Picket Fences and Fall Flowers

happily hooked

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I audibly gasped when I opened this thread. This is GORGEOUS. Yes, the design is fantastic, but I guarantee it would NOT look like that if I did it. Stunning. And your helper? Adaorable. I think I found my next dog. What kind is she/he?

I think I found my next dog. What kind is she/he?
She's a Yorkie, but a "poorly bred" one, and by that I only mean that she was bred by a "back yard breeder" that was not paying any attention to the lines and genetic backgrounds of the parents and not trying to meet the physical standards of the breed.

Her physical faults: ears don't stand up all the time like they should and she's big for a Yorkie (10 lbs, we refer to her as Yorkzilla, but I've seen much larger ones and she's a great size so that I don't worry so much about her being around children).

But, she met my main requirements .... she is very healthy and has a wonderful temperament. Loves all people and all dogs, not afraid of the devil, alert, inquisitive, intelligent, and quiet. I was the first to pick from the litter and just chose the pup that was the most friendly and had the most confidence.

:heeheeChuckling here as I read your discription of your Yorkie. You've described mine, minus a few pounds. Curious to know if he/she tries to attack anything on wheels:dog? Our Sophie (aka Sassy) thinks she is the boom to anything that moves and tries to tear it apart. Of course with her small stature that would be impossible, but it is so comical to watch. :sofunny

No wheel attacks yet, but she's only 8 months old. She gets excited to see someone on a bicycle, but I think it is the person she is excited about and not the bike -- she wants so much to greet everyone she sees. However, we don't let her off-leash outside of a fence so who knows ... can't trust her yet and we could never catch her.

Absolutely gorgeous craftsmanship! -I am in awe of all the time and talent that you put into your beautiful afghan! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. :yes Oh, and what a sweet kick, your sidekick!

Archived