Picket Fences and Fall Flowers

happily hooked

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just finished my latest after 40 days of work! Pics are below.

The pattern is "Picket Fence and Fall Flowers" by Stephanie Brown. Her design won the 2007 annual afghan contest at Herrschner's.

I made a smaller version -- the pattern called for 5 columns X 7 rows, but I didn't want a full bedspread size so I reduced it to 4 columns X 5 rows. Even though I reduced the size, it still turned out to measure 60"X80" and required the crochet and sewing together of 492 pieces -- that's a lot of sc's! (I now have a new appreciation for those that quilt).

I also want to give credit to my "little helper." She was always by my side, helping me to untangle the yarn (ahem :rolleyes) anytime I needed her assistance.

Beautiful and well done. Your patience is awesome, I couldn't have finished it:)

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

I'm sooooo excited to see this b/c I'm working on that one right now!!!! You did an awesome job!!! Love it!!!
Yay! Another one! It's a lot of single crochets, isn't it? Are you going full size?

• 1 month later...

Your afghan is just gorgeous, and your helper couldn't be cuter! :lol What a sweet picture of her with the yarn in her mouth! I wouldn't get any crocheting done for playing with her and just watching her be cute! :lol

Archived