Our House Part Two

JulieKay

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Omy..... what a day yesterday.... :sigh

Well.. I did get my manicure which was nice... a little "me" time is good. Stopped at JoAnns to get some yarn that I need for the school color ripples I'm making for the Jr class to raffle for Prom funds.

I dont know what I did to my left knee... but boy does it hurt!

I've been walking the track at the High School while my youngest has football practice. Day before yesterday I walked 4 1/2 miles. My knee didnt hurt then... but the next morning I could hardly walk. Darn old age!!!!

Well.... my boys all have their pink t-shirts on and pink socks. Tonight they will have pink football beanies on that I made and possibly a pink hoodie if its cold. We will be ready for the Pink Out game! :)

Recently one of our dogs dug up a bunny nest... well... if you all know my youngest and my house... we try to rescue baby animals in need. We started out with 4 bunnies... and are down to 1 last one now. This one is doing really well though... I actually have some hope with this little guy. But I have been making tiny little burial bags for each bunny as it passes away. :(

Well yesterday I got a call from a very dear friend who's brother and his girl lost their 17 week baby. Just breaks my heart. They induced labor last night and the little boy was born. My friend called to ask if I would make a tiny baby blanket. Well of course I did... but I got to thinking... I'm really tired of making burial items.

Today I plan on working on my blue/brown ripple'ghan.... thats happy and a good thing. sheesh.

Okay... need more :mug

Then need to get hubby moving.... we may do a little car (Jeep) shopping today.

have a GREAT day everyone! :hug

:heart

:mug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

morning, peeps!

Cindy - great work - and yay for FOs!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Joanne, I know it's going to be such a hardship spending time with Ryan:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Enjoy:c9

The baby shower was so sweet last night! She loved the little hats (thanks again for the pattern, Mary!). We gave her some baby stuff, like books, and stuff for her, too! She was most excited about the GC for a mani/pedi since she can't reach her toes at this point:lol:lol

Off I go - have a good day, my friends:hug:manyheart

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Omy..... what a day yesterday.... :sigh

Well.. I did get my manicure which was nice... a little "me" time is good. Stopped at JoAnns to get some yarn that I need for the school color ripples I'm making for the Jr class to raffle for Prom funds.

I dont know what I did to my left knee... but boy does it hurt!

I've been walking the track at the High School while my youngest has football practice. Day before yesterday I walked 4 1/2 miles. My knee didnt hurt then... but the next morning I could hardly walk. Darn old age!!!!I saw where you greatly increased your walking in a short period of time...not a good thing to do, as you found out. I hope it's just hurting from overuse. Best not to do anything for a while now - Marisa may have some helpful advice to speed the healing.....:hug:manyheart

Recently one of our dogs dug up a bunny nest... well... if you all know my youngest and my house... we try to rescue baby animals in need. We started out with 4 bunnies... and are down to 1 last one now. This one is doing really well though... I actually have some hope with this little guy. But I have been making tiny little barrial bags for each bunny as it passes away. :(

Well yesterday I got a call from a very dear friend who's brother and his girl lost their 17 week baby. Just breaks my heart. They induced labor last night and the little boy was born. My friend called to ask if I would make a tiny baby blanket. Well of course I did... but I got to thinking... I'm really tired of making barrial items. I know what you mean - I made some burial gowns for stillborn babies quite a while back and had to stop doing it...:(

Today I plan on working on my blue/brown ripple'ghan.... thats happy and a good thing. sheesh.

Okay... need more :mug

Then need to get hubby moving.... we may do a little car (Jeep) shopping today.

have a GREAT day everyone! :hug

:heart

:mug

Good luck Jeep shopping~

Good morning ladies :hi

Since I didn't go to the gym yesterday, I worked out here before leaving. Ran to the market for some ground beef and made stuffed peppers last night, which were so yummy :drool I had picked up the peppers previously as they were sitting there yelling out to me that they wanted to be stuffed :lol I got a couple rounds of my mystery square for this week done, but still haven't finished even 1 of the 2 :eek and the new clue should come today :think

Cindy - All of your projects are gorgeous :manyheart Looks like you're doing good with the tunisian :yes

Joanne - Glad I can :kick for the gym :lol Do you still walk at lunch? I know your schedule is just insanely crazy :eek Have fun with Ryan tonight. Saying prayers for sil's family and that he doesn't suffer much :hug

Tam - Glad you got your mani yesterday :clap I hope your last bunny makes it :xfin Sorry to hear about your friends baby :hug :hug Sending prayers for them :hug Have fun Jeep shopping. Oh my, that doesn't sound too good about your left knee :( Does it seem to work out as the day goes on? Does there appear to be inflammation? Does the pain shoot up or down the leg? Is the pain worse with any particular motion and/or position and/or weight bearing? Is it more achy/sharp/stabbing/tingling/sore/throbbing? So many questions :lol:shrug

Judy - So glad to hear that the shower went well :clap:yay And I bet mom to be was super excited with the GC's for her :manyheart

'Morning, House. :) I missed you all yesterday, but I have a long list of things to get done before Zachary arrives and cold weather gets here. Since we'll have Luke more for a while, I want to be prepared. :lol

Cindy ~ I am so sorry about your great niece. :hug She was so young and went through so much. Sending hugs and prayers to your whole family. :hug

I loved seeing all of your beautiful work! The project rotation seems to be working! :wink

Judy ~ Oh, the baby shower sounds so nice. :c9 DD has a manicure and pedicure scheduled for next week...mom's-to-be need pampering! :)

Tammy ~ I hope your knee feels better soon. :manyheart

Off to my yard - we're supposed to have cold rain this weekend and my perennials and herbs need pruning before the leaves bury them.

Good morning. I'm busy practicing my Tunisian in the round. Its isn't really difficult, but I've had some issues. I'm on my third try at the moment. I'm sure I will get it eventually.

Its a lovely day here, although cool. No rain in our forecast. I'll be doing a bit of clean-up in the perrenial beds today.

I think I mentioned to you that I have a family of patients and the twin girls are enrolled at the Pittsburgh Balley Company for classes. They are from Long Island so the mother stays here and the father comes in every other weekend. They brought me some bagels and bialys :yay:cheer She asked my on Tuesday if I would like anything from out there and suggested bagels asking which kind I like. So I said I like everything bagels and quickly switched and asked for bialys. Typically I wouldn't ask for anything, but you can't get bialys just anywhere :eek I have a mix for a total of 15!!! I'm going to put a couple of each in my fridge here and take them home. We'll have people over eating before we tailgate on Sunday. But it's just too many for me alone. :lol

As for tailgating this weekend......this game is Eages vs Steelers and is here!!! :eek Oh boy, I won't hear the end of it when I don't have my Hines Ward jersey on this weekend for this game :lol Luckily for me this game only comes around once every few years and it's also the only game in which I WON'T be rooting for the Steelers :devil

Mary - Have fun with your gardening.

Cindy - Are you taking this weeks class too for the tunisian? I would like to but just have too much going on, so hope to next time around.

Hi Marisa, yes. I'm taking this weeks class too. I've already practiced for a couple of hours and feel pretty comfortable with the technique. So far only a practice video is posted, the actual project will be posted in a few days when everyone has had time to practice the technique. We are using two colors and worked flat they would make really attractive afghan squares.

How nice of your patient to bring you goodies.

I have worked out a new WIP rotation since I finally finished a few. (I am very tempted to start a few new things too....) I found a baby blanket that is nearly finished, 4 or 5 more rounds ought to do it, although each round takes a long time. I also have a Nifty Knitter shawl that is more than half finished, so I will add those two in, along with the log cabin afghan and DD's scarf. I should really throw in an embroidery or cross stitch project as well, but I think I'll wait until I have another finish. I wonder if I will ever get all my projects finished?

Hello!! I am now back in my apartment! Today is the first day back and it feels soooo good. Sweet Pea is happy, too. Rosie and Carol have been helping get it all straightened up this week and got things more organized.

On Monday on my way back to Carol's house I was in an accident. It had been raining for 24 hours and when I hit the brakes nothing happened and I rearended another car. I stiff and sore and somewhat bruised but it could have been much, much worse. The car is totalled, but I'm getting more for it than I expected which will help when I go looking for a replacement. One of Rosie's sons-in-law is going to help me as he knows where to look on the internet and is sending me a link with some possibilities. I'm in a rental for a week while looking.

So I forgot last week (what else is new :lol )

I tested a change purse for a fellow viller Hui Lian and the pattern is called Round Relief Flower Coin Purse....I don't think she has it quite finalized yet and am not sure if it's available yet. It called for thread but I didn't have any. So, I used some left over Steeler sock yarn for the flower part and I had some sport weight black I used for the body and got a wonderful little surprise gift for Steph.....and might I add, she was super excited :bounce

Oh, and I had her change on me from the bread store....so I put it in there :lol Well, I've always been told it's back luck to give a wallet item as a gift with nothing in it.....I just wonder if it makes a difference that it was already hers that I put in it :devil:rofl

So with Hui Lian's permission, I share my finished product with you.....

That's a lovely looking coin purse. :clap

Just wanted to let everyone know that my little great niece passed away this afternoon. Thanks for your support and prayers.

I'm so very sorry. Praying for you and her family. :hug

Here are some of my recently finished projects. Nothing big, but lots of WIP bags freed up!

Here are my fingerless gloves, Tunisian dishcloths and my sunglasses case. If you look, you can see how uneven the edges on the pink dishcloth are. It was my first attempt.

Very nice. :clap

And I've got more: baby shoes, baby hat and felt flower pin. (That did not turn out exactly as I envisioned it.)

Wow! :cheer

And finally here are those two pairs of slippers I've been going on and on about. My photography skills aren't the best, but despite what the pictures look like, each pair did turn out to be the same size.

Super nice slippers! :clap

Good morning house mates!

TGIF!!!!!!!

Babysitting after work. DD works today and she had asked me if it would be possible for me to relieve her MIL who is watching him today. Of course I can!! Can't think of a better way to end the work week than spending some time with the little guy!!!! :manyheart

Hope you all have a good day!

Have a good time baby-sitting. :manyheart

Oh, Linda....I'm so glad you're OK! We need to wrap you in cotton batting, I think:hug:hug:manyheart

It has to feel fantastic being back in your apartment. Please take care of YOU now. I know you're out of practice, but baby steps.:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Have a good night everyone.:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Ryan is asleep and we had fun while he was awake!! :)

Linda- So happy you are back in your apartment- and so glad that you are ok after the car accident. Hopefully now things will get somewhat back to normal for you...I chuckled when i read Judy's post about wrapping yourself in some batting! Might not be a bad idea!:lol

Cindy- I'm glad you are enjoying the Tunisian!! The project rotation thing is a great idea- in fact, I'm employing it now- I have a QA lace scarf to finish, the sunny spread, the knitting, and our dept is having our annual bake sale/craft sale for charity- so I want to make some hats and scarves to sell

Marisa- Have a blast at the football game!! Funny how you are an Eagles fan in the sea of the Terrible Towels and black and gold this weekend, but every other game you are part of the Steeler crowd. Not sure who I'm rooting for- probably the Steelers- since the Eagles beat my Giants last weekend!:lol

Mary- Hope you got what you had to get done finished. The weather was warm today- but temps supposed to fall over the weekend. And some rain in the forecast as well.

I have to get my car checked out- the heater is only working on the passenger side- it has dual zone heat- and of course the side that isn't working is the side I need it to work on. Also debating whether it's time to replace the car--I'm itching to , but I do like not having a car payment. I won't have time to check it out this weekend. I may just have to take off a day of work to get it taken care of. Isn't that a shame? :lol

I'm going to watch the Orioles/TX game now--gotta see who wins the WildCard since whoever that is will be playing the Yankees Sunday when the playoffs start.

May not be in in the AM since I have to do some cleaning before heading out for hair cut and color--which is desperately overdue!!!

Good morning. I am supposed to work today, but I got to be on call, so at the moment I am at home. (hoping the phone doesn't ring!:lol) Actually I don;t really mind getting called in, it's just nice to relax a bit before starting the hustle and bustle of the day. I was ready for work when they called, so I just stayed up and finished two more of my many WIPS. The baby blanket and the Nifty Knitter shawl are finished, I'll have to look for some more WIPs to add into my rotation.

Linda, I'm glad you are home and sorry about the accident. Hope you find an affordable "new" vehicle. Remember to take care of yourself.

Since I was planning to work, I don't have any plans for today! We went out last night, and are going out tonight and then I am scheduled to work again tomorrow. We also have plans tomorrow evening. I'll be tired by Monday for sure. Ordinarily our weekends are not so busy, everything just happened to fall on this weekend.

Good morning. I am supposed to work today, but I got to be on call, so at the moment I am at home. (hoping the phone doesn't ring!:lol) Actually I don;t really mind getting called in, it's just nice to relax a bit before starting the hustle and bustle of the day. I was ready for work when they called, so I just stayed up and finished two more of my many WIPS. The baby blanket and the Nifty Knitter shawl are finished, I'll have to look for some more WIPs to add into my rotation.

A nice and productive start to your day!!:clap

Since I was planning to work, I don't have any plans for today! We went out last night, and are going out tonight and then I am scheduled to work again tomorrow. We also have plans tomorrow evening. I'll be tired by Monday for sure. Ordinarily our weekends are not so busy, everything just happened to fall on this weekend.

The "all or nothing" principle is what we face lots of times, too.

I hope you get to stay home today so you're rested up for tomorrow!

'morning, I forgot to say that:blush

Been a nice morning for the wildlife in my yard already!

The birdbath was visited by our local robin population and before I could grab my camera to catch the sight, I saw a bright red cardinal and gorgeous bluejay hopping around not 5 feet from each other! a true feast for the eyes.

The chipmunks and squirrels are running all over the place and we've already been visited by a flock of grackles (smaller member of the crow/blackbird family). Our yard is so "rough" I guess the critters love it:lol

Here are the grackles

post-8552-135897781163_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897781166_thumb.jpg

DH had to go out for work this AM, but later on we'll head out for our Saturday lunch/dinner. I also need to pick up a chuck roast to make pot roast tomorrow. It's supposed to be maybe 60 tomorrow, so it's time to get out the Fall recipes:D

Time to get myself together...have a great day, my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, last night I got out later than I wanted and then my car started heading home, but I had to go to the bank first so I had to turn around. Got home and changed, Steph and I ran to the Greek food festival to grab dinner to take home. This morning was a rough start....when my alarm went off I spilled the glass of water on my night table (which happens to be a super old sewing machine, the kind that folds down into the table). Went all over my nook and ipad, dripping down the sides, a puddle in the bottom of the little pull out drawer in the front :eek So considering I wasn't quite awake and a little discombobulated, I was confused as to what was happening but jumped up and got my wits about me to start cleaning it up. Realized the alarm was still going and I couldn't get it to stop :eek First focused on the ipad and nook, which seems fine since they were both in cases. It was mostly just some water on the front, but none seeped into the back :whew (so it could've been worse) then I continued to clean up the table and unplugged everything. Let's just say that back in the days of that sewing machine, they didn't make that wood to 'resist' water very well so now it's started to slight bubble up :( Oh well, nothing I can do about it now :shrug

I hope this isn't the precedent for my entire day so I'm going back home to stay in bed :yes

Linda - So glad to hear that you are back home and are ok after the accident. :hug :hug Be careful and take care of yourself, I agree with Judy too about the batting :lol:wink

So, my mom has been sick for a few weeks now and we (me & Steph) made her go to the hospital last night and she was at the point where she even wanted to go :eek She'll be fine, they did some tests and nothing major showed up. Her bloodwork was off but we expected that due to what's been going on and she was severly dehydrated so they have her on a drip and as of now are planning on keeping her for a couple days. Meanwhile she has been to her doctor's office a few times and they've tested her stools for various parasites, all of which are negative. My sister said c diff right at the start of this mess and the pcp ruled that out first since my mom had just finished an antibiotic she had to take for a root canal (because she had a knee replacement a few years ago so has to take antibiotics ahead of time for any kind of work). Now they're treating her in the hosp with an antibiotic for c diff even though that test was negative. Let's just say that her pcp's office isn't going to know what hit them if that's what it is since Steph told her 2 weeks ago when she was here that she needed to be tested for it. And just the fact that her doctor's office seemed unconcerned with the fact that my mother has about a 5 minute window between eating and needing a toilet....severe impact of ADL's. In the last 2 days got to the point of gagging and nausea with any type of eating or drinking. When I talked to her yesterday she sounded horrible and I hung up and emailed Steph that she needs to do something. My mom just sounded tired and drained and I could hear the frustration in her voice and on the verge of tears to accompany it. And I agree, after being in and out of the dr's for 3 weeks and just getting worse :think So of course we already knew she was dehydrated since she couldn't keep anythink in her system long enough to even be absorbed so we said at the very least she'd get the drip for that. Now she has a history of intestinal issues, and now the cholitis is inflammed and :blah :blah :blah Anyways, she is now on the road to recovery and hopefully an answer. OK, that was super long....but I'm less worried today than I was yesterday :yes

Judy - The pics you captured are beautiful :manyheart

Joanne - If I were you, I'd root for the Steelers just because the Eagles and Giants are in the same division. I wouldn't hold it against you :rofl Enjoy your hair cut and color today....some pampering is needed.

Cindy - You are flying through your WIP's with your rotation plan :clap:yay:cheer

Good Morning! It's only 44* and windy and feels wonderful! Gracie is beside herself with the cooler temps. :)

Linda ~ Hi! I'm so glad you're back in your home with Sweet Pea! :manyheart Thankfully, the accident wasn't worse - I hope you find a new car soon. I'm so happy that you're back at Our House again. :cheer

Marisa ~ Your poor mom must be so ready to feel good again. :hug I hope they find the cause and can treat it quickly - but at least she's getting good care at the hospital now. Sorry for the rough start to your morning. :hug

Cindy ~ Good for you for taking the second tunisian class! I hope you get to stay home today!

Joanne ~ I'm glad you got to play with Ryan before his bed time! :c9 Have a wonderful day getting pampered!

Judy ~ I love your yard! It's so natural and a perfect place for creatures to enjoy. We're starting to lose a lot of the grass in the back because of the shade, so will go with ground cover next spring. Now, if we could just "uninvite" the 'possums! :lol

HI to the rest of the House, too!

Well, the Rangers continued with their meltdown last night...so no more baseball this year! We will have the TCU game on this afternoon and the Texas game on tonight, though. :D

Marisa, I'm so glad your mom is finally getting proper care! that's scary!! I always question doctors now...too many "iffy" experiences. You're a good daughter:hug

I hope she gets back to feeling like her old self very soon.

...and your spill this AM - is the reason I keep a capped bottle of water on my nightstand:lol Glad it wasn't worse!

Good Morning! It's only 44* and windy and feels wonderful! Gracie is beside herself with the cooler temps. :)

That's what's heading our way tonight:D:D:D:D:D:D

Judy ~ I love your yard! It's so natural and a perfect place for creatures to enjoy. We're starting to lose a lot of the grass in the back because of the shade, so will go with ground cover next spring. Now, if we could just "uninvite" the 'possums! :lol

I wish we could do groundcover - we have so much shade! The dogs love to run in the yard...maybe we'll check with a nursery next year and see what can be done:think

HI to the rest of the House, too!

Well, the Rangers continued with their meltdown last night...so no more baseball this year! We will have the TCU game on this afternoon and the Texas game on tonight, though. :D

Poor Rangers. I felt badly for them...the playoff system this year is very unfair - and has been for years! They have to rethink a lot of things.

Yankees play Baltimore tomorrow:D

No call from work yet...although I called to see how it was going and they said it was crazy busy, but they didn't need me yet. So I'm sort of expecting them to call me in eventually.

Marisa, hope they get to the bottom of your mom's problem. C. diff testing is actually quite accurate, but like every test, it does have false negatives. I've heard that its more likely to have false positives, although I've never actually researched it. The urgency after eating sounds like it could be something viral or digestive as well though. It definitely needs to be worked up.

Regarding ground cover, I,live in zone 5 and several years ago, I bought a porch planter that contained Lamium, among other things. At the end of the season, I tossed the contents of the planter into the woods, and guess what was thriving and blooming the next spring? You guessed it, the Lamium. Mine looks like the link, but gets pale yellow flowers, rather than white. It can also have purple and pink flowers. I live in Zone 5, so it would probably work for you, Judy. I'm not so sure about Mary. However, I believe it is considered invasive in some areas, so check that out if first if you decide to try it. It spreads fairly quickly, but not so fast that I can't keep it under control. The other thing I like it for is that I can dig up pieces of it to put in planters, and it thrives there as well.

Judy ~ Yes, two GSDs are a whole lot harder on yards than one 16# Cairn! ;) Shannon and Simon (our two Irish Setters) just loved to dig big holes and nap in them. :lol

Cindy ~ The groundcover is gorgeous! Our summers may be way to hot for it, but I'd love it in pots or baskets. :)

Time to get busy. I slept in for once (7:45 - late for me anyway :lol) and it sure was nice!

Good morning. I'm achey this morning, but should be better once the pain pills kick in. It's good to be home amidst my own things and internet access whenever I want it. I just skimmed the posts since last time, there were too many to read through all of them. Sweet Pea woke me up at 8:00 which I didn't appreciate, but she did go out and do her duty so I guess I won't complain too much. I am going to have to get rid of more stuff to fit everything in, but at least I can do it at my leisure.

'morning, I forgot to say that:blush

Been a nice morning for the wildlife in my yard already!

The birdbath was visited by our local robin population and before I could grab my camera to catch the sight, I saw a bright red cardinal and gorgeous bluejay hopping around not 5 feet from each other! a true feast for the eyes.

The chipmunks and squirrels are running all over the place and we've already been visited by a flock of grackles (smaller member of the crow/blackbird family). Our yard is so "rough" I guess the critters love it:lol

Here are the grackles

Beautiful pictures.

No call from work yet...although I called to see how it was going and they said it was crazy busy, but they didn't need me yet. So I'm sort of expecting them to call me in eventually.

Hopefully you can have the day for relaxing.

Regarding ground cover, I,live in zone 5 and several years ago, I bought a porch planter that contained Lamium, among other things. At the end of the season, I tossed the contents of the planter into the woods, and guess what was thriving and blooming the next spring? You guessed it, the Lamium. Mine looks like the link, but gets pale yellow flowers, rather than white. It can also have purple and pink flowers. I live in Zone 5, so it would probably work for you Judy. I'm not so sure about Mary. However, I believed it is considered invasive in some areas, so check that out if first if you decide to try it. It spreads fairly quickly, but not so fast that I can't keep it under control. The other thing I like it for is that I can dig up pieces of it to put in planters, and it thrives there as well.

The Lamium is very pretty.

Marisa, hope they get to the bottom of your mom's problem. C. diff testing is actually quite accurate, but like every test, it does have false negatives. I've heard that its more likely to have false positives, although I've never actually researched it. The urgency after eating sounds like it could be something viral or digestive as well though. It definitely needs to be worked up.

Regarding ground cover, I,live in zone 5 and several years ago, I bought a porch planter that contained Lamium, among other things. At the end of the season, I tossed the contents of the planter into the woods, and guess what was thriving and blooming the next spring? You guessed it, the Lamium. Mine looks like the link, but gets pale yellow flowers, rather than white. It can also have purple and pink flowers. I live in Zone 5, so it would probably work for you, Judy. I'm not so sure about Mary. However, I believe it is considered invasive in some areas, so check that out if first if you decide to try it. It spreads fairly quickly, but not so fast that I can't keep it under control. The other thing I like it for is that I can dig up pieces of it to put in planters, and it thrives there as well.

Prett pics!

And I love that idea! I'll be broaching it to DH as next Spring approaches:D

Good afternoon!!! We bought a new computer last night and I just got it set up! Yea!!! will have to catch up later on, I still have some things I need to get done on the set up.

Good afternoon!!! We bought a new computer last night and I just got it set up! Yea!!! will have to catch up later on, I still have some things I need to get done on the set up.

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Archived