Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning ladies. Chilly and snowing a bit here, but not anywhere near as cold as yesterday! It's 5 degrees out at the moment. I had a good weekend at work, and now I'm off until Thursday.

Tabby, it's wonderful to see you. How is your family? I haven't done a CAL in a long time. I have lots of projects going though! I've taken up knitting, which is a very slow procedure for me. I still crochet more.

Judy, we've used Turbo Tax for four or five years. When our accountant retired, they referred us to a new firm, who charged twice as much, took twice as long and were very impersonal. Then the old accountants told us to try Turbo Tax, and it's what we've used ever since. It works out well for us, since once you purchase the program, it can be used several times. We use it for both personal and business taxes, plus our children also use it for their taxes.

Christi, your c2c is very pretty. Sure hope you get that furnace in soon. Is your weather as cold as ours?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

morning peeps!

It's about 4 degrees out there this morning, with a wind chill in the minus teens somewhere - but at this point it really doesn't matter. We were just happy the pups had some soft snow to run around in yesterday. I took them out three times and they had a  blast! Supposed to get 3 - 5 inches by tomorrow....at least it's not ice...and NOT Boston! 

Cindy, enjoy your time off. I wasn't sure if Turbo could be used ore than one year. Thanks for the head's up!

We're just heading out later to pick up some milk and a couple of household things. Now to bundle up for poopsicle search!

Later, gators!

Good morning, everyone.  It's 7* here now.  Feels really cold but we don't have the wind that we had over the weekend, which makes it feel nicer even though it's colder.

Tabby is wonderful to see you here again.  I'm working on a couple of shawls at the moment.  I've got a stocking hat on my knitting needles.  I started that right before I broke my shoulder in November so nothing is going very fast.  One of the shawls I'm working on is for me.  It's 50% medium green alpaca, 25% silver wool, and 25% white silk.  I've just finished the first of 4 skeins of the alpaca.

Warm hugs and kisses to all my friends - the weather has been a bear for many of us, but there are so many who are either in physical pain or emotionally hurting right now - we are here for you. You are never alone.

Hugs to everyone.   

I started the new pain medicine on Saturday, but haven't figured out how much it's helping.  Some, but not sure how much.  The pharmacist said that this is a low dose, so it may need to raised.  Or maybe it just needs to build up its presence in my system.

This is a corner to corner afghan I have been working on..if it shows.
Marlene~~I'm sorry for your loss! I hope you had a safe trip

Linda & sky's mom~~I am sorry for your losses as well! Linda, I'm glad you get to use heat now. Happy belated birthday

I used to have fun playing with the emoticons...they don't show up on my IPod nor can I change fonts or colors or anything

Christi, that is a beautiful corner to corner afghan.  I love the colors.

Belated happy birthday Linda!!!!

Spent a good part of the day yesterday so dd and the boys. We made heart shaped jello jiggers. They had fun!!! It's bitter,y cold out and we got about 4-5 inches of snow with higher areas due to the winds and drifting snow. My kind neighbor dug us out. All I had to so was clean off DH's car, park it in the street and he took over and did the sidewalk and driveway. all I had to do was the steps

I was working on the knitted blanket and the cable broke mid row. I think I salvaged the stitches but the project is in time out until I can get to the LYS So I've been working on the granny stripe for Robbie.
Oh, no!  Hope you retrieved all the stitches.
Christi..love the c2c blanket. Especially love the colors which are the nj devils colors and Rutgers univ colors ;-). Hope you get the furnace installed soon

Hope you are all having a good day......Marlene I'm thinking about you at this difficult time.

We have several days with snow predicted for this week, but don't know how much.  Take care in all that snow.

I've put in my order for 16 to 20 ounces of black merino wool mixed with lots of gold silk to spin.  Also 8 ounces of ecru bamboo and 8 ounces of lemon mohair.  The second two will be blended with the camel fiber I just got.  Also picked up colored silk in various reds for blending.

I had a wonderful birthday.  Picked up meds and a cake, then went to local fiber store to spin and share the cake with my friends there.  The cake was unfrosted chocolate cake with a choice of either whipped icing or German type frosting.  I had 2 pieces and it was ever so yummy.  We watched movies that I chose in the afternoon and evening.  Went to my favorite Chinese place for supper.  Yummy again.  Thank you for all the birthday wishes.  We're waiting to see how well the new pain med does before moving back to the apartment.  Next weekend will be 3 months, so maybe that will be the time. 

Have a good day, all.  Stay safe in all this winter weather.

Howdy ladies. It is bitterly cold here today, but grocery shopping had to get done. Now I am in where it is warm & I am staying put. Hopefully, y'all are staying warm too. 

Tabby, it's wonderful to see you. How is your family? I haven't done a CAL in a long time. I have lots of projects going though! I've taken up knitting, which is a very slow procedure for me. I still crochet more.

My family is doing well. I think the last time I was in here was right after I had Elijah......he is now 3 years old. We just moved this weekend after 11 years in our other apartment. My twin boys are out on their own.....Tre is living with his girlfriend in the next town over and working full-time AND Sage is living in a dorm room at SUNY Cobleskill studying diesel mechanics. 

I still want to learn how to knit, but it causes me so much stress. I want a pair of knitted socks someday......so I guess I'll have to stress myself out for a pair. Haha.

Tabby is wonderful to see you here again.  I'm working on a couple of shawls at the moment.  I've got a stocking hat on my knitting needles.  I started that right before I broke my shoulder in November so nothing is going very fast.  One of the shawls I'm working on is for me.  It's 50% medium green alpaca, 25% silver wool, and 25% white silk.  I've just finished the first of 4 skeins of the alpaca.

Thanks! So sorry to hear about your shoulder.....prayers for healing quickly & minimal pain. Your shawl sounds like it is going to be super soft. Happy birthday! 

Happy Monday, everyone.  It was 70* yesterday and it's 25* now...certainly not as cold as most of you have, though! :flake

Tabby! ~ It's so good to see your posts. :)   I'm glad you and your guys are doing well...and Elijah is 3 already!  My grandsons are 4 and 2 - they grow up so fast.  I'm right there with you on knitting.   I really tried and even took classes years ago - way too stressful for me. ;)

Christi ~ Your afghan is gorgeous!  Keeping fingers crossed that you get your furnace installed soon. :yes

Judy ~ Congrats on getting your taxes done!  Sarah and the boys were here most of yesterday, which was sure more fun than spending more time on our taxes. :lol  'Hope to get back to them tomorrow.

Linda ~ Your birthday sounds wonderful!  Spinning, friends, cake and good food...I'm so glad your day was extra special. :manyheart

Joanne ~ I hope you're safe and warm - did you have to work today?

Cindy ~ Enjoy your days off! 

Marlene ~ Thinking of you and your family. :hug

DH is still doing a bit of consulting and he needs my help on his computer today.  Have a good afternoon!

Hi all, and Happy President's Day---too bad it wasn't a holiday where I work :(

Luckily it was a holiday for my DD in Boston--they have really gotten slammed this winter!!!  At least she is a kind thoughtful daughter who checks in with me daily---she knows how i worry!! LOL

Tabby- Wow! Elijah is 3 already?  I have 2 grandsons now- Ryan is 3 1/2 and Robbie will turn 2 in March--the time sure does fly- I've taken up knitting as well--I love it-- I find it very relaxing, EXCEPT when the cable breaks when you are 2/3 of the way finished with a knitted blanket!!! LOL---I'm taking it to the LYS one night this week and get a new cable and assistance to make sure I have all the stitches put back on. I'm also still crocheting, and have a granny stripe on the hook for Robbie's birthday

Judy - Stay warm!!! And more white stuff on the way tonight!!!

Linda- Sounds like you had a lovely birthday- and hopefully the pain meds will start working their wonders!

We have also used Turbo Tax for our taxes---will be tackling that soon......

Off to figure out dinner- I forgot the library was closed tonigh- so no craft club for me..

Have a good night!

morning peeps!

It's about 4 degrees out there this morning, with a wind chill in the minus teens somewhere - but at this point it really doesn't matter. We were just happy the pups had some soft snow to run around in yesterday. I took them out three times and they had a  blast! Supposed to get 3 - 5 inches by tomorrow....at least it's not ice...and NOT Boston! 

Cindy, enjoy your time off. I wasn't sure if Turbo could be used ore than one year. Thanks for the head's up!

We're just heading out later to pick up some milk and a couple of household things. Now to bundle up for poopsicle search!

Later, gators!

Turbo tax is only good for the year you bought it, but it can be used by more than one person. At least the version we buy can. I think it can be used 5 times, but only one year.

Thanx for the compliments in the c2c!

Cindy...I am only a couple hours south if you...so yes, frigid. DH did get the furnace installed yesterday, such a relief!

Delayed opening at work! Still snowing so we'll see. Have to call back at 9 to see if there is any change. I cleaned off DH's car for him. And shoveled the driveway. It's very light fluffy snow thank goodness. He just called and said the commute is going very slow. I say slow and steady is a good way to go.

Glad you got your furnace in, Christi!!

Now I think I'll use my found time to crochet a little

Judy did you hear about the fibre fairies in morristown who are leaving scarves and hats for those that need them on the morristown green statues? They are all doing it anonymously.

Christi ~ Yay for having the new furnace installed! 

Joanne ~ I hope you have a snow day...it's perfect crocheting weather. :)

Hi to the rest of the house, too. :manyheart

Errands this a.m. and then I'll be home for the rest of the day.  DH is meeting with friends that are in town for Rick's funeral tomorrow and they're picking DH up, so no chauffeur duties today. ;)

Good morning. Dd is coming over with all 6 grandkids today. It's too cold for them to play outside, although they might not think so.

I went in to order my kitchen cabinets yesterday,mand found that they have two new promotions in addition to the promotions we already got. They saved us another two thousand dollars. The installer will measure today and tomorrow I have to go in and pay for them.

Christi, glad to hear that you got the furnace in.

Tabby, I find it hard to believe that the twins are old enough to be out on their own! Seems like they were just little boys!

Joanne, stay safe on those roads. Some guy here knits hats and scarves and leaves them out and about downtown for people to pick up too.

Hi Ladies,

I came on the vile Sunday night and typed in a big response but it wouldn't post. I tried three times. I was signed in as I was on my brothers computer. So I'll try my memory.

Cindy, great news on ordering your new cupboards and the savings you received. Enjoy the day with DD and the grandkids.

Tabby, so nice to see you here again. It doesn't seem like the boys are old enough to be on there own. We have two new great grand babies. Bentley just turned 1 last Wednesday and his sister (Aubrey) was born in January.

Mary, we had snow flurries here this morning. It is 16* right now. We will be below zero later this week. Enjoy sometime to yourself today.

Joanne, safe travels to and your DH. Oh wow, your cable breaking and losing all your stitches. Good luck with getting your afghan restarted.

Judy, safe travels while your out and about today.

Christi, glad you were able to get your furnace installed. It's a beautiful c2c you made.

I arrived only 40 minutes late Saturday. Pretty good considering the plane was an hour late. We went shoe shopping for me without any success, then out to dinner. When we got back to Maya's DS and the kids were here for the night. Did find a pair of shoes on Sunday though. The funeral was yesterday. He had lots of friends and family come both days. He drove the tow truck at Spartan Speedway on Friday nights for many years. They put a really nice memorial on there website in honor of him. They are also going to plan a Gordy night.

It's looking like the weather is going to be nasty in Boston this weekend. So DD wants me to change my flight to fly into somewhere else. She's going to call and see about it. Right now you can't get through there dealing with cancellations from Nashville. I'll be back later. Stay warm and have a nice day everyone!

Tabby- Wow! Elijah is 3 already?  I have 2 grandsons now- Ryan is 3 1/2 and Robbie will turn 2 in March--the time sure does fly- I've taken up knitting as well--I love it-- I find it very relaxing, EXCEPT when the cable breaks when you are 2/3 of the way finished with a knitted blanket!!! LOL---I'm taking it to the LYS one night this week and get a new cable and assistance to make sure I have all the stitches put back on. I'm also still crocheting, and have a granny stripe on the hook for Robbie's birthday

Haha!! Well, I go to a crochet/knitting group at the library & we have a knitting expert......she always talks about putting a line in, so you don't lose your work. I guess it makes it easier in case these issues occur. You just pull a piece of thread or yarn through every couple rows.....then you can pull them out as you go along. 

Yes, time does fly......another couple years & I'll probably be a grandma. 

Haha!! Well, I go to a crochet/knitting group at the library & we have a knitting expert......she always talks about putting a line in, so you don't lose your work. I guess it makes it easier in case these issues occur. You just pull a piece of thread or yarn through every couple rows.....then you can pull them out as you go along. 

Yes, time does fly......another couple years & I'll probably be a grandma.

I go to a craft club at my library too. Lol. I m going to put a lifeline in a few rows back from where the cable broke. Luckily this blanket is just row upon row of garter stitches. I'm changing colors every 26 rows with 8 rows of gray in between. I'm sure it's salvageable. I also wrote to knitters pride and they are sending me a new cable.

Good Morning!

Marlene ~ I hope you can change your flights to avoid more delays!  I'll bet Maya is happy to have you visit!

Judy ~ Love the picture!  I sure hope you all haven't had that much snow. lol

Cindy ~ It sounds like you may need a quiet day today - 6 grandkids all at once!  ;)   We're going to have Luke and Zach for 3 days/nights in March and at least one weekend in April, so I'm already planning on losing sleep.  Our bedroom is downstairs, but the others are up and they're just too little to leave up there at night.  I'm thinking about putting their tent and sleeping bags in our home office and zipping them in. :lol

Joanne ~ That's great that you'll be getting the cable soon!  How much snow have you had?

Tabby ~ Are you working on anything now?  I remember always admiring your beautiful projects! :yes

Linda ~ I hope you're staying safe and warm. :manyheart

We need to leave about 10, so I'd better get moving.  Have a good morning, all. ♥♥♥

Good morning. We got some snow overnight, an inch or two. Everything was all pretty and sparkly when I looked out this morning.

We are going to go order our new kitchen cabinets after lunch. The guy who measured found that several of the designers plans wouldn't fit. Also, after all these years, (35 of them) that I've been living with this kitchen, I've now learned that the sink is not centered under the window. I never noticed it until the installer pointed it out! Now it bothers me. So my new kitchen will have the sink centered. I think his changes will actually make the cost even less than before. We had to eliminate a cabinet and shrink a couple more. We should still get the $1000 reduction for buying 10 or more cabinets. If not, I would probably purchase a 10th cabinet! The installer said that he had just put in a laundry room where the homeowner had done that in order to get that reduction.

Marlene, hope you found new flights.

Hi, everyone.  I reached a milestone on the way to going back to the apartment.  I took a shower yesterday and felt safe the entire time.  Yay!  :yay  

Physical therapy is going slowly and painfully.  I have another session this afternoon and tomorrow then not until Monday.

Yesterday a friend and I went to Sam's club and then out to lunch.  Her gift for my birthday.  We went to a Mongolian barbeque place that isn't far from here.  I haven't had that since I moved down South and it was marvelous.  :D   We were back here before GS got home from school and had a marvelous time.  And it was 18* with some wind but not a horrendous one.

Yesterday was also the Blue and Gold banquet for cub scouts.  GS's last activity as a cub scout.  We did duck out early, as GS wasn't interested in the program (a juggler.)

Cindy, hooray for the discounts and having a cabinet in the laundry area sound like a great idea.'

Mary, a tent in the other room sounds like a great idea for the GS's sleeping arrangement.

It's one degree out there today.  Brrrrrr!  :wcold  :wcold

Hope you all have a good day.  :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Mary, my grandkids love making tents in the house, so I bet your grandkids would too. Maya is loving grandma being here.

Cindy, I would order a tenth cupboard to for the discount.

Judy, that picture is probably how Boston feels this winter.

Joanne and Tabby, I enjoy are crafts day at the park. On Thursdays they have a group of ladies who get together for hand work and sewing and other hand work. One does Swedish weave, one does embroidery and two do sewing. I took my crocheting. I need to remember about it though.

DD texted a friend who lives in Boston and as of today she thinks I should be okay. So we didn't change anything. I'll just watch the weather. It has been snowing here most of the afternoon and hasn't stopped yet. It's not going to either. We got on the highway after picking Maya up and got right off at the next exit as we couldn't see in front of us. We brought the side roads home. DS is out on the east coast in the weather. He headed there after my brothers funeral.

Maya's dog Koko has really taken to me. I told DD be careful Koko might adopt me. She's only 4 months old so she is still in training. She's a bullmastiff, copper colored.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and a great Thursday. Stay warm!

It turned out that I needed 15 cabinets, so no need to order an extra one. It also turned out that in addition to the $1000 dollar discount, we got 50% off the extra cost for a premium finish, (painted finishes are considered premium), plus 5% back in the form of a Lowes gift card, (hubby is pleased with that!), plus 5% off for using our Lowes credit card. I didn't order counters yet. Initially I thought that I wanted one that was on sale until the end of the month, but I ultimately decided on one that isn't on sale. Since it's not on sale, I decided to look around a bit.

post-8552-0-59763000-1424352739_thumb.jpgMorning peeps.

We had our friends over yesterday - and this is a picture of a very excited Lucy, her black ball in her mouth, looking to see if her favorite people had arrived yet - she's looking in the kitchen window.

Tabby ~ Are you working on anything now?  I remember always admiring your beautiful projects! :yes

Of course......a few actually. Haha, some things never change. I am trying to finish up my sweater (I am making myself a sweater out of Madeline Tosh yarn that I won)........then I'd like to start the summer sweater by Glamour4U. I also have an afghan sitting on the sidelines & a half finished giraffe that is begging for attention. 

Judy, that is a great picture of Lucy!

It was 12 below when I left for work today. Thankfully my old Blazer started. Speaking of which, I got a new car, a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Evidently my DH finds it embarrassing to have his wife driving around in a 15 year old vehicle, no matter how good a shape it's in. However, we are going to keep the Blazer, since it runs so well, and has only 120,000 miles on it. I sort of wished that I took the Jeep today though...it has heated seats and I could have used them. Work was very busy, but I enjoyed my day. Work again tomorrow.

Archived