Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Tammy ~ Oh, what beautiful projects! :clap I keep looking at the afghans, but can't pick a favorite-they're all great. The clutch is so pretty...do you have the lining fabric picked out?

Hi Valerie ~ I'm working on a preemie ripple for the Charity CAL and then will get back to the fall 'ghan.:) Only a few more days until moving day!

I hope everyone is having a good day. We're back in the 90's :(...we may need to get Luke's wading pool out again. :think

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy ~ Book club sounds like so much fun! Let us know if the afghan sale goes through and I bet you will have lots of orders for the hats!:crocheting

Well, the newborn hat is a sale...the shower my neighbor is going to is tomorrow (hat, except for flower, is already done). She wasn't so sure about the lilac blanket (the color), so if I have no takers (gift or sale) down the road I'll donate it to the NICU. I think I'll try and keep a couple of different ones on hand regardless...that is, after making the christening hat my neighbor wants for her adorable little girl. That'll be an October event. I may make 2 because of the size issue - that's always been my problem when making wearables. Love the baby stuff:c9

gonna try and get some pics to load here... its been pitching me fits trying to do that. :think

wanted to share a few of the afghans I have made lately

[ATTACH]58791[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]58792[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]58794[/ATTACH]

:mug

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ thank you¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

here is pic of a clutch I made... still need to line it and put in a zipper

[ATTACH]58796[/ATTACH]

this is the current ripple I'm working on

[ATTACH]58797[/ATTACH]

Awesome work, Tam! Love the purse, too - making a lining and zipper...well, you have a ton more patience than I do!:eek

Hi all,

Tam- Love the ripples. What size do you make your comfortghan's (and if you can, which pattern do you use)? I like them all, but am especially partial to the blue/beige/brown one-

Judy- That's great that you made a sale on the hat- it really was very special with the ribbon running through it! Glad you had a good time at book club!

Mary- Have fun with Luke--and glad you have your priorities straight! LOL Good thinking to have the tractor battery all charged up and ready to go!!!

Val- Happy that your headache is gone! Take it easy with the packing!!!

Maryd--We'll be here cheering you on to finish the vest!! You can do it!!!!

Cindy- Enjoy your dinner out!!! DH brought dinner home, which is the next best thing!! No cooking!!!

Had some sad news again at work today- one of my co-workers husband passed away today. They are both from Ireland- and she is one awesome lady! She makes the best scones I've ever had- she always bakes them for any of our birthday celebrations! Please keep her in your prayers....

Off to watch the Yankees and take my mind off things!

Good evening everyone!

Thanks so much Mary!!! I'm not completely sure on the lining yet... I have a pretty plum paisley that I like.

Thanks Cindy! :hug

LOL... aww thanks Judy!

Joanne... My ripples are made up of multilples of 19... so the blue/brown one is a chain of 133 ... first dc in the 4th ch from hook... ch3 counting as first dc. continue with 7 more dc's in each ch st giving you a total of 9 dc. ch2 dc in same ch as last dc and continue with 8 more dc in each ch st. sk 2 ch .. dc in each of the next 9 ch .. ch2 ..dc in same st as last dc... and so on ~ you should have 7 hills. You can then chose the color pattern you want and the length. Now remember .. . when starting and ending each row after the first one.. you need to dc 2tog so that you always have 9dc at the beginning and end of each row. Obviously having 9dc through out the hills and valleys.

Good morning!

Tammy- The patriotic ripple is beautiful! Thanks to your friend's son for his service to our country! And thank you for sharing the pattern that you use for your comfort'ghans!!!

Judy- Quite a scare at the end of the Yankee game last night---It was nice to see your "DH" get a home run!! Every time I see Martin I think of your comment on how he looks like your DH!!!

Off to get some cleaning done! Hope you all have a great day.

I did take pictures while I have the time of the RR and the white Bubbles Baby blanket- its cloudy out, so pics not the best, but here they are:

post-27163-135897778794_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897778797_thumb.jpg

Morning peeps!

I sold the newborn baby beanie for a song...just enough to buy more soft yarn:D I hate asking for too much money from people I know.

Got a pic of my Military Ripple.

I made this for a friends son who just got to come home from his deployment.

[ATTACH]58802[/ATTACH]

:heart

Oh, that is gorgeous! The colors look great! And TY for the pattern....saved the info! How big do your ripples turn out?

Judy- Quite a scare at the end of the Yankee game last night---It was nice to see your "DH" get a home run!! Every time I see Martin I think of your comment on how he looks like your DH!!!

When Martin came up I had a feeling he just might do it - he's been on more of a roll lately. I wish I was able to show you a pic from DH's younger days so you could see the resemblance - maybe when we meet up I'll bring one....

Off to get some cleaning done! Hope you all have a great day.

I did take pictures while I have the time of the RR and the white Bubbles Baby blanket- its cloudy out, so pics not the best, but here they are:

Beautiful blankets!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap

Have a good day!

Good morning!

Tam - that purse is awesome and the ghans are beautiful!

Judy - WTG on your sales!

Joanne - your blanKets are beautiful! Praying for your co-worker!

Cindy - hope you had a great time at dinner. I have a spread sheet listing each of my wips and it's info! I was going to do something similar to your rotation plan but I started getting orders for pay.

Mary - have fun with Luke today!

I have a girl scout function today because my niece is working and I'm the alternate.

BBL!

Hi House. :)

Joanne ~ Yay for pictures! Both afghans are wonderful. :clap The variegated, pink and lavendar colors are so pretty together!

Tammy ~ Your military afghan is stunning! I love ripples. :hook

Judy ~ I like to keep baby 'ghans on hand, too. I have too many - it's way past time to donate some more. :think

Valerie ~ Have a great time with the Girl Scouts! :manyheart

Hi to everyone at Our House. :) We're going to leave about 9 to pick up Luke, so I had better get moving. Oh! I do believe we have a name for new baby - Zachary! Although, this could still change. :lol I'm not having anything engraved yet. :D

Good morning. Sunny and cold here at the moment.

Joanne and Tam, your blankets are lovely. Tam thanks for sharing your pattern.

Val, if I made a spread sheet for all my WIPs, i think it would be too intimidating, as I have so many half finished projects. Hopefully my WIP rotation method will enable me to finish all of them up eventually.

No big plans for me today, besides laundry. We tried a new restaurant last night (just opened a few months ago), and I was not impressed. The restaurant itself was attractive and comfortable and the server was great, but the food was, quite frankly, lousy. Rolls were burnt, steak was tough and the salad was watery. Guess we should just stick to our old favorites.

:autumn Good Morning kids............

Thanks Joanne......... I love that round ripple...... what fun colors!

Thank you Judy..........You're welcome for the pattern. I learned the ripple as one of my first things to crochet when my aunt taught me as a kid. She told me that I could create a ripple in any number combo I wanted... so it was a fun pattern to know. As the years have gone on.. .I have found that I like the hills and valleys of 9.... so thats what I've stuck with! The 7 hill ripple comes out to be 46" x 60" .... the Military one is longer do to the way I wanted the colors to be.

Thanks so much Valerie.

Thank you Mary................have a great day!

Today is a busy day for me... not sure how much time I will get with my hook.

Cousins wedding ... fundraiser for a friend... and maybe a little time out with my mom.

Oh............speaking of wedding..........

here is a pic of the minis I made for them.

post-18634-135897779212_thumb.jpg

Okay kids.... off for a coffee refill........

:hug's to you all........

have a GREAT day

:heart

Good morning. Sunny and cold here at the moment.

Joanne and Tam, your blankets are lovely. Tam thanks for sharing your pattern.

Val, if I made a spread sheet for all my WIPs, i think it would be too intimidating, as I have so many half finished projects. Hopefully my WIP rotation method will enable me to finish all of them up eventually.

No big plans for me today, besides laundry. We tried a new restaurant last night (just opened a few months ago), and I was not impressed. The restaurant itself was attractive and comfortable and the server was great, but the food was, quite frankly, lousy. Rolls were burnt, steak was tough and the salad was watery. Guess we should just stick to our old favorites.

aww... thanks hon! You're welcome for the pattern. Its an oldie but goodie!!! :hook

sorry about your dinner last night. :( Only way to know though if you like a place.. you gotta try it!

Hi all,

Had a lovely day yesterday and it's great to have my oldest here, even if it's a short visit! Saw my middle DD and BF for about an hour before DD and I headed over to my youngest DD's.

This morning is the Christening and looking forward to a nice day shared with family and friends! :manyheart

We had some rain last night and the temps are cool this morning. Fall is in the air!:)

Hope you all have wonderful Sunday!

'morning, peeps! It's a glorious, cool morning here. Fall has really arrived!:clap

Judy, I just noticed another Sherlock Holmes knock-off, (short story), free at Amazon:

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Viscounts Butler.

Thank you!!! :hugI love having so many free SH books to chose from!:cheer:clap

Hi all,

Had a lovely day yesterday and it's great to have my oldest here, even if it's a short visit! Saw my middle DD and BF for about an hour before DD and I headed over to my youngest DD's.

This morning is the Christening and looking forward to a nice day shared with family and friends! :manyheart

We had some rain last night and the temps are cool this morning. Fall is in the air!:)

Hope you all have wonderful Sunday!

Such a good weekend for you!:c9 Enjoy your family time.

We tried a new restaurant last night (just opened a few months ago), and I was not impressed. The restaurant itself was attractive and comfortable and the server was great, but the food was, quite frankly, lousy. Rolls were burnt, steak was tough and the salad was watery. Guess we should just stick to our old favorites.

Don't you hate that...spending hard earned money on a horrible meal?We tend to stick to the familiar for just that reason.

Hi to everyone at Our House. :) We're going to leave about 9 to pick up Luke, so I had better get moving. Oh! I do believe we have a name for new baby - Zachary! Although, this could still change. :lol I'm not having anything engraved yet. :D

Have fun time with the energizer bunny:lol:lol:lol

Z would be a nice name -both boys would have such strong names!

Judy - WTG on your sales!

TY:)

I have a girl scout function today because my niece is working and I'm the alternate.

BBL!

Enjoy your day!!:hug

Not much on the agenda...BBL!

Good morning housemates!

Joanne - what a way to start your week...all 3 of your girls and Ryan. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Mary - I like Zachary for the new baby! Enjoy. Your Sunday with Luke!

Cindy - I don't even try new stuff at my favorite restaurants. I have certain things I order at certain places. I can't stand to pay for an unsatisfactory meal.

Judy - will you be going to delicious today?

I enjoyed my GS outing. It was a CityFest type thing! I helped sell the cokes. The girls were selling for the city in order to get a volunteer badge. I met a lady that wants me to crochet her logo for her business to hang on her wall and a blanket as well. She will have it transferred to graph paper. She also wants me to teach crochet at her church. She is the type that would bring in business!

Well I had to buy 2 more skeins of yarn to redo the 9 squares because the color matched the last 2 skeins...oh well! I'll make a patchwork for one of my neice's teachers.

Back to packing!

Have a great day all!

Hello everyone. Nothing much going on here. Its a nice fall like day outside, sunny but quite cool. I'm working on my project rotations. I'm caught up on the slippers and scarf and am ready to get started on the log cabin.

Mary, I really like the name Zachary.

Joanne, sounds like your day yesterday was just wonderful.

Val, the restaurant was new to us, but the owner has several restaurants in the city that we really like, so we were doubly disappointed. Your crochet business seems to be taking off! Hope the packing is going well.

Judy, I don't know if I saw your Lucy video here or on face book, but I wanted to let you know that it was cute.

Judy - will you be going to delicious today?

No....it would have been a dessert run, so I persuaded DH we could have pudding instead of buying too many sweets. He'll probably be ready tp go next week, though:lol

I enjoyed my GS outing. It was a CityFest type thing! I helped sell the cokes. The girls were selling for the city in order to get a volunteer badge. I met a lady that wants me to crochet her logo for her business to hang on her wall and a blanket as well. She will have it transferred to graph paper. She also wants me to teach crochet at her church. She is the type that would bring in business!

That's awesome news!:cheer:clap

Well I had to buy 2 more skeins of yarn to redo the 9 squares because the color matched the last 2 skeins...oh well! I'll make a patchwork for one of my neice's teachers.

Good thinking!

Back to packing!

Have a great day all!

I hope your day was a good one!

Hello everyone. Nothing much going on here. Its a nice fall like day outside, sunny but quite cool. I'm working on my project rotations. I'm caught up on the slippers and scarf and am ready to get started on the log cabin.

Go, Cindy, Go!:cheer:clap:cheer

Judy, I don't know if I saw your Lucy video here or on face book, but I wanted to let you know that it was cute.

Thanks! I just posted another one, a short 30 second clip, on my crochet blog....:D

Judy - I Love Lucy! She is a hoot. I enjoyed the clips. You really gave her the perfect name!

Cindy - WTG working on your projects!

I crocheted 5 of the 12 squares that I have to redo. I packed several boxes of yarn in between crocheting!

I'm going to pack a few more boxes and then call it a night.

Have a good night housemates!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Lots of prayers going out for your niece, the 5 year old, and both of your coworkers. Both of your afghans are beautiful! Love the colors of the RR. Glad your family could be together for Ryan's special day.

MaryD, Very pretty squares. Enjoy your school holiday off time.

Tam, All your afghans are beautiful! The clutch is to cute. How sweet of you to make the candies for the wedding.

Judy, The baby is adorable and the hat is so cute on her. Congrats on the sale of the baby beanie.

Cindy, Your project rotating idea sounds like a good plan. Sorry your dinner wasn't very good. Homemade Christmas sounds really nice.

Sherry, Sorry someone broke in and took your possessions.

Val, Glad your migraine is gone. Sorry those dye lots didn't match and you are doing new ones. Your being rewarded for helping the girl scouts. Great way to drum up business and you don't even have to try.

Mary, Are oldest GS's name is Zachery. I know you loved your Luke time.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes for all that is going on with family and friends. Are SIL lost her Mom saturday morning. It was expected. They knew a couple of weeks ago it was getting close. Her Mom either had dementia or alzheimers.

We had a nice time with Payton, Jocelyn and DS at there games. Neither team won and we were rained but we were ready for it.

Busy week this week, wednesday funeral, thursday hubby's last day of golf, friday BIL's surgery, saturday football and cheerleading games. If you don't see me at the end of the week this is why.

I had a call from a cousin today and we talked for 2 hours. We haven't seen each other in a couple of years and she needed to vent off about her daughter.

Hubby woke me up 3 times before 5:30 when I finally stayed up. He could hear something in are crawl space. I don't know what he thought I was going to do about it. He found where it got in at and put a trap there and later in the day we caught a rabbit. Boy that thing made a lot of noise. I did go back to bed at 9:30 and took an hour nap.

I'm going to head to bed now. Hope everyone has a nice monday!

Judy - I Love Lucy! She is a hoot. I enjoyed the clips. You really gave her the perfect name!

She is! And I'm glad you could see her personality!

I crocheted 5 of the 12 squares that I have to redo. I packed several boxes of yarn in between crocheting!

I'm going to pack a few more boxes and then call it a night.

Have a good night housemates!

I hope you accomplished all that you wanted to do!

Judy, The baby is adorable and the hat is so cute on her. Congrats on the sale of the baby beanie.

Thanks!

Busy week this week, wednesday funeral, thursday hubby's last day of golf, friday BIL's surgery, saturday football and cheerleading games. If you don't see me at the end of the week this is why.that's a lot of stuff in one week!:P

Hubby woke me up 3 times before 5:30 when I finally stayed up. He could hear something in are crawl space. I don't know what he thought I was going to do about it. He found where it got in at and put a trap there and later in the day we caught a rabbit. Boy that thing made a lot of noise. I did go back to bed at 9:30 and took an hour nap.

I'm going to head to bed now. Hope everyone has a nice monday!

Once we had a squirrel running around in our attic! Noisy, too...

Well, Sparkie wole us up withnon stop ear flapping - looks like it's his turn to have an ear infection. I had some meds left so I treated it - no ear cleaning (needs to wait a half hour if you do, before using the meds)and I hate doing that before the vet sees him, but...now he's laying down comfortably and I used it only 5 minutes ago.

Now to try and get some sleep.:P

Good morning!

Marlene- Sorry to hear about the loss of your SIL's mother. Even though it was expected, it's still not easy. Seems like there is a lot going on in your neck of this woods this week! Hang in there!

Judy- Hope that the meds did the trick for Sparkie and you got some sleep- when I saw the time you posted, I knew something was going on. It's not like you to post at 2:30 in the morning! I just had a chance to look at the clip- very cute---and I agree, Lucy is the perfect name!!

Val- Hope you got some packing done- and WTG on another order!!! Are you moving this coming weekend? Bet you'll be glad when that is done!

Yesterday was a picture perfect day- beautiful weather and great company!! We had a wonderful time! Ryan looked so handsome in his little white suit. It's what life is all about!!! My DD is leaving for home this morning and it was great having her here.

Well, it's back to reality now- time to get ready for Paradise.

Hugs to ALL!

Archived