Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Cindy - prayer for you and your family.

Marisa - glad your mom is home!! I hope she likes the new dr.

Well, I'd better go and get some rest, busy day tomorrow. Hugs to all that need them!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick note to say hello. Have to be at second job by seven this morning and from there catch the bus up to the other one. Have to be there by four pm and work until 10. No rest for the weary I guess. Talk to all of you later.

Good morning!

Just read through all the posts and activity from yesterday. I went to my SIL's grandpa's wake last night and didn't get home till about 9:30. It was a long day. I took off work today to go to the funeral. Not the way I like to spend my birthday--but hey, it's a day away from Paradise, and the up side is I get to see my beautiful GS!!! I also hope to see if I can get the part for the car. Having heat on the passenger side only won't work! :lol

Glad you are all moved in Val! Happy that there is no leak in your radiant heat, Judy. Liked reading that your Mom is home, Marisa!

Cindy- My condolences to your family- today will be a rough day:hug

Sherry Hope you got some much needed rest last night!

Linda-it's great to see you posting again. Glad you were able to take care of the title and change of address for the license. It's such a necessary nuisance gathering all the paperwork together and taking care of that sort of thing!

Marlene The Yankees didn't play last night! They play tonight--if the rain stops!!! I watched the Tigers game and sorry to say, I'm rooting for the Athletics and they won...but I still think the Tigers will win the series!

I don't leave here till about 10 so I think I'll take advantage of the time off to grab another cuppa and work a round on the RR!

Just a quick note to say hello. Have to be at second job by seven this morning and from there catch the bus up to the other one. Have to be there by four pm and work until 10. No rest for the weary I guess. Talk to all of you later.

Hope the day flies by---that IS a long day!!!:hug

'morning, peeps!

The rain is supposed to stop this afternoon so the Yankees should be able to start on time tonight. I think:P

I think I'm going to turn in early tonight. See you all in the morning.:hug
I hope you had a good night:hug

Just dropping in to say good night. Not sure if I will get here tomorrow, as we are going to my nieces funeral.

Holding all of you guys up in prayer today.....

Make sure you get a breather when you can!:hug:hug

Have a good day, my friends.:hug:manyheart

:D:party:cake:bdayHappy Birthday, Joanne!!! :bday:cake:party:D

Good morning everyone. I woke up today not feeling totally exhausted! That is a step in the right direction! Today I have to take the rental car back. Should have the title early next week and can then get the money from the insurance company and look seriously for a replacement car. Until then will just have to bum a ride from someone to get to where ever I need to go.

Cindy and Joanne, thinking of you and your families as you attend funerals today. :hug:hug:hug Remember the good things and good times with them. :hug:hug:hug

WOW!! That's one long, busy day. Take care. :hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I got my haircut yesterday and love it, he gives me a nice cut :yes I met with Emily last night and she's a nice girl, just out of college and just moved back to the area. We're going to be co-leaders for the group of our area since neither of us really wanted the full commitment of it, so we'll see if there are other people in our neighborhood that are interested in this knit the bridge thing :think So I have a leader meeting tonight at 7. I'm excited to get more info.

Here is the link so you can get a better idea, they have subgroups throughout the city....

http://knitthebridge.wordpress.com/

They also have a page on FB.

Went to the gym this morning, after hitting snooze for 45 minutes :eek

Cindy - :hug :hug Prayers for you and your family :hug :hug

Judy - :yay glad to hear there is no leak! I hope the rain stops so the game can play on time :xfin

Linda - Glad you got all your paperwork taken care of. Unfortunately with all the identity theft that goes on, it's a necessary evil to go through all of that to prove yourself :sigh

Val - Hope you have a great day and get a few more things unpacked :hug

Marlene - Great idea to hold off and go to see Maya when there are other things you need to be there for too, since it's only a week :yes

Sherry - I hope your day goes quickly :xfin

Shannon - :whew I'm tired just thinking about working 2 jobs :eek

Joanne - :hug Prayers for SIL's family :hug At least you have Ryan to look forward to and keep your spirits up. At least if your heat was on the driver side only....that would be do-able :lol

:birthday:cake

Good Morning!

:cake Happy Birthday, Joanne! :cake

We ended up keeping Little Guy overnight! He's very happy here, and it was a good chance to give his mommy and daddy a little extra rest. :) SIL just picked him up, so it sure is quiet around here. Laundry is going and I have a dr. appt. at 1 - I may never catch up with posts at this rate. :lol

Good morning housemates!

I'm still using the phone so I'll make this short!

Happy Birthday Joanne! Enjoy as best as you can considering the circumstances. Praying for your family/inlaws.

Cindy - so sorry about your niece! Lifting you and your family up in prayer.

Have a great day everybody!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

The rain stopped this morning which was nice- the day turned out beautiful :manyheart

Despite the circumstances, it was nice to spend time with my son-in-law's family! He has a great family -and they are all very close. It was one of the things that I was so delighted about when DD started dating him. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful son-in-law.

We all went out to eat afterwards and Ryan gave me a home-made card- my most special gift. He wrote on it all my himself --lovely scribbly lines all over the place!:lol:lol

I was able to get the part I need to fix the heater in my car:) My son in law is going to fix it on Friday or Monday- DH will drive me to work and I'll get a ride back to their house from a friend who doesn't live too far from them. Just have to see what day will work better for her to give me a ride.

All in all, it was nice birthday-and DH brought me some beautiful fall colored flowers (he finally listened to me- I've told him that I love multi-colored flowers so much better than roses).

Now if the Yankees can win for my birthday that will be great!! DH asked me what I want for dinner- and quite honestly I'm stuffed from all the food we ate this afternoon!!! I'm thinking maybe a pizza? Or chinese? Delivered, of course!:lol

:birthday:birthday:birthday:birthday Joanne

I'm glad your day turned out to be so nice. How special to get a card signed by Ryan. Glad you be able to get your heat fixed in your car soon.

Hi Ladies,

Shannon, By now your day is almost over. Boy what a long day that is for you. Hope you get lots of rest tonight.

Marisa, Good to have a helper than having to do it all yourself.

Linda, Good news your not getting up exhausted.

Joanne, I hope the Yankees win it for you to.

Hope the day went well for all are ladies we haven't heard from in awhile.

It looks like we may be getting a new fur baby. We will go to meet her saturday afternoon. She is a rat terrier. She will be able to come home Nov. 7th. She lives right now up by Payton and Jocelyn so we will go see her before his game and if we like her we will put are deposit down.

The tigers are on but I'm tired and going to bed. I'll dvr it and watch it in the morning. That's what I did last night.

Were going to be staying all night at my sisters tomorrow night so I won't be on until friday.

My BIL got his results back and it looks like his cancer was only in his pancreas. Thanks for all the prayers.

Have a good thursday and friday!

Thanks again, ladies for the birthday wishes! :hug

Let me say that RAH-OOOOL is my hero!! He won the game for the Yankees so I got my birthday wish of a Yankee win!!! :clap:clap

Judy- did you see the whole game? It was amazing---I really like Ibanez and he and his wife just had their 5th child, a boy on Oct 4th!!!

Marlene- How exciting to possibly be getting a new fur baby! Will continue to pray for your BIL and glad the cancer hasn't spread.

Morning will be here sooner than I would like and I have to calm down from the excitement of the game and get some sleep. So with that being said, I probably won't be back on till tomorrow night!

Have a good Thursday!

Oh, BTW, Friday is I Love Yarn Day!!!:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Good morning housemates!

Quick drop in. Just dropped DN off at work. Will drop DGN off @ 6:55 and Dnep off at 9am.

Joanne - glad you enjoyed your BD and that the Yankees gave you a nice gift.

BBL to read earlier post and respond!

Have a good day all...Joanne, hoping time in paradise goes quickly!

Joanne - glad the Yankees won for your birthday! Sounds like you have a good day.

Marlene - keep us posted on the new fur baby!

Valerie - sounds like a busy morning!

Spent my last evening trying to get DH new (replacement) Nook Color up and running. We were able to transfer all the games and books over to the new one (after about an hour on the phone). The representative was very helpful in getting the info transferred. I'm so glad that he didn't lose all the books and games he bought!! If you have a Nook product, and it gets stolen or lost, you can call the 800 number and they will block it where no one can ever turn it on.

Well, I'd better get busy and get ready for this long day. I hope to get all the reports done and printed up for the Sunday afternoon meeting. Have a great day all!

'morning peeps!!!!!!!!!!

Tha YANKEES won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!! What a game!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like we may be getting a new fur baby. We will go to meet her saturday afternoon. She is a rat terrier. She will be able to come home Nov. 7th. She lives right now up by Payton and Jocelyn so we will go see her before his game and if we like her we will put are deposit down. A former neighbor had one - energetic but soooo cute! She chased my GSD we hadat the time:lol Feisty little thing.:)

The tigers are on but I'm tired and going to bed. I'll dvr it and watch it in the morning. That's what I did last night.

Were going to be staying all night at my sisters tomorrow night so I won't be on until friday.

My BIL got his results back and it looks like his cancer was only in his pancreas. Thanks for all the prayers.

Have a good thursday and friday!

What good news about BIL... pancreatic cancer is a tough one by itself.

Thanks again, ladies for the birthday wishes! :hug

Let me say that RAH-OOOOL is my hero!! He won the game for the Yankees so I got my birthday wish of a Yankee win!!! :clap:clap

Judy- did you see the whole game? It was amazing---I really like Ibanez and he and his wife just had their 5th child, a boy on Oct 4th!!!

I did stay up for the entire game!!! Unbelievable!!!exact scenario he did 8 days ago!!!!! It took me forever to go to sleep after that. Worth every bit of it, too! Had friends at the game....GD's mom, hubby and youngest son - and a neighbor and DH. I texted GD's mom and asked where she was sitting. Her answer: Next to heaven:lol:lol:lol (upper grandstand on 3rd base side)

Spent my last evening trying to get DH new (replacement) Nook Color up and running. We were able to transfer all the games and books over to the new one (after about an hour on the phone). The representative was very helpful in getting the info transferred. I'm so glad that he didn't lose all the books and games he bought!! If you have a Nook product, and it gets stolen or lost, you can call the 800 number and they will block it where no one can ever turn it on.

Well, I'd better get busy and get ready for this long day. I hope to get all the reports done and printed up for the Sunday afternoon meeting. Have a great day all!

I really love the great service that Nook has....chat or phone, I've never been disappointed.

Gotta go - BBL!

Good Morning! I just read through all of the posts...lots of excitement about baseball! :cheer

Marlene ~ Can't wait to hear about the furbaby! MIL had a rat terrier many years ago - her name was Mizzi and she was a wonderful pet. :)

Valerie ~ You've already had a busy morning! Have you had any crochet time yet? Thanksgiving plans sound like so much fun. :yes

Linda ~ Yay for feeling better each day! :manyheart I'm glad you got the paperwork done for your insurance. Have Kim and John sold the house yet? :think

Sherry ~ It sounds like you're almost back to "normal" after the break-in!? :hug Did they replace the window?

Marisa ~ The knitting project looks amazing! Glad you got a great hair cut!

Cindy ~ Thinking about you and your family. :hug

Hi to Shannon, Joanne and anyone I may have missed. :waving

Errands and groceries today...see you all later!

Good morning everyone. I am carless again, having turned in the rental car yesterday. Hopefully it won't be for too long. Once I get the replacement title next week I'll sign that over to the insurance company and get the check from them so that I can actually go looking for something. Not too much point until then.

That's nice to know. And it's nice that the crooks who stole it won't get any use out of their ill-gotten gains.

Congratulations on the Yankee win to Joanne and Judy. :D

Hi Linda ~ I hope it won't take too long!

I have a questionnaire...nothing as creative as Julie's are. :) It's only one question! :lol

What is everyone working on now?

I'm working on my fall 'ghan again after several days of no crochet time. It's a little over half way done. :hook

Good afternoon (almost evening :eek ) housemates :hi

Well, last night I went to the leader meeting for the bridge yarn bombing and met a good dozen people that either knit or crochet, or both :clap BTW, if any of you are bored (:think Not so sure any of us know what that word means! :lol ) and want to do a panel, feel free....you can still participate if you want to. Maryann is going to do a panel and send it out to me :) Or if a panel is too much and anyone would like to do a square, I can put them together for one larger panel????? Just an idea....we have a lot of square footage to cover with this :rofl Oh, one of the ladies I met last night lives only a few blocks from me :clap

Today was cleaning day at the house, so I cleaned and did laundry this morning. Had a patient this afternoon and here I am. Tonight I have a dinner meeting with the local Chamber of Commerce.

Joanne - I'm glad you had a wonderful bday and that dh listened :yay Glad you got the part for your heater and that the yankees won :clap How cute getting your homemade card from Ryan! Thanks for the heads up on "I love yarn day" I had no clue :think

Linda - Sorry you're carless for now :hug I guess you can slowly go through a couple boxes and then of course rest by hooking :devil

Marlene - :yay for a new pet, I hope it's a right fit! Glad to hear that BIL's cancer was confined, although that's a rough one....he's really blessed that it didn't spread :hug

Val - Hope all is going well :hug

Sherry - Great news about the nook, I love mine and am always happy with their service :yes

Judy - :yay for the yankee win!

Mary - Hope your errands and grocery shopping goes smoothly. As for your questionnaire.....I love it!!!!

I'm currently working on......

1. A pair of socks I'm testing the pattern for. Finished up one and sent off pics and notes to its creator and will probably not get its pair done for a while :think

2. My knit the bridge panel.....I'm doing 2 granny squares and then I'm going to joing them and go around and around until I get to the size :eek Oh, and it's all brights. I picked up RHSS in a bright color covering the whole rainbow and putting black between each to really make them pop :idea

3. A mysteryghan from over on Ravelry that all the clues are out now and its been off to the side for about 2 weeks now :eek

4. My tunisian dishcloth to practice the stitches :yes

That's all my active projects....I have a few WIP's just kinda hanging out and waiting patiently (for a long time :lol )

I have a questionnaire...nothing as creative as Julie's are. :) It's only one question! :lol

I'm working on my fall 'ghan again after several days of no crochet time. It's a little over half way done. :hook

A cream colored baby beanie for the new 4 mo neighbor. I brought over what the hat I had done (before FO...) and want to make it a bit roomier.

And more.....:lol

I've got a prayer shawl in the works and three that need the ends woven in still. I found about 4-5 WIPs in thread crochet while unpacking. And, of course, have about a dozen quilting WIPs at various stages. :lol:lol:lol

Archived