Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Mary - beautiful work!!   Sorry to hear DH gave up his car.  It's a hard decision to make.

Joanne - glad you've had some R&R time.  Hope your work is getting better.  Mine is still the same :( 

Kiyo - congrats and what beautiful pictures.

Judy - if you were close enough, I'd join you for that drink.  It's been that kind of week.

Someone asked if I'd decided on littlest GS afghan--well, he decided.  I did a square in a box stitch and he said it was soft enough--so I don't have to buy more yarn except for the yellow I still need.  I've got all the middle of the squares done for oldest GS's afghan, now I'm going around them in white.  Then I get to join them.  At least there's only 35 of them to join :)    I gave up on trying to unsew the other squares, so I'll just use the ones I had left and hadn't sewn together yet--so DD will get a purple and white afghan instead of that jacket I tried to make last year. 

Question about joining squares--do you sew them or crochet them together?  I haven't ever crochet them together, not sure how it would go or if its easy enough to do. 

Will have a busy weekend, will have the GS, will take a friend shopping at Walmart and then a wedding shower on Sunday.  I'm not seeing a lot of rest on either day.  The bad thing is the weather is going to turn very cold tomorrow night, chance of severe weather as well. 

Have a great Friday and a great weekend.  Hugs to all!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'morning...ooops, afternoon! Couldn't log on before we went out on errands...

Miss Lucy was very majextic as she flew by the house yesterday - it was the first time she's ever beenable to open up like that!

We bougt felt floor protectors for the table and chairs this AM...and a drastically reduced GelPro mat for in front of the kitchen sink. I think we have the essentials -including a spongemop to wipe up dog drool from the floor!

BBL!

Hi, everyone.  Last night at prayer shawl group they were filming the group crocheting and talking about how we joined the group and how we received our prayer shawls for a special on the group that will be shown during church the 13th.  I was one of the ones that was filmed.  And I got teary when I talked about receiving my shawl.  They are such a wonderful group of women and a strong support group for all of us.  Today I have to get the crib quilt together and quilted.  

I read all the posts, but don't remember everything.  

Marisa, it sounds like you've had a great week.

Joanne, I'm hoping things slow down a bit for you soon.

Judy, that must have been a sight seeing Lucy running at full tilt.  I'm glad everything turned out well.  And congratulations on the new floor.

Sherry, thinking of you and hoping that things calm down soon.  I have found that people who insist on micro-managing others are actually very insecure themselves.  It can help to realize that what is going on is that they are frightened by the changes.  They doubt themselves and usually have poor self-esteem.  Their insecurity is what is making them such a pain to live and work with.  People like you, who are secure in themselves and their job are a huge threat to them.  It usually helps to just listen to them and then go ahead and do what you know needs to be done.  It may not help them, but it will make your life easier.

Mary, it's so hard to give up on driving and selling the car that was yours is a huge step forward in accepting that you can't drive anymore.  Congratulations to hubby on making the decision and on how much he got for the car.   

Val, thinking of you and hoping things are going well for you.  Hope the health problems are improving.   :hug

Linda ~ Your prayer shawl group sounds so very special.  I'm so glad you have them in "real life" and that we have eachother online! :manyheart   I hope the rest of the quilt making goes smoothly!

Judy ~ I can just picture Lucy flying down the street with a grin on her face and thinking "free at last!" :lol

Sherry ~ The rain and cooler temps are supposed to be here after midnight - can't wait to open some windows!  I always whipstitch squares together, but there are instructions for crocheting, slip-stitching, etc. online.  Sometimes the small ridge formed by crocheting them together looks really nice. :yes

Gracie had her bordetella (sp?) and flu shots this a.m.  Then DH and I went to get our flu shots.  They were out of the one recommended for DH, but I got mine.  Home for the rest of the day - I hope to crochet a little later. :)

Hi Ladies,

Mary, The hexs are gorgeous! That's a tough decision DH made on giving up his car.

Kiyo, Aree is beautiful and growing right up. She has a beautiful smile to. You and Andre look so happy. The hats are cute.

Cindy, Are we hitting that middle age (that certain age we have to get certain test)? Hope you've enjoyed your week off.

Linda, :clap  for finishing your quilt top. Good planning get your Christmas shopping done so early. It's so nice you have such a nice group of ladies to share things with and do things with.

Judy, :clap on the new floor. Glad the dogs are home and okay.

Sherry, I have done both sewed and crocheted my squares together. Sorry work isn't getting any better. Enjoy your weekend.

Marisa, It sounds like you've been busy but having fun to. We use to bowl and I do miss it.

Joanne, Hope your week was just crazy because you weren't there last week to take care of things.

I have to say I'm glad it's Friday, but wish I had another day at Maya's.  They had a big turn out for the cheerleading clinic last night. The girls were all cheerleading tonight at the first quarter of the varsity game.

I picked Payton and Jocelyn up at school today then we went and watched there dad ref soccer. In the last few minutes it started raining and lightening so the game was ended and we left for home.

Hubby took care of Daisy, getting her there for her surgery and picking her up. You wouldn't even know she had surgery. I thought she would feel like humans do and want to just sleep, but not at all. They did say to not let her jump around. That might be a job in itself.

Today I left Maya's early so I could get my hair cut and look around at walmart. They have the biggest and best craft section of any walmart ever. While getting my hair cut this man walks into walmart and I told the lady cutting my hair "that guy looks just like Santa Claus" she agreed he did. I seen him later looking at boots. I told the kids I seen Santa Claus shopping and he was looking for boots. I said you know that means he's getting ready for winter. Payton kept telling me I was lying, but I told him I would never lie to him. I'll have to find my keychain with me and Santa (it was taken at the mall one year). Payton is 9 so this will probably be his last year of believing in Santa.  

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Were suppose to have a rainy one.

Good morning,

It's been a crazy week--with lots of hours put in working. Going in this AM till noon and then finally some time off...of course that means I'm not really off since I'll have to clean, do laundry and such. Tomorrow, though- nothing but R&R time and some knit/crochet time.

Judy- I'll bet the floors look wonderful. I can only imagine Lucy speeding down the street! Good thing that both she and Sparkie were ok after leaving the confines of your yard!!

Sherry- Work is just as crazy for me as it seems to be for you unfortunately. Lots for me to think about as I ponder my next steps. The blankets sound like they will be great. I pulled out a scarf for one of my co-workers that I'm knitting and ended up falling asleep with it in my hands. Luckily I'm using circulars and everything is fine and no lost stitches!

Linda- Your prayer shawl group sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you are enjoying it. I heard there were tornadoes last night in a part of Iowa--I hope nowhere near your DD and GS

Cindy- Does your DS and DD have closing dates on their new places? Your DD must be so excited to be getting her first place!

Marlene- Sounds like a good time was had with Maya--must be so hard to leave her! Glad to hear that Daisy is ok after her surgery!

Mary- My doc ordered a bone density test for me too--unfortunately I have to have it done elsewhere since he doesn't have the equipment in his office. I'll schedule it for the same time as my mammo which I still have to schedule-that and fasting lab work. Ah the joys of aging! LOL

Well, off to get ready- Have a good day everyone!

Marisa- I'm happy for the town of Pittsburgh to have the Pirates in the playoff hunt after so many years! How great that you were able to go to that game! It's weird not to have the Yankees in the hunt.  Love the rubber duck picture that was posted on FB--and the one in your mom's yard- LOL

Hockey has started and I did watch some of the Devils game last night- heartbreaking loss in a shootout. At least it was fun to watch! Now my Giants on the other hand- not so much fun to watch--kind of like the Steelers with their stellar 0-4 start (said with a hint of sarcasm) LOL

Have a great weekend!

Good morning ladies. It's the first week of two weeks of vacation. We will be going to the smokies later next week. Unfortunately the national park is closed due to the government shut down. Hopefully we will find other entertainment.

Mary, what a huge thing for your dh to give up his car. At least he got a good price for it.

Joanne, my dr office doesn't have bone density screening equipment either. They used to have it there, but now it's located where I have my mammogram done, which is actually closer to me. Hope you find some time to relax this weekend. Ds and dd are bot closing on Oct 31. Dd won't get possession until Nov 7. Ds house is empty.

Sherry, I keep hoping work gets better for you. I'm glad you have the plans for your dgs's blankets squared away.

Judy, what a relief that the dogs are okay! Glad you like your new floor.

Marlene, yes, I am getting to that age.......:). Glad to hear Daisy did so well with surgery.

Linda, your prayer shawl group sounds very special.

Well, better get up and get the day started. Lots to do around here. Housework, and I ought to start flower garden cleanup. It is supposed to rain though, so that might have to wait.

Hi, ladies.  And, yes, the prayer shawl group is a very special group of gals and the occasional guy.  Anne's husband, and Jenny's granddad sometimes join us.  As does the grandson of a lady in Pennsylvania.  We sent her a prayer shawl and now she makes some for us.  The grandson brings them in after his visits to see her.  

Yesterday ended up not being productive.  I was tired and slept very late.  Then I just didn't have any ambition at all.  Went to bed early and feel more rested today.  I work this afternoon so won't get much crafting done until later.

Cindy, congratulations to both DD and DS on closing soon on their houses.  Have fun on your vacation to the Smokies.

Marlene, I'm glad Gracie is doing well after the surgery.

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, I hope you can get some rest this weekend. It is harder some days

than others to leave Maya. Like yesterday when I took her to school. I picked up the day care ladies son as that is what DD does. So there was no hug or kiss. I was crushed! That was the first time ever. I guess she's to big to give grandma a kisses in front of Maverick and her school friends. I even blew her a kiss and she just waved.

Cindy, Enjoy your vacation and especially your time in the Smokies.  How exciting that DD and DS have closing dates so close.

Linda, Hope you had a nice day at work today. I was awake this morning at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep so I turned the tv on and watched a show and off to sleep I went. I dislike when that happens.

Judy, Your scarf is going to be pretty. I seen a swatch worked up at Walmart yesterday in red and silver.

I did some crocheting today. I'm making a hat for Maya's dad and you have to really pay attention. It's called Criss Cross Hat pattern on ravelry. I'll try and remember to get the link for you to see it. It's all fpdtr's (front post double trebles). Someone sent him a picture from his favorite football team you have to buy and it's knit. So I looked and found a crochet one. I know I don't want to do another one. Plus I'm doing it in navy with  light blue, so I'm only working on it in the day time. 

DS told me I have planters fasciitis. He suffers from it to. Especially during soccer season. I looked it up on the internet and some people recommend these Oofos. They make a sandal and a clog. They are suppose to sell them in the town not to far away from me and one down by DD. But Amazon has them to. The reviews on Amazon say they run small so I would really like to try them on first. I have been exercising my feet to. I know with the hours we put in, in the kitchen in Texas I have to have this under control.

Daisy has been sleeping a lot today.

Have a good evening and a great sunday. It's suppose to be rainy here tomorrow.

Good morning,

Enjoy your 2 weeks off, Cindy!!!  That's great that they both found places and get to close so soon! They both must be excited!

Marlene- Have you been to a doc for the plantar fasciitis? Glad you had a good time with Maya- and yes, it's hard when they don't want to  kiss you in public anymore--all part of growing up!

Linda- Hope you have a good day today and that work went well yesterday

Mary- Anything relaxing planned for today? I hope to see my GS later on--will ask DD to come over i to have dinner but I don't know if she has any plans.

Off to play with hook and pointy sticks

Work went well.  I have a luncheon with the prayer shawl group this afternoon and then plan to get together with Rosie and get the crib quilt put together and start sewing on it.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi, ladies. I'm sitting out on the porch listening to it rain. It's a bit cool, but I'm wearing a jacket and am plenty warm enough.

Marlene, I would echo Joanne's saying to take your plantar fasciitis to the dr. I've had it and not bearing weight on the foot, exercises to strengthen and stretch the tendon and muscles and footwear with good arch supports are essential. Dr Scholls brand makes a decent arch support insert that is reasonably priced. I think around $10 or $12 last time I bought a pair. Even though my work shoes have good support, I sometimes add the insert if my heel is beginning to bother me.

Joanne, hope you have a nice relaxing day.

I'm off to get some lunch.

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Hope you were to see the GS today. And no I haven't been to the doctor. If it gets worse I will.

Cindy, I have inserts I wear in my tennis shoes, which are skeechers. I've worn skeechers tone up flip flops all summer. I hate to wear shoes especially after having the last two winters being so nice. But that may be why I'm having the problems now. Even though these aren't flimsy thin flip flops.

Linda, Hope you had a nice lunch with your prayer shawl group. I'm sure and Rosie are having a good time quilting together. How is John doing after his health issues last winter?

Hope everyone else in the house had a nice day. DS has taken the kids home and he's heading to the girlfriends for a few days. It's going to be quiet around here, but it will be nice. Wednesday we have to go to Ann Arbor for hubbys pre-op appointment. Thursday he has a couple of VA appts if the government is back to work. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Good morning housemates :hi

It's going to be another crazy week on deck :eek  I had a busy weekend with the Pa Chiropractic Convention and then Steph and Bean came back last night so I had to pick them up at the airport and ended up scalping their tix for the game since it didn't make sense for me to go just a couple of innings, but I made them $120 :)  So for today's game I was supposed to have tix and the whole situation became a mess and my tix ended up being sold on stubhub!!!  :eek:angry  Needless to say that I was extremely upset last night.  Steph felt absolutely horrible and kept an eye on stubhub all night watching for prices to start dropping to buy me and my friend tix that had already called her boss at home earlier to see if she could leave work early today.  I told her not to worry about it and that it wasn't worth trying to look for tix to buy (we already had them and she sold them!!!!!)  Ugh.....   So, my friend text me this morning just to confirm before she went to tell her boss she didn't have to leave early after all and she said that he genuinely felt bad for her that it made him want to look for tix for us! LOL  Just that thought did put a little smile on my face this morning.  So, now I'm debating heading over to the bar/tavern by the office to watch the game.  We'll see what happens.  I do have stuff to get straightened out here....of course that paperwork never ends and I've been trying to iron out some things since I switched my clearinghouse in August, just got some answers on Friday, but then had to run right out so didn't get to actually do any of the fixing :shrug  But, I had a great time hanging out with Ingrid and the kids ;)

We have relatives coming in from Tampa starting on Wednesday and through Friday and so my parents are coming in Thursday night.  We have an appointment at that back on Friday morning....my parents are getting home equity loan for me to consolidate my credit cards with an extremely lower interest rate, which will help overall with monthly bills for us.  And since I don't 'own' anything, I couldn't get one for myself and personal loans don't have the great rates, nor do I have the income to justify the loan for now. 

Umm, I think that's about it for now......

Sherry - I like to whipstitch, but I did do one that I crocheted together and the recipient loved that look!  I personally prefer a smooth transition

Mary - Glad to hear that dh is adjusting into not having the car

Judy - Glad to hear everything worked out well with the pups and I think I 'unknowingly at the time' had that drink with you

Joanne - At least my Eagles aren't doing so horrible yet....not great either, but comparatively.....

Sorry if I missed anything else....I read a while ago and was in the middle of replying and of course got sidetracked

Happy Monday, everyone. :)   The weekend turned out to be very full, and we've had gorgeous cool fall weather for a change! :autumn

Marlene ~ Thank you for the compliment on the hexagons. :manyheart   I'm so glad Daisy is doing well after her surgery - we've never been able to "keep them quiet" either. :lol  Loved reading that you saw Santa buying boots the other day. ;)  I hope your DH's appointments go okay - did you tell us Oct. 23rd for his surgery?

Joanne ~ Sorry about working on Saturday, but your Sunday sounds good!

Cindy ~ How exciting to be going to the mountains this week!  Enjoy your two weeks off. :yes

Linda ~ Lunch out with the prayer shawl group and time with Rosie sounds like a perfect way to spend Sunday. :)

Marisa ~ You've got a super busy week planned!  So sorry about the mix up with the tickets - but watching the game with friends sounds fun, too.

I to those I've missed, too. :manyheart

Hi, all.  Rosie and I got the crib quilt together.  It started to rain around 7:00 so we watched some TV together, but instead of quitting it got heavier and heavier.  I got really wet, but made it home without a problem.  Carole, Rosie, and I got together again today.  First time the three of us have gotten together since Rosie got home.  We went shopping for some accessories for Carole's house.  She is putting her house up for sale so that she can move back to Florida.  Not much action on it yet.  

I have about 1/4 of the quilting down one the crib quilt last night and this afternoon.  Took out part of one row and redid as it was really, really wonky.  Wriggled all over the place at one end.  Not sure what was going on there.  It's better now.

I've got a new neighbor here at the complex.  The couple next door moved out without warning this month.  There's a single guy in it now.  He's one of the construction workers who will be here for at least a year working on some buildings that are going up in the downtown area.  It's certainly a lot more economical than staying in a motel/hotel.  The rent works out to about $22/day and I don't know of any hotels where you can stay for that anymore.

Good morning. Nothing much going on here. Yesterday it rained all day. I dusted and vacuumed despite the fact that the gloom made things look quite clean. Today I will wash floors and finish the laundry that I did not get to yesterday. I have a dress to shorten as well. Since the sun is shining, I should probably do some garden clean up as well.

On Saturday one of Dh's customers brought us a big grocery bag full of apples that she had just picked. I'm going to turn those into applesauce today. On Friday, a different customer brought us raspberries from her garden. Wonder if we look hungry?

I started an easy knit scarf to take on vacation with me.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L20136.html

I started it yesterday, and already have about 12 inches done. I'm using WW instead of bulky yarn, with a 6.5 mm needle and it is probably turning out a little heavier in appearance than if I used bulky weight yarn and the 10 mm needle the pattern calls for. I have larger needles, but I wanted to use circulars because they are easier to travel with, since there is less rigid length, and those were the largest I had. I like the way it's coming out, so this combination works for me. This pattern would make a nice shawl too.

Have a great day, ladies.

Good Morning, House. :)

Linda ~ So glad you had some time with Rosie and Carole!  I know you will miss Carole when she moves, though. :hug   Way to go on the quilt progress. :clap

Cindy ~ The scarf pattern is great and a good take-along project. :yes  Fresh apples and raspberries - YUM!

DH has two appointments  today, so it will be a busy one.  Sue and I hope to finish up estate things on Thursday - it requires both of us to sign some things at the same time so we will meet in our parents' town one more time.  I will call the bank today to confirm that they have everything, or we'll reschedule.  Then we will just have taxes to deal with in the Spring - oh dear. ;)

Off we go...have a good day! ♥♥♥

All that fresh fruit sounds yummy, Cindy.

Good luck with the final stages of the paperwork for you and Sue, Mary.  It will be good to have that part done.  The taxes shouldn't be too bad.  At least I hope not.  Good luck to hubby at the doctors' appointments.

It's somewhat chilly today and lots of quilting is on the agenda.   :sew

'Hope you got lots of quilting time today, Linda! :)

We got home about 1:30 and I gave myself the afternoon off. :lol   4 rows of the hexagons are joined (out of 9, I think) and most of the rest are made.  Just waiting to see what other colors will work as I join the next rows! 

Back to chores tomorrow, but it's sure been fun to goof off. :D  Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi ladies!

It's somewhat chilly today and lots of quilting is on the agenda.   :sew

Chilly here, too! I had to put on my sweat pants and warmer slippers :clap

I hope you got a lot of quilting done!

DH has two appointments  today, so it will be a busy one.  Sue and I hope to finish up estate things on Thursday - it requires both of us to sign some things at the same time so we will meet in our parents' town one more time.  I will call the bank today to confirm that they have everything, or we'll reschedule.  Then we will just have taxes to deal with in the Spring - oh dear. ;)

Off we go...have a good day! ♥♥♥

Yup - those taxes in the Spring are  a pain in the....  I hope this last part goes smoothly for you.

Did DH's appointments go well?

On Saturday one of Dh's customers brought us a big grocery bag full of apples that she had just picked. I'm going to turn those into applesauce today. On Friday, a different customer brought us raspberries from her garden. Wonder if we look hungry?Maybe they saw you had lost weight and wanted to feed you :lol

I started an easy knit scarf to take on vacation with me.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L20136.html

I started it yesterday, and already have about 12 inches done. I'm using WW instead of bulky yarn, with a 6.5 mm needle and it is probably turning out a little heavier in appearance than if I used bulky weight yarn and the 10 mm needle the pattern calls for. I have larger needles, but I wanted to use circulars because they are easier to travel with, since there is less rigid length, and those were the largest I had. I like the way it's coming out, so this combination works for me. This pattern would make a nice shawl too.That's a nice pattern! I would have used WW yarn, too. I think the bulky yarn is too much for most scarves. For a shawl, it wouldn't be bad at all, though.

Have a great day, ladies.

Well, I emroidered a chain stitch heart on the center square of the blue and white baby ghan. So that's done. I haven't started the ruffle scarf yet - want to sit in front of the YouTube video when I start it. Meanwhile I started on a pair of fingerless gloves for one of my friends here in the  neighborhood.... the first glove is done and I love it! I got the pattern from http://skyesimagesoflife.blogspot.com/2011/03/fingerless-gloves.html

I want to make another pair before Christmas.

I just checked the link and I see she's changing her "name" to https://www.facebook.com/BlueSkyeCrafts

Have a good night my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Yes hubby's surgery is set for Oct. 23rd. Hope you and Sue can finish things up on the estate.

Cindy, Nice to get apples and raspberries. That scarf looks like a nice take along project.

Linda, How nice you, Rosie and Carole were able to spend time together. It's to bad Carole is moving away. Your making progress on the quilt.

Marisa, To bad about the tickets. Enjoy your time with family this week.

Yesterday I started putting the hardware up for 2 blinds. I broke the drill bit hubby gave me so he had to finish screwing the screws in by hand. Then today I put the blinds up. I also washed the windows and the valances. Today hubby was suppose to go to work to do deer, but he got at 3am with a migraine and sick. So he slept all day. He is feeling better now. Are hot water went on the brink today. Since hubby was sick and we will be gone Wednesday and Thursday we won't get to it until Friday. And one of his friends called today and wants him to go golfing Friday. Not until the hot water is fixed.

Here is the link of the hat I'm making Maya's daddy. www.scribd.com/doc/78719267/criss-cross-hat

We'll be gone for a couple of days so it may be Friday before I get back here. Hope everyone has a good week!

Archived