Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Hey folks

Do you know what today is ? It's Photo Friday !! So show us those squares, finished blocks, rows, or just skeins of yarn .

I'll be dropping in later this morning to show what I have done so far. I am working on putting the first 2 rows together and need 8 more squares to make it .

I'll work hard to get those last few made up and attached today then will drop back in with a photo .:)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone

I am still deciding what colors to do for the amish pattern and need your help.

I really like the red heart fiesta meadow yarn and was wondering if this is a green color. I have seen it on ebay and it looks different.

Cant wait to see everyone else's projects. I hopefully will put a photo on the board later on.

Hi Wendy

I have not seen Fiesta yarn ,so am not real familiar with their colors. I did find it here on this website ( http://www.lylefabrics.com/heart-fiesta-meadow-p-2220.html?osCsid=f0371277e818d0cbc224565e5df4a47d ) and if you click on the photo, it shows up bigger. Yes, it looks like a green .I'm trying to figure out what type of green I'd call it. It definitely doesn't look like the RH Sage color . It leans more towards a thyme maybe ? I don't know what other color you could call it. Hopefully one of the ladies will have seen it in person and will know better how to describe it. It is hard when looking at online colors, sometimes they look different in person .

It is very pretty, though .:)

Hi Julie morning to you.

Im trying to get the colors for the amish and wanted to try red heart. Is red heart nice to work with, I have never used it before as we cant get it here in oz. This one is for my mum for her birthday, which is not till august so I have plenty of time. I have chosen the following from that lylefabrics site and wanted everyones opinion on the colors and if they have used that site before.

Red Heart Fiesta Meadow as the main color

Red Heart Classic Teal

White

Red Heart Super Saver either cornmeal or gold?

I wanted to do colors totally different from the casa and mum said you choose the colors, surprise me. dont you hate that, it makes it so hard.

Good Morning! :manyheart

Wendy~I've never seen the fiesta in person but what I was told by someone that has used it is that it has a gold strand of thread running through the color to make it kinda sparkle. Good Luck finding the right colors. :D

Wendy - The gold will give you a bolder color grouping, and cornmeal a more subtle, softer grouping. :) I'm using the gold as one of my colors. I'll post a picture a little later today. I suspect that either one would work just fine.:)

Okie dokie, just started my Roundabout yesterday. Thought I had bought some Burgundy yarn but I didn't :no But I had bought RH Farmland multicolor (ombre) that's lovely so I'm substituting that for the Burgundy. It looks pretty good, I think :D Just half of one block so far :P

Here's a link since I can't do attachments yet even though I feel like I've been here forever :manyhearthttp://happyyellowhouse.com/share1.html

Donna, that’s beautiful!! Your triangles are so crisp. I love it!

Linda, love the colors!!

Cara, that looks so nice!!

My bi-color squares aren’t quite right but they are decent I guess. I’ll post pictures later today.

Donna, its beautiful and the colors are lovely.

Linda I love your colors, its certainly going to look great when it comes together. You are right too the gold does look nice and bright.

Cara yours is coming along beautifully and I like your colors too.

Robyn I have trouble with my bi color squares too. I think its because you have a bit of the other color going round the corner and it does show when you sc them together. Not sure how to fix it or do the squares differently.

Robyn I have trouble with my bi color squares too. I think its because you have a bit of the other color going round the corner and it does show when you sc them together. Not sure how to fix it or do the squares differently.

Bad thing about all the bi-color grannies I've ever seen is ya gotta "fudge" a little :lol You have to kind of make it work....clear as mud? :think

Hi Cara, I have tried to fudge it but it hasnt worked. Do you fix it while crocheting it or when you sc the squares together.

When I'm sewing them together. Of course I don't sc them together I whip stitch them (old habits die hard :blush) so that might make a difference :yes

Donna, Linda, and Cara...WOW they are all great! I'm still waiting for my friend to choose a pattern. I'm getting frustrated with her though, she keeps making excuses but then will expect it done in a few weeks! I will give her another few days and then I am going to choose one for me to do!

Archived