Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Evening all! Yea it'S THEWEEKEND! Very long week for me. Was able to get my work done and got the insurance sent in. Will talk with the adjustor on monday sbould be able to replace most evertyhing. No crochet last night but i will have todo some this weekend.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and all the footballgames.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

I'm on my tablet and it is about to die. Just wanted to let you know my bils surgery went good. Labs will be back in a week, then we will find out if cancer was any where else. We have football with the kids today.:cheer I'll catch up later. Hazve a great day!

Good morning. Its a lovely fall day here, a little cool, but bright and sunny. Dd has gone with a large group of friends to do volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity and she thinks they will be painting the outside of a house, so the weather is perfect for that.

Dh has cleaned the chimney and we have a small fire going. Of course we have the windows open too, since the first fire of the season always seems to leave an odor behind.

I have put the finishing touches on a baby aht that is meant to go with the baby shoes I made yesterday, and am almost finished that pair of knit slippers that I started back in January or February.

I am planning on a lazy day, crafting, reading, maybe going for a walk. Dinner will just be grilled chicken with the rest of the salad that I made yesterday.

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great Saturday. :manyheart

Joanne ~ Football Friday at work sounds like a fun way to end the week. :)

Marlene ~ Oh, that's good news about your BIL's surgery. :hug I hope the lab results come back good as well. Have a wonderful time at the games today!

Cindy ~ A fire and crafting or reading sounds just perfect!

Sherry ~ We'll be watching both the Oklahoma St/Texas game and the TCU/SMU game tonight. Keeping fingers crossed that your insurance covers everything. :manyheart

It has been raining all morning and is supposed to keep up for a while! :cheer DH is over at DD's. He and SIL are rearranging some furniture in the the boys' rooms...Luke will now be going into a toddler bed. Scary. :lol

HI all!

Brought bagels over to DD and SIL's this morning- and then DD, Ryan and I headed to Target! I picked up a few more totes for my ever growing yarn stash!!!:lol

Later on today, we are headed over to DD's friends engagement party. I'm so happy for her- she's been 'part of the family' since they were in middle school!

Hoping for a lazy, crafting day tomorrow!!! (and of course football game watching)

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Here's the Sea Baby Mermaid Cocoon and hat I tested. Here is the contact info for the designer, in case anyhone is interested.

You are invited to experience beauty in the form of crochet at

www.pontepretties.etsy.com

[font=garamond, new york, times, serif]and visit my blog

www.ponteprettiesetsy.blogspot.com

the flower was supposed to be in Lilac thread but she said I could use yarn I had on hand, so with a little change here and there in the flower pattern, voila! Like the model?:lol

[/font]

post-8552-135897780127_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897780133_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897780137_thumb.jpg

Oh Judy! How adorable! Your work is wonderful. Love the flowers! :clap

Joanne ~ Your day sounds like lots of fun. :)

Valerie ~ I hope the worst of the move is behind you guys. 'Hope you're not overdoing it. :manyheart

It's still raining and we are thrilled...it's been way too dry. I actually crocheted a lot this afternoon! :cheer

Here's the Sea Baby Mermaid Cocoon and hat I tested. Here is the contact info for the designer, in case anyhone is interested.

You are invited to experience beauty in the form of crochet at

www.pontepretties.etsy.com

and visit my blog

www.ponteprettiesetsy.blogspot.com

the flower was supposed to be in Lilac thread but she said I could use yarn I had on hand, so with a little change here and there in the flower pattern, voila! Like the model?:lol

Very cute, and I love the model! Your picture brought a big smile to my face.

The grandsons just called and want to come over for a bonfire, so I guess that's what we are doing tonight. I'll have to go hunt up marshmallows.

I think I have mastered the Tunisian stitch that we are learning in the Tunisian class. I made a dishcloth today, and you can definitely see that I am getting better at it.

Very cute, and I love the model! Your picture brought a big smile to my face.

I try and share some fun every day:D:D:D Glad you like it!;)

The grandsons just called and want to come over for a bonfire, so I guess that's what we are doing tonight. I'll have to go hunt up marshmallows.

Oh, what fun! As a Girl Scout I remember burning a few marshmallows.....:lol

I think I have mastered the Tunisian stitch that we are learning in the Tunisian class. I made a dishcloth today, and you can definitely see that I am getting better at it.

I need to get out my cotton and play...the N hook I have is perfect for the looser stitch texture I like for them.

But need to order double ended Tunisian hooks so I can try different things.

Good morning!

Judy- I love that little mermaid cocoon and hat!!! So cute!!!!

Cindy- A bonfire, toasting marshmallows=a perfect thing to do on a fall evening!!! Hope you and the grandsons had fun!!

Sherry- Hoping that all goes very well with the insurance adjuster on Monday and that you are able to replace everything!

Mary- Glad that you got in some crochet time!!! I actually did too last evening after I got home from the engagement party!!

Marlene- Thanks for posting that BIL's surgery went well. Continued prayers for his recovery!!

Val- Hope things are going well with the move!!!

Linda- Thinking of you- and missing you---- You, too, Julie!!!:hug:hug

Had a great time at the engagement party, both my youngest and middle DD were there as well as Ryan, It was fun to see of some of my DD's HS friends -Middle DD and Youngest were 2 grades apart- but since they were less than 2 years apart in age, thy had alot of mutual friends!

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday!!!

Hi House! I hope everyone is having a good day. :) We went out for breakfast and then I went shopping! I think our rain and cooler weather made me realize it's time to get out my fall decorations.

DH is glued to the Rangers game...the first of a double header. Nerve-wracking to say the least. :eek

Time for some crocheting!

Sorry to be MIA for so long, but I haven't had access to a computer at Carol's this time. I'm slowly improving, but it doesn't take much to wear me out. Am planning on being home in a few more days and will chat more then.

Love you all. :manyheart

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Thanks Joanne! It was fun making it...:hook

Linda - great hearing from you! Take it slow....you need to get your strength back.:hug

I'm going to a small neighborhood baby shower next week - the parents don't want to know the sex, so in addition to the gift certificate we're giving her I thought I'd put 2 baby hats in a bag: One pink (Vanna"s yarn) and one blue denim marl (also Vanna)

Off I go - DS is coming by later so I won't be back here till tomorrow.

:hug:manyheart

Sorry to be MIA for so long, but I haven't had access to a computer at Carol's this time. I'm slowly improving, but it doesn't take much to wear me out. Am planning on being home in a few more days and will chat more then.

Love you all. :manyheart

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

:) I was so happy to see this post!!!Glad to hear you are improving! :hug

Thanks Joanne! It was fun making it...:hook

Linda - great hearing from you! Take it slow....you need to get your strength back.:hug

I'm going to a small neighborhood baby shower next week - the parents don't want to know the sex, so in addition to the gift certificate we're giving her I thought I'd put 2 baby hats in a bag: One pink (Vanna"s yarn) and one blue denim marl (also Vanna)

Off I go - DS is coming by later so I won't be back here till tomorrow.

:hug:manyheart

That's a great idea!!! Is DS coming to watch the Giants game tonight? I can't wait- especially since they are playing the Eagles!!

I got a burst of energy today and went through and switched out my clothes. Unfortunately I don't have a big enough closet to keep all my clothes for all seasons, so have to switch out in the spring and fall Naturally, of course, now that I've done that, we'll have a 'hot' streak:lol

I have a bag of perfectly good clothes to drop off at Goodwill this week.

The timer just went off so dinner is ready!

Have a good night!

Hi Ladies,

Val, Prayers for your family! Sorry for your loss. I hope the move isn't to hard on you.

Judy, That's great you reteaching your friend crocheting. Great job on the baby set. It's really cute on your model.

Mary, Love the baby ripple. Great colors to. Thanks for the link for the hat pattern.

Tam, Love the beanies. The heart ghan is looking nice.

Cindy, A fire in the house sounds nice. Bet the kids loved the bonfire and marshmallows.

Joanne, Football friday sounds like a lot of fun. The engagement party sounds like a fun day to.

Linda, So good to hear from you. Please be careful and don't over due when you go home.

Marisa, Hope you had a fun weekend. Hows your tunisian hooking going? I've never done it.

Sherry, Glad you found most of your receipts. I hope all works out with the insurance company. We had to deal with them once when are house was struck by lightening. We had some of are stuff for many years so there wasn't any receipts. They just asked what we paid for them and had us take pics. Good luck!

My bil went home from the hospital today. DD and Maya came up to watch Payon and Jocelyn yesterday. The wicked ex dil was there. She wouldn't let Payton come and sit with us. Said we could come and sit with them. And I wouldn't do it. She also hurried him off when the game was over. :angry :angry She can only hope she don't call for me to help out this year with a ride again because right now my answer is no. She did let Jocelyn come over and be with us.

DS had her back in court friday. She had to dig into her pockets again. She was fined 1,000.00 for talking bad to the kids about there dad. I don't think she will ever get it. So the kids will be with us starting next weekend. :manyheart

Both my sisters and myself where crocheting for a bit while waiting for my bil. One sister was having a difficult time getting started but my other sister picked it right up. I'll see my sister (the one having troubles) and help her this week.

My sinuses or allergies are acting up and I have had a bit of a sore throat this weekend. I hope it doesn't turn into anything more than this.

I'm off. Hope everyone has a great night!

Hi all it has been a busy day. We had the boys today so we had lots of fun. Got them latch hook kits last night. Youngest gs cant do it, so we are helping him (its a christmas present forhishe s mom) and she eeen helped worked on it LOL. Oldest gs is enjoying it.

Hope all had a good weekend. Will catch up tomorrow

Good Monday Morning!

It was a late night last night- and sadly, my Giants lost---at the end of the game, the field goal attempt didn't go in! oh well, it'll be a long day- but at least there's craft club tonight!

Marlene- Glad your BIL is doing well---and I'm so sorry that the ex DIL is still being a pain. At least you'll get the GK's this weekend!!

Sherry- Doing latch hooks brings back memories of when my DD's were younger. They loved doing them!

Off to get ready- Hugs to all!

morning peeps!

Joanne, DS went home at half time...and I'm glad we didn't lose sleep watching the end of the Giant game! Except for the Ynakee comeback, sports yestrday, to include the Ryder cup, were all duds! Hope today flys by.

Marlene, it's so hard for you being in the middle like you are.:hug

Hi all it has been a busy day. We had the boys today so we had lots of fun. Got them latch hook kits last night. Youngest gs cant do it, so we are helping him (its a christmas present forhishe s mom) and she eeen helped worked on it LOL. Oldest gs is enjoying it.

Hope all had a good weekend. Will catch up tomorrow

Awwww....how nice:c9

It was such a bright, sunny day yesterday...well, we were at B&N mid-morning and saw and heard rescure firetrucks and ambulances fly by on Route 35 in Middletown. I always say a quick, simple prayer at times like that -Catholic school upbringing....

Then we left the store and in the near distance, over tall trees, I saw a helicopter circling and then start to come down for an apparent landing - Bell Labs/AT&T has a huge parcel of land back where it was hovering.

It was as we thought.

This morning we learned that there had been a fatal accident on that small 2 lane road. A small hatchbackand Jeep T-boned...and a 38 yo father and his 6 yo son died....4 yo daughter is in hospital, seriously hurt. The passengers in the jeep are hospitalized but will make it.

I felt so horribly for the family left behind - and for the cop and other first responders when I saw the look in his eyes as he answered the media's questions. No cop wants to respond to those things, esp when children are involved.

Stuff like this never really happens in this area.:(

....OK...off to enjoy some sunshine...and see Phyllis for show and tell....a nice way to spend the morning.

BBL

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

How was everyones weekend?

mine was busy as always..lol.... football game... baseball game.. baseball meeting...church...welcome home party for my friends Navy son....laundry...and and and :whew

I did manage to get some good crochet time in. Worked a few rows here and there on both the ripples I have going... and made a couple more Husker beanies.

off to tend to more laundry and get more coffee...

have a great day all!

bbiab!

:mug

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I'm running a little behind now. I went swimming this morning and had a patient scheduled for 9:30, but she called and canceled due to another appt that she forgot about that cannot be easily rescheduled :shrug So then Ingrid text to see if I wanted to meet for coffee, so I went and I joined her for her grocery shopping. Picked up a few things for myself just to have at the office :yes Plus, now all the pumpkin stuff is out and I can't resist :blush

I went over her house Friday night and hung out while Steph and Bean went to the Pirates game. Saturday I went over to my chiro in the morning (my roommate from our last year of school :lol ). We treated each other and then went out for lunch and an afternoon cocktail :eek When I got back Steph was cooking chickens on the grill and we prepped a sausage/egg casserole to make for this week. They had the game Sat night, but Bean is now working 7 days a week/10 hours a day :eek So I went down with Steph for a drink with her before the game so Bean would have some peace getting ready and then when she went into the game I walked back home and passed Bean along the way. I cooked the casserole so it would be done and then I made some apple muffins and although I put in more apple than it called for, I think it still needed more :think

Sunday I went to the Pirates game with Steph in the afternoon and then they went out last night for dinner and just to spend some time together. I watched the EAGLES game and crocheted, sorry Joanne, but this week your loss is my gain :devil

Joanne - Sounds like you had a great weekend...shopping, engagement party, football friday, etc. WTG switching your clothes out. I hope you make it to craft club on time :xfin

Sherry - Glad to hear you got your insurance stuff filed, sending prayers that it ends well for you :hug How cute having the gs's do the latch hook for gifts....great idea :yes

Marlene - Glad that BIL's surgery went well and he's home now :clap Sorry about all the drama ex dil continues with :eek I hope your allergies clear up for you :hug

Cindy - a lazy day with a fire sounds like :c9 That's a great idea making a discloth, I may just have to do that :think I didn't get time to practice over the weekend :no

Mary - Glad you're getting some much needed rain :clap You're right, the weather does make it finally feel a bit more like fall. I can't believe Luke is moving into a 'big boy' bed already :cheer

Judy - Your coccoon is adorable :manyheart and of course, I love the model :yes Great idea for the upcoming baby shower. Oh, I hate hearing about those accidents :sigh I only have a size K hook that is double ended.

Linda - So glad to 'hear' from you and glad to hear your doing a bit better. You were in rough shape so it'll take time to build up that strength (as Judy said) so take your time and don't push yourself too hard :hug :hug

Tam - Did your boys teams win over the weekend? WTG with your ripples and beanies :cheer

'Afternoon friends! It's sunny, cool and the windows are open...heavenly!

Linda ~ It was wonderful to see your post. :manyheart We're so anxious to have you back with us!

I won't try to comment on everything right now...I'm scrubbing our bath from ceiling to floor and need to keep going. :lol It's definitely time for updating in there - but it will wait until after baby comes and the holidays are over.

Have a great afternoon!

'Afternoon friends! It's sunny, cool and the windows are open...heavenly!

Linda ~ It was wonderful to see your post. :manyheart We're so anxious to have you back with us!

I won't try to comment on everything right now...I'm scrubbing our bath from ceiling to floor and need to keep going. :lol It's definitely time for updating in there - but it will wait until after baby comes and the holidays are over.

Have a great afternoon!

I agree, once you get moving you just have to keep going until it's done :yes

Hello everyone. Work was pretty quiet today, despite the fact that there was a full moon this weekend. Usually that brings in all sorts of odd stuff. (I know you think I am kidding, but I assure you that I am not!)

I made another tunisian dishcloth and am working on a third one, although I think I will run out of yarn before this piece is dishcloth sized. I think it will get big enough to fold it double and make a glasses case out of though. It could also turn into a pocket tissues holder. We'll see how far the yarn goes.

Marlene, sorry that you are stuck in the middle between ex-dil's shenanigans and your grand children. She doesn't seem to learn much from experience, does she?

Judy and Joanne, I could not help but think of you two sports nuts today. I had a patient who is very sick with heart problems and a very bad infection. He told me that he knew he needed to go to the emergency room, but he just had to wait until the Lions finished playing. He said "As soon as the game was over, I told the wife to get me to the ER. It was a lousy game, (the Lions lost) and it made me feel even sicker." Guess if you are a sports fan, nothing else gets in your way!

Dh and I went out for another long walk yesterday afternoon. The fall colors are just breath taking. I love this cool sunny weather, although I do hope it rains soon. Its really dry here.

Archived