Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, that RR is gorgeous!

Good morning.  I'm tired today.  It didn't help that I got woke up early yesterday and even earlier today.  The shoulder is sore as all get out which doesn't help any.  I think I'll try to take a nap later.  Although I need to get the x-rays done soon too.  I don't think I'm really up to driving downtown again. 

Morning peeps!

We should be having a heat wave today - will get up to about 40 by late afternoon!

Linda, your sleep pattern sounds like mine - but I'm not dealing with pain like yours! Does icing it or putting moist heat on it help at all?

Thanks on the RR - I'm not normally a "blue" person, but I love these colors together.

Have a good one, everybody!

'Morning, House. :)

Linda ~ I'm so sorry the shoulder is hurting. :hug   Has the orthopeodist given you any help?  I hope yesterday was another good day at school for your GS. :yes

Judy ~ Another gorgeous RR!  You've accomplished a lot lately. :clap

Cindy ~ How is the "new" kitchen coming along?

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

Thankfully, Luke is pretty much back to his normal happy self.  Zach, mom and dad haven't come down with anything.  It's back to Hobby Lobby for me this a.m.  I'm about 2 yards short of finishing!

Have a good morning, everyone.

Good morning.  I slept very late this morning and feel a lot better for it.  I cheated last night and this morning.  I bought a small bottle of ibuprofen yesterday and took a couple last night and this morning.  The pain is much better controlled although I'm not supposed to be taking it.  I've got to have some relief for at least a few days.  DD gave me some money that was set aside for child care for taking care of GS after school and on those days when he doesn't have school.  We decided that I would get her carder and she is getting a new one with a motor.  That still leaves me with some money to spend on some fiber I've been drooling over.  A black and gold wool silk blend, some bamboo fiber, and some mohair.  I'm having fun with blending colors and fibers with the carder and the  spinning of them is really so much fun.  And then I get to make up the yarn I've spun into special things.  A win win situation.

Hope you all have a great weekend.  It's above freezing so the snow and ice  are melting and compacting here.  It will make a mess in the morning after it freezes overnight.    Oh, well. 

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I hope things continue to get better for DGS. Hope your arm continues to get better. Hope nice your going to have your own carder to use. The yarn sounds really nice.

Mary, I don't get much sleep when Maya is with us either. She and grandma share one bed. Grandpa doesn't mind to much, he does a lot of dreaming and kicking. So at least I'm not getting kicked. Glad to hear Zack didn't end up with the flu and everyone else is not getting sick to.

Judy, Another beautiful RR and ruffle scarf. That is a nice tutorial to.

Hi to CIndy and Joanne!

Tab if you read this stop in and say hi! I always wonder when the weather is bad if your getting any of it.

There has been some good things happening for my mil. The heart doctor wrote another letter changing his thinking on my mil. She has a court appointed attorney and he is helping her. He met with mil and the aide the other day. They told him Ken and sil have all her keys. He returned them and wasn't happy about it. He even was nasty to the aide and pointed his finger on the end of her nose in the hallway. Sil told his mom Ken probably won't be back. Good! I hope he isn't.

Thanks for your prayers!

We had a pancake breakfast today with all the proceeds going to the purchase of a defiberator. We served 87 breakfasts.

Are weather is warming up again. Today it was 70 out and tomorrow even warmer. We all have been complaining about how cold it has been so this weather is welcomed. Tomorrow were going to a wood carving show. One of are friends does wood carving. He doesn't have an entry in it this year his wife told him he has gotten two ribbons let someone else have a turn. Shame on her. He has parkinsons and when he starts carving his shaking stops. It's the only time it does. I think that itself is a big enough accomplishment that he should enter what he makes. I wish I could get him to make me a crochet hook.

I face timed with Maya today. Her daddy and her were going shopping for a shirt for him. They are going to a daddy/daughter dance friday night. They have a hawaiian theme. Maya got her dress last night. Maya's sister is going to there house and she and there dad will be going to a different daddy/daughter dance.

Maya asked me again today "grandma can't you come home in March"? I told her no it's still to cold. She said will you come here before you go home. I said yes it's on are way home and we always come and see her first.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Flyby....

The birds are chirping....all confused by the slushy snow brought on by overnight "warming"

Good to "see" everyone! 

BBL!

Good morning and happy Sunday!

Linda- I hope that you are able to get back to your apt on the 14th! I hope that things will continue to improve for your grandson. I'm so happy , as I'm sure you are, that you decided to make the move to be closer to your family!

Mary- I'm sure that it was fun having Zach- but if my weekend with the boys is any indication, you are probably worn out!

Judy- This weather is crazy- the only good thing about this time of year is that it is starting to get lighter later in the day- so we know spring is coming!!! Gorgeous RR!!!

Marlene-- Good news about MIL- hope things continue to go well and that the family drama calms down

Cindy- how is the kitchen coming along? I'll bet you will be happy when it is all done.

Had my hair cut/colored yesterday- I'm one of those not ready to go gray! After that was done, I went down to DD's and we spent the day together with the boys- They had a bring your child to the library event at their library and the boys had a good time. I'm so happy that they love books---they get read to before naps and before bedtime---and in between.....It makes my heart happy!!! I always read to my girls growing up - and they are all readers- glad it rubbed off and DD is carrying on the tradition. I realized yesterday that I need to make Robbie a 'big boy blanket" since I had made one for Ryan when he turned 2!! Since they are currently sharing a room, I think I'm going to make a matching one for Robbie- if I have the colors in my stash---his birthday is the 15th of Mar so I had better get started- too many projects- too little time.

On that note, I'm heading out to the garage to see if I have enough of each color- Vannas- sapphire, lime, fern, colonial blue and little boy blue---wish me luck!!! LOL--at least if I'm a couple of skeins short, Vannas is on sale this week. ....

Have a wonderful, relaxing day!

Good afternoon.  I'm down today.  I feel like we're on a merry-go-round with just having to put up with even more pain to deal with from now on.  I did get the x-rays done yesterday.  It was done very quickly for which I am very grateful. 

Last night was the Eastern Iowa Arrow of Light ceremony.  It marks the transition of GS from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts.  It was also his cousin, Paige's birthday.  He spent the night at her house and will be back late afternoon today.  He also had cake at both the Arrow of Light ceremony and at the birthday party.  Sugar high. 

Hope you all have a good day.

Linda. Hang in there!!!

Success!!! I had enough of all the colors I'm using for the blanket. I'm making a granny stripe and have already started. Amazing how much faster crocheting is than knitting!!!

Hi everyone. ♥  It's warm (70's) and sunny - a beautiful day!

Marlene ~ Oh, it sounds like things are on the right track for MIL. :yes   Ken seems to have some control issues!?  My brother was like that when mom and dad got sick.  He charged into the lawyer's office and demanded to have complete control over their estate.  Obviously, that didn't happen. Considering he doesn't even open his mail, that would have been interesting.

Joanne ~ Yay!  It's always fun to have needed yarn in your stash.  The colors sound perfect together!

Hi Judy!  I hope you've had a good weekend. :)

Linda ~ :hug  Sending hugs.  When will you meet with the doctor again?  I hope you can get some relief very soon. :hug

Cindy ~ Did you have to work this weekend?

Time to start supper.  Have a good evening!

Thanks, to all of you.  I think my mood is kind of like a whiplash by product of everything that's been going on this last week.  We brought my spinning wheel back to DD's yesterday and I spent some time on it today.

GS is back from his uncle's house.  He had a very good time and is in a better mood now.

Hi ladies. Nothing exciting happening here. For those who asked the kitchen is moving along very slowly. We haven't actually ordered the cabinets yet,mhe sales lady suggested we wait a few weeks to see if the manufacturer would be offering a special. Lowes has 10% off all special order cabinets until the end of the month, so we will definitely order before then. They take 5 weeks to come in. The countertops cannot be ordered until the cabinets are installed. They take another 5 weeks to come in, so my new kitchen is a long ways off yet.

Linda, I'm sorry you are feeling so bad still. Hope those X-rays turn out ok. Glad Dgs is in a better mood now.

Marlene, your bil does sound like he has control issues. However, I hope things can be resolved in such a way that your mil gets what she needs, and family ties can be maintained.

Prayers and positive thoughts please. My step grandaughter will be having surgery tomorrow for a chiari malformation. She is in FL and unfortunately DH can't go. And we just found out that my sister in law's mom passed away today. She was in her 90s and her health had been failing. I had visited her about a month ago when she was in a nearby hospital.

Thanks!

OOOOPS! The computer ate my responses!

Joanne, be caredul on the roads today!

Linda, it's so good to have a craft we love to do....helps me, I know, when there are rough spots.....

I'm glad your GS had such a  good time!

Cindy, the disarray of a long term project like the kitchen would make me twitchy! And I'm not that neat a person, as hubby can attest! You sound so calm...lol.

Joanne, I looked up the helth issue with step GD....Thoughts and prayers for her, her parents, and for you and your DH too. I'm sure he's going to be so nervous. And your SIL...losing a mom, regardless of age, is so hard....

Off to start Monday chores. BBL,

Good morning.  Today is off to a better start.  Spinning, carding, and crochet, with a little quilting thrown in for variety do help when I'm down.  It smoothes out the rough spot to make something pretty.

Joanne, my prayers are with you and your family.  Hope the surgery goes well.

Cindy, my kitchen is one space that is so vital to making my world spin right that having it torn up for months at a time would drive me more than a bit nuts.  Good luck with it.  I'm sure it will be gorgeous when it's finally done.

Everyone be careful in the winter weather to stay safe.  Back below freezing all day here.  We did lose a lot of the snow over the weekend.  But the frozen ruts are something else again.

Hi everyone. :)

Joanne ~ Sending prayers and hugs for your granddaughter.  :hug  I had to read about the chiari malformation...how old is she?  Please let us know how she is doing. ♥

Linda ~ So glad you're able to focus on your hobbies!  I rely more and more on crocheting as an outlet and it does help. :yes   It was so good to read that DGS is doing better!

Cindy ~ Even though the kitchen is a slow process, it will be so much fun to have everything new!  Our kitchen is wide open to a large breakfast room and den so there is no where to stop. (Hope that makes sense lol)

Judy ~ I've run errands and goofed off today...Monday chores will have to be Tuesday chores for me. ;)

Hi to Marlene and anyone I've missed. :manyheart

Hi ladies. Very busy at work again today. I have to work tomorrow too.

Joanne, prayers and good thoughts for your step grand daughter. That's a scary thing to go through. Also, my condolences on your sil's loss.

My kitchen is still quite usable. Half the cabinets are gone, but I still have my everyday dishes, silverware and pots and pans easily accessible. The stove, fridge, microwave and dishwasher are still there too. It doesn't look nice, but it's functional. If we bought stick cabinets and laminate countertop it would be done in a matter of days. On Saturday I had dd, dsil, 6 grandkids and the two of us for dinner, so I coukd still entertain if I didn't having people over when the kitchen is half missing.

Thanks for the well wishes. They did a decompression and she came through the surgery well. She is in a specialized children's hospital and in the ICu. From what step daughter told DH this is standard after this surgery.

The roads were slick this morning. At least the side roads and my driveway were. Once I got on the main roads,they were fine. I opted to skip craft club again tonight since driving to and from work was a little stressful. No need to go out again. This is two Mondays in a row we have had icy conditions. Enough already !!!!

Off to get comfy and settle in with crocheting tonight

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, I had to look that surgery up to. Good news that surgery went well. Prayers continuing for a speedy recovery. Be careful on those roads. Good news you have enough yarn for grandsons blanket. Sorry to hear of your sil's mothers passing. Prayers for her and the family.

Cindy, At least you still have a functional kitchen.

Linda, Good news dgs is doing better after his outings. Sorry your having a down time. Your where your suppose to be. You need dd's help and she and dgs needs yours. All will be better real soon. I hope the x-rays comes back with a good report.

Mary, Are floor plan at home is open to. Sometimes I wish it wasn't.

Judy, I had my replies eaten up the other night to. I clicked back on to a new reply box and down on the corner it says something about last auto saved and clicked on that and it all came back. I don't remember who told us about that.

Good news! Ken has withdrawn his petition to the courts. He said he has talked to all his siblings and they all disagree with him. He didn't call hubby. But when hubby called Ken a couple of weeks ago he asked him why did he want to put there mom through all of this and at her age.

I think mil' lawyer talked Ken's lawyer and he was told he don't have any grounds to go on. I doubt there will be any mends between the siblings. They don't forget and forgive any one very easily. Glad we didn't go home for this. Because I was certainly thinking about it. We would of been on the road when we got this message. I'm happy for mil. I bet tonight will be the best night sleep she has had in awhile.

I added 7 more rows to the flag afghan.

Hubby and three other guys (friends) are building a shed along the side of are trailer for are gulf cart.

Everyone be safe and stay warm.

Good morning, everyone.  Cold here again today.  Brrr!!!  I need to go to the pharmacy and pick up a number of meds today, so will get that out of the way soon.   DD got a new spinning wheel which was hand made by a guy here in Iowa.  It's gorgeous and spins yarn up beautifully.  She's already got a buyer for the prior wheel.  I'm continually amazed at how finely she spins.  My spinning is a long, long way from being that fine and I don't think that I'll even try for that fine.  It has gotten finer than when I first started, by quite a bit.  I'm having fun and that's the main thing.  And when it's spun, I'll have even more fun making it into something special.

Joanne, I finally looked up dgd's diagnosis and am so glad that they intervened now.  It should make life a lot easier for her now.  Praying that her recovery is a smooth one.

Marlene, I'm so very glad the mil's son has backed off.  I've made my wishes known to my daughter, but I do need to get things written down to make sure that ds doesn't interfere with what I want when the time comes.  (Hopefully not for a long time, but you never know.)    I don't know that he would, but sometimes things can get super weird at the end.  Especially when there has been a breakdown in communication such as there has been between ds and I.  It's some better, but not a lot. 

Cindy, keep the end kitchen in your sights and the time will go by a lot quicker.  It's frequently a good thing to go for quality that will last rather than the quick fix that has to be redone over and over again.  I'm glad it is still so useable.  I've never had the luxury of a big kitchen, but have always wanted one.  Too late now.  There were always other things that were more important on the list of must have's when buying a home.

I have to get going.  Hope you all have a good day.

Hi, peeps!

Joanne, I'm so happy GD came through the surgery OK.

Marlene, I'll have to check out that way to get back the last replies. Thanks!

Mary, I like goofing off - unfortunately I don't get to do it that often.

Linda, you're right about enjoying the spinning, and if the outcome gets better over time, that's great. Kind of like writing....

Stay cozy, my friends.

Good morning ladies. I worked yesterday and did not leave there until about 45 minutes later than I hoped. I rushed home, changed clothes are a sandwich and we went over to DD's house to watch the kids while they went to dinner with a high school friend of hers. We had a fun evening playing board games with the boys, but I was very tired by the end of it. Today I am planning to go grocery shopping and maybe visit a few thrift stores. Every once in a while I like to poke around in those. I won't buy much, if anything, since I am in decluttering mode. We have our monthly potluck at church today and we are the hosts, (along with another couple), so we need to go early to set up and decorate. The hosts provide drinks, so I don't have to cook.

Marlene, I'm glad that Ken has backed off, that has to be a relief for your mil. Sorry that this means more family issues though.

Linda, as long as you enjoy the spinning, whatever the outcome, the joy is there. Seeing improvement over time is icing on the cake.

I like goofing off too...and sometimes I do just that!

Judy and Joanne, are you getting any of the snow that I hear is hitting the north east? Here it's just flurries and potentially record breaking cold.

Dh is patching the wood floor in the kitchen this week. (We removed a closet.) and hopefully it can be refinished in the next few weeks. Then we will probably paint, while waiting for cabinets to come in.

moning peeps!

Cindy, after working and then being with the grandkids like you....I would have had to be peeled off the floor! The older I get the harder it is to do too much in one day.

The snow has been hitting Boston and the surrounding areas north of me and Joanne. We have just had ICE....Some did melt yesterday, but our yard is still an adventure - overnight doggie deposts have to be chopped out of the ice with a long handles ice thingie (I think that's it's purpose). It works. Lucy thinks it's fun and the dogs still want to go out with their toys. It's one of those times I wish I had four legs like they do - seems to make navigating the moguls a lot easier...

The sun is out this morning, but it's in the twenties and a tad windy.

I really have more fun with snow.... :P

Good morning, everyone.   I'm getting really sick of gray skies.  I want to see sunshine.  I have a physical therapy appointment for tomorrow afternoon on my shoulder.  I'll find out what they think of what I've been doing and find out if there is anything they can add to improve it's motion.  The longer this takes, the more I think I did more than just crack the bone.  Of course, this is the first time I've had this kind of shoulder problem, so maybe I'm just in too much of a hurry to have it all better.  Frustrating.  We're going to take a cake over to the local fiber and yarn store on Saturday and visit with friends.  A fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day, don't you think.  German Chocolate, I think.  Wish I could send some your way, too. 

Archived