Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning! It's a very cold morning here - set a record low (we set the record low high on Saturday)--brrrrr.

No crocheting this weekend, just relaxing. Now I really need to get busy on the jackets that I put aside a couple of weeks ago. Won't get to crochet tongiht as I have a meeting at work and will have the grandsons tonight. We will have homework to do tonight.

Joanne - nice fingerless gloves! Glad the Yankees won!

Mary - What cute little ones! I'm sure they enjoyed the game even though everyone else didn't.

Have a great Monday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'morning, peeps!

We've had an interesting weekend....

1- we may have a leak somewhere in the 50+ yo radiant heat pipes that are set in the floor downstairs:(

2- DH's electric blanket died:( (he went one night w/o it till we found a replacement yesterday:)

3- we went to put the heat on yesterday - and nothing happened.:( This, after having had it serviced last week.:angry We called our service company yesterday, tried a few things when he called back and nothing worked.:( He just called this AM and someone will be by between 10:30 and 2 (after Sparkie gets his ears rechecked by the vet. That infection he had was a bad one, so I'll feel better after they look).:P

Other than that...oh, and the stress DH has gone through associated with a ton of work that was sent to him last week....

Life ain't bad.;)

Quick hi from me, work was very busy today and I'm tired. I did read through all the posts since yesterday though.

:hug:manyheart

some Ryan time. Sorry for the loss of your SIL's Grandpa.

The Va appt went well. They gave hubby some pain medincine for his back and it is helping. He's suffered with it for many years and it has been getting worse.I know how bad that gets when it's chronic....gentle hugs for him, and tg for pain meds. It seems good not to hear him complaining about it hurting.

Friday I picked Payton and Jocelyn up for the weekend. DS was reffing a game. I took them to the store with me. What a treat, lol! Saturday they had football and cheerleading, so we did that. Today there dad had to ref so they stayed with us. Friday was a little hectic, but the rest of the weekend went good. Payton even asked me to come and get him next friday. And Jocelyn told her dad now she has 3 homes. Hers, ours and his gfs (which she hasn't been to yet). I'm glad they are happy and comfortable being here, they have been through a lot in the last 1 1/2 years. Payton and I have always had a bond and Jocelyn and I are developing one which is really nice. Sweet:c9

Jocelyn's aunt made her this really cute hat. I counted stitches yesterday to try and duplicate it to make Maya one. Her numbers are so far off for increasing. I'm guessing she might of made up her own pattern or is new in crocheting in the round. I went through a lot of hat patterns over at cpc to see if i could find one close to it. I did find a couple at redheart.com. It kind of looks like a flapper hat but the flapper (or brim) is rolled back and a flower is sewn on it. It's really cute. I'm going to give it a try. Sounds so nice!:cheer

On are way home from the VA we stopped at a cemetary and looked up DH's ancestors. Some where as far back as 1852. We'll go back again, but not sure if it will be this year since the weather is getting cold. We want to find his grandparents. They are suppose to be near the others but we didn't find them. One great uncle was in the 3rd Michigan Calvary. I find this all very interesting.

I'll be back tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great monday!

Go Tigers!

Checking out local and family history is super interesting!

Marlene, your description of that hat made me think of this floppy brim hat pattern. I always thought it was kind of cute, but I've never made it since I only have grandsons.

Oh, that's so cute!

Judy- How bout them Yankees?:clap:clap I would have liked it if the game was on when it was supposed to be instead of over 2 1/2 hours later thanks to the rain....so of course I'm tired this morning- but at least they won so the lack of sleep is worth it!:clap

I fell asleep in the 8th inning:P:P:P tg for replay!:D

I finished the second pair of fingerless gloves while watching the game and then worked on a scarf that I had started last winter- and forgot about---until I was yarn organizing!:eek

I guess you had the pattern with the UFO? I try and do that -and leave the hook with it!

Time to get ready for paradise- even though it's a holiday- Columbus Day--it's not a holiday for me!:(

Have a good Monday!

Have a good day!

Good Morning! It's a very cold morning here - set a record low (we set the record low high on Saturday)--brrrrr.

Ditto here!!

No crocheting this weekend, just relaxing. Now I really need to get busy on the jackets that I put aside a couple of weeks ago. Won't get to crochet tongiht as I have a meeting at work and will have the grandsons tonight. We will have homework to do tonight.

Joanne - nice fingerless gloves! Glad the Yankees won!

Mary - What cute little ones! I'm sure they enjoyed the game even though everyone else didn't.

Have a great Monday!

Have a good day with your GSs!

Off I go - lots going on here today...BBL

Good morning housemates :hi

Boy, was it busy in here over the weekend....so many posts to go through :D

Well, I was last here Sat morning :think I left the office to head over to my friends office to adjust each other. Her friend came in for the weekend from Puerto Rico for the game and so we all went out for lunch and walked around the mall a bit. I had to cut out early on them to run to Sam's before heading home. Steph and I colored hair and pruned the tomato plants. After we showered we mixed up some meatballs and got those in the over (for Sunday). Then I had dinner reservations with a family of patients that come in that asked if they could take me to dinner :lol We were there forever it felt like :eek I met up with Steph, Bean, and their friend that was staying the night at a local tavern after dinner. I drove them home since they were all drunk and Steph went back for her car in the morning.

Sunday I ended up going to the game with my friend's friend becuase they ended up having some kind of fight...I didn't get the whole story, but from what I did get it sounds utterly ridiculous :think:shrug As Joanne said, the Eagles lost....the Steelers kicked a field goal in the last couple seconds. They gave us pink terrible towels on the way in (they always do at the first home Oct game) and since I have one from last year, I let my friend who was supposed to be at the game have it. We came home and meatball sandwiches for dinner and my friend came over to pick up her friend and we were just chatting for a good while. I didn't intrude on whatever happened between them, but they've been friends for a really long time and I'm sure it'll blow over and they'll be fine :xfin

Now it's Monday and I'm feeling tired since I fell asleep around 8 last night and then was up about 11-2 :eek We're going to dinner tonight for Sue's birthday (the one I go to the PYP events with). I haven't gotten any crocheting in all weekend so I hope to do a bit on the sock I'm testing while I'm here during some downtime :xfin

As for my mom......confirmation yesterday afternoon that it is in fact c diff!!! Cindy - I also thought false positives were more common than a false negative for this :think Quite frankly I'm not comfortable with her PCP and feel like that's where I put my blame :shrug My sister didn't like him either so I think we'll be making her get a new one if we can :xfin Hers passed away a few years back, we liked him and he was young but I forget what happened, and this is the guy who got all the charts and records from that office. So since they already started antibiotics for that even with the false test she was starting to feel better yesterday and was even able to feel the urge to go and have time to get to the toilet without a mess AND it was the right color :lol So she's on the mend and getting proper treatment now. She's still at the hospital and I just called her, but my dad beeped in at the same time so I told her to talk to him and call me back. For those 2 sentances she sounds tired, but that's to be expected right now :yes

Mary - It's cool here now too :yes Rainy and dreary also, which I could do without. Glad to hear you were able to sleep in a bit on Saturday. That pic of Luke and Caroline is just too cute :manyheart

Judy - Wow, you have a lot going on today. I hope you get the heater fixed and figure out the pipe leak :xfin Glad dh got a new blanket and I hope Sparkie's infection is cleared up.

Cindy - That lamium is beautiful :yes All your projects are great! I love the colors you used for the granny ghan :manyheart

Linda - Definitely go at your own pace and take your time. I think 2 boxes and some pics are good and I'm glad you decided to pass on the fair this year :yes Your prayer shawl get together sounds like fun.

Sherry - Glad you got a new computer and are loving it :yes

Owlvamp - :welcome

Joanne - Rutgers is doing awesome! Love the scarf with fingerless gloves :manyheart WTG getting your yarn organized and giving dd your scraps for her classes. Prayers for sil's family, but glad to hear his grandpa did not suffer long :hug

Marlene - Glad dh is getting some relief with his pain meds. The pattern Cindy shared was cute for the hat, is that kind of what you were looking for?

I had a lovely, long post almost finished...and I lost it! :lol I'm still not used to this keyboard, so I may have hit a wrong key.:think Need to be gone for a while and hope to catch up properly later on. :manyheart

Good morning. Its cold here, we had frost this morning. However, the sun is shining. Dh says that it was sleeting yesterday. (Is sleeting a word?) I didn't notice since I was at work.

Nothing much happening here. Laundry is going, housework is being done, a little crafting in between chores. I'm trying to figure out the Tunisian moebius project. I am definitely going to need a bit of practice, before I turn out a presentable project.

Marisa, you always sound sooo busy! I need a nap just reading about your weekend. Glad your mom is on the mend.

Linda, keep taking it slowly. You need to take care of yourself and get your strength back.

Good morning. Rosie and I are going over to Carol's house today and work on a T-shirt quilt for a friend of hers. It always goes so much faster when a group is working on one together.

Marlene, your description of that hat made me think of this floppy brim hat pattern. I always thought it was kind of cute, but I've never made it since I only have grandsons.

Cute pattern!

Have a great Monday!

Wow! :eek The weather is so flukey everywhere it seems.

Hi Ladies,

Owlvamp, Welcome!

Cindy, That is a cute pattern but not it. Thanks!

Joanne, The scarf and gloves are pretty!

Sherry, I bet your having a good night with the grandsons.

Judy, I hope the heater and the leak is as an easy fix as going to get the new electric blanket. I have a waterbed here that I ablsolutely love. In Texas we use an electric blanket. We get cold nights there to.

Marisa, Glad your Mom is starting to feel better.

Linda, You must be feeling better if your out joining your friends. That is good news!

Mary, I hate when that happens. Hope you had a good day.

Hubby and I went grocery shopping and returned a pair of shoes, he said didn't feel comfortable. We also got an oil change and tires rotated.

I forgot to tell you I went to an estate sale friday when I picked the kids up. I bought me a sewing box, it opens out like an accordian. It is full of thread, 4 pair of sissors (2 pinking and 2 regular, which one set is singer) and the regular stuff we have in are sewing boxes. I'm taking it to Texas.

I looked on here today for that hat with out any luck. Tomorrow I will check out ravelry. Have a good tuesday!

Mary - I'm having problems with my new keyboard as well. Just hate this new one but the old one won't work with the new system. Oh, well, I'm sure I'll soon like it.

Cindy - We say sleeting here in Oklahoma - not sure that would qualify it as an "official" word LOL. In fact, they had sleet here in the state yesterday. Weird weather. I'm hoping we're not going to have another wild winter with blizzards here.

Owlvamp - welcome!

Marisa - sounds like a very busy weekend!

Joanne - hope your evening is going well.

Meeting lasted for a very long time. I told them I needed to leave by 7 but it was almost 7:45 before we left. Very stressful meeting--always is when you talk about money. Got home and had to help oldest GS with homework, he wouldn't let DH help him for some reason but he got it done. Littlest one is sleeping with us since we still do not have a new window in the bedroom where they broke in (supposed to be here on Wednesday). Oldest one is on the couch.

Hope all have a great evening!

Hi everyone! I ended up being gone until dark yesterday. :( I'm picking up Luke at 8:30 and he will be here until late afternoon. :) 'Hope to catch up with you all while he's napping after lunch. :manyheart And maybe even crochet for a while!

Bonjour, peeps!:)

The heat was a simple wiring thing and taken care of. I kind of miss the cold house, though....DH likes it a bit warmer than I do.:lol

Sparkie is staying on his ear meds for another week...and the plumber hasn't called yet. Which is fine - means we're holding onto our money a little longer:lol:lol:lol:lol

One more graph square to do for the animal baby ghan! The last 2 have no borders yet - I just wanted to churn out the part that needed my full attention first - the borders are easy cluster stitches. Next is the cow. Much easier to make than the Lion I just did:P Talk about a bazillion ends:eek I did weave them in as I went, though - thank goodness.

Judy, I hope the heater and the leak is as an easy fix as going to get the new electric blanket. I have a waterbed here that I ablsolutely love. In Texas we use an electric blanket. We get cold nights there to.

I guess it's the "desert" weather - no clouds at night, so all the heat from the day dissipates.

Hubby and I went grocery shopping and returned a pair of shoes, he said didn't feel comfortable.I would have done that, too - not sure if DH would, though:lol We also got an oil change and tires rotated.

I forgot to tell you I went to an estate sale friday when I picked the kids up. I bought me a sewing box, it opens out like an accordian. It is full of thread, 4 pair of sissors (2 pinking and 2 regular, which one set is singer) and the regular stuff we have in are sewing boxes. I'm taking it to Texas.

I looked on here today for that hat with out any luck. Tomorrow I will check out ravelry. Have a good tuesday!

That sewing box sounds sooooo nice! Enjoy using it.:)

Quick stop in to wish you all a good morning!!

Read through the posts, but no time for individual posts!

Will try and catch up tomorrow---Hugs to you all!

Late night?:lol:lol:lol h, well, at least the Yankees won the first game! Dunno about A-rod, though:think Swisher, too - but he's not being paid a sum equal to some Government entities!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! I ended up being gone until dark yesterday. :( I'm picking up Luke at 8:30 and he will be here until late afternoon. :) 'Hope to catch up with you all while he's napping after lunch. :manyheart And maybe even crochet for a while!

Awww....enjoy the sweetie! He's going to love having your attention when the little brother arrives:c9

Off I go - time to scrub down the shower doors and stall:P At least I will, once my body loosens up. Once I get moving the arthritis virtually disappears during the day, for which I'm so grateful.

Have a great day, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Good morning. Another quiet day here (I hope). I have some cleaning left to do, laundry and grocery shopping on my list.

Judy, I am so stiff in the mornings that I can barely walk, the pain isn't too bad, but I also find that once I move a bit, it's much better.

Mary, hope you enjoy your day with Luke.

Marlene, I used to have one of those sewing boxes, but I gave it to Goodwill. Later, I wished I still had it. My dad found an old one somewhere and fixed and refinished it for DD. She uses it for a jewelry box. It holds a lot!

Well, better get back to work, before the mood passes......

Good morning Housemates!

I'm still here. We finally finished moving on last Wednesday!(My niece's stuff). I'm very congested. My knees hurt so bad due to going up/down the stairs. We still have lots and lots of boxes. The kitchen is complete.

I'm using my phone right now so I'll do posts later.

I hope all is well with everyone. I haven't had a chance to crochet. Hopefully, I can get some in today!

My sisters are planning a huge Thanksgiving weekend. It's also or great niece's 9th birthday and our state's rivalry game Alabama/Auburn weekend! I've gained 10 pounds just looking at the list of food. My sister in Bama has already purchased our Bama t-shirts.

Have a good day ALL. I'll try to stay current on this phone as much as possible.

I just finished cleaning the bathrooms...now I need to cool down so I can clean ME:lol:lol:lol

Good morning. Another quiet day here (I hope). I have some cleaning left to do, laundry and grocery shopping on my list.I have to get some groceries, too

Judy, I am so stiff in the mornings that I can barely walk, the pain isn't too bad, but I also find that once I move a bit, it's much better.

That's good there isn't bad pain...would make it nearly impossible for you to do the work you do!

Well, better get back to work, before the mood passes......

I know how that goes...which is why I told DH no getting dressed and going out till I clean. Once I'm out and about I lose the cleaning mood immediately.

Now to wash the kitchen floor....dog drool:P

Good morning Housemates!

I'm still here. We finally finished moving on last Wednesday!(My niece's stuff). I'm very congested. My knees hurt so bad due to going up/down the stairs. We still have lots and lots of boxes. The kitchen is complete.

I'm using my phone right now so I'll do posts later.

I hope all is well with everyone. I haven't had a chance to crochet. Hopefully, I can get some in today!

My sisters are planning a huge Thanksgiving weekend. It's also or great niece's 9th birthday and our state's rivalry game Alabama/Auburn weekend! I've gained 10 pounds just looking at the list of food. My sister in Bama has already purchased our Bama t-shirts.

Have a good day ALL. I'll try to stay current on this phone as much as possible.

I remember when we moved into this house - my mom stayed for a couple of days to help me get the kitchen set up - with a toddler on the premises that was vital!

Now to tackle the floor - then I'm done with today's tasks.

Later, gators

Good morning ladies :hi

Our dinner out last night was enjoyable and we ended up hanging out and chatting for about 3 hours :eek Today I have a hair cut at 1:45 and then I'm meeting a girl from in my work neighborhood at 6 for coffee. We're starting a little group for crocheting/knitting to work on panels to donate to the Pittsburgh fiber guild to yarn bomb the 7th street bridge next year :lol

Mary - Enjoy Luke's company today. Sorry you lost your post :(

Cindy - Good luck finishing your chores.

Linda - Did you make some progress on the t-shirt quilt?

Marlene - Sounds like you got a great buy in the sewing box at the estate sale :yes

Sherry - Sorry your meeting went over and you got home late :(

Joanne - Glad you were able to make a quick stop in, hope your days goes well.

Judy - Glad your heat is fixed :) I hope Sparkie's infection clears up. WTG on the bathroom :clap

Val - Glad to hear your move is finally done, now just the unpacking.

Good morning. I'm tired but in a good way this morning. Carol and I got quite a bit done on her t-shirt quilt although there is a LOT still to do. Carol was cutting and ironing while I sewed borders on the pieces that she finished. We called it quits when the bobbin ran out of thread. From there I went to WalMart and picked up some basic groceries and a prescription. Then came home and crashed.

Sweet Pea and I are getting into a more normal routine and I am really glad to be home. I'm making good progress on getting things organized. It's just got to be a slow process which drives me more than a bit nuts. :lol But at least I'm home.

Have a good day. :manyheart

Oh.....

I forgot to tell you, my mom went home yesterday from the hospital :clap She has a lot of meds to take and she's not 'normal' yet, but getting there slowly. Now it'll just take some time for all these meds to do their job and rest. She has blood work on Thursday and she was told to schedule a follow up with her PCP. She told him she didn't want to go back there after all this (:whew) So she asked if there was someone he would recommend and he had a nurse practitioner take over his practice that he feels is really good, so she's gonna try her out :yes

Well, here I am back again. most of the vacuuming is done, just the family room and the office left. However, I still need to do all three bathrooms. I plan to grocery shop and do errands after lunch.

Val, glad you are there safely, hope the rest of the unpacking and settling in go smoothly.

Linda, baby steps...it will eventually get done.

Marisa, glad your mom got to go home. Hope the NP is a good fit for her.

Back from the food store and I'm tired...but:

It looks like we don't have a leak in the radiant heat that's in the floor!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

What a relief!

Good morning ladies :hi

Our dinner out last night was enjoyable and we ended up hanging out and chatting for about 3 hours :eek Today I have a hair cut at 1:45 and then I'm meeting a girl from in my work neighborhood at 6 for coffee. We're starting a little group for crocheting/knitting to work on panels to donate to the Pittsburgh fiber guild to yarn bomb the 7th street bridge next year :lol

That yarn bombing sounds like such fun!

Judy - Glad your heat is fixed :) I hope Sparkie's infection clears up. WTG on the bathroom :clap

Val - Glad to hear your move is finally done, now just the unpacking.

Enjoy being pampered by the hairdresser. My hair is in between now so I just pin up the entire mess.If I were to ever get a cut again....Great Clips might be it....just to keep it a blunt cut, but off my neck. Maybe one day....I hate spending so much money on hair salons.

Good morning. I'm tired but in a good way this morning. Carol and I got quite a bit done on her t-shirt quilt although there is a LOT still to do. Carol was cutting and ironing while I sewed borders on the pieces that she finished. We called it quits when the bobbin ran out of thread. From there I went to WalMart and picked up some basic groceries and a prescription. Then came home and crashed.

It does sound like a good tired:)

Sweet Pea and I are getting into a more normal routine and I am really glad to be home. I'm making good progress on getting things organized. It's just got to be a slow process which drives me more than a bit nuts. :lol But at least I'm home.

Have a good day. :manyheart

You're so used to moving at a fast pace it's hard for you to realize it's time to slow down. I can identify with that....:lol

Oh.....

I forgot to tell you, my mom went home yesterday from the hospital :clap She has a lot of meds to take and she's not 'normal' yet, but getting there slowly. Now it'll just take some time for all these meds to do their job and rest. She has blood work on Thursday and she was told to schedule a follow up with her PCP. She told him she didn't want to go back there after all this (:whew) So she asked if there was someone he would recommend and he had a nurse practitioner take over his practice that he feels is really good, so she's gonna try her out :yes

Oh, that's great news!!!

Hi, again. I got the replacement title for my car ordered and got together all the paperwork (birth certificate, Social Security card, Marriage certificate, and two bills at the current address) and went in and got my driver's license change of address taken care of this afternoon. No charge for the new license, but a lot of rig-a-ma-role to go through to get it.

Now home and ready to do some relaxing. I have to return the rental car tomorrow so wanted to get as much of the running around done ahead of time as possible.

Judy, you are right about me being used to going if not at a dead run, at least something close to it. Going slow is such a change of pace!

Marisa, hope your mom continues to do well and that she likes the new NP.

Hi, again. I got the replacement title for my car ordered and got together all the paperwork (birth certificate, Social Security card, Marriage certificate, and two bills at the current address) and went in and got my driver's license change of address taken care of this afternoon. No charge for the new license, but a lot of rig-a-ma-role to go through to get it.It is a bear getting that done - doesn't seem right that as citizens we should have to jump through hoops like that. At least it's done, though:hug

Now home and ready to do some relaxing. I have to return the rental car tomorrow so wanted to get as much of the running around done ahead of time as possible.

Judy, you are right about me being used to going if not at a dead run, at least something close to it. Going slow is such a change of pace!

Marisa, hope your mom continues to do well and that she likes the new NP.

It's good seeing you post again. Keep taking it slow and you'll build up yourself and be strong again very soon!:hug

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Glad the heat is fixed and all is working well with it. Hope Sparkie feels better soon. The animal ghan sounds like it is really going to be cute.

Mary, Hope you had a fun day with Luke.

Val, Glad your all moved in. Now the fun begins. Enjoy your upcoming weekend. Next weekend we have MSU and UofM against each other. DD always goes tailgating with friends and we keep Maya.

Sherry, Sorry your meeting lasted so long. Hope they get your window replaced tomorrow.

Cindy, You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. Prayers for you family.

Joanne, Hope your home and relaxing and watching the Yankees if there on tonight.

Marisa, Enjoy your new crochet/knitting group. It sounds like a fun project. Glad your Mom is home. I hope the new doctor works out for her.

Linda, Sounds like you and Carol made good progress on the quilt. Glad your home to! Doesn't make sense all the stuff you have to use to prove who you are and where you live.

I'm going to watch the tigers play. Hubby wanted to go see Maya this weekend, but DD reminded me of the big next weekend so I told him we'll just wait and go then. Which works out then we can go to Payton's last game.

I'm off. Home everyone has a nice evening!

Archived