Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheer:clapYankees are AL East Champsions:cheer:clap

That is all I have time for!!!

Have a great day!:hug

When time is tight...you picked the best thing to start the day with!:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

so, good morning!!

What a Yankee game!!! Now they get time off - and it all starts again on Sunday:lol

I worked on my pony graph square last night. That square is 2/3rds finished. I'm thinking of not edging this one yet...just going on to the next graph design. Get the more fiddly things done first...

The neighborhood baby shower is tonight. It's going to be fun - these get togethrs, for whatever reason, always are!

In fact this neighbrohood is wonderful...the proof, IMO, is the comment by two young boys whose newly divorced dad bought a house down the street a couple of months ago. He gets his boys on weekends and they were here for the block party a month ago. I heard that at the end of the day they were running around, yelling at no one in particular, "I love this neighborhood!":)

..Sort of like Nick Swisher of the Yankees being quoted last year as he walked around the locker room, proclaiming at the top of his voice:"I love being a Yankee!":lol

Have a great day my friends.:hug:manyheart

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning House •¨¯`•

How's everyone doing? I know you all know I've been busy...LOL

Since the boys only go to school 4 days a week... my weekends are great... but short week to get errands done... :)

Tuesday had to run hubby around to get a bunch of HIS errands done. Yesterday ran a couple of my own.

I think I'm going to try and get a manicure today! :D

Gotta run hubby up to the church later tonight ... he's doing a practice run of his speech for Sunday.

Need to finish making the pink football beanies for my boys to wear to tomorrow's football game. They have a home game in October to support Breast Cancer... the admission to the game that night and concessions all go to support Cancer awareness. EVERYONE will show up all dressed in pink. They call it the PINK OUT Game. Our football players will even be wearing pink socks.

I did manage to get a few rows on my blue/brown ripple yesterday... and one pink beanie made.... giving me 3 done.... but I want to use up the yarn and make as many as I can just to have a few extra.

Well... the school hasnt called yet needing me to sub today.... so I might just get to go out and get that manicure... shhhhhhh ;)

Okay... need a coffee refill :mug!!!!!!!!

catch up more later!

Hugs and Prayers to you all my friends!!!

:heart

:mug

Good morning everyone. It'll be a stay at home day for me today. I have lots of cleaning to do. It rained all night here, but it ahs stopped now. We really needed that rain.

My little niece who had heart surgery back in July is doing very poorly. Please pray for her. Her heart function is declining and the doctors don't have much more to offer in terms of treatment.

Val, hope you are getting settled in, and Linda, hope you are feeling stronger every day.

Good morning everyone. It'll be a stay at home day for me today. I have lots of cleaning to do. It rained all night here, but it ahs stopped now. We really needed that rain.

My little niece who had heart surgery back in July is doing very poorly. Please pray for her. Her heart function is declining and the doctors don't have much more to offer in terms of treatment. Oh honey........ praying praying praying!!!! :hug

Val, hope you are getting settled in, and Linda, hope you are feeling stronger every day.

:heart

Good morning ladies :hi

I really have no reason to be here early today, but am feeling sluggish and didn't feel up to working out. Wanted to feel somewhat productive so came in to the office early, but not really doing anything....just being here makes me feel like I'm doing something :lol:shrug

Mary - Did you finish the laundry that was staring you down yesterday?

Cindy - Sending prayers for your niece :hug :hug :hug On a lighter note, I can't wait to see your fingerless gloves.

Joanne - Wow, that was a long drive home, but at least it was followed with your win :wink You sure do have a lot of projects going on :yes

Judy - Oh boy, the baby shower will be such fun. What did you finish to take with you?

Tam - Enjoy your manicure, you deserve it!!! That's great the school has the 'pink game' and donates to cancer awareness :cheer

I'll be in and out through the day

Marisa, my fingerless gloves are nothing special, just functional. However, I will take a picture of them later today or tomorrow. Depends on if the sun comes out today.

Joanne, I forgot to answer your question about the pattern for the fingerless gloves. I did not use one, I just wanted something quick and easy so I just went with rounds of double crochet, increasing and decreasing as necessary to fit my own hands. However, before I decided to do that I found this pattern by Roli, which I really liked and may make someday. There are lots of really nice patterns listed on Ravelry though. This was another one that I looked at, (since it looked like it would be pretty quick), but I when I went to the site, I did not see the pattern, just the finished product for sale. I saw quite few that appealed to me actually, but I won't make another pair until I see how functional they really are for me.

Oh!!, and in other news, I finally finished knitting those slippers!!! I still have to sew them up, but that is only a few mintues work. I just have to make myself do it.

Okay, now I really am going to get to work. (I have whiled away the time since my last visit, mostly looking at Pinterest.)

My little niece who had heart surgery back in July is doing very poorly. Please pray for her. Her heart function is declining and the doctors don't have much more to offer in terms of treatment.

Oh, the poor little thing! She'll be in my thoughts and prayers more than ever. She's gone through so much, as have her parents:hug

:hug:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

I really have no reason to be here early today, but am feeling sluggish and didn't feel up to working out. Wanted to feel somewhat productive so came in to the office early, but not really doing anything....just being here makes me feel like I'm doing something :lol:shrug

good to get on a schedule so when you DO have lots of patients you'll be in a rhythm!

Mary - Did you finish the laundry that was staring you down yesterday?

Cindy - Sending prayers for your niece :hug :hug :hug On a lighter note, I can't wait to see your fingerless gloves.

Joanne - Wow, that was a long drive home, but at least it was followed with your win :wink You sure do have a lot of projects going on :yes

Judy - Oh boy, the baby shower will be such fun. What did you finish to take with you?

Tam - Enjoy your manicure, you deserve it!!! That's great the school has the 'pink game' and donates to cancer awareness :cheer

I'll be in and out through the day

I didn't make anything other than the the 2 baby hats I dropped off at the house where it's going to be held. I don't know her that well, so didnt make anything other than the pink and the blue denim baby hats - I think they'll make her chuckle since she has no idea what she's having. We all contributed cash so we could give her GCs such as one for a mani/pedi, etc. Stuff for HER;)

BBL!

Judy, free Kindle book today, The Confidential tricks of Sheldrake Hymes. It sounds somewhat like a Sherlock Holmes parody. I cannot tell if there is any resemblance between it and the Sherlock Holmes books, and it doesn't have any reviews, but for free, I will give it a try.

Thanks!:D

Hi All, just a quick hello! Our phone line has been out since Monday and I've not been able to access anything on the wireless. It's supposed to be fixed today, so I'll see when I get home.

Cindy, so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers said for you.

Will try to catch up later on tonight!

Here are some of my recently finished projects. Nothing big, but lots of WIP bags freed up!

Here are my fingerless gloves, Tunisian dishcloths and my sunglasses case. If you look, you can see how uneven the edges on the pink dishcloth are. It was my first attempt.

post-6189-135897780738_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897780743_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897780752_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to let everyone know that my little great niece passed away this afternoon. Thanks for your support and prayers.

:hug:hug:hug I'm so sorry!!!!! :hug:hug:hug

:hug:hug:hug:hug Cindy I'm so sorry to hear that your great niece passed away! :hug:hug:hug Prayers for you and the whole family!!!!!

My DD called and told me that my son-in-law's grandpa is in the hospital- and not doing well. He is 87 and really started going downhill when his wife passed away a little over a year ago (or was it closer to two years already :think). He is the father of my SIL's Dad, who has been so good at taking him out a couple of times during the week. All of the family has been really great about doing things with him and visiting with the great grands. It really warms my heart that my DD married into such a wonderful, caring family!!! Hospice will be called in tomorrow when his daughter arrives from NC. At this point, I am praying that he doesn't suffer too much before he is re-united in heaven with his wife.

On a happier note- ALL of your projects are great Cindy! Love the slippers (that match), the fingerless gloves, the dishcloths and glasses case!

Tam- Did you get your manicure? I'm having a pampering day on Saturday- 9 AM cut/color and then at 11 meeting my DD for mani/pedi's together!!!

Sherry- Hope the phone line is fixed--you've sure had a rough go of it lately so here's some :hug

Marisa- I am going to start going back to the gym-- all your talk of working out is getting me motivated to just go do it! I'm still paying the monthly fees (thankfully very low cost) so time to pony up and get my you know what over there. Put my sneakers and some workout clothes in the trunk of my car so there's no excuse!

I'm getting ready to crochet for a bit and then call it a night!

Here are some of my recently finished projects. Nothing big, but lots of WIP bags freed up!

Here are my fingerless gloves, Tunisian dishcloths and my sunglasses case. If you look, you can see how uneven the edges on the pink dishcloth are. It was my first attempt.

And I've got more: baby shoes, baby hat and felt flower pin. (That did not turn out exactly as I envisioned it.)

And finally here are those two pairs of slippers I've been going on and on about. My photography skills aren't the best, but despite what the pictures look like, each pair did turn out to be the same size.

Love... Love ... Love!

you do such beautiful work!!!

Good morning house mates!

TGIF!!!!!!!

Babysitting after work. DD works today and she had asked me if it would be possible for me to relieve her MIL who is watching him today. Of course I can!! Can't think of a better way to end the work week than spending some time with the little guy!!!! :manyheart

Hope you all have a good day!

Archived