Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning housemates!

I've dropped off DN and DGN. Laying here waiting to drop off DNeph.

Judy - like Joanne, I knew something was up when I saw the time of your post. I hpoe you got some sleep and Sparkie is ok! I did get a lot done.

Joanne I glad you had a wonderful weekend. We start moving on Thursday and we have until the 30th to clear things out here!

Marlene - praying for your SIL and family. Yes, I did have to remake the squares. I made 5 of them yesterday in between packing.

I got another square done while watching a movie.

Have a good day all!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again...

Well, I got some sleep - I've had worse nights. At least Sparkie stopped flapping his ears. I'll get him looked at today, poor guy:manyheart

Val....yay for moving!!! I hope the weather is good and it all goes smoothly.

Yesterday I spent time working on a test project...it's a baby "cocoon" and just too cute! Should be done in a couple of days. Since the designer posted a pic on FB I assume it's ok for me to do that here, since it's just a pic. I'll link to her site.

BBL

Finally got my password changed for here! I've had to change all our passwords on everything, close out the bank account, will have to change all the things that are automatically taken out. It's such a mess. And all my patterns were on that computer. Most of the patterns are on a flash drive but my newest ones were not :( At least, I got the Nook turned off where it won't even power on (keep your Serial Numbers). Still cleaning glass out of the bedroom where they broke in. Landlord still has NOT fixed our windoow and it's supposed to rain later this week. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. We hope we can catch them as neighbor had a video camera and she's making a copy of it for the police.

Lovely blankets Tam and Joanne!!

Will have to catch up later! Have a great day all!

Once we had a squirrel running around in our attic! Noisy, too...

Well, Sparkie wole us up withnon stop ear flapping - looks like it's his turn to have an ear infection. I had some meds left so I treated it - no ear cleaning (needs to wait a half hour if you do, before using the meds)and I hate doing that before the vet sees him, but...now he's laying down comfortably and I used it only 5 minutes ago.

Now to try and get some sleep.:P

Poor Sparky!!

We had a squirrel in the house once. the dog chased it in when we let her in and it took several days to catch it. We used a live trap and you should have heard that squirrel holler when it was finally caught!

Hello everyone. I spent the morning at a work related class, and got home about one. DD has to work tonight, so she is sleeping, so I went for a walk and then did my slipper knitting rotation.

Marlene, your life sounds super busy at the moment. So sorry about your sil's mom. Hope next week things quiet down for you.

Joanne, glad you had such a nice weekend. Too bad they have to end.

Val, I've only moved twice in my life, (once when I moved to Michigan, and once when I got married, and I didn't own many things either time.) Even so, I remember it as a lot of work. Sounds like you are making good progress on the afghan, despite having to remake some of the squares.

Sherry, I'm so sorry that there are so many consequences from your home invasion. Dh had his wallet stolen once, and that was bad enough, but you have so many more things to deal with. Our computers automatically back up to an external hard drive, so if my computer was stolen, I'd still have my pictures, patterns and music.

Well, back to knitting. I'm going to sit outside and work on my scarf for a while. I have to take advantage of the beautiful weather. It'll soon be too cold to knit out there.

Tonight we are going to dd's for dinner to celebrate our third grandsons fourth birthday.

Finally got my password changed for here! I've had to change all our passwords on everything, close out the bank account, will have to change all the things that are automatically taken out. It's such a mess. And all my patterns were on that computer. Most of the patterns are on a flash drive but my newest ones were not :( At least, I got the Nook turned off where it won't even power on (keep your Serial Numbers). Still cleaning glass out of the bedroom where they broke in. Landlord still has NOT fixed our windoow and it's supposed to rain later this week. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. We hope we can catch them as neighbor had a video camera and she's making a copy of it for the police.

Lovely blankets Tam and Joanne!!

Will have to catch up later! Have a great day all!

What a mess dealing with all that!!!!! Sounds like someone from the area - maybe? Someone I know had her house burglarized and it turned out to be the druggie brother of her DD's best friend!

Poor Sparky!!

We had a squirrel in the house once. the dog chased it in when we let her in and it took several days to catch it. We used a live trap and you should have heard that squirrel holler when it was finally caught!

We've had one die in the dead space beteen the laundry room and garage. We also hadan adbventure when a mouse tried to hid in the drain of our bathtub. You've never seen a GSD so focused:lol:lol:lol

Hello everyone. I spent the morning at a work related class, and got home about one. DD has to work tonight, so she is sleeping, so I went for a walk and then did my slipper knitting rotation.

Nice short day!:clap

Well, back to knitting. I'm going to sit outside and work on my scarf for a while. I have to take advantage of the beautiful weather. It'll soon be too cold to knit out there.

Tonight we are going to dd's for dinner to celebrate our third grandsons fourth birthday.

Enjoy the party!:c9

Afternoon House...............

Everyone has been busy!

Marlene......... I'm sorry about your SIL's mom... expected or not... its still hurts the heart

I'm so glad you had a nice weekend Joanne!! :hug

Sherry honey.... I'm just still sick to hear of your house being broke into. Praying for you sweetie! :hug

Have fun at the birthday party Cindy! :D

I've been working on this and that and more of this... back to that... LOL

Got a few more rows on my blue/brown ripple.

Then started a new ripple to try and use up all my tiny balls of yarn.

Then worked more on making all the football beanies I need to make.

Not to mention its laundry day... getting that done.

Gonna toss something on the grill for dinner tonight... not sure what yet.. just really want to grill! :D

my scrap sweetheart ripple

post-18634-135897779407_thumb.jpg

a couple of my football beanies (boy ones)

post-18634-1358977794_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Glad you had a great weekend with your family.

Judy, Hope Sparkie feels better soon. Glad you were able to go back to sleep.

Val, Won't be long now and you'll be in your new place.

Sherry, Sorry you have to go through all this. Tomorrow I'm going to go through and update are list. I hope your able to catch who ever did this.

Cindy, Happy Birthday to DGS! I'm sure it was a fun time.

Mary, Glad you had a fun time with Luke.

Tam, Your sweetheart ripple looks really nice. The football beanies are cute!

I had laundry to do today and will finish it up tomorrow. I bought some sweet potatoes so I cooked them up and froze them. Pretty quiet day here.

Have a nice tuesday everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Glad you had a great weekend with your family.

Judy, Hope Sparkie feels better soon. Glad you were able to go back to sleep.

Val, Won't be long now and you'll be in your new place.

Sherry, Sorry you have to go through all this. Tomorrow I'm going to go through and update are list. I hope your able to catch who ever did this.

Cindy, Happy Birthday to DGS! I'm sure it was a fun time.

Mary, Glad you had a fun time with Luke.

Tam, Your sweetheart ripple looks really nice. The football beanies are cute!Thanks dear!!! I appreciate the compliments!

I had laundry to do today and will finish it up tomorrow. I bought some sweet potatoes so I cooked them up and froze them. Pretty quiet day here.

Have a nice tuesday everyone!

whew... busy day... got a couple more beanies made and a couple rows on each of my ripple'ghans.... along with doing laundry all day... running David for a hair cut... and grilling steaks for dinner!

Tomorrow is a new day! :D

Good morning Housemates!!

Read through the posts and here we are almost 6AM already! Didn't get home till about 9- attended the wake for my co-worker's husband. It was a long day!

Tam- love the start of the ripple and the football beanies are great!!

Judy- How's Sparkie doing?

Cindy- I'm trying to get outside as much as I can while the weather is so delightful. Trying to walk at lunchtime just to get in some exercise AND revel in the crisp fall air! I love this time of year!

Val- Good luck with the move- and glad you were able to get some more squares done.

Mary- Have you caught up from your weekend with Luke?

Marlene- I love sweet potatoes and never thought to cook them up and then freeze them!

Linda-- Hope you are doing well!

You, too Julie!!! And Marisa- How was your weekend with the folks and MaryAnn?

Off to get ready- clock doesn't want to stop while I sit here drinking my coffee and enjoying a visit to the Ville!! LOL

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Mine was busy... but thats normal around here! :D

Football games.. Wedding... Fundraiser... Dinner out with my mom... Church...Baseball Game... run errands... camp out sleepover for my youngest at a friends... laundry...haircut for youngest....grilling steaks for dinner..... and of course crocheting any chance I got!!!

Today I have to run hubby around for some work related things he needs to do. So I'll be taking my hook and yarn with me... sittin' in my Jeep and crocheting while he does his thing. :hook

I do need to mail out a couple afghans today.... dont let me forget to take them with me ladies :D

okay... off to get a coffee refill and get the boys moving for school.

bbiab!

Hi, Tam, Marlene, Joanne and everyone!

Sparkie is nice and comfortable now....ear meds and an antihistamine/steroid combo...and lots of trips out to pee:lol

Haven't heard from Linda in a while again:( I hope everything is going ok.

Off to show a neighbor how to crochet a baby beanie and then she and I, along with 2 other neighbors, are doing the 5 dollar lunch special nearby:D

Have a good one, my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning!!

I've dropped off the girls and I'm getting ready to run some errands.

I finished all 12 squares. I have to do 5 that spell "CHLOE.". I can then put it together and then finish the black/gray//white!

Got lots to do today. I'll be back when I can!

Hi Ladies. :manyheart I'm trying to figure out how I used to keep up with everything. :lol It sure seemed a lot easier! ;) Today, I'm picking Luke up at noon from pre-school and will stay with him until DD gets home from her dr. and Gracie has a vet appt. at 3.

Sherry ~ I am so sorry you're having to go through this. :hug It disrupts your whole life and takes so much time! We had identity theft several years ago, so I can totally sympathize. :hug

Valerie ~ Great progress on your afghan! :clap I'm glad you have some extra time to get everything moved to your new home. :)

Tammy ~ The beanies are wonderful! The ripple is gorgeous and such a great pattern. :hook

Judy ~ Oh, great news about Sparkie. :manyheart Your morning and lunch sound like lots of fun!

Joanne ~ Have a good day!

Marlene ~ Thanks for reminding me...DH asked for oven fried sweet potatoes not long ago and I completely forgot. :D How is Maya doing?

Cindy ~ Knitting outside sounds so nice! We're still hot and dry - yesterday was 94* and today is more of the same.

Hi and Hugs to anyone I've missed. :ghug Better get back to the laundry.

Good morning ladies :hi I'm baaaaaccccck!

I can't believe I haven't been here since last Wednesday :eek Well, Thursday morning I cleaned the house, came to the office for a few hours, and then went out with a friend to a PYP event. My parents and aunt got in around 8:30ish and we visited for a bit. Maryann's bus got in a half hour late at about 1 am.

Friday we went out to breakfast and then my dad and I fixed Steph's recliner. We went to the office to finish up some last minute things and a couple errands. In the evening Ingrids family came over to hang out and we had an enjoyable night. Saturday morning we went over to the event to put up my sign and take the stuff over. Back to the house to get ready and have breakfast. The event was 2-9 and it was super busy. I think we got quite a bit of awareness out there :yes By the end of the day, my voice was getting a little raspy.

Sunday, my voice was gone!!! I'm now on day 3 without it :( We went for breakfast, took Maryann to catch her bus and then my parents and I ran over to the office to unload everything from the day before and then they headed out as well. We went to Bettis' for the Steeler's game and to celebrate a friends birthday (which is actually today).

Yesterday was busy. I had 4 patients by noon, one of which was new :clap Then I had lunch with one of them who is also a friend. I came back here to do paperwork and another patient called to see if she could come in too :yay I made it to the gym for the night class and went back this morning for that class. And finally I have a chance to check in and get back in here :whew

I read through all the posts and breezed quicker and quicker as I got to todays. I've seen some awesome pictures :manyheart Sounds like everyone had a pretty great weekend overall.

Joanne - sending prayers for everyone....the 5yo and your co-workers.

Sherry - I'm so sorry about your house being broken into, I hope you're rebounding alright and not letting the vulnerability get to you :hug :hug :hug

Angela - Sorry your mom is being difficult....jobs are not easy to come by now adays :no Hopefully she'll see that your dh really is trying and doing his best :hug

Hi everyone. Very busy at work again. I guess last weeks quietness was the calm before the storm. I have to work tomorrow and then I'm off until next Monday.

I did read through all the posts, but I'm fighting a cold and my mind is a bit fuzzy. Therefore, I'm just going to say hi for now. Might be back later this evening.

Marisa - glad you had a good weekend, but sorry to hear that your voice is gone :(

Tam - your football beanies are so cute! Love the afghan too.

Judy - glad that Sparkie is doing better.

Joanne - hope your day went well.

Mary - It's still hot here as well--in the high 90's--where is fall????

Well, I got the insurance claim filed today, will wait to see how much they will pay. Will file the police report tonight as well. Still waiting on getting the window replaced--hopefully that will be done tomorrow (since it's supposed to rain on Wednesday through Friday). I'm so ready to have things back to normal. Still cleaning glass out of stuff in the one room. I'm hoping there was no glass in GS afghan (blankie) that I made for him. If there's glass in it, not sure what to do other than throw it away. Any ideas?

Well, I'd better go and get ready to leave from work. Everyone have a great evening!

Marisa ~ We're glad you're back! Your weekend sounds super busy, but fun! Congratulations on having so many patients yesterday. :clap

Cindy ~ Oh, I hope you're not getting a bad cold. :hug Take care - I hope tomorrow is a quieter day at work. :manyheart

Sherry - You deserve lots of hugs for what you're going through. :hug As for the afghan...If you find any glass, chances are there is more that may be caught in stitches. :( Maybe wear some gloves and go over each row with your fingers? I can't think of a way to know for sure. :think

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, I hope the insurance moves quickly to help you. You might wash gs afghan to see if there was any glass in it.

Marisa, Sounds like a fun but busy weekend for you. Sorry you lost your voice.

Val, :clap for getting your finished. Good luck with the move. At least you don't have to do it all in one day.

Cindy, Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your time off.

Judy, Glad Sparkie is doing better. Hope you had a nice lunch.

Mary, Hope all is well with DD. I just talked to Maya and she said there is a boy chasing her around at school. Her Mom told her it must like her. She had to stay all night at daycare last night. Her Mom's new job late shift is 2-11 then she had to be back real early. So it worked better to do that.

Joanne, Hope all your days won't be late all week.

I'm taking my pattern for a rr with me to the hospital, so I can show my sister how to make one. Her GS loves superman and I thought she could make him one for Christmas. She crochets but not often.

Have my stuff packed and the last load of laundry drying.

We had a nice day here in the 70's. Mary and Sherry you can send me some warmer weather. I like fall but I like it warmer.

I'll try and get in here while were gone but if not I'll catch up saturday evening. Hope everyone has a good day the rest of the week.

Hi all,

Just got in a little while ago. We had a 'team building' dinner out tonight at work- it was at a hibachi place and we had a good time.

Marisa- Sounds like you had a good time- and congrats on the patients! Hope that your voice finds you again!

Marlene- Have a good trip and have fun teaching your sis to crochet a RR!

Judy- How'd the beanie lesson go? And your lunch? I also have been thinking of Linda- and Julie- I hope they check in soon!

Mary- How'd your DD's appointment go?

One of the gals at work wants me to teach her to crochet! She bought a hook and I told her I'd bring her in some yarn from home- her fav color is pink and I have a partial skein of RHSS pink that I'll bring in. She'll get her first lesson tomorrow at lunchtime!

Off to watch the Yankees for a bit before calling it a night!

May not get on in the AM since I have an 8AM meeting. So I'll wish everyone a Happy Hump Day now!!

Archived