Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Linda ~ I hope it won't take too long!

I have a questionnaire...nothing as creative as Julie's are. :) It's only one question! :lol

What is everyone working on now?

I'm working on my fall 'ghan again after several days of no crochet time. It's a little over half way done. :hook

:lol I'm working on a round ripple- last night I finished the scarf I found when I organized my yarn. I may start a hat tonight- or just continue on with the RR

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a questionnaire...nothing as creative as Julie's are. :) It's only one question! :lol

What is everyone working on now?

I'm working on my fall 'ghan again after several days of no crochet time. It's a little over half way done. :hook

I have all the squares made for DD's jacket, now to sew them together and get it finished (and then I have another one to make for the other DD).

A RR for ME but it's in a box somewhere in the "office" or back room--need to find it!

Some "tails" to weave in three scarves I made.

And my shawler needs to have the final round done and tails weaved in.

Good evening all! What a very very very long day--tomorrow I will be making a zillion (will maybe not that many but a lot) of copies for the meeting on Sunday. So glad it will be Friday!!!! :clap:clap

Sounds like we all have at least one project going :)

Joanne - hope the game is good tonight! I might just check in on the game (DH was watching it before he went to bed) and see how things are going. Enjoy your crocheting time. I'll be crocheting during the OU/Texas game on Saturday.

The maintenance man came yesterday and put in the window--didn't call to let us know, DH just happened to go in the room to check on something and saw where he'd put the window back in. We have the room almost back to normal and the boys will be able to sleep in there tomorrow night.

Will be having the both GS tomorrow night--they want to spend the night - YEA!! I'm sure we'll be working on the rugs tomorrow night. Karate on Saturday morning and then some more play time.:)

Well, I'm off to get my squares and start sewing some tonight. I really need to get it done.

Have a great evening!

Good morning!

And it sure came early!! late game again last night- into the 13th inning- I couldn't make it till the end and fell asleep- and read this morning that the Yankees lost! :(

On to game 5 today at 5:07!!! Really??? Why couldn't the games during the week start at 5:07?? I'm definitely leaving work on time today (at least that's the plan):D

Today is also I Love :yarn Day!!!! Going to bring some yarn to work and start another pair of fingerless gloves. :hook We are having our departmental annual bake/craft sale for charity in Nov so I'm planning to donate a few pair of fingerless gloves to the event.

Val- WTG on the afghans!!!

Sherry- I sure hope that you don't have to do a zillion copies today! Try and keep to a million:lol:lol Seriously-hope the day flies by and enjoy your GS!!!

Linda, Judy, Marisa, Mary, Cindy, Marlene, and the rest of the House- Make it a good Friday!!!!

:hug

'Morning all. :morcoffee Another Gracie vs. possum night...I decided just to stay up this time. :)

I loved reading about everyone's WIPS. Sometimes we really do crochet! :lol

DD asked me to go to a pumpkin patch with them this morning. It's about 40 minutes from here, so I'll be leaving around 8:30. Might as well crochet for a while until DH gets up!

Good morning, peeps. Looks like Joanne already had her caffeine fix this AM. I'm inhaling mine right now:yawn:tired - I did not want to get up after that late game!:P

I put together the square ghan I was making for a customer. I have to put a boarder on it tomorrow. I'm also working on the black/gray/white for that same customer.Awesome!

The bulk of my yarn is still packed in boxes.

Have a good night all!

'Morning all. :morcoffee Another Gracie vs. possum night...I decided just to stay up this time. :)

DD asked me to go to a pumpkin patch with them this morning. It's about 40 minutes from here, so I'll be leaving around 8:30. Might as well crochet for a while until DH gets up!

It's a good thing the possums play possum - or Gracie would be on the losing end of these encounters!:eek

Enjoy the pumpkin picking!!!!:hug

Good morning everyone. I woke up about 8:30 this morning and didn't crawl back in so I'm making progress on getting back to a normal schedule. Went to JC and Kim's house for supper last night along with John and Rosie. He made venison lasgana and it was very good. Nice to see Kim again. She's doing well and looks like they have finally found a buyer/leaser for their house. Should know for sure next week. If it all pans out they will be leasing the house for a while (at a bit more than the mortgage cost) and then purchasing it. They will plan to be packed up and moving in November if all goes as planned. It's a couple with three children who are also starting a consulting business now. Husband was injured at work and is getting a settlement which will provide the money for the house and business start-up funds.

Listened to the first hour plus of the VP debate. Rowdy!

How long did Gracie and the possum fuss at each other? Hope you have fun at the pumpkin patch.

baby hat

Cute hat. :clap

Oh, I forgot to tell you. Yesterday John was going to look at cars and I went with him. We stopped first at the Chevy dealer and the salesman that I talked to (they don't have anything for $2,000, of course) did refer me to someone else in town (where he used to work) who does have a couple. We went there and one of them may well work out for me. Since they are in town, it wouldn't be a long drive and I may well have a set of wheels next week. Yeah!

And Monday I have jury duty! I was surprised to get called, it's only the second time in over 40 years. The first time the defense lawyer chose not to have me on the jury. It was a bar brawl case. Her defendant beat up another guy behind the bar. Don't know if I'll get chosen this time or not but I'll take along some crocheting and a good book just in case I have to sit there for a long time during the selection process. Last time it was three days and then I was dismissed. :D

Good morning everyone. We got home late last night. This was the first child's funeral I have ever had to go to, and it was even harder than I expected.. My niece and nephew are holding up fairly well, but I think the days to come will intensify their grief, since their lives at home will be so different.

It is freezing here. Temperature is 32 degrees at the moment. Good day to stay in by the fire and craft.

Judy, that hat is beautiful. Love the ribbon addition to the flower. So cute! I love making baby hats, so many cute options and as a bonus, they are quick and easy. I should make a bunch for the pregnancy resource center. I try to make at least one bigger project a month for them, but I've been lazy this year. Hats would make up the slack a bit. Our church does a donation drive for them every January. I usually take my Kohls charge and one of their 30% off your entire purchase offers and comb the clearance racks for baby stuff. Last year I had that offer, plus a bunch of those $10 coupons they give out periodically and got several bags full of baby clothing for only a few dollars out of pocket. I had some items that were the same and when the cashier commented on them, I told her why I was buying them and she gave me an additional $10 off coupon, which I used for more baby clothes. However, the center really likes to get handmade items, so I try to donate some of those as well.

Mary have fun at the pumpkin patch. I always like those fall activities, probably because I love the fall season. Its so beautiful. And to answer yesterdays question, I'm knitting a scarf and making a tunisian crochet cowl. (I have lots of other WIPS as well!) Gracie really really likes those possums doesn't she? Fortunately the possums around here are rarely seen. (except dead on the road) I think they may be nocturnal animals though, so possibly Sophie could encounter one if shes out in the dark.

Val, WTG on the afghan finish.

Joanne, hope you get out of work on time and get to see most of the game. Glad you had such a lovely birthday.

Sherry, good to hear that things are getting back to normal for you. have fun with the grandsons this weekend. Also, glad to hear that B and N is so helpful regarding the Nook Color. I have a Nook color and when my charger broke, I called them and they sent me a new one right away, no arguments or questions.

Marlene, so glad that BILS cancer is confined to one area. Pancreatic cancer is tough all by itself. Prayers and good thoughts for him and his family. And maybe a new furbaby for you and dh! I assume that she will go to Texas with you? Do other residents there have pets with them?

Linda, glad you are feeling a bit better each day. Since you are car-less at the moment, you will have to stay home and take care of yourself. Hope the insurance money comes through soon though, it's hard to be without transportation. (edited to add: After I posted, I read your post and noticed that you are already running all over the place, despite your lack of transportation!)

Marisa, the yarn bombing project sounds like such a challenge. Does each group have a set goal?

Shannon, your life sounds crazy busy. Did you find out why the one job cut your hours?

I know I have practically written a novel here, but I had a lot to catch up on. Also, it keeps me from facing the housework, I ought to do!:lol

And for anyone who has a Kindle, this afghan pattern book is free today:

Easy to Crochet Vintage Scrap Afghans

Good morning ladies :hi

I was supposed to have a dinner/meeting with the local chamber last night and guess what?! I missed it :eek I had the time wrong, all day had it in my head it was 7-9, but it was 5-7 :(:shrug I was so excited to go too and meet some new people :oops

So when I got home I did a little hooking, not much but a few rounds is better than no rounds :lol Now I have a patient this morning....mom and daughter.

I read through the posts but didn't take notes today. My take away for today is 'Happy I Love Yarn Day!' Thanks Joanne.

Judy - Beautiful hat :manyheart

Sherry - :yay for getting the new window, a little weird they didn't tell you :think

Val - WTG with your orders

Mary - Yes, we do actually crochet sometimes :rofl

Linda - Great news that finding a car won't be so bad next week :clap And, that you're starting to really feel better too :yes

I'm sure I missed someone :think Sorry if it's you :wink

Good morning everyone. We got home late last night. This was the first child's funeral I have ever had to go to, and it was even harder than I expected.. My niece and nephew are holding up fairly well, but I think the days to come will intensify their grief, since their lives at home will be so different.

It is freezing here. Temperature is 32 degrees at the moment. Good day to stay in by the fire and craft.

Marisa, the yarn bombing project sounds like such a challenge. Does each group have a set goal?

I know I have practically written a novel here, but I had a lot to catch up on. Also, it keeps me from facing the housework, I ought to do!:lol

Oh Cindy :hug :hug :hug I've never been to a child's funeral either and I can only being to imagine the difficulty of it :hug :hug

Each group does not have a set goal, just try to drum up as much 'business' as we can and get the word out :yes

Oh, I wish they were giving away that pattern book on the nook :sigh Oh well, I'll live vicariously through you :wink

Oh, I wish they were giving away that pattern book on the nook :sigh Oh well, I'll live vicariously through you :wink

I have a Nook color and have had it for a couple of years, but I finally also got a Kindle Fire, just because Amazon has so many free books offered every day. I'd rather read on the Nook, but I like the web browser on the Kindle much better, so I use both devices quite a bit. If you have a smart phone, you may be able to put a Kindle reading app on it and get the book on that device.

I have a Nook color and have had it for a couple of years, but I finally also got a Kindle Fire, just because Amazon has so many free books offered every day. I'd rather read on the Nook, but I like the web browser on the Kindle much better, so I use both devices quite a bit. If you have a smart phone, you may be able to put a Kindle reading app on it and get the book on that device.

Oooh, good thinking....I do have a smart phone, but I also have an iPad!!!! I have my nook app on there as well as the iBooks app.....may as well go see about the kindle app :idea Great idea, thanks :hug

Oooh, good thinking....I do have a smart phone, but I also have an iPad!!!! I have my nook app on there as well as the iBooks app.....may as well go see about the kindle app :idea Great idea, thanks :hug

I'm fairly certain that the Kindle app will work on the Ipad, as I think my son has it on his. I was wondering about the Nook app though. I might ask for an Ipad for Christmas this year, (may have to buy it myself), as it would be nice for traveling to have everything on one gadget. I have quite a few books on ibooks as well. (they offer free books as well) If the library Overdrive app would work on an ipad, it would be practically perfect for my purposes. All my books in one place!

Thanks for the compliments, ladies!

Oh, I forgot to tell you. Yesterday John was going to look at cars and I went with him. We stopped first at the Chevy dealer and the salesman that I talked to (they don't have anything for $2,000, of course) did refer me to someone else in town (where he used to work) who does have a couple. We went there and one of them may well work out for me. Since they are in town, it wouldn't be a long drive and I may well have a set of wheels next week. Yeah!

Awesome news!:clap

And Monday I have jury duty! I was surprised to get called, it's only the second time in over 40 years. The first time the defense lawyer chose not to have me on the jury. It was a bar brawl case. Her defendant beat up another guy behind the bar. Don't know if I'll get chosen this time or not but I'll take along some crocheting and a good book just in case I have to sit there for a long time during the selection process. Last time it was three days and then I was dismissed. :D

I was called when DS was a toddler- a valid excuse to not even show up. I haven;t been called since.:think DH was called last year - they made him foreman:lol It was an accident case and was settled just before it was to go to the jury.

Good morning everyone. We got home late last night. This was the first child's funeral I have ever had to go to, and it was even harder than I expected.. My niece and nephew are holding up fairly well, but I think the days to come will intensify their grief, since their lives at home will be so different.I can't even imagine their pain....all anyone cando is be there for the parents....listen of needed or just keep them company if that's what they want. When anyone loses a family member you really have to read them carefully so you don;t impose your ideas on them

Judy, that hat is beautiful. Love the ribbon addition to the flower. So cute! I love making baby hats, so many cute options and as a bonus, they are quick and easy. I should make a bunch for the pregnancy resource center. I try to make at least one bigger project a month for them, but I've been lazy this year. Hats would make up the slack a bit. Our church does a donation drive for them every January. I usually take my Kohls charge and one of their 30% off your entire purchase offers and comb the clearance racks for baby stuff. Last year I had that offer, plus a bunch of those $10 coupons they give out periodically and got several bags full of baby clothing for only a few dollars out of pocket. I had some items that were the same and when the cashier commented on them, I told her why I was buying them and she gave me an additional $10 off coupon, which I used for more baby clothes. However, the center really likes to get handmade items, so I try to donate some of those as well.

that's so nice to do!

thanks so much!

Good morning ladies :hi

I was supposed to have a dinner/meeting with the local chamber last night and guess what?! I missed it :eek I had the time wrong, all day had it in my head it was 7-9, but it was 5-7 :(:shrug I was so excited to go too and meet some new people :oops

Oooops. do you have a desk diary?

So when I got home I did a little hooking, not much but a few rounds is better than no rounds :lol Now I have a patient this morning....mom and daughter.

I read through the posts but didn't take notes today. My take away for today is 'Happy I Love Yarn Day!' Thanks Joanne.

Judy - Beautiful hat :manyheart

i forgot - ds has the kindle app on his ipad!

Judy, I have a desk calendar and it's right there.....I just didn't really look for the time because I just KNEW it started at 7!!!! :rofl

AND I even looked at the flyer she emailed me earlier in the day to make sure I had the right place! Who'd of thought I had the wrong time :blush:oops:rofl

Hi Ladies. We had lots of fun today - Luke was most impressed by the play area and the baby goats. One of them nudged (can I say butted here? ;)) him and he thought it was hysterically funny. :lol

Linda ~ Your dinner sounds really nice - I'm glad Kim is doing well. I hope jury duty doesn't last too long!

Cindy ~ It sounds like winter is coming in your area! :wgrin Enjoy the fire and crafting. It's 85* here - way too warm!

Marisa ~ Aww, sorry you missed the Chamber meeting. DH keeps his calendar on his phone and laptop. Last week he went to the doctor at the right time, but the wrong day! :lol

Hi Judy! I'll bet you are getting ready for the Yankee's game!

Sherry ~ We'll be watching the Texas/OU game, too! :cheer

Joanne ~ Thank you for reminding us about today being I Love Yarn Day! :manyheart

Valerie ~ Looking forward to more pictures! I hope you all are settled into your new home. :)

I need to be doing laundry and other things, but I think it's crochet time instead. :hook

Mary, sounds like Luke is developing that "little boy" humor:lol Glad it was a fun day!

And yup - getting ready for the game. Yankees always have drama, so it's not without it this year...

If they win today they play Detroit tomorrow - no breather at all.

Judy, I have a desk calendar and it's right there.....I just didn't really look for the time because I just KNEW it started at 7!!!! :rofl

AND I even looked at the flyer she emailed me earlier in the day to make sure I had the right place! Who'd of thought I had the wrong time :blush:oops:rofl

oops:blush

Oh, well....maybe there was a "reason" you weren't supposed to be there. That's always my thought when things don't work out.

Not sure when I'll be back on here...havea good night everyone!:hug:manyheart

Hello housemates!

I'm not quite settled...still working on it.

I'm still using my phone so this is just a check in message.

I did finish the name ghan and the customer was pleased!

Below is a picture of the ghan.

That's lovely, VAl. :clap :clap :clap

I've got new neighbors moving in next door and it's driving Sweet Pea nuts. Bark, bark, Bark, bark, BARK!!!!! I met the guy and he said they'll be here for at least the next 6 months. Seems nice.

Archived