Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Finally making it for today.  Sounds like everyone is having a good Sunday.  I'm still fighting this silly bug.  Some things are better and some are worse.  So, it goes.

Hi, Orange Peach Girl.  Welcome to Our House!  :welcome   I've been a member here since about November 2007.  I just moved to central Iowa from Georgia in August.  I've been staying with my daughter for about 4 months now, after breaking my left shoulder the day before Thanksgiving.  I've been crocheting, knitting, and doing all sorts of needlework since I was 8 or 9 years old.  Mom taught me knitting and Grandma taught me crocheting and all the female relatives helped with the needlework.  All Grandma's sisters helped with the crocheting, too.  More recently  my next door neighbor helped me make a crib quilt for my niece about 5 or 6 years ago and it was off to the races from then on.  I don't even want to count how many quilting projects I have started at various stages, but it's over a dozen.  Now my daughter has gotten me started on carding and spinning assorted fibers into yarn.  And, off course, threw in an interest in weaving.  My living room is my craft room.  With sewing in the bedroom.  Needless to say, I stay busy.  I commented to  my daughter yesterday that I am now spinning finer than I ever thought I would be.  She just giggled.  She does tatting in addition to most of the above, with some woodworking as well.

GS is finally getting over this bug, and DD finally has most of her energy back.  This one is a doozy.

Bless you all.  :ghug 

Marlene, that is so funny, that you drew your own name.  The money you earned is a true tribute to your skill.  :clap 

We've had temps in the 40s all weekend and forecasted for all this week.  The snow is beating a hasty retreat.  It's been cold enough at night to avoid any flooding, which is nice. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. It's been a little warmer here too, it was in the low 40s yesterday. I worked this weekend, and it was very busy. I have to go to the eye doctor this morning. I have picked up a cold again, and feel rotten, but that might be because I haven't been sleeping well.

Welcome Orange Peach Girl.

Morning, peeps!

Cindy and Linda, I hope you both get better soon. Spring is coming!

The time change is a nuisance, but at least my pups are sleeping "later".

Off I go to go over the monday cleaning list!

Later, gators.

Hi Ladies,

Welcome Orange Peach Girl!

Linda, Glad everyone is starting to feel better. My cold is still hanging on. Yesterday I could of gone to urgent care, but didn't. I had a headache for two day and tylenol wasn't helping it. Today is better. We are suppose to be on a warm up this week so just maybe it will help.

Cindy, Hope your cold don't last to long. Wednesday will be two weeks for me.

Judy, Signs of spring was heard and seen here today. I heard the birds singing in between the down pours and I seen two frogs.

Mary, We had lots of rain here today.

I went to the jam session today and worked on the stars. I got 10 done. Forty to go. Hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

Morning peeps!

Marlene, yesterday and even this morning, which is very cold, we've had robins all over the yard, cardinals love our yard too. We have a few super tall "burning bush" plants that have red berries over the winter, so even in the worst snow we still see the cardinals.

I have one more baby hat to make and then I'll give the three of them and the vairiegated blnaket to my neighbor.

I can't wait to start the purple and green ATW, so after the last hat I'll make a few saltines to pep me up before going to yet another WIP that's been sitting around.

Have a great day my friends.

Good Morning. :)  Today is Gracie's 6th birthday...we will celebrate with an extra walk. :lol

Welcome to OrangePeachGirl! :welcome

Cindy ~ I hope you're getting some rest and also hope that the cold doesn't hang on too long. :hug

Judy ~ Can't wait to see your new yarn and the ATW in progress. :yes   Oops - I still haven't finished the rainbow colors ATW...better get that one out again.

Marlene ~ I heard you all were having rain, too.  Ours is supposed to be gone for a few days now...and warmer!  Feel better soon. :manyheart

Linda ~ The 40's must feel good for a change!  I hope all three of you get back to normal soon. :hug

Joanne ~ We miss you!

I'm going to be home all day.  Laundry is going and all of our bedding is piled in the laundry room - I took the comforter to the laundromat yesterday. Spring must be coming. ;)

Good Morning. :)  Today is Gracie's 6th birthday...we will celebrate with an extra walk. :lolDo you sing to her and give her extra treats too, the way we do? :lol 

Welcome to OrangePeachGirl! :welcome

Cindy ~ I hope you're getting some rest and also hope that the cold doesn't hang on too long. :hug

Judy ~ Can't wait to see your new yarn and the ATW in progress. :yes  I'll stack up the skiens and take a pic on my ipad! Oops - I still haven't finished the rainbow colors ATW...better get that one out again.Ooooooh! Rainbow colors! :dance 

I'm going to be home all day.  Laundry is going and all of our bedding is piled in the laundry room - I took the comforter to the laundromat yesterday. Spring must be coming. ;)

I had to chuckle....when we were snowbound last week we totally took apart the living room and dusted places that hadn't seen the light of day in years...lol! Next for us is the Master... :loco

Well, off to work on hat number three...and get an ice pack for my back. Walking still doesn't agree with most parts of my body...I'm hoping that'll eventually change for the better.

Hi ladies. Still not feeling well. However, I've been out and about, because I had to. Yesterday's eye dr appointment revealed that I have high pressure in my eyes, so I have to go back in June for an ultrasound. But, I got some good news there too, I described how I cannot see to drive at night and I'm getting some glasses that I can wear over my contacts for driving. He's pretty confident that they will help.

Today I ran to work for a few minutes and got groceries. When I got home from that, I got everything prepped for dinner tonight. It's just burgers on the grill. Our floor is being sanded and refinished, starting this afternoon, so the uproar in the kitchen is even worse than it has been. After this, dinner will microwaveable stuff from the freezer or going out. After tomorrow, the kitchen will be inaccessible until Sunday or Monday.

To top off my mess, last night our dishwasher died. It made a few loud popping noises and then flames and black smoke shot out of the front if it. It's a good thing we were home and near the kitchen. Turns out that there was a recall on the dishwasher, but today was the first I heard about it. We are getting 40% off a new one, but we have to order it directly from the company, so we will have to pay shipping. I wasn't going to get new appliances, but now I might. Oh and did I mention that it was full? I now have dishpan hands.:)

Tomorrow I have to teach. I hope I feel better than today. I was up and moving for about 4 hours today and I'm exhausted. This is after I slept for ten hours.

Wow, Cindy! The fire is the reason I only leave the refrigerators plugged in when I'm out of the house. I have a phobia about fire....childhood experience.... It's always something, isn't it? Glad the glasses will help with your vision!

I still have a dishwasher that likely only needs a new seal before I can use it without it flooding....lazy and it's only the two of us, so have been putting off doing it.

Beautiful yarn colors, Judy!  I really like shades of greens and purples together. :yes

Cindy ~ Oh, I'm so sorry you've had so much going on. :hug   Thankfully, the dishwasher fire wasn't any worse!  I hope your cold doesn't last too long.

I managed to crochet for about an hour and now it's time to start working on supper.  We'll be leaving early in the morning - DH is taking the train to Dallas for an appointment and lunch with a friend.  Not looking forward to rush hour, but it sure is better than driving to Dallas. ;)

Hi everyone

Been busy!! I was with the gs on Saturday and Sunday I spent with my middle dd since her birthday is tomorrow. Last night was craft club and between. Not being home on the weekend, working and then craft club last night I' m beat lol.

Tonight will probably be an early night. I think losing the hour of sleep with the switchover to daylight savings time has finally caught up

Will try and get back here tomorrow night !!!

Hugs to you all

Morning peeps!

Thanks, Cindy - I really should make more of them, but I'm so easily distracted... :P

Are you feeling better?

Hi to the rest of the House. Today is sunny and gorgeous, though the remaining white stuff in the yard (half of the yard) is still an ice rink early in the morning, Today should reach 60, and on days like this one will be I'm very glad I have a side door (laundry room) to let the pups in and out!

Have a good one, my friends,

Hello Housemates!

I'm back.   :yay

Obviously, there's too much to catch up on.  I did read a couple of pages back.

Judy - your hats and blanket are beautiful.  I love your purple and greens!

Joanne - I hope you had a restful night.

Cindy - Sorry about the fire.  Looking forward to pictures of your new kitchen.

Marlene - How sweet of you to let your friend have the afghan.

Linda - I hope things get better for your gs.

Donna - you have a nice family.  I'm the prodigal sister today.  I've been off the 'Ville for a while.  I live in Georgia (Sandy Springs) as well.  In what part of Georgia do you live?  I live with one of my three sisters and her off spring.  Our two youngest sisters live in Alabama.  I'm a BAMA girl living in Georgia.  I love the Crimson Tide.  It's nice meeting you and I plan to be around more.

I think the last time I was in here I'd just been in a car accident and was looking for a vehicle.  Well, I bought a van and had no car payment which was good since I'm not working.  Well, a month ago, I was in another accident (thankful neither was my fault).  I'm nursing a broken left hand.  I see the Ortho on tomorrow to see if surgery is necessary because the bone twisted when it broke.  I'm having crochet withdrawals because the cast had to extend out to my pinkie and ring finger.  I need the pinkie to hold my yarn.  My nephew suffered a broken left hand as well in a different area and not as severe.  All of his fingers are free.  Last visit to the Ortho, I chanted "free pinkie."

Last November, Jacob turned a year old.  He is a real boy.  Let me say this, I can't imagine the terrible twos being any worse.  Jaleia Marie was 11 years old last November.  She is a tall one 5'3".  Her dad is 6'5".  They are growing up so fast.

Well enough about me.  I'm just glad to be back.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :ghug

Valerie!  It's wonderful to see you again. :)   So sorry about your broken hand.  Hopefully it will heal quickly so you can crochet again. :hug

Judy ~ The hats are adorable. :c9  You're so good about posting pictures...thank you!

Cindy ~ I hope you're feeling a little better today. ♥

Joanne ~ You need to take a day off to get some rest.  :wink   How are the aghans coming along?

The drive downtown was horrible...still dark and the worst fog I've ever seen!  I came home the long way so I could stay off the interstate.  I'll be going back about 3 to pick up DH.  The sun is shining now. :)

Have a good afternoon, house. :manyheart

hi, Mary!

hi, Val!

I found the ville when I was surfing for patterns...with a cast on my left wrist...I really missed crochetting.

Thanks for the compliments on the hats ladies!

Shoot!  I just lost my post.

Cindy, I'm glad that you were home when the dishwasher flamed, so nothing worse happened.  Having your kitchen off bounds would drive me crazy, but for new floors it will be worth it.

Judy, those are beautiful colors for a ATW.  Cute hats, too.

Val, welcome back here at Our House.  Poor hand.  I hope it heals quickly and without needing surgery, but those twisting breaks can be a boogerbear to heal properly without surgery. Take care.

Mary, Happy Birthday to Daisy.

I've spent about 2 1/2 days coughing and bringing up mucous.  That finally seems to calming down today.  It was all clear, which is good.  Went to the grocery store today after PT and did okay.  It was in the 60s today, which felt really, really nice.  There is still a lot of snow around, but it's getting less each day.  Woopee!!!

Hi Ladies,

Val, Welcome back! Nice to see you around again. Sorry about the car accident and the broken had that both you and your nephew suffered. What had you been crocheting on up to the accident?

Cindy, Glad you were home when the dishwasher caught fire. Hope your feeling better. The kitchen remodel will be worth it when it is done. I wear my glasses for driving, but I can't get use to them at night time. I feel like I'm driving in a tunnel.

Linda, Glad your feeling better.

Judy, Love those colors and the hats are really cute too.

Joanne, Busy is a good thing sometimes, especially when it involves family time.

Mary, Did you get some me time while hubby was gone? Happy birthday to Gracie.

I have been working on the stars for the flag afghan. They don't work well with my hand. Friday we are having are yearly pond party. So tomorrow we have prepping to get done for it. We have a pavilion that we have it at so we have to haul everything there for it. We are serving grilled burgers, french fries and onion rings, klondike bars, tea and punch. We have horseshoes and shuffleboard near by.

Maya told her mom today she is tired of this weather (it was very foggy there this morning), tired of school and she is ready for summer. I think she must of been tired.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.

morning peeps.

Thanks for the nice words, ladies!

Linda, it sounds like you need some warm sunshine to bake the germs out for good!

It was still a little cool in our yard yesterday but for the second day in a row I sat out on the patio with the pups and theur toys. What a wonderful thing to finally be able to do. Last March was no where like the mess we've been having!

This morning it's much cooler again, and part of the ground has frozen up...again. 

Spring will arrive. Eventually.

I didn't do any hooking yesterday, but finally found the ATW chart that was MIA for the entire day! Now I can play with my new yarn.

Have a good day my friends.

Hi everybody, just wanted to let you know I am feeling a bit better. Thanks for the well wishes, it's been a tough go.  I'm so far behind I just thought I'd start anew.  

My sister who has cancer isn't doing very well, she will go for results of CT scan today and we don't expect good news.  My younger sister was diagnosed yesterday with acute kidney failure.  She will be having a round of tests before we know more.  Needless to say, I'm a total wreck with all this going on!

I hope Spring is appearing for everyone, rainy here but 70's are expected for the day, I'll take it!  I'll try my best to stop by tomorrow with updates.  Have a great day!  :manyheart

Valerie, I live in Summerville, my sister in Mableton.  We are close indeed!

I have managed to crochet some, working on a little dress now. 

post-74431-0-16022100-1426165080_thumb.jpg

Good morning ladies. Still sick, but I've been able to sleep with the help of meds. I sure don't remember colds knocking me down like this when I was younger!

After I worked yesterday, I spent the evening vacuuming up floor sanding dust which had crept into every nook and cranny. floors are being stained now. I've been banished to the basement for the day. (It's finished). That's okay, all my crafting stuff is down here. Tomorrow the finish can go on the floor, and by next week things should be sort of back to normal. ( or at least as normal as things get with half a kitchen.)

Donna, that is a very cute little dress.

Val, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal quickly.

post-15738-0-90649800-1426168011_thumb.jpgpost-15738-0-56537000-1426168218_thumb.jpgGood morning Housemates!

Thanks for the welcome back and well wishes for the hand.

Cindy - I hope you feel better soon.

Judy - Looking forward to seeing your ATW.  We're having nice weather here.

Donna - The dress is lovely.  I know where Mableton is but I've never heard of Summerville.  Lifting you and your family in prayer.

Marlene - I've made 4 of the heart blankets.  I've started on another Alabama houndstooth afghan.  I've also made 3 ponchos, scarves and hats.  I'll try to upload the ponchos.  The blankets are on my niece's phone.

Off to the Ortho.

Have a good day all.

Archived