Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello everyone. Work was pretty quiet today, despite the fact that there was a full moon this weekend. Usually that brings in all sorts of odd stuff. (I know you think I am kidding, but I assure you that I am not!)

I made another tunisian dishcloth and am working on a third one, although I think I will run out of yarn before this piece is dishcloth sized. I think it will get big enough to fold it double and make a glasses case out of though. It could also turn into a pocket tissues holder. We'll see how far the yarn goes.

Marlene, sorry that you are stuck in the middle between ex-dil's shenanigans and your grand children. She doesn't seem to learn much from experience, does she?

Judy and Joanne, I could not help but think of you two sports nuts today. I had a patient who is very sick with heart problems and a very bad infection. He told me that he knew he needed to go to the emergency room, but he just had to wait until the Lions finished playing. He said "As soon as the game was over, I told the wife to get me to the ER. It was a lousy game, (the Lions lost) and it made me feel even sicker." Guess if you are a sports fan, nothing else gets in your way!

Dh and I went out for another long walk yesterday afternoon. The fall colors are just breath taking. I love this cool sunny weather, although I do hope it rains soon. Its really dry here.

I surely do believe you, people always get crazy around the full moon! Usually I recognize the behavior and THEN check the calendar to see if it's a full moon :rofl

Hoping you get some rain, we've gotten alot over the past couple days....I try to blow it your way :wink

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, I can hear the excitement in your post, the boys doing there latch hooking. I'll have to have Maya check that out. She asked me this morning if we could make applesauce next summer.

Judy, I travel back roads more than not and I watch my corners. We hear about accidents like that quite often and its very sad. How was your meetup with Phyllis?

Marisa, It sounds like you had a fun weekend. Apple muffins sound yummy!

Mary, Glad the weather has cooled down and you can open the windows. I gave my bathroom a good scrubbing today to.

Cindy, I worked at a bar for awhile and we always new when there was a full moon. Way to go on your dishcloths. I don't think ex dil will ever learn.

I had a busy day today cleaning. I did the bathroom, washed windows outside and the slider inside and out, plus 4 loads of laundry.

We have to go to the VA tomorrow so I need to get the laundry done today. Hubby needs to get his prescription for his stomach meds through them. Are insurance don't pay for it and it is worth the trip there. Were hoping to meetup with his sister and mom when were done.

I'm going to go to bed and watch the tigers. Hope everyone has a great tuesday!

What a day! I'm ready for bed. Too much drama at work, wish things would settle down but i hink it will be a long time before that happens. Boys worked somw on their latch hook. Little one had to take it home last night, so it was in his backpack this morning LOL.

Read the posts but its hard to reply on my "substitute"computer, so until i get to work i won't reply to the posts. Have a greT evening all.

morning, peeps!

Mary - I finished a second basic baby hat from that pattern you posted! They're going to add a nice touch to the decorations!

...and can you send me some of your energy?:lol

Hello everyone. Work was pretty quiet today, despite the fact that there was a full moon this weekend. Usually that brings in all sorts of odd stuff. (I know you think I am kidding, but I assure you that I am not!)My mom was a nurse's aid in the delivery room when we were growing up - she always saw a huge rise in deliveries, which I think really does have something with the moon...and when DH was a cop, boy, were things bonkers for them too!

I made another tunisian dishcloth and am working on a third one, although I think I will run out of yarn before this piece is dishcloth sized. I think it will get big enough to fold it double and make a glasses case out of though. It could also turn into a pocket tissues holder. We'll see how far the yarn goes.Good work! I love the stitch....

Judy and Joanne, I could not help but think of you two sports nuts today. I had a patient who is very sick with heart problems and a very bad infection. He told me that he knew he needed to go to the emergency room, but he just had to wait until the Lions finished playing. He said "As soon as the game was over, I told the wife to get me to the ER. It was a lousy game, (the Lions lost) and it made me feel even sicker." Guess if you are a sports fan, nothing else gets in your way!You'd better believe it:lol

Dh and I went out for another long walk yesterday afternoon. The fall colors are just breath taking. I love this cool sunny weather, although I do hope it rains soon. Its really dry here.

Not to much of that around here yet - and we're getting very warm and humid tomorrow, I think - UGH

Judy, I travel back roads more than not and I watch my corners. We hear about accidents like that quite often and its very sad. How was your meetup with Phyllis?

We had a nice time....looked over new patterns, our current work, and put our heads together over anothe rpattern - not sure how much help I was with that, though:lol

I had a busy day today cleaning. I did the bathroom, washed windows outside and the slider inside and out, plus 4 loads of laundry.

We have to go to the VA tomorrow so I need to get the laundry done today. Hubby needs to get his prescription for his stomach meds through them. Are insurance don't pay for it and it is worth the trip there. Were hoping to meetup with his sister and mom when were done.

I'm going to go to bed and watch the tigers. Hope everyone has a great tuesday!

The Tigers won, I think - Central Division champs! Hopefully the Yankees will win tonight and Orioles lose so we can get the Eats and not save it till the last game tomorrow!:eek

What a day! I'm ready for bed. Too much drama at work, wish things would settle down but i hink it will be a long time before that happens. Boys worked somw on their latch hook. Little one had to take it home last night, so it was in his backpack this morning LOL.

Read the posts but its hard to reply on my "substitute"computer, so until i get to work i won't reply to the posts. Have a greT evening all.

The boys sound so cute!:c9

Hi all,

Happy Tuesday! That is all I have time for now!!!

Hugs!!!

The Yankees won! Almost there!!!!!

Off I go. Have to get the meat I need for chili tonight:D...and a couple of other things are on the to-do list.

Good Morning, House. :)

The chimney sweep is coming at 9, but DH will be here so I'm going to run errands.

Judy ~ I'm so glad you liked the pattern - I think it's well written and fun. Chili sounds yummy!

Cindy ~ Can't wait to see the tunisian dishcloths!

Marlene ~ Safe travels today. :manyheart

Sherry ~ I hope things calm down at work - between that and the break-in to deal with, you must be exhausted. :hug

Be back later - have a great morning!

Good morning ladies :hi

I made it to the aerobics class this morning, but I really just didn't want to get out of bed :no It's wet and dreary outside today. I watched some tv and crocheted a little last night. Nothing exciting going on in these parts today.

Marlene - WTG on your cleaning and laundry. Have a safe trip to VA today....how long will it take you?

Sherry - The boys sounds so cute with those latch hooks.

Joanne - Hope you have a good day at work :hug

Judy - Glad you had a nice meet up with Phyllis. I had some chili last night left over from the end of last week :drool

Mary - Good thinking to get your errands done while the chimney sweep is there :yes I hope they do a good job

I'm on hold waiting for Highmark to pick up :sigh Since I started reading the posts. This stinking new program they implemented for physical medicine is absolutely ridiculous!!! I send the required info to register my patient in their system. They are allowing their patients 8 visits only even if their plans cover more and then they need authorization beyond that. So this started Sept 1 and I registered my patient (because if you're not past the initial 8 visits allowed then it's just considered a registration) and this is only the 3rd visit of the year and it comes back rejected because it needs authorization, which oddly enough I have an authorization number for!!!!! :sigh

OK, done venting....I just wish everything wasn't computerized.

Hello housemates!

Just dropped in to let you know all is well. We're still trying to wrap up this move. My things are done because I worked in advance! DN has sooo much stuff, she didn't start packing until Saturday! We should wrap hers up today...we're already 2 days past the lease.

Enough griping...back to work.

Have a great day ladies! I'll be back as soon as I can!

Hello housemates!

Just dropped in to let you know all is well. We're still trying to wrap up this move. My things are done because I worked in advance! DN has sooo much stuff, she didn't start packing until Saturday! We should wrap hers up today...we're already 2 days past the lease.

Enough griping...back to work.

Have a great day ladies! I'll be back as soon as I can!

I know you don't really have time to take it easy since you're already 2 days overdue, but take care of yourself young lady :soap Once you get everything moved, then you can take it easy and take your time unpacking at least :yes

So I forgot last week (what else is new :lol )

I tested a change purse for a fellow viller Hui Lian and the pattern is called Round Relief Flower Coin Purse....I don't think she has it quite finalized yet and am not sure if it's available yet. It called for thread but I didn't have any. So, I used some left over Steeler sock yarn for the flower part and I had some sport weight black I used for the body and got a wonderful little surprise gift for Steph.....and might I add, she was super excited :bounce

Oh, and I had her change on me from the bread store....so I put it in there :lol Well, I've always been told it's back luck to give a wallet item as a gift with nothing in it.....I just wonder if it makes a difference that it was already hers that I put in it :devil:rofl

So with Hui Lian's permission, I share my finished product with you.....

post-36814-13589778056_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897780563_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897780566_thumb.jpg

Hi Marisa! The coin purse is wonderful! :clap I love the colors you used...and as long as you didn't give it to Steph empty, I don't think it matters where the $ came from. :lol So sorry about the insurance mess. I agree about actually wanting to speak to a person once in a while! :hug

Valerie ~ I second what Marisa said. :wink:) I know you'll be happy to be settled and get back to crocheting!

The chimney is clean, but they will come back next week to replace the chimney cap. I bought groceries and a beautiful big corn plant to replace one that I'd had for at least 12 years. :)

I tested a change purse for a fellow viller Hui Lian and the pattern is called Round Relief Flower Coin Purse....I don't think she has it quite finalized yet and am not sure if it's available yet. It called for thread but I didn't have any. So, I used some left over Steeler sock yarn for the flower part and I had some sport weight black I used for the body and got a wonderful little surprise gift for Steph.....and might I add, she was super excited :bounce

Oh, and I had her change on me from the bread store....so I put it in there :lol Well, I've always been told it's back luck to give a wallet item as a gift with nothing in it.....I just wonder if it makes a difference that it was already hers that I put in it :devil:rofl

Adorable!

That is really cute! No wonder Steph was excited to receive it!

Super busy day at work, although I enjoyed it. I'm glad I have a few days off though, I'm exhausted!

Nothing much happening here. I made my third tunisian dishcloth into a case for my sunglasses, and am now tempted to give this pattern a try. It could be done as a scrappy blanket.

Of course I really should knit the last ten rows of those slippers...or work on that scarf I am hoping to give dd for Christmas......

Thanks ladies :hug

Super busy day at work, although I enjoyed it. I'm glad I have a few days off though, I'm exhausted!

Nothing much happening here. I made my third tunisian dishcloth into a case for my sunglasses, and am now tempted to give this pattern a try. It could be done as a scrappy blanket.

Of course I really should knit the last ten rows of those slippers...or work on that scarf I am hoping to give dd for Christmas......

I really like that ghan, and I think you can do it :yes It looks like you work into each square, so you shouldn't have to do any joining :wink

Hi Ladies!

Had a good time at craft club last night- we had about 18 of us!! Fun!!!

Love that change purse you made, Marisa!

Cindy- That afghan looks gorgeous- I chuckled at your 'no sew' comment!! I know that you noticed it didn't require sewing!:lol:lol

Val- I join in with the others--please take it easy as you can. Why oh why did your GN wait till Saturday?:eek

Judy- I hope that they win and get this game in --with the rain coming/going, who knows? And Red Sox/Yankee games are notoriously long!!!

Mary- Glad that the chimney is all cleaned out and that you will have a new cap next week for it!!!

Sherry- Hope your job calms down soon- it's hard to go to work day in /day out when things are so busy and crazy! Ask me how I know?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Off to watch the game since I just looked up and the Sox are winning 2-0:eek

Happy Hump Day!!!!

Judy- What a game!!! The Yankees are making this very interesting indeed!!! Love how Ibanez pulled it out for the Yankees!!! Tonight should be a good one!

I've got meetings today ALL afternoon----how are you supposed to get anything done sitting in meetings all day:think---:lol

Oh, well, time to 'make the donuts' Make it a good day everyone!

Good morning housemates. Been a bit since I was able to get on here and post. Second job has been cutting my hours. Good news is that first job increased them so for right now I'm just going with the flow. I plan on talking to boss at second job to see why my hours have been cut so drastically when no one else's has. I hope he tells me the truth because I've been hearing four different stories about it and I want to know which one is right. Of course part of me thinks he's just trying to get me to quit. Who knows.

Spent a few minutes last week tucking in ends on a baby blanket for a coworker at first job. Also tacked down a flower for her. Trying to get in a little bit more time working on books and crocheting. Of course writer's block is holding me back. So I work on cleaning and clearing my desk off. It helps me feel like I'm not wasting all of my time.

Harry still doesn't have a job. I don't know if he actually is trying anymore. So I just keep going and paying the bills. I'm trying but I feel like I'm getting nowhere in a big hurry.

Well almost time to get my son out the door for school. He's eighteen and sometimes acts more like he's eight. Hopefully, that doesn't last. I know I'm crazy but sometimes you have to dream.

Talk to everyone later.

'morning, peeps!

Happy Hump Day!!!!

Judy- What a game!!! The Yankees are making this very interesting indeed!!! Love how Ibanez pulled it out for the Yankees!!! Tonight should be a good one!

I've got meetings today ALL afternoon----how are you supposed to get anything done sitting in meetings all day:think---:lol

Oh, well, time to 'make the donuts' Make it a good day everyone!

I turned over when the Sox made it 3-1....DH (who must REALLY love me) woke me up when he woke up in the 13th inning...and said "Do you know the Yankees game is still going?!"

Wow, did I ever wake up!! TG for replay...I like Ebanez so much.At his age he doesn't get frazzled...I always feel liek he's going to do something at the plate in those clutch situations! This time he did two things?!:clap:cheer:clapAnd for Francisco Cervelli to finally come to bat this year and end up scoring the winning run!

Storybook!!:clap

Glad craft club was such a good one...I know Phyllis was planning on going. She's such a great hooker!

Have a good, fast, day!!

Good morning housemates. Been a bit since I was able to get on here and post. Second job has been cutting my hours. Good news is that first job increased them so for right now I'm just going with the flow. I plan on talking to boss at second job to see why my hours have been cut so drastically when no one else's has. I hope he tells me the truth because I've been hearing four different stories about it and I want to know which one is right. Of course part of me thinks he's just trying to get me to quit. Who knows.

It sounds like you're ready to hear whatever the answer is, just so you know:hug

Spent a few minutes last week tucking in ends on a baby blanket for a coworker at first job. Also tacked down a flower for her. Trying to get in a little bit more time working on books and crocheting. Of course writer's block is holding me back. So I work on cleaning and clearing my desk off. It helps me feel like I'm not wasting all of my time.

That's how I always know I have writer's block: suddenly scrubbing the bathrooms seems more appealing than sitting down and churning out the words!!! You'll get past this.....

Harry still doesn't have a job. I don't know if he actually is trying anymore. So I just keep going and paying the bills. I'm trying but I feel like I'm getting nowhere in a big hurry.SO? Or engaged? I forgot what you mentioned about him.

Well almost time to get my son out the door for school. He's eighteen and sometimes acts more like he's eight. Hopefully, that doesn't last. I know I'm crazy but sometimes you have to dream.

Talk to everyone later.

I raised one of those testosterone-laden critters, too. He's now 37 - and they DO improve with age (like a good wine:lol).

Usual stuff on my agenda. I did refine my crochet projects list last night.

I learned I don't have the patience to make baby sweaters any more. Which is fine. Just not for mae.

I do thoroughly enjoy making baby hats and blankies. I'm going to use some of my newly learned afghan stitch "skills" to make squares for the blankies I give to the NICU. It'll be something different for me.

I hope everyone has a good day.:hug:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, last night I left here kinda late, went home and had a bite to eat and then crocheted. I got to practice just a few rows of the tunisian stitch before I worked on the mystery ghan I have going and am now a bit behind on. I'll never finish this week by Friday. Tonight I'm going out with Sue to a PYP event at a Mexican restaurant :drool

Joanne - Glad to hear you made it to craft club for a nice and relaxing evening.....well relaxing until the game started anyways :devil I hope you're meetings go well today :hug

Shannon - Sorry to hear that your hours are being cut and that people are talking about it. That's just rude :eek I think asking about it is a good idea, like Judy said....you're ready to just know what's' up regardless of what the reasoning is. Sending prayers for Harry that something comes up :hug

Judy - Oh well, you gave the sweaters a try....stick to what you enjoy doing or will won't be fun anymore :no Glad dh woke you up for the game :lol

Happy Wednesday, everyone. :autumn

Judy and Joanne ~ Your Yankees are sure ending the season better than the Rangers. :( They HAVE to win tonight to win the AL West!

Cindy ~ What a pretty afghan pattern! I'm glad work is going well for you. :)

Shannon ~ Way to go on finishing the baby blanket! :clap I hope things work out at your second job. :hug

Marisa ~ Congratulations on being chosen for Mary Jo's bag! :cheer

Hi to the rest of my friends, too! :manyheart

Well, I'm paying for goofing off the last couple of days. :lol The 3rd load of laundry is going and the vacuum is staring at me...better get back to it!

Hello everyone. I checked in form my phone this morning, but I am too lazy to go to the trouble of posting form the phone! I spent my day doing laundry, cleaning and running errands. Its been rainy and gloomy all day here. We really need the rain, so I hope it continues into tomorrow. (also we just planted grass, since our lawn really suffered from the dry summer, and it would be nice to not have to water it.)

I am busy making fingerless gloves for myself. I like to sit outside and read, and my hands get really cold. My hands also get cold when I read in bed. I may look odd, wearing them in bed, but I will be comfortable!

Shannon, I'm sorry your hours got cut. Hope harry finds something soon.

Judy, I'd rather make hats and blankets than sweaters, but once in a while I do make a baby sweater.

Hi all,

My, oh, my what a day---between the all afternoon meetings and then taking over an hour to drive home!! There was a dump truck accident on the NJ Tpk and the road was closed from exit 9 (I drive by there) and exit 7A- so all surrounding roads were a mess. The accident was this morning- and apparently they had to keep the road closed because part of an overpass was affected by a fire at the scene. All I know is it messed up my ride home! Got home AFTER the Yankees started and I left work at 5:30 (game started at 7:05)

Ok, now I'm home, game is on, Yankees are winning and all is good---so far!!!

Mary- Sorry to hear that TX lost today to the A's. They now have to play for the wildcard- good luck to them!

Cindy- Nothing wrong with fingerless gloves in bed- or outside or wherever. I've made two pairs for myself and love them...makes me want to make a 'new pair" for this season! Gave me good idea for my friend Ann- her hands are always cold and I gave her a purple scarf for her birthday- I think for Christmas she'll get a pair of fingerless gloves in the same color! What pattern do you use?

Judy- The ending of the game was great last night- Nice of DH to wake you up! Have fun with the tunisian squares! I should go back to that- I have lots of notes from when I took the class --but right now I'm trying to finish up a few WIP's!

Marisa- I'm so behind on the mystery'ghan---I do like the squares so far, but it involves paying attention and counting, and right now my mind is in the mood for mindless, not counting too much. So I've got a RR going and the Sunny Spread and occasionally a few small squares to make a patchwork blanket teaching myself join as you go.

Val- Hope you are all moved in--and not too sore!

Well, I'd better go - and grab a quick bite to eat and settle in with the hook and game.

See you in the AM!

Hello everyone. I checked in form my phone this morning, but I am too lazy to go to the trouble of posting form the phone! I spent my day doing laundry, cleaning and running errands. Its been rainy and gloomy all day here. We really need the rain, so I hope it continues into tomorrow. (also we just planted grass, since our lawn really suffered from the dry summer, and it would be nice to not have to water it.)

I am busy making fingerless gloves for myself. I like to sit outside and read, and my hands get really cold. My hands also get cold when I read in bed. I may look odd, wearing them in bed, but I will be comfortable!

Shannon, I'm sorry your hours got cut. Hope harry finds something soon.

Judy, I'd rather make hats and blankets than sweaters, but once in a while I do make a baby sweater.

I have a pair of fingerless gloves someone made for me and I love them - so handy and practical.

I read posts from my phone sometimes, too - and don't want to post from it since it's a bear....

Joanne even without accidents the traffic around here has been bad. At least you got home eventually!

Yankees up 7 to 1 now.

Nice:D

nite all,:hug:manyheart

Archived