Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Judy - how cute!! 

Linda - glad your day was good.  Looking forward to seeing your nine-patch quilt (I'm assuming it's a quilt since you're sewing it).

Marisa - Sounds like a good weekend.  Hope the lady is ok, will say a prayer for her. 

Joanne - hope Paradise is going well this week. 

Home tonight--Wednesday is my night off from watching the boys.  Got 4 squares done (well at least the red part, still need 3 or 4 more rows of white to finish them).  I'm planning on doing one to see how big I want to make them and then decide on how many I get to make.  Not sure I'll make granny squares for the littlest GS new blankie.  Will just have to see how the time goes on making it plus all the other things I'll need to make.  Why do I wait until it's almost Christmas to start on the presents????  I always say I'll start in January and get them done early but that never happens LOL.

Have a great evening all!!!  Hugs to all of you.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. I don't think I've checked in for a few days. Work went well Tuesday and yesterday dd and I went looking for things she needs for her new house. I have a cold and it is really causing me to drag, even though it's pretty mild as far as colds go. I managed to vacuum yesterday, so today I will work on laundry and cleaning the kitchen and our bathroom. Dd does the other bathrooms every week.

Dh is going to his folks to bathe his dad tonight, so I can get him to pick up a few groceries. My fil is so frail that his sons take turns helping him shower. Most days he gets by on his own, but he is very unsteady on his feet, so we don't want him in the shower unless someone is there.

Marisa, that is awful about that poor woman. Even worse when the kids are also injured. Hope she recovers.

Judy, love that pumpkin hat.

Sherry, I did start Christmas gifts in January, and I'm no further ahead than you are, probably less. I thought I'd make each grandson a blanket, so back at the end of December I started one for the oldest gs. It's about 2/3 done. No other gifts were started! I guess it's just my nature to procrastinate!

Linda, I agree that if you are using a trusted shop for your car, you are on the right track. Your quilt sounds like it is moving right along. Do you quilt them by hand? I can't remember what you have done before.

Mary, hope you get a day to relax this week.

Joanne, has work returned to its former pace, now that the big project is up and running?

Judy, are you still into all things English? This is a Kindle book written by a British journalist, mostly about the area of London where she lives. It has some good reviews and is free at this time, although I don't know how long that will last. It's called "Notting Hill, Actually" and the author is Rachel Johnson.

http://www.amazon.com/Notting-Hill-Actually-ebook/dp/B00EPJ9684/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1380201761&sr=1-5&keywords=Notting+hill

Good morning, all.  It's still cool, but at least it's not raining today.  Yesterday it started in the night and rained most of the day, finally stopping in late afternoon.

Cindy, be careful with that cold.  Hope it leaves quickly.  It's good that the boys can help out dad with the showers.  Even when you aren't shaky they can be super slippery.

I seem to have the same problem with Christmas gifts.  I can sometimes get motivated by summer time, but seldom before that and not even then most of the time.  When I'm lucky enough to figure out something unique that I can make and it will take a lot of time, then I can get motivated.  Otherwise, no such luck.   :P

I machine quilt.  There is no way that I'm doing them be hand.  But I do do the whole thing, from pattern to assembly to quilting and binding.  Because this one is a simple pattern and small, it won't take very long.  It is made of 9 two inch squares made into a 6 inch block which alternates with a solid 6 inch block.  17 nine-patch blocks and 18 solid blocks and a 2 inch border all around.  I'll make sure to get pictures of it.

Hope you all have a good day.

Judy, are you still into all things English? This is a Kindle book written by a British journalist, mostly about the area of London where she lives. It has some good reviews and is free at this time, although I don't know how long that will last. It's called "Notting Hill, Actually" and the author is Rachel Johnson.

http://www.amazon.com/Notting-Hill-Actually-ebook/dp/B00EPJ9684/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1380201761&sr=1-5&keywords=Notting+hill

still totally into all things English! TY for the link - downloaded it to my Kindle :D

HI all,

Read through the posts----

Love the cute hat, Judy!!

Cindy- I'm still very busy at work, but after being home last week, I've been very good about leaving every day by 5- even though technically I can leave @4:30. I do have to work this Sat for about 4 hours- we're rolling out some more clients into the new system and then again in 2 wks we'll roll out the rest. There are still some bugs to be worked out, but that is to be expected. DD must be so excited to be getting her own place, but I'm sure you will miss having her there

Linda- The quilt sounds great! I would stick with the car place too since you have a long standing relationship with them

Marisa- There are no words that can be posted to say how I feel about that poor woman!

Sherry- I always have great ambitions to get a head start on gifts as well and then somehow, before you know it we are weeks away from the holidays.

I am still plugging away on the ripple, but find myself working a row or two and then putting it down and picking up the pointy sticks to work on the cowl I'm making.

Well, I've got  to run- I want to do laundry tonight and get that out of the way.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Glad that you have a shop that you trust and they take care of you. Can't wait to see the quilt all finished.

Cindy, Hope the cold don't last to long. DD must be very excited to be out shopping for her new home.

Sherry, This year I will be making the grandkids (the 3 youngest ones) pillow quilts. I don't plan on starting them until November.

Joanne, Glad things are going smoothly with work.

Well 3 shows I want to watch all on tonight and at the same time. There Michael J Fox's show, Robin Williams show and Grey's Anatomy. The dvr will only record 2 and you have to watch one of them. So I'm heading to the bedroom to watch GA.

Tomorrow I pick up Payton and Jocelyn then were heading to Maya's for the weekend. DS has to ref near there so it's easier to stay there with the kids. The kids will enjoy seeing each other again. We will go watch Maya cheering.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good Morning. :)   I've just read back through posts and won't try to respond to everyone.  It's been a very full week and today we're leaving at 7:30 to stay with the boys for the day.  DD is going to Cancun with 5 friends she graduated with from U of Texas.  They have done this almost every year since 1997!  Then tomorrow and Sunday, Luke will be here and SIL will have Zach.  'Hope I have the strength for all this. :lol

Judy ~ The hat is adorable! :c9

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning.  I started the day by sleeping through my alarm clock and missing my physical this morning.   :P   There was someone at the desk hoping for a cancellation as he was super sick.  He got the slot and I rescheduled.  So things worked out okay.

Mary, hope that you have lots of fun with the GSs.  I'm sure you'll do fine.  Just remember to rest when they rest.   :D

I have a cousin visiting her daughter in Atlanta this weekend and we're going to try to hook up together.  Haven't seen her in years.  She's the daughter of my dad's only sister.  Our families were close when we were kids, but not so much so since we all grew up.  Now Dad and Aunt Peggie are both gone and we are the oldest generation in this part of the family.  Weird!

**~~ HELLLLLLOOOO TO ALL MY PEEPS ON HERE ~~**      You know..........when I pick up my crocheting I think of all of you and how I need to get on here more often and keep in touch!  I miss hearing about everyone and their life going ons!  Etc Etc!!  I felt like you were my extended family cuz my family is so dang small ;)   Maybe you claimed me, maybe not  hehehe.   

Of course it's time to update for my 6 month check in lol---- seems what I've managed to get done.  I just got home from Seattle after enjoying 5 days with my now  "FIANCE"   I will be MRS. JOHNSON!!!    he proposed to me while there and i had NOOOOOO clue!! Asked me on an afternoon on the beach at the ocean--- couldn't of been more beautiful!!!   ( can't figure out how to post pictures to show you )    I am VERY excited and can;t wait to get this show on the dang road- looking for jobs down here for him to move down.     Aree loves him also so all is good.  My dogs took to him like they knew he would one day become the man of the house lol. He's a doll.  

As for my crochet life----- it's friggn booming!!!!   I happened to post that I was taking beanie/hat orders for the fall season and OMG---- they've gone CRRRRAAAZZZYYY!!!  I have 80 beanies to get done ASAP!! and orders keep coming!    (Going to use some of my hard earned money to help move Andre down here so he doesn't have to do it all on his own) 

Hope all is well with everyone--- i promise I will do better to keep in touch!  LOVE AND HUGS!!

Congratulations Kiyo! Glad you came by to update us.

Linda, I try never to make an appointment for earlier that 9:30 for that reason. I don't have any trouble getting up at 5:30 for work, but the rest of the mornings, I tend to move very slowly.

Mary, your weekend sounds busy, and your DD's weekend sounds lovely.

Dhs sister from Indiana is In town today so we are meeting for dinner and then going to bil and sils house for a while. I have to work the weekend, so we won't be staying late.

We are replacing windows and while replacing a sliding glass door, found that we had a carpenter ant infestation in the area between the first and second floors of our house. The second floor overhangs the first by two feet and it is in that area. We found and destroyed the nest and then put out poison for any ants that were hiding. I haven't seen any ants since yesterday, so hopefully we got them all. They don't eat wood, just burrow into it to make their nests, and supposedly they are fairly easy to get rid of. Dh said he would fix it so we could remove a bit of the siding on the outside to check the area every once in a while.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Congrats, Kiyo! Good to hear from you. And we're all family here, whether or not we check in a lot or not. :hug  :manyheart

Cindy, yikes....carpenter ants! You guys sound like your very handy. Good thing!

**~~ HELLLLLLOOOO TO ALL MY PEEPS ON HERE ~~**      You know..........when I pick up my crocheting I think of all of you and how I need to get on here more often and keep in touch!  I miss hearing about everyone and their life going ons!  Etc Etc!!  I felt like you were my extended family cuz my family is so dang small ;)   Maybe you claimed me, maybe not  hehehe.   

Of course it's time to update for my 6 month check in lol---- seems what I've managed to get done.  I just got home from Seattle after enjoying 5 days with my now  "FIANCE"   I will be MRS. JOHNSON!!!    he proposed to me while there and i had NOOOOOO clue!! Asked me on an afternoon on the beach at the ocean--- couldn't of been more beautiful!!!   ( can't figure out how to post pictures to show you )    I am VERY excited and can;t wait to get this show on the dang road- looking for jobs down here for him to move down.     Aree loves him also so all is good.  My dogs took to him like they knew he would one day become the man of the house lol. He's a doll.  

As for my crochet life----- it's friggn booming!!!!   I happened to post that I was taking beanie/hat orders for the fall season and OMG---- they've gone CRRRRAAAZZZYYY!!!  I have 80 beanies to get done ASAP!! and orders keep coming!    (Going to use some of my hard earned money to help move Andre down here so he doesn't have to do it all on his own) 

Hope all is well with everyone--- i promise I will do better to keep in touch!  LOVE AND HUGS!!

Congratulations!! Wishing you lots of joy and happiness--although by the tone of your post, you do sound very happy and joyful!!! Glad to hear all is well - and good luck with his job search. What grade is Aree in now? Does she play fall ball? Good luck with the 80 beanies---and it's wonderful that you've got so many orders!!!!

Good morning,

Trying to get everything done before I head into work for noon. I don't want to do anything tomorrow except relax!

Cindy- Glad that you were able to take care of those carpenter ants!!! Yikes! You are going to notice such a difference with the new windows and sliders. So glad we replaced the windows in our house a couple of years after we moved in. It was one of the better investments we've made- Love that they tilt in to clean and love how the heat/ac bill dropped!

Hope you ALL have a wonderful day! Sunshine and gorgeous weather again here today.....

Kiyo, it's great to hear from you.  Congratulations on all the orders and on you engagement.  You deserve all the happiness you have.

I'm at the point of assembling the blocks into rows on the crib quilt.  It's going to be very pretty, if I do say so myself.   :P

Rosie had orthoscopic surgery yesterday to repair the meniscus and found a loose piece of cartilage which they also removed.  There is some bone on bone in there, so she will need a knee replacement eventually.  Not for some years, but eventually.  Carol spent the night with them to make sure that she was okay.  They wanted someone with her for the first 48 hours and John might not have been able to help her.

Have to get ready for work now.  I'm getting together with my cousin, Janet, tomorrow.  Will get to see her daughter, sil, and grandchildren too.

Have a wonderful day!   :ghug

Good Sunday morning everyone!

Linda- Prayers and positive thoughts for Rosie that she has an uneventful recovery!  Can't wait to see the crib quilt! I just know it's going to look amazing!

I ended up working until about 6..and then last night I watched the Yankees and Andy Pettite pitch his last game. I 've always liked Andy and it was cool to see him pitch a complete game for his last one and for the Yankees to actually win! I worked a little on the ripple and then on my knitted cowl.

Today is a day of Rest, Relaxation and of course some R&R time.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Joanne - glad you got some R&R time!  I'm getting some time with my boys as well.  DD is here working on the computer (she's taking a break) and doing laundry.  We've been watching them ride bikes and play with a new toy little man got for his bday. 

Linda - Hope Rosie does well with recovery.  I've had that type of surgery done and it's fairly easy to recover--not like knee replacement, which I'm still recovering from LOL. 

LovinThis32 - Congrats!!!  I wish you well with your upcoming wedding.  may you have many happy years together!  And congrats on the orders--you'll be very busy!

Mary - hope things are going well for you all.  We had lots and lots of rain yesterday and now it's cooler!!  I hope it made it down your way so you can cool off some!

Well, this last week was a bummer--so stressed out that I crashed on Friday night--so much for my crocheting that night.  The stress has got to get better.  There's only one solution and was hoping that was going to happen but it didn't, so I'm not sure how long I can take this.  Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Well, littlest GS wants a new blankie, gave me the colors.  Went and got the yarn and now I find out he wants a different one--soft like Bubba's (although ILTY is very soft)  I can't even remember what kind of yarn I used (I made it 9 years ago--they probably don't even have the same kind of yarn now).  So I don't know what I'm going to do.  I've got the oldest one's started, got all the red squares made, now working on the blue, will edge in white and put them together with white.  He's soooo easy to please.  Decided that I would take the jacket I had started last year for DD and make it into an afghan since I have several squares that are not sewn together.  Will get some variegated purple and then some white and finish it out.  I tried to take apart the ones sewn together, but alas, I sewed them together too well and can't take them apart :(  Oh well, at least some can be salvaged :)   

Well have a great Sunday evening all!!  Hugs to all!!!!

Hi all.  We just got back from taking Luke home.  He is so good, but he sure is busy...all the time. :lol   I think some quiet time is in order. ;) 

Kiyo!  It's so good to see your post!  Congratulations on your engagement. :manyheart  We are eachother's extended family - come back soon! :yes

Linda ~ Sending hugs for Rosie ~ I hope her recovery goes well. :hug

Better get things somewhat back in order - DH will be working tomorrow and his office is full of toys, bedding and more toys. :) 

Good morning,

Sherry- I'm sorry to hear that your job is still so stressful. It really is not pleasant to have to go to work everyday when we have so much stress. That's kind of how I feel--Hugs!!

Mary- I chuckled about Luke being busy ALL the time--that's kind of Ryan is now! :lol Constant motion!! And now Robbie started crawling--so it's twice the fun :lol   I went over to DDs yesterday and watched the boys while she went grocery shopping and then I brought Ryan over here so I could start the roast beef. DD and Robbie came over about an hour after and we had a wonderful day. I so enjoy spending time with them and there's nothing like the love a grandchild shows :manyheart

Well, I just looked at the clock and I've got to get ready for another fun-filled week in paradise.

Have a good one, everybody! :hug

morning, peeps!

Sherry, I've done that: wanted to take apart squares I joined and couldn't! Ended up cutting them out :reyes

Have a good day, my firends - have to run!

Good morning. Work was very quiet this weekend. Both weekend days were nice and sunny, but today it's kind of cloudy and gloomy. Guess I won't be hanging sheets out to dry today. I am off work until Friday, but I do have to go to a meeting today.

Sherry, I am so sorry that work is still so stressful. Hope today is a good day. I've also been unable to take apart things that I've sewn together. One thing you can do is get out the scissors and sacrifice a middle square to save the ones around it.

Linda, I hope Rosie recovers quickly, and her knee is good to go for a while. Looking forward to seeing your quilt.

Mary and Joanne, I agree grand children are a lot of fun. Well, I can only speak specifically about grandsons......

Judy, you've been quiet, must be keeping busy.

I've started crafting again. I worked on my knit scarf and on the striped blanket this weekend. I also started a knitted blanket, but I don't care for it, so it will likely end up frogged. I thought I'd set it aside for a few days to see if I change my mind about it, because I spent quite a bit of time on it.its this pattern:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ten-stitch-blanket

The issue is not the pattern, it's the very pale baby yarn that I chose to make it from. I have a ton of that particular yarn, because I got it on clearance. It's nice and soft, I may have to start making baby sweaters and hats from it.

Happy Monday!  I haven't seen my 1st cousin Janet, in years, but her daughter lives in Atlanta.  Janet was here visiting over the weekend and we hooked up.  She picked me up and we spent 8 hours together with her daughter's family.  Mary has grown up to be a lovely young woman and now has two children of her own, one is 2 1/2 and the other is 5 1/2 months.  We had a great time.  Did lots of catching up on each other and our families.  Jan is the youngest of the seven 1st cousins on my dad's side and I'm the oldest.  As kids we were too far apart to have much in common, but now we have lots.

I have the rows all together on the baby quilt, but really have to boogie on getting it done, as the date to have it at the church is either this Thursday or next Sunday.  Yikes!   :eek   I should be able to do it.  Just can't dally.

Sherry, I was hoping that things were finally settling down for you.  Keeping you in my prayers.   :hug

Glad you have some time off this week, Cindy.  Enjoy.

Joanne, I'm glad you got in some good GS time this weekend.

Mary, It's great that you had such a nice weekend with GSs.

Catch you all later.   :manyheart

Judy, you've been quiet, must be keeping busy.

Busy - with what I don't know. I am working on that GS blanket for the commission, and reading - and getting a couple of things done before the kitchen and dinette area are torn up to put the Pergo flooring in on Thursday! The only floor left to have its carpet torn out is the man cave (aka Living Room) and that's  a huge room, so will wait till next year some time.

I've started crafting again. Yay!I worked on my knit scarf and on the striped blanket this weekend. I also started a knitted blanket, but I don't care for it, so it will likely end up frogged. I thought I'd set it aside for a few days to see if I change my mind about it, because I spent quite a bit of time on it.its this pattern:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ten-stitch-blanket

The issue is not the pattern, it's the very pale baby yarn that I chose to make it from. I have a ton of that particular yarn, because I got it on clearance. It's nice and soft, I may have to start making baby sweaters and hats from it.

That looks like a very labor-intensive pattern!

I've been pushing myself to crochet.I would rather read these days. After this blanket is finished I have to make the same friend a shell beanie for her step granddaughter. I also want to make 2 pair of fingerless gloves for friends for Christmas and a replacement RR for my goddaughter - the old RR was totally destroyed by her sister's puppy. Im not annoyed with the dog at all - only her sister, who is older and should have known to keep an eye on the pup!

Archived