Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Here are a couple of things I've been working on. One is a kids log cabin for Project Linus. The other is my mystery ghan in progress. It is the perfect colors to match my living room.

beautiful work. I really like the colors of your mystery ghan.

Hi again. Rosie and Carol and I made a lot of progress on the pictures for the quilt and starting to make some of the decisions on what materials to use for borders etc. Carol fed us supper and then we did a bit more before heading home.

The replacement title for my poor car arrived today so I just have to find time to get it to the insurance people. I have to report to the courthouse at 8:30 in the morning tomorrow so may well end up on a jury tomorrow.

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, my mom realized that 4 hours might be much yet. Her boss even sent her home just a bit early. Today she's trying 3 hours. She also had a follow up with the colon doc yesterday who said she's really not getting any better. We had her keep a log of her bathroom trips as far as how often and description (not to be too gross here :lol ) The doc was impressed with her documentation. He's changing all her meds and having his office contact her insurance to see if a mixture of something would be approved for her since it's a couple thousand dollars! :eek:xfin Now if we didn't have her keep track like that, she would have went in and said that she thought she was getting a bit better. Really, the only way she's better is that she can get to the toilet and keep control until she gets there, which wasn't necessarily the case before she went to the hospital :sighOuch! C-Diff is what I ended up with the second time I was in the hospital and it is NO FUN at all. Will keep you mom in my prayers. :hug

My friend is having Delany's baptism on Nov 11, but I'm not going to get to go :( BUT, I am stopping at her house on my way back from NJ after my seminar so I will get to meet Delany :clap:yay She is now 6.5 pounds, so she is growing and putting on some weight. She just had a check up yesterday. They were told to be really careful with her now at this time of year with all the colds and virus' and trying to keep her out of contact as much as is possible in regards to RSV as a concern. Just some preventative measures to be on the safe side after all the pregnancy difficulties :yesThis is certainly a time of year to be very cautious around others for parents of preemies. Glad she's doing well. :hug

Linda - Glad you got today off from Jury Duty! Sorry you can't bring your hook with you. I like puzzles as well :yes Have fun working on the quilt today. Yeah, I was a bit bummed about no crochet hooks, but I guess you can't be too careful with some of the weirdos out there. I just have trouble visualizing a crochet hook in size N being a weapon. Some of the small steel ones yes, but that big? :think

Super busy day at work, combined with very little sleep last night, and I'm exhausted. Luckily there is leftover baked potato soup for dinner.

Joanne, sorry you missed craft club, I know how much you enjoy it. Hope you got out of work on time today!

Linda, puzzle books did not occur to me, they are a good idea. I often do crossword puzzles, but my favorites are those logic puzzles, (unfortunately logic puzzles don't seem to be very popular and pretty much the only way to get those is to buy a book of all sorts of puzzles). I wish I liked Sodoku since those puzzles are so popular, and you can get the puzzle books everywhere. I'm curious whether they allow a Nook or Kindle?

I like logic problems, too. And I just got a book of them so that should help a lot. They were allowing laptops and Nooks and Kindles in the waiting areas, just not in use in the courtrooms.

Mary, what a wonderful idea for a gift for a new mom. I think I need to make a few meals for my DD too. However, I've got lots of time, she's not due until February. Since this will be dd's 5th child, she would probably appreciate meals more than baby clothes. I also really like this idea for a baby gift.

That is a cool idea for a gift! Could have used them when mine were little.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Here are a couple of things I've been working on. One is a kids log cabin for Project Linus. The other is my mystery ghan in progress. It is the perfect colors to match my living room.

Great projects, Phyllis! :clap :clap

Hi Ladies,

Judy, We picked up a huge crate for her last week at a garage sale for $30.00. I'm sure it's big enough for your babies. At the price we couldn't pass it by. She will sleep in that at least for awhile. Were going to pick up a small collapsible one to take in the car and to Texas. We decided if we were going to get another dog it would have to be a small one and she fits that part.

Mary, DD and SIL are very lucky to have you for there Mom. That's really nice of you to cook up some meals for them.

Cindy, That's a great gift idea from pinterest.

Marisa, It's good thing you and Steph are looking out for your Mom. I hope the insurance company approves the new meds for her. Keeping her in my prayers. Good news on Delaney.

Joanne, Sorry your having to put in long days before you head off for a mini vacation.

Linda, You girls made good progress on the quilts today. Maybe you'll get excused from jury duty early enough you can get to the insurance office.

Phyllis, Beautiful ghan and the squares are lovely to. Great job!

Sherry, How was your day at work?

Today I put 4 quart freezer bags of zucchini up in the freezer. Save them for holidays. I'm going to make banana bread either wednesday or thursday. I'll take that to DD's this weekend.

DS had a visit with the kids and they went to the lake in the town near where the kids live. There is a small park there. Then they went for a walk and who is sitting on the street in her new van but there Mom. She doesn't understand when the judge tells her not to be following DS and the kids around. She was with her oldest. And when the kids asked what she was doing her reply was she was taking a nap. DS recorded there conversation as that is what the judge said to do. He sent an email off to the friend of the court. DS said she probably figured she could get away with it because she would know he wouldn't know what she was driving. But the kids recognized it right away.

I'm off. Hope everyone has a great wednesday. We are suppose to get up to 70 tomorrow. :clap

Joanne - sorry you had to miss your craft night and that you are working longer hours but I know you'll enjoy your time off! Enjoy watching the game tonight!

Marlene - sounds like you were busy today!

Linda - I hope your day went well. I know it's not fun to sit around and wait.

Phyllis - great mystery ghan squares!

Another long day, and tomorrow is payroll day, so it will be super busy. Found out the "problem" with the computer downstairs was someone threw a bunch of paperwork in the area where the plugs are and they unplugged the monitor--no wonder it wouldn't work. Now I get to have a talk (again) about how to keep the computer area clear of paperwork--sigh.

Next week will hopefully be better--boss is on vacation for the week. Maybe it will be quiet enough I can get some work done LOL.

Have a great evening all!

Good morning!

Looks like Judy and I are almost done for the season watching the Yankees- they are now down 3-0 in the series---last night--another abysmal game! I ended up switching back and forth between the game and the debate---and then called it a night!

Busy day on tap at work since I'll be off till next Wed! So with that being said, off I go to get ready- I'd rather be in early and get things done while it's quiet!

Hope you all have a great Hump Day!

morning peeps.

Yup, Joanne...I can't see them coming back from this. Did you know Swisher was on deck when Ebanez struck out? And Poor Hughes, with his back! Awful lineup of issues going on.

Linda, I hope jury day speeds by!

QUOTE=tobybob;2508862]Hi Ladies,

Judy, We picked up a huge crate for her last week at a garage sale for $30.00. I'm sure it's big enough for your babies. At the price we couldn't pass it by. She will sleep in that at least for awhile. Were going to pick up a small collapsible one to take in the car and to Texas. We decided if we were going to get another dog it would have to be a small one and she fits that part.I learned to put a large plastic bin to block off part of the large crate so there wouldn't be enough room for our pups to use it for a bathroom.

Today I put 4 quart freezer bags of zucchini up in the freezer. Save them for holidays. I'm going to make banana bread either wednesday or thursday. I'll take that to DD's this weekend. yummo!

DS had a visit with the kids and they went to the lake in the town near where the kids live. There is a small park there. Then they went for a walk and who is sitting on the street in her new van but there Mom. She doesn't understand when the judge tells her not to be following DS and the kids around. She was with her oldest. And when the kids asked what she was doing her reply was she was taking a nap. DS recorded there conversation as that is what the judge said to do. He sent an email off to the friend of the court. DS said she probably figured she could get away with it because she would know he wouldn't know what she was driving. But the kids recognized it right away.

I'm off. Hope everyone has a great wednesday. We are suppose to get up to 70 tomorrow. :clapeoe, the mom has to be watched carefully - she seems to be a real loose cannon....:(

Good morning. I'm up, showered dressed, had my meds, and have walked Sweet Pea. I'm not sure about awake and alert though.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, We picked up a huge crate for her last week at a garage sale for $30.00. I'm sure it's big enough for your babies. At the price we couldn't pass it by. She will sleep in that at least for awhile. Were going to pick up a small collapsible one to take in the car and to Texas. We decided if we were going to get another dog it would have to be a small one and she fits that part.

(S)he looks so cute! And you are right about it being easier to transport small dogs, although there are exceptions.

I'm off. Hope everyone has a great wednesday. We are suppose to get up to 70 tomorrow. :clap

Ewww! :eek She really doesn't get it does she? I'm glad that DS is documenting all of it. Some ex's never seem to learn though.

Another long day, and tomorrow is payroll day, so it will be super busy. Found out the "problem" with the computer downstairs was someone threw a bunch of paperwork in the area where the plugs are and they unplugged the monitor--no wonder it wouldn't work. Now I get to have a talk (again) about how to keep the computer area clear of paperwork--sigh.

Next week will hopefully be better--boss is on vacation for the week. Maybe it will be quiet enough I can get some work done LOL.

Have a great evening all!

Duh!!! :think And I thought that I was on the slow side with computers! At least you found the problem and got it fixed for now.

Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)

Phyllis ~ Beautiful work! :clap The log cabin pattern is really cute and your mystery 'ghan colors are lovely together.

Linda ~ Fingers crossed that you don't get picked for a long trial!

Marlene ~ Your ex dil is a piece of work. :( Looks like she'll be seeing the judge again?! It won't be long until you can bring the little cutie home - have you come up with a name yet?

Joanne ~ Yay for taking some time off. :)

Sherry ~ I hope you have a good day. :manyheart I remember looking forward to my boss's vacation, too. :D

Hi to Judy, Cindy and everyone at the House. :)

Today's list includes car inspection, haircut and the grocery store. Have a good morning! :manyheart

Good morning. Its a nice fall day here at the moment, but the forecast is for heavy rain this afternoon. Guess I ought to go out and do a little garden cleanup this morning.

I need to do laundry today. I was thinking of grocery shopping, but I may put that off until tomorrow.

Marlene, I don't think your ex-dil is ever going to learn.

Good morning housemates :hi

Last night I had a Knit the Bridge meeting, which went well. They did a little presentation and all, but I already knew everything from last weeks meeting. I did meet some new people though and learned more about the fiber guild here.

I did a little hooking while watching the debate :sigh I must say that I still have no clue who I'm voting for and seem not to be leaning one way vs the other :eek Every time I think I'm swaying one way, the wind keeps blowing me back and forth :lol I'm really just not happy with either I think and it really puts me off when they all keep talking about the other one and their plans instead of focusing on telling me what they're own views are :think Oh well, I guess I have a few weeks yet to work it out :shrug

I have a lunch with a community group today 11:30-1, but have a patient at 12:30 so will only be able to stay a bit. And, I have a new patient at 2 :clap

Phyllis - Gorgeous projects :manyheart I'm bordering my last 2 squares on the mystery ghan now and then to join them and border the full ghan :yes

Joanne - :yay for today being your Friday. Enjoy your long weekend and the wedding. Let me know what timing looks good for you next weekend to meet up :bounce

Linda - I hope jury duty flies by today :xfin

Marlene - I love banana bread :drool I can't believe how relentless this ex is :eek

Sherry - :oops at least the problem was surely an easy fix :lol Hopefully next week will be productive for you. I always hated when my boss went on vacation when I was in Philly, he bothered us more when he was away than he did when he was in town. One time he called from Disney, I told him to go have fun with his kids and throw the phone in the ocean :rofl

Mary - Have fun with your errands today and your hair appt :yes

Anybody hear from Julie????

Hi all. I did get called into the courtroom for a case, but the defendant had changed his plea from "not guilty" to "guilty" apparently at the last minute so we got to hear a little bit of the judge's questions to the defendant and the sentence. 5 years for shop-lifting (apparently not his first offense) with 4 years of that on probation, and 1 year for battery to be served concurrently with the 1 year on the shop-lifting charge, plus $1,2000 fine for the jurors that had to show up and $1,500 in attorney fees, and no credit for time already served. Once on probation he's not allowed to have alcohol or illegal drugs on his premises or be anywhere where they are. And no controlled substances without his probation officer having been shown the prescription for them in advance of taking them. And he has to start paying off his fines within 60 days of release from jail at the rate of $125/month. And 125 hours of community service.

Anyway I am done for the day and the week now. :clap :clap :clap

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I did a little yard work today myself. We have an area that had trees like Christmas trees but a different type that hubby took out and we still haven't figured out what to do with the area so weeds are growing in there. So I pulled them all out.

Mary, We have a list of names to pick from. Maya and I are leaning toward Molly. It was Ruby for awhile (because I wear ruby rings). Then there's Daisy to. How's the haircut?

Judy, I'll have to remember the plastic bin for the crate.

Marisa, :clap for the new patients.

Joanne, Hope work was easy on you today. When are you leaving? Have a safe trip and a wonderful time. You should see some great colors on the trees throughout your trip. And warmer temps.

Sherry, Glad you figured out the computer problem. I hope next week is a relaxing week for you at work.

Linda, :clap for being done with jury duty this week. How long do you have to serve on it?

We put the cover on the rv for the winter. I took stuff to the recycle place. They have bins sit up and we can go any time. I like it that way much better than having to save it for a month. I just wish they recycled in Texas. Mary do they recycle where you live? We've done it for so many years I don't know what every state don't do it.

We went and visited are friends Gordy and Mary. On Halloween she is going to have the arteries on each side of her neck taken care of (or whatever they call it)(one of you nurses can give the correct words for it).:) One side the artery is very thin. They are so blocked they told her if she has a stroke it is going to be a bad one. Gordy has developed a cold and has been smoking so he is having trouble breathing. He did up his oxygen and it was getting higher. The last few winters when we have left we never know if he'll be here when we come back or not. Everyone is at the point we can't feel sorry for him when he won't quit smoking. He'll tell you he is very weak when it comes to those cigarettes.

The tiger and yankee game is rain delayed for at least 45 minutes. One of DD's friends and her boyfriend are at the game.

I'm off. Hope everyone has a great thursday!

Rosie and I went to Gainesville and I turned over the title to the insurance company and picked up the check for my totalled car. Took about 2 hours total driving time and about 3 minutes to do the transaction. It would only have taken about1 1/2 hours if I hadn't got us lost. :P Then we turned on the GPS system and it was then smooth sailing.

Carol, Rosie, and I are going to the GA Quilt Show tomorrow. And with luck I can go car shopping on Friday and have wheels again by the weekend.

Marlene, jury duty is for just a week at a time, but once you've been called into the courtroom that's it even if they change their plea like the guy in the courtroom I was in.

I'm calling it quits and heading for bed. :manyheart I walked home from the courthouse and that pretty much shot my wad for the day energywise. About a mile. I was doing really well up until the last 3 - 4 blocks. :P Nighty Night.

Hi All! I finished my Shawler tonight!!! WooHoo!! It has taken me a long time to get it finished but at least I can wear it when it gets colder (or the boss decides to turn the a/c down and freeze me out! LOL). I'll post a picture when I can take a good one. I was working on the jacket and got the sides and shoulders sewn up and I tried it on. Not sure it will fit DD :(. Will take it to work and see if someone that's close to her size would try it on for me to see if it will work.

Linda - hope you are able to rest well tonight. Hope you can find the car you want.

Marlene - no rest for the weary next week--I have a list of stuff to do while the boss is gone. At least it should be very, very quiet in my office!

Have a great Thursday!!

morning, peeps!

Sherry, I hope the jacket will fit ok for your DD! And WTG for finishing something for YOU!

Game was postponed finally (good thing because it would have started so late I never would have seen it). Marlene, sorry DD's friend missed out - the excitement level for these games is through the roof!

Rosie and I went to Gainesville and I turned over the title to the insurance company and picked up the check for my totalled car. Took about 2 hours total driving time and about 3 minutes to do the transaction. It would only have taken about1 1/2 hours if I hadn't got us lost. :P Then we turned on the GPS system and it was then smooth sailing.I'm not a good navigator, myself:P DH was gifted a GPS but never uses it. Prefers old fashioned maps:lol

Carol, Rosie, and I are going to the GA Quilt Show tomorrow. And with luck I can go car shopping on Friday and have wheels again by the weekend.

I hope it works out! Wheels!!!!!!!!!!:cheer:clap

I'm calling it quits and heading for bed. :manyheart I walked home from the courthouse and that pretty much shot my wad for the day energywise. About a mile. I was doing really well up until the last 3 - 4 blocks. :P Nighty Night.

Yikes - that's more than I do! I hope you didn't overdo....:hug:manyheart

Good morning!

Can't wait to see the Shawler, Sherry and the graph ghan Judy!!!

We're headed to AL this morning- Stepdaughter's wedding is Sat---so I may be scarce the next couple of days!

We should be settled in by the time the Yankees come on-glad it was postponed last night due to the rain.

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning. Sweet Pea decided to wake me up before the alarm went off this morning. She's still not used to the noises she hears from the apartment next door. She hears them, not me. It wasn't that much before it was due to go off, so not really a problem.

morning, peeps!

Yikes - that's more than I do! I hope you didn't overdo....:hug:manyheart

It really wasn't that bad a hike except for the fact that I had on the wrong shoes for it. My legs are a bit stiff this morning, but not bad.

Hi All! I finished my Shawler tonight!!! WooHoo!! It has taken me a long time to get it finished but at least I can wear it when it gets colder (or the boss decides to turn the a/c down and freeze me out! LOL). I'll post a picture when I can take a good one.

Yay!!! Good for you!!! :clap:clap:clap

I was working on the jacket and got the sides and shoulders sewn up and I tried it on. Not sure it will fit DD :(. Will take it to work and see if someone that's close to her size would try it on for me to see if it will work.

With any luck at all it will be perfect!

Linda - hope you are able to rest well tonight. Hope you can find the car you want.

I looked on the internet last night and it looks like there are a couple more at the same lot that may be in my price range, as well as the two that were there last week. Got my fingers crossed. :P

Have a great Thursday!!

Good morning!

Can't wait to see the Shawler, Sherry and the graph ghan Judy!!!

We're headed to AL this morning- Stepdaughter's wedding is Sat---so I may be scarce the next couple of days!

Have a good day everyone!

Have a wonderful time at the wedding. :manyheart

I'm off to the quilt show soon. Hope you all have a great day. :hug

Good morning housemates!

Joannne - what part of Alabama!

Glad all is well and everybody is keeping busy.

I'm trying to find some Chicago Cub and "I Love Lucy" prints to apply to graph. I've had an inquiry in regards to A grownup and child chicago afghan and the Lucy blanket. If you guys have any idea, let me know.

Have a good day!

BBL!

Good morning housemates :hi

I went to the gym last night and then I ran back here to the office to treat a patient, yep at 8:30 at night :eek But she text me and asked because she had a horrible migraine, so I said sure as long as she didn't mind me being in my workout gear :lol

I slept in a bit this morning until almost 9 :eek I'll be here for a bit, then heading over to my friends for our adjusting and lunch :devil Tonight then I have a PYP event.

Judy - I can't wait to see your final animal ghan :clap You're getting closer and closer!

Marlene - I hope Mary's surgery goes well :xfin And as for Gordy, you can make him stop smoking if he doesn't really want to :shrug We recycle too :yes Now you really know summers over that you covered the rv!

Linda - :yay for taking care of the title and getting the insurance check, sorry you got lost but I'm sure you ladies made an adventure out of it :yes Have fun at the quilt show today and :xfin that you get to go car shopping tomorrow.

Sherry - :yay for finishing the shawler and for you too!!! I hope dd's jacket works out well :xfin

Joanne - Have a safe trip to AL, are you driving or flying? Enjoy the wedding :yay

Val - I always like to go to Google and search the topic, so in this case chicago cubs and click on the images, so you only get pictures. That one should be easy since it's just a 'c' :think No ideas yet for I Love Lucy though :think

Archived