on paper instead of trying to do it all in his head.  The math was on fractions, which give lots of people problems.  Not very easy fractions at that.

Just saw the mess on Hwy 65 in Kentucky.  NOT nice.  :no   Reminds me of last winter in Georgia.  That was just as messy.  I hate ice in the winter.  Snow isn't nearly as bad.  Not that we were set up to handle either one in Georgia.  Just not financially feasible when we normally only get a couple of storms with ice or snow each year.  (Donna, I just moved back up to Iowa from Georgia the very end of July last year.)  We're much better equipped for it here in Iowa, but then again, we need to be with our long snowy/icy winters.  :yes 

Hope you all have a good Friday and weekend.  :ghug 

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ Another beautiful picture!  We actually warmed up to 46* today...the roads are clear, but we still have lots of snow in our yard.

Linda ~ Oh, I feel so bad that your GS is going through so much.  :hug   It will all work out, but must be so hard for him now.  School was always too easy for me and I wanted to do math problems "my way" because it made more sense to me...which was right but just not "their way."  I wonder if he is going through the same thing?♥

I've been joining hexagons!  Of course, I waited until I had close to 80 to start joining. :lol   How many time has that happened before? ;) 

I hope you all have a great weekend. :manyheart

Marlene, wishing your hubby a Happy Birthday!

GS came home from school and said it was a good day, he didn't have any homework, and then lay down and slept until Mom got home from work.

I think I'm about down to just a bad head cold now.

The temp didn't get as warm as they called for and they've lowered the temps for the weekend, although it's still supposed to get to 40* both days.

Good night!

Good Saturday morning, 

I have been up since 3 it's now a bit after 5.  I'm comming down with a cold/flu again for the third time in 2 months.  I just couldn't believe it when I started feeling feverish and stopped up again!  :no

Judy, I gave up on learning to knit, I just couldn't do it.  The afghan is beautiful! I crochet all kinds of things, I think hats are my favorite.  Like you, I donate many to charity at the hospital where my sister has chemo treatments.  She has non-Hodgkin lymphoma.  I'm thinking of making an afghan for each of my grandchildren, I've been looking at patterns and trying to decide on one for each.  Bless your heart with all that snow, wow.

Linda, you are an all around crafter for sure, wish I could say the same.  I sure hope your healing continues and you get to return home soon.  Maybe your GS will start liking his new school before long, I feel sorry for the little guy.  So sad to see them hating it.  What part of Georgia were you in?  I'm not sure I could handle more winter than we have here.  We were going on a one day mission trip with our church tomorrow to Kentucky but it's canceled due to their weather.

Cindy, I'm also a nurse, worked ER for years until I became involved in law enforcement. I have never given up my license, I worked too hard for them!  Sophie sounds like such a charmer .  I don't envy you the remodle, all I can say is I hope it's finished for you soon.  Your DH doesn't know what he's missing, there's nothing like waking up to a Rooster crow!

Marlene, I know you are glad to be finished with the afghan, sewing in the ends is the dreaded part.  I hope your DH had a great 65th birthday!  The ice cream social sounds like so much fun!

Mary, so nice to meet you, you're very lucky to have your family near.  I love the name of Rocky for a horse I know the children love him!

We're supposed to get in the 60's today, I look forward to some sunshine!  Hope y'all have a great day!  :yes

:ty  for making me feel at home with all of you!  :manyheart

• Like 1

Morning, peeps!

COLD here today, and there are icicles hangring from the house after the sun started melting stuff yesterday, but like you, Linda, we

are on the way to normal temps. Linda, continue to reassure GS about the school work - the scratch paper was a great idea! My son had difficulty with word problems and it was hard helping him to retain his cool while I tried to shw him how to break them down into smaller "bites". And he later took Honors classes in HS (except for math...lol).

And fractions were always my nemesis. :lol

Donna, my hubby is a retired LEO (NYC and Federal)...  

The dogs are lucky I go outside with them. If they waited for hubby they would have a VERY long wait...loL!

Yesterday I finished a baby hat using the vairiegated yarn from the blanket...yay for me. I winged it, like some ladies do here, and it looks cute. Will make one using a lighter weight in yellow and maybe a white one. Then I'll give all of it to my friend up the street.

Mary, I know when I use scrap I generally wait a long time before joing motifs so I don't have too many of the same colors together - is that why you waited? Or like me, just procrastinating? I have a bunch of saltines I made last year - vairiegated blue and white, but I want to see what other colors I can use before joining them.

Hi to Cindy and everyone. Have agood day!

Good afternoon.  DD and GS are off at a Boy Scout activity.  It's blessedly quiet at the moment.

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ Another beautiful picture!  We actually warmed up to 46* today...the roads are clear, but we still have lots of snow in our yard.

Linda ~ Oh, I feel so bad that your GS is going through so much.  :hug   It will all work out, but must be so hard for him now.  School was always too easy for me and I wanted to do math problems "my way" because it made more sense to me...which was right but just not "their way."  I wonder if he is going through the same thing?♥

I've been joining hexagons!  Of course, I waited until I had close to 80 to start joining. :lol   How many time has that happened before? ;)

I hope you all have a great weekend. :manyheart

GS can do a lot of things right, but not the normal/usual way of doing them.  Yesterday was a good day for him at school.

I have to make myself join as I go or I end up with a ton of joining and hiding tails.  I tend to break my patterns down into blocks and do a block at a time.

Good Saturday morning, 

I have been up since 3 it's now a bit after 5.  I'm comming down with a cold/flu again for the third time in 2 months.  I just couldn't believe it when I started feeling feverish and stopped up again!  :no  Wishing you well.  This winter seems to have been full of nasty bugs.

Judy, I gave up on learning to knit, I just couldn't do it.  The afghan is beautiful! I crochet all kinds of things, I think hats are my favorite.  Like you, I donate many to charity at the hospital where my sister has chemo treatments.  She has non-Hodgkin lymphoma.  I'm thinking of making an afghan for each of my grandchildren, I've been looking at patterns and trying to decide on one for each.  Bless your heart with all that snow, wow.

Linda, you are an all around crafter for sure, wish I could say the same.  I sure hope your healing continues and you get to return home soon.  Maybe your GS will start liking his new school before long, I feel sorry for the little guy.  So sad to see them hating it.  What part of Georgia were you in?  Cumming which is about 20 miles north of Atlanta.   I'm not sure I could handle more winter than we have here.  We were going on a one day mission trip with our church tomorrow to Kentucky but it's canceled due to their weather.

Cindy, I'm also a nurse, worked ER for years until I became involved in law enforcement. I have never given up my license, I worked too hard for them!  Sophie sounds like such a charmer .  I don't envy you the remodle, all I can say is I hope it's finished for you soon.  Your DH doesn't know what he's missing, there's nothing like waking up to a Rooster crow!  I'm another retired nurse.  I got out of it after 14 years.  Had vocational testing done and then went back to school and got a degree in accounting.  Worked in that for 12 years.

Marlene, I know you are glad to be finished with the afghan, sewing in the ends is the dreaded part.  I hope your DH had a great 65th birthday!  The ice cream social sounds like so much fun!

Mary, so nice to meet you, you're very lucky to have your family near.  I love the name of Rocky for a horse I know the children love him!

We're supposed to get in the 60's today, I look forward to some sunshine!  Hope y'all have a great day!  :yes

:ty  for making me feel at home with all of you!  :manyheart

We're in the mid 40s now.

Hi Ladies,

Today we had the omelets for breakfast. We served 78 people. I drew the winner for the afghan. Guess who won it. Me! So I drew another ticket and it's going to a friend of mine. She crochets so she will appreciate it. We sold 371.00 in tickets. This afternoon two of my friends and I went down to the oyster festival and listened to a band that played here this winter. Hubby and another guy are working in a booth for the Knights of Columbus. A guy who lives here year round is in charge of the booth. They serve fish and they call them curly fries, but they look like curly chips. You should see the machine the very thinly slices the potato. We had a nice time.

Hope everyone is enjoying there weekend and staying warm.

• Like 1

Good Sunday morning, all. :rain   Rain is better than snow!  It's about 50* with light rain, which we really need.

Marlene ~ How funny that you drew your name for the raffle. ;)   You must be so pleased that it raised so much money!  The oyster festival sounds fun...I love oysters. :)

Donna ~ Feel better soon. :hug  I hope you were able to sleep better last night.

Linda ~ I'm glad GS had a better day at school on Friday.  Are you working on anything now?  (Duh, you're probably spinning, knitting, crocheting... :lol)

Judy ~ Yes, I like to lay everything out before joining, too!  The Hexagons are all made except for the last two rows, so I thought I'd join up until that point. 

Hi to the rest of our house, too. ♥

We're in for today, I think.  I'd love to spend the whole day crocheting, but chores come first. ;)

• Like 1

Hi, peeps!

We've already been out - Book store, Michaels...the essentials in life :lol

For signing up on email, I got a 20% off coupon for Michaels and it included sale items. I've been itching to get the vairiegated purples and greens that th store brand yarn has....and added plain green and soft purple to go with it. I have off white in stash.

I think I may make myself an ATW ghan in these colors. I can do it in blocks and join them as I get a batch done. I'll do that till I run out and then I'll see how big it is. I made something in almost identical colors years ago but gave it to a dear friend in FL who lives with MS and it's complications.

Have a great day my friends....we have a hint of Spring in the air today, and yet there was still a lot of snow in the yard for Miss Lucy to bury her snout in.

Hey! How are yall?? I am new here!

Welcome to Crochetville. Would you like to share your first name? If not, that's fine. Not everyone does.

Our group here on House is very casual - we work on our own, usually, unless we get inspired to start a joint project.

What do you like to crochet? Do you do any other needle work?