Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't called into work, so I had time to take and upload more pictures.

Here are: the blanket I made from those granny squares I found in a bag of yarn. Not sure what I originally intended to do with them.

Also the Knifty Knitter shawl made out of Homespun, (it's nice and soft, but I can't say that I particularly like that yarn!) and a premie round ripple that I found in a bag in my yarn cabinet, along with another 15 inch square premie blanket. I suspect I was just using up leftover yarn when I made them.

Please ignore the leaves all over the grass. We live in the woods. Judy, you may think your yard is rough, but it is pristine compared to ours!

post-6189-135897781173_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897781176_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897781178_thumb.jpg

Good morning. I'm achey this morning, but should be better once the pain pills kick in. It's good to be home amidst my own things and internet access whenever I want it. I just skimmed the posts since last time, there were too many to read through all of them. Sweet Pea woke me up at 8:00 which I didn't appreciate, but she did go out and do her duty so I guess I won't complain too much. I am going to have to get rid of more stuff to fit everything in, but at least I can do it at my leisure.

Yes! Now you can be on your schedule again! Have you been able to do any crocheting? :crocheting

Cindy ~ Wonderful pictures! I really like the color you used for the scarf! How many more closets and hiding places do you have? :wink:lol

Sherry ~ Oh, good for you! You must be so excited to have a computer again! :clap

Cindy ~ Wonderful pictures! I really like the color you used for the scarf! How many more closets and hiding places do you have? :wink:lol

Probably more than I know! There are three of us living in this 4 bedroom house, and this house has at least 11 closets, not counting all the cabinets in my sewing room.

Good afternoon!!! We bought a new computer last night and I just got it set up! Yea!!! will have to catch up later on, I still have some things I need to get done on the set up.

Hooray! :cheer:clap:yay:manyheart:yay:clap:cheer

Here are: the blanket I made from those granny squares I found in a bag of yarn. Not sure what I originally intended to do with them.

Also the Knifty Knitter shawl made out of Homespun, (it's nice and soft, but I can't say that I particularly like that yarn!) and a premie round ripple that I found in a bag in my yarn cabinet, along with another 15 inch square premie blanket. I suspect I was just using up leftover yarn when I made them.

Please ignore the leaves all over the grass. We live in the woods. Judy, you may think your yard is rough, but it is pristine compared to ours!

I find that I have the best luck with Homespun yarn when I'm using a P hook.

And here is my Christmas Lace scarf in progress. I've made a few mistakes here and there, which I have chosen to ignore on the grounds that it gives the scarf character.:lol Its an easy lace knitting project.

It looks great to me. :cheer

Linda so glad you were not seriously injured! Good luck on finding a new car.

Cindy - what beautiful projects you finished!

Joanne - hope you've had a good Saturday!

DH and I had to go to the church where I work and have our picture made for the directory--decided not to put our picture in the member part since we don't attend there. I had to have a separate pic made of me for the directory. Wasn't real pleased with it but it will do. I only ordered 1 sheet of 4 3x5's. It was sooo expensive, I just couldn't do any more than that.

I'm still working on getting things set up on the new computer. It's so nice and fast! So far I really like it.

Well, OU is on, so I'd better go and watch the game! Have a great Saturday everyone!

Great projects!! :clap

You also have an artistic sense on how to drape things for pics...I noticed that a long time ago, while looking through your blog

And here is my Christmas Lace scarf in progress. I've made a few mistakes here and there, which I have chosen to ignore on the grounds that it gives the scarf character.:lol Its an easy lace knitting project.

No one knows but you...what mistakes? I don't see any:D

Have a good night everyone:hug

Hi how is everyone doing today?

Gardener your afghans are beautiful! How did you do the one with the granny squares?

How big are the granny squares?

Good morning!

Cindy- Your projects are gorgeous- and your rotation system seems to be working since you are finishing up so many projects!:clap

Marisa- Praying for your Mom! :hug

Linda- Healing thoughts- and hope you can find a car soon. I'm so glad that the only thing 'totaled' was your car:hug:hug

Judy- Love the pics of your "nature preserve" in the backyard!:)

Had a good day of pampering, and enjoyed the mani/pedi with my DD.:manyheart We then went to her house to watch the Rutgers game. And they won!! They are now 5-0 :clap

My SIL's grandpa had been in the hospital- and my SIL was there till 4AM on Sat morning -sadly he passed away early yesterday afternoon- but he lived a good life and was 87. My thought is that he wanted to go join his wife who passed away in March. I'm glad he didn't linger on too long and is now at peace.

I got up early this morning to try and catch up on things that need to get done,before the Giants game which is on at 1. Since it's rather chilly out, I decided to start a pair of fingerless gloves to match a scarf I had made. So, one mitt done, and time to start the other- but first, I think its time to eat breakfast and move the clothes from the washer to the dryer.

Hope you ALL have a good day today!:hug

Good morning, peeps!

Nice and brisk out there today :D

Gardener your afghans are beautiful! How did you do the one with the granny squares?

Hi, there!

Good morning!

Thanks:) We love it - except that the summers are rough with the mosquitos (aka, the NJ State bird):lol

Had a good day of pampering, and enjoyed the mani/pedi with my DD.:manyheart We then went to her house to watch the Rutgers game. And they won!! They are now 5-0 :clap

I saw that! Amazing!!!!:cheer

My SIL's grandpa had been in the hospital- and my SIL was there till 4AM on Sat morning -sadly he passed away early yesterday afternoon- but he lived a good life and was 87. My thought is that he wanted to go join his wife who passed away in March. I'm glad he didn't linger on too long and is now at peace.

Not lingering was such a blessing for him, though I know he'll be missed. I just can't figure out why some sweet people have to go through so much before the Lord does take them and others don't. Yet another mystery of life.....

I got up early this morning to try and catch up on things that need to get done,before the Giants game which is on at 1. Since it's rather chilly out, I decided to start a pair of fingerless gloves to match a scarf I had made. So, one mitt done, and time to start the other- but first, I think its time to eat breakfast and move the clothes from the washer to the dryer.

Good luck with the mitts! I have a pair and love them - wearing them well into the cold weather.

Enjoy the game - we're lucky the Yankee game is on when it is! 6:07 PM first pitch:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Later gators!

Hi everyone. :) It's in the 40's, cloudy and windy - time for a fire!

Joanne ~ Your day with DD sounds so nice. I'm very sorry about your SIL's grandpa. :hug

owlvamp ~ Hi!

Judy ~ I've been thinking about pot roast ever since you mentioned cooking one today. :lol

Well, the Rangers, TCU and Texas all lost this weekend. :ohdear Luke and Line-line (aka Caroline) didn't mind, though. Luke's other grandpa has an indoor-outdoor suite at the TCU stadium, so they played and ate chicken nuggets during the game. :lol

post-10699-135897781269_thumb.jpg

Good morning! SweetPea let me sleep until I woke up on my own this morning. :clap Then I took her out and she did her duty. We're starting to get into a routine again. I really have to watch how much I do though. I did get two boxes emptied yesterday and hung more pictures.

Hello, owlvamp.

Good morning!

Cindy- Your projects are gorgeous- and your rotation system seems to be working since you are finishing up so many projects!:clap

Marisa- Praying for your Mom! :hug

Linda- Healing thoughts- and hope you can find a car soon. I'm so glad that the only thing 'totaled' was your car:hug:hug

You and me, too.

Hot diggity dog! :cheer

Praying for SIL and all the family. :hug

What pattern are you using for your fingerless gloves? I gave up on the ones I tried.

Well, the Rangers, TCU and Texas all lost this weekend. :ohdear Luke and Line-line (aka Caroline) didn't mind, though. Luke's other grandpa has an indoor-outdoor suite at the TCU stadium, so they played and ate chicken nuggets during the game. :lol

What a great picture of the kids! :D

Have a great Sunday. The Forsyth County Country Fair started Thursday. I was going to go, but think that would be really pushing it, so will give it a pass this year. It's just down the street from the apartment, but the only sounds you hear inside the apartment are when one of the old machines lets out a whistle a couple of times a day. You can hear some muted sounds if you are outside, but that's it. Not bad at all. And it's only for 10 days. The traffic in front of the apartment complex is nasty, but the street I'm on is fine so no problems there either. The fair focuses on the past of the area which is very special. There is an Indian village showing how they lived and presentations about the tribes that lived here and how they interacted with each other and the whites that moved in. There's a thrashing machine (I think that's the one that whistles.) There's a small cabin dedicated to quilting. There are recreations of the early churches and homes and so much more. There are rides, but not a lot. There are some food vendors, but, again, not a lot. It really focuses on the past of the area which is so special.

Have a wonderful Sunday. :manyheart

Judy ~ I've been thinking about pot roast ever since you mentioned cooking one today. :lol

:D:D:D:D:D I'm just about ready to start searing the meat for it.

It's my MIL's recipe, so it's always a bittersweet time when I cook it, but also like we're honoring her memory. I still have the recipe (and others) that she handwrote. My mom's recipes, too.

Aw, a bad day for fans....but a good day for Luke and his friend:c9

Joanne ~ Your day with DD sounds so nice. I'm very sorry about your SIL's grandpa. :hug

owlvamp ~ Hi!

Sorry the teams lost- but how fun to have an indoor-outdoor suite to watch the game from! Love the pic of Luke and Caroline- so precious!!!

Good morning, peeps!

Nice and brisk out there today :D

Raining now :( But really it's ok, since the day will be spent inside watching football and baseball!:clap

Hi, there!

Good luck with the mitts! I have a pair and love them - wearing them well into the cold weather.

Enjoy the game - we're lucky the Yankee game is on when it is! 6:07 PM first pitch:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Later gators!

I have 2 pair and had some of the ILTY left so figured I'd make another pair with the left over to match the scarf. I love them too~~:)

Good morning! SweetPea let me sleep until I woke up on my own this morning. :clap Then I took her out and she did her duty. We're starting to get into a routine again. I really have to watch how much I do though. I did get two boxes emptied yesterday and hung more pictures. Take it easy!!! I think 2 boxes and some picture hanging is good- and enough for a day- slow and steady wins the race!;)

Have a great Sunday. The Forsyth County Country Fair started Thursday. I was going to go, but think that would be really pushing it, so will give it a pass this year. It's just down the street from the apartment, but the only sounds you hear inside the apartment are when one of the old machines lets out a whistle a couple of times a day. You can hear some muted sounds if you are outside, but that's it. Not bad at all. And it's only for 10 days. The traffic in front of the apartment complex is nasty, but the street I'm on is fine so no problems there either. The fair focuses on the past of the area which is very special. There is an Indian village showing how they lived and presentations about the tribes that lived here and how they interacted with each other and the whites that moved in. There's a thrashing machine (I think that's the one that whistles.) There's a small cabin dedicated to quilting. There are recreations of the early churches and homes and so much more. There are rides, but not a lot. There are some food vendors, but, again, not a lot. It really focuses on the past of the area which is so special.

Have a wonderful Sunday. :manyheart

The County Fair sounds great- and very interesting!!! Glad you decided to not to push it- and plan on going next year

Linda- the pattern for the fingerless gloves I'm making are here: http://skyesimagesoflife.blogspot.com/2011/03/fingerless-gloves.html

I add one additional row of HDC at the end.

I was going good with the cleaning and then decided it was time to tackle the mess that is my family room- with overrun yarn- I had bought two totes a couple of weeks ago so I organized the yarn and found so many scraps---some so small I have to wonder what was I saving them for:think I boxed it up and am going to give it to my DD who can use the scraps for the art classes where she is student teaching grades K-8 this semester. She also volunteers with several art programs for kids where she lives. She said the yarn scraps will be put to good use.

I still have some bins to go through out in the garage- but I'm just glad to have gotten done what I did.

Judy and Mary- Enjoy your pot roast!! Perfect day for it!!! I never did make it to the grocery store this morning since I got carried away with the yarn organizing! So I decided to make meatloaf and baked potatoes and whatever veggie DH is in the mood for.

Dryer just went off with the last load of clothes so off I go!!!

Finished the other fingerless glove and took pics at half time of the gloves and scarf

Ok, back to the game! Let's Go Giants!!!! It wasn't looking good in the 1st quarter- but they went into halftime winning---let's hope they keep it this way!:clap:clap

DH was disgusted with the game since they were losing, so he offered to take the list and go to the grocery store. :) He got home right before half time-which was perfect timing to put things away quickly

I told him maybe it would be a good idea if he didn't watch the game since they did ok when he was the store!! :lol:lol

post-27163-135897781293_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897781297_thumb.jpg

Joanne, you should send DH to the store more often:lol Giants did great after mailing it in for the first quarter!

I like your scarf and the mitts - and thanks for the pattern! Nice colors, btw!

Joanne, you should send DH to the store more often:lol Giants did great after mailing it in for the first quarter!

I like your scarf and the mitts - and thanks for the pattern! Nice colors, btw!

I agree---I told him, when the Giants play- he needs to leave the house:lol:lol Although, honestly he did watch the 4th quarter--felt it was safe then with the lead they had!

Marisa- I see the Steelers won! I know you wanted your Eagles to win, but you WERE @ Heinz Field after all!:lol===Terrible Towel Territory!!!

I started another pair of Fingerless gloves in a neutral beige--with Paton's Decor that I found in my stash while I was organizing. Now to finish the 2nd glove!!

Better start dinner --which has been changed to spaghetti and meatballs per DH's request. Since he went to the grocery store, who am I to say no?

Have a good night everyone---and GO YANKEES!!!:cheer

Finished the other fingerless glove and took pics at half time of the gloves and scarf

Ok, back to the game! Let's Go Giants!!!! It wasn't looking good in the 1st quarter- but they went into halftime winning---let's hope they keep it this way!:clap:clap

DH was disgusted with the game since they were losing, so he offered to take the list and go to the grocery store. :) He got home right before half time-which was perfect timing to put things away quickly

I told him maybe it would be a good idea if he didn't watch the game since they did ok when he was the store!! :lol:lol

If sending him to the store guarantees a win, go for it!

Thanks for the pattern. I'm going to try it out.

Just got back from the Prayer Shawl Ministry Party. We had sent out 200 prayer squares/shawls the first year, and were over 300 this year. I'm impressed! :eek Didn't realize it was anywhere near that many. I'm tired so am going to rest the rest of today.

Thanks. The granny squares are approximately 8 inches. I just sewed 4 squares together and then did rounds of solid DC around the sewn together squares. On the first round I made sure that each side had the same number of stitches and after that it was smooth sailing.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, So sorry to read about the passing of your great niece. Lots of prayers for you whole family. You have been busy finishing up your wip projects. All your projects are looking great!

Linda, Sorry you had a car accident. Glad you weren't hurt to much. Cars can be replaced but you can't. So nice to see you back posting again. We have missed you! Your fair sounds really interesting. Take it easy and slow.

Sherry, Glad you got a new computer.

Judy, Love pics of your backyard. Pot roast sounds yummy. It was spaghetti here today. Sad to say not homemade either.

Marisa, Prayers for your Mom. I hope she is feeling better quickly. Hope the water spill didn't due to much damage. Hope the rest of your day went better.

Mary, Luke and Caroline are so cute! We are having cool temps here and had to turn the heat on. Sorry your teams lost.

Joanne, Hope your your able to get your heat fixed in your car before it gets to cold. Glad you was able to have some Ryan time. Sorry for the loss of your SIL's Grandpa.

Tam, Did you find a new jeep? It's so nice to see you here again.

I didn't take notes and only went back 5 pages so I hope I didn't miss anyone. It's was a busy week last week. The Va appt went well. They gave hubby some pain medincine for his back and it is helping. He's suffered with it for many years and it has been getting worse. It seems good not to hear him complaining about it hurting.

Friday I picked Payton and Jocelyn up for the weekend. DS was reffing a game. I took them to the store with me. What a treat, lol! Saturday they had football and cheerleading, so we did that. Today there dad had to ref so they stayed with us. Friday was a little hectic, but the rest of the weekend went good. Payton even asked me to come and get him next friday. And Jocelyn told her dad now she has 3 homes. Hers, ours and his gfs (which she hasn't been to yet). I'm glad they are happy and comfortable being here, they have been through a lot in the last 1 1/2 years. Payton and I have always had a bond and Jocelyn and I are developing one which is really nice.

Jocelyn's aunt made her this really cute hat. I counted stitches yesterday to try and duplicate it to make Maya one. Her numbers are so far off for increasing. I'm guessing she might of made up her own pattern or is new in crocheting in the round. I went through a lot of hat patterns over at cpc to see if i could find one close to it. I did find a couple at redheart.com. It kind of looks like a flapper hat but the flapper (or brim) is rolled back and a flower is sewn on it. It's really cute. I'm going to give it a try.

On are way home from the VA we stopped at a cemetary and looked up DH's ancestors. Some where as far back as 1852. We'll go back again, but not sure if it will be this year since the weather is getting cold. We want to find his grandparents. They are suppose to be near the others but we didn't find them. One great uncle was in the 3rd Michigan Calvary. I find this all very interesting.

I'll be back tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great monday!

Go Tigers!

Good morning!

Marlene- I'm happy for you that you had a good weekend and that you spent some time with Jocelyn and Payton. Hopefully, your DH will find relief with the pain medicine for his back!! Your jaunt around the cemetery sounds interesting!

Linda- It must have felt good to get out and spend time with your prayer shawl ministry group!

Cindy- Can totally relate to having a busy day at work and being tired.

Marisa- How's your Mom doing?

Judy- How bout them Yankees?:clap:clap I would have liked it if the game was on when it was supposed to be instead of over 2 1/2 hours later thanks to the rain....so of course I'm tired this morning- but at least they won so the lack of sleep is worth it!:clap

I finished the second pair of fingerless gloves while watching the game and then worked on a scarf that I had started last winter- and forgot about---until I was yarn organizing!:eek

Time to get ready for paradise- even though it's a holiday- Columbus Day--it's not a holiday for me!:(

Have a good Monday!

Archived