Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Wednesday morning, ladies. :)   I ended up driving DH to Dallas yesterday and was gone most of the day - not fun in the rain and traffic. :ohdear   Today will be catching up on laundry, desk, etc.

Valerie ~ I love seeing your posts again. :manyheart   We've missed you!

I will check in later when I'm more organized. ( :rofl  I'm laughing at myself 'cause I'm never organized anymore. ;))

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, all.  Today is my long day at work, so only have a few minutes.  Hope you all have a good day.  And a better one to Joanne and Sherry.  It's great to hear from you again, Val.  

Mary, I no longer like driving in the rain, if I ever did.  Glad your trip yesterday was a safe one.

I started a prayer shawl yesterday with very fuzzy yarn, but had to try to frog it, which was a nightmare.   :frog  :2frog  :frog I finally threw some of it away as hopelessly tangled. :reyes  I'll try again tonight and hope for better results.

Hi Ladies,

Val, It's nice to see around again. We've missed you!

Mary, I dislike driving in the rain to.

Sherry, Hope today was a better day at work.

Joanne, It sounds like a fun time coming up in Boston with the family.

Judy, It does feel good to be clearing out some stuff. We were hoping to tackle the garage this year to but it didn't happen so that will happen in the spring before it gets hot.

Linda, I don't like playing around to much with that fuzzy yarn. I started a scarf 7 years ago with eyelash yarn but gave up on it.

Going to call my MIL in the morning and see if she is busy. If not were going to go have lunch with her. We tried visiting last weekend but both times one of us was had to be some where else. She mentioned maybe we could get together before hubby's surgery. We went up to see Mary and Gordy last night. They are doing pretty good. I hope they stay that way for awhile. They got  puppy. A black lab. There son lives with them and wanted another dog as there other one died. But Mary is the one taking care of potty time. Hope everyone has a nice Thursday!

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I must say, being off of work for 4 months was wonderful and I managed to learn to knit in that time. I'm still very much a beginner and it sure takes waaaay longer than crochet, but it is interesting.

Hope you are all doing well and have a fabulous night!

Hi House! :waving   It's a picture perfect day here - in the 60's with clear skies...I'm going outside in a few to enjoy it!

Trish ~ Way to go on learning to knit!  I had to smile though...your describing it as "interesting" is much nicer than some of my words when I was trying to learn. :lol:wink     Maybe some day, I will try again. :)

Linda ~ Oh no!  Sorry about the frogging - did you try again last night?  I hope your cold is much better by now! :manyheart

Marlene ~ Were you able to see MIL today?  I know it's getting close to DH's surgery date - do you know how long they will keep him in the hospital? :hug

Hi to all of my House friends!

Hi, all.  As Val said, it's been a rainy day.  Started here last night about 10:00 and continued until around 5 or 6 this evening.  It was one of those misty, light rains that soaks in and feels oh so cold.

I've got the fancy yarn about 40% done now.  Once I got going on it it was fine.

I had my 3 month check up with the medical doctor this morning.  My appointment was at 11:00 and when the nurse took me back she said that they were pretty close to on time.  Hmmm???  I was actually seen at noon and got out of the lab at 12:30.  I left without making a return appointment, because I was running out of time to get home, take my meds, walk the dog, and get to work by 1:00.  The doctor said that she knew that I was in pain and not abusing the painpills, but she really didn't want to up the dose but would consider it, maybe, when it comes up for renewal again, but she's not happy with me even at the current dose.  It's now 7.5 mg tabs at 1 1/2 tabs a day.  She might up it to 2 tabs a day, but not sure.  Before going into the hospital last summer I was on 10 mg twice a day.  Go figure!?!  And then my A1C was 6.9 which is good, except that it 6.7 last time, so it's bad.  I lost 4 pounds, but that wasn't nearly enough and I'm to lose 30 more pounds ASAP.  And then the additional 20 pounds that I never was able to get rid of.  Go back on the restricted diet of minimal fat, minimal carbs, and 35 grams of protein/day.  And increase the exercise.  Color me extremely unhappy with my doctor.   :bang

Sorry, but I really needed to blow off some steam.  Think I can lose 2 1/2 pounds per week for the next 12 - 13 weeks?  And cut the pain pills down to the bare minimum, while increasing the exercise by a whole bunch going into winter?  And not go nuts?  I want to cry.

Take care my friends.   :ghug

Hi, ladies!

Linda....have you considered seeing a different doctor. It sounds like you're being hit with way too much at once.... :hug

Hi, Val! We could use a little of that rain you're getting!

Have a good day my friends :manyheart

Hi!  Judy, I've thought about it, but for the most part she's a good doc.  Their office was swamped yesterday, and that tends to make her sharper.  I'll just do what I can and hope for the best.  And all my records are there, which makes things so much easier.

Judy, love your hat and gloves.   :clap

BBL

'Afternoon, everyone. :)

Judy ~ Your gloves turned out so nice! :clap   What yarn did you use - it's perfect!  And the baby hat is adorable. :c9

Valerie ~ I hope you're getting the cooler weather.  We've had some, too and it feels wonderful after the very long summer. :yes   Have you been feeling okay? :xfin  :manyheart

Linda ~ Oh, sounds like a rough time at the doctor's office. :hug   Sometimes they make everything sound so easy...and it's not!  Come vent anytime you need to!

I've been cleaning and doing laundry all day - now for some crocheting until it's time to fix dinner.  I hope everyone is having a good Friday. ♥

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Sorry the doctor was so hard on you. You can come and vent any time you need to.

Mary, Hubby's surgery is Wednesday (except they called today and asked if he wanted to move his surgery up to Monday, they had a cancellation). If stick with Wednesday he will be there until sunday or Monday. We called back but it was after 5 so I don't think we will get a call back. It's a 4 hour surgery. His sister Melaine, DD and myself will be there. I don't know yet if SD is coming that day or another day.

Val, It's been rained here yesterday and it was cool. Today it was sunny. Are temps have really dropped off. Were suppose to have a rainy weekend and week ahead.

Judy, Love the hat and fingerless mitts.

Trish, Have you tried knitting those ruffle scarves yet? I have crocheted them, but knitting them is quicker. That's about all that I have knitted.

We did get to have lunch with MIL. Then we went to Volunteers of America. We all like to shop there and Goodwill. We had a great time with her.

My Mom called and said one of my cousins lost her grandson. He was killed in a car accident not to far from home. He was only 19. We was such a good kid. He was working two jobs, and going to college. His funeral is Monday. I'm hoping to go as I can't make the visitation. We have the kids this weekend and I have to take them home. Distance and time are not together on this for me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Good morning!

Finally, a Saturday off!! Woo hoo!!! Lots to do around here to catch up and get this house in order! So of course, since I had that on my mind, I'm up bright and early! This afternoon we're heading to visit my middle DD and then tonight babysit for the boys while DD goes out to dinner with one of her friends. 

Marlene- Sorry to hear about your cousin's grandson--that's horrible news! Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck to DH with his surgery! Positive thoughts for a very successful outcome! Enjoy the kids this weekend.

Judy- Love the fingerless gloves and the hat is just too cute! I should make myself another pair of fingerless gloves. I think you posted the pattern you used, but can't for the life of me find it. I thought I had saved it in my favorites! I made a pair that look similar with the ribbing on the cuff part and some of mine have seen better days. It's a nice small portable project so I could work on these tonight while babysitting! (once the boys are asleep, that is)

Mary- Did you work some more on the hexaghan?

Cindy- I'll bet that DD is getting excited to moving into her first place soon.

Val- It's nice to see your posts around here again! Are you still planning on moving back to AL?

Trish- I like knitting as well--although I've never done anything complicated. I think it's because it's slower than crocheting and it calms me. I gave my co-worker the scarf I knit- and although not perfect, it was very well received!

Linda- Sorry about the not so pleasant doctor visit. I had my physical about 2 weeks ago- and still have to make an appointment and get my labwork done. He didn't want to do it since I had eaten. (Of course I had since my appointment was at 11:30! )  I keep forgetting to call to get an early morning apointment!

I've procrastinated enough--time to get moving and get this place together!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Thanks for the chance to vent ladies.  I'm resigned to the new routine.  I officially start on Sunday morning.  Rosie's John also got told he has to lose a bunch of weight so we're going to be buddies and cheer each other on.  We both officially start Sunday morning with a weigh-in.  I'll be keeping a log of exercise, BP, blood sugar levels, and food intake (calories, carbs, protein, fats.)  I'm getting everything together.  I bought a pedometer a few weeks ago and will get that set up.  I've already got a food scale.  Yesterday I got a book with food counts that I used before that is very comprehensive.  Have to locate my blood sugar meter or replace it, and get the treadmill ready to go.

Marlene, wishing hubby lots of good thoughts and prayers that the surgery will go well and fix the problems whichever day you do it.

Joanne, enjoy your weekend off.  You deserve it and then some. 

Hi Ladies,

It's a cold partly cloudy day here today. I cleaned out the heater vents and we turned on the furnace. I think this is the latest we have ever turned it on. But we had a nice long and warm fall. Just to bad it didn't last a little longer. Are temps are only going to get colder each day. Old man winter is on his way. I have Fulton where we go in Texas and it was only 62 there and that was a few hours ago. Managed to do some other cleaning to, some laundry and making my list of things to take with me.

Joanne, Enjoy your Saturday off with the fun times with DD and the GS tonight. I went back and looked for the link for the fingerless gloves. It's www.skysimagesoflife.blogspot.com /2011/03/fingerless. I don't know if you'll get this before you leave but it will be here when you get back.

Linda, It sounds like ready for the biggest loser. Good luck in your weight loss.

Hope everyone is have a great day!

The link above didn't work so I went back and quoted it. Here you go Joanne.

Well, I emroidered a chain stitch heart on the center square of the blue and white baby ghan. So that's done. I haven't started the ruffle scarf yet - want to sit in front of the YouTube video when I start it. Meanwhile I started on a pair of fingerless gloves for one of my friends here in the  neighborhood.... the first glove is done and I love it! I got the pattern from http://skyesimagesoflife.blogspot.com/2011/03/fingerless-gloves.html

I want to make another pair before Christmas.

I just checked the link and I see she's changing her "name" to https://www.facebook.com/BlueSkyeCrafts

Have a good night my friends.

Welcome home, Cindy!  

Spent most of the day at work on my feet with customers.  I got a little knitting done and a smidgeon of crocheting.  One gal even begged me to let her in after closing so she could get a dress for tomorrow.  Since I hadn't closed out the register yet, I let her in.  She ended up getting two dresses, so it was worth it.

I am tired tonight.  Hope you all have a great Sunday. :manyheart

Linda,  I hope it goes well with your new routine.  Keeping you in my prayers that you'll do good with this new routine.

Joanne - sounds like a busy weekend for you.  Hope you enjoy your RR time today. 

Judy - the fingerless gloves are so cute.  I've got some patterns for some and I'm going to make some.  The yarn called for is sock yarn but I can't find any without wool, so I'm going to try to use ILTY.  We'll see how they turn out.

Marisa - hope things are going well with you.

Val - good to see you back again.

Mary - hope your weather is still wonderful.  We had a very chilly morning but the day was great!!

The boys had a karate tournament this morning--Little man got 2 trophies, both 3rd place for breaking (where they break a board--its plastic and snaps together) and sword fighting (with foam swords).  Oldest GS got 1 first place for breaking--he did 3 boards with different kicks and one hand and one 3rd place for sword fighting.  I didn't really like the way they were scoring the sword fighting--wasn't consistent.  But they will probably do it again since they enjoyed it. 

I had my 6 month checkup with the dr.  I had blood work done so I'll know next week what everything will be.  I certainly did NOT like what the scale said but he didn't say anything about losing any weight--but I'm going to be on my bike more.  He told me no walking just to do my bike (it's a recumbent one).  I also have a heart murmur now, so I get to see a cardiologist.  He just wants an ultrasound done, so we can have something to measure it from if it gets worse.  He didn't seem worried just wants to be cautious.

Well, I need to get back to crocheting on little man's afghan--I think I have 10 squares of blue done and will need 18. 

Have a great weekend all!!  Hugs to all of you!

Hi, peeps!

Linda, I hope you have a peaceful day!

Sherry, it's hard to keep your weight down when you're healing after surgery! You'll get there, a little at a time...mostly watch the food and above all, portion sizes.

I think the ILTY will work perfectly for the fingerless gloves.

And about the heart murmur, your doctor is right: a baseline test now is a great idea so if there are any issues down the road he'll have a frame of reference.My dad had a heart murmur which never caused him any problems. Just that the recruiters in WW2 wouldn't take him...so he signed up for the Merchant Marine and went across the Atlantic in convoys of supply ships going to and from England. He told me some stories! They missed out on a good guy.... :manyheart

Anywho....off to get dressed to start my day! BBL!

Good Sunday morning, all. :autumn

Judy ~ Yes, Vanna's yarn is wonderful to work with - good to know it works well for gloves, too!

Marlene ~ Sending prayers to your cousin's family. :hug   Losing a child must be the most difficult of all.  I'm glad you will have company while waiting at the hospital. :manyheart   It was 37* here yesterday morning and I heard the front made it all the way to the coast!

Joanne ~ Yay for a weekend off! :cheer  I hope you're having a relaxing day.

Linda ~ Great idea for you and John to be buddies on your new program!  How is the knitting coming along?

Cindy ~ Welcome back!

Sherry ~ Wonderful news about your little guys' trophies! :clap  Your doctor sounds like he is thorough and taking good care of you.  Looking forward to seeing the gsons' afghans!

I've joined a few more hexagons and have decided to make it a "throw" size...86 hexagons is plenty. :lol   We're going to Zach's 1st birthday party at DD's today. :c9  (His real birthday is Tuesday)  It will just be his other grandparents and us for pizza and cake. :)  I'm taking a veggie tray and we'll stop and get the balloons on the way.

Have a good day, everyone! :manyheart

Mary, have a great time at GS's birthday party.

I did my weigh in for the start of the new regimen and my scale said 185.75 in my birthday suit.  Got a blood sugar kit after church today.  It's a little different from my last one, but not a lot.

I plan on watching TV and crafting, alternating with walking spurts, today.  Have a great day!   :manyheart

Archived