Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Okay, well now i'm just mad. I began with just being a little heated. I told you all how I was going to check out the Super Walmart. right? Yeah, well i'm sure you see where this is going.....................i'm still home. My Hubby got up this a.m. & said he didn't feel well & went back to bed but kept saying we'de go later. We'll later never came & he's still in bed. I know you all are probably thinking how selfish is she, her Hubby is sick. Well, let me tell ya, he gets this tired sick bug once a week. I told him to go to the doctors a ton of times and will he listen? NO!!!!! So i'm beginning to have no sympathy for him at all.

Okay, now I feel better.:lol :lol :lol Maybe now that I have that off my chest I can actually get some crocheting done instead of sitting here on fire. :devil

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning Ladies

Poor Tabby...i would be all mad to...a brand new walmart and you cant even go...doesn't he realize how important this is...this is your sanity at stake..does he want to live with that on his shoulders...:rofl

Leah

I think that would be very pretty...those colors sound nice together.

Windy

Yep up to row 11..but you have time to catch up...i ran out of buff and still haven't got eny yet so ive been working on the baby one...cant wait to see more of yours.

Ok off to hook some..everyone have a great day!!!

Hello Leah and :welcome I think that color combo would be lucious, imo :D

Tabby - Oh I hate when my hubby does that! I'm at everyone's mercy since I can't drive :angry I usually find whining works well,tho :devil

Oh I would love to do one of these, but I *have* to finish this queen sized afghan/bedspread I'm doing before I commit to anything else. It will be at least a month before I can begin the project.

Leah, your colors sound beautiful! I can't wait to see some pictures.

I just ordered my yarn for the Blackford. I just love that quilt. I'm doing country blues and country rose and teal and soft white.

Is it terrible to hope they schedule my hysterectomy soon so I can stay home from work and crochet while I recover??

I'd really like to join in, but I'm having soooo much trouble getting the pages to load! We're on dial-up (only thing available out in the country) so everything's a bit slow, but I've tried to look at all the patterns several times and keep giving up. :thair

Poor Tabby- no wonder you are mad -- doggone, I'd be mad too if you've been waiting all week to go and now you can't . There's ways to get even . Make him Beanie Weenies for supper .

COLD .

Mad- those colors sound real pretty- so you are doing the woven blocks ? Thats the same one I am doing . :)

Morning Shay and Cara !

Bama - it's ok, we'll still be here in a month, I'm sure !

Cookie- your colors sound pretty, and if I were you, I'd want them to hurry and do the surgery , no matter what. I'd want to get it over with . I am a BIG CHICKEN about doctors .

Pop - wish there was some way I could help you see the photos better, but I don't know how . Good luck !

Tabby - how painful for you. tell your hubby that he is not sick and to drive you to the shop.

Julie - have you started on the woven blocks yet.

Leah - hello, your colors sound great cant wait to see your first pic.

Bama - welcome, join in anytime, we will still be here till the cows come home.

Pop - hello, when we had dial up we had a lot of problems too. Call your provider and talk to them, they may be able to tweak your machine so that it will run a bit faster. Even with dial up you should be able to get pages to load, so maybe they just need to do something on your machine and they normally can do this over the phone while you are at your computer.

Cookie - I hope you have your op soon and everything goes well.

What a wonderful group of people! This is my first post on any forum...hope it works! I've been lurking for a few months and also looking at Cara's patterns for a while. When I saw this CAL, I knew I had to register and join in! I would like to do the Love Letters pattern and was thinking of doing 4 blocks for a baby afghan. I almost always use Bernat Softee Baby and would love opinions/advice on the afghan size and yarn. Thanks!

:welcome Skysmom and Pop 800 :clap

Pop, if you're talking about having trouble getting the Yellow House pages to load I have good, if not annoying, news for you. You were trying to look when the site is backing itself up..it's slow for everyone then :angry It does it randomly between noon and 3 pm central time. If you're still having trouble and would like to print out a particular pattern PM me and I'm sure I can get it to you :hook

Thanks everyone for you support in such a painful situation. :lol

Julie~Cold dinner, forget that.....he isn't getting dinner at all. I'll make sure we eat it all. I don't think he'll care though since he still is sleeping. I don't understand how someone can sleep so much. I get that he works but geeze louise I never slept for more then a 24 hr. period even when I worked. Does he know who he's messing with??? :devil :devil :devil

Cara~Thanks but I even hooted & hollared and he just kept saying we were going later but I knew he was lying. The worst is that it was his idea to go so he got my hopes up & then blew it up with a gernade. :angry

It's all good because I have to take the two younger kids to Albany for a dentist appt. and guess what's across from it?? A Joann's and it has a good supply of yarn so i'll ask the woman that's taking us to stop there and I know she will. I will spend unspeakable amts. of money there if he doesn't get up soon & do some major damage control. :devil :devil :devil:yes

Sky~I love Bernat Baby Softee & actually that's what i'm using for my bedspread. It is smaller so I think you'de have to make more motifs to make a ghan to the size you want but I still think it'de be beautiful. Good Luck & let us know what you decide. :)

Sorry I keep noticing more posts I want to respond to. :lol

Mel~Don't worry about photo Friday this week. There's alot of us that will have squat on Friday. I haven't started either but if you read above regarding my shopping trip you'll know why. SO painful.....:(:lol

Tabby - Thank you! What pattern and colors are you using? I'm looking forward to something for a girl after I finish the last of four baby afghans for boys!

Cara - Your patterns are wonderful...I can't wait to get started!

Wendy- Yep, I started my squares today. I don't know how many I have done, I have just been cranking them out and tossing them in a bag. I'll have to count and see what I have by Friday. I won't have much of an exciting photo for Friday myself-other than a big pile of squares ! :)

Mel- it's fine if you don't have a photo to show yet - it's just something we started in the other group and everyone seems to like it . It helps motivate people to try to get more done by the next Friday .

A lot of you won't have things to post this soon, but that will pick up and change soon, I bet, once everyone settles on a pattern and gets their yarn .

Mary -welcome to our group and I'm very honored that ours is the first CAL you joined ! Hope you have a blast-- these are a fun group of ladies .

Keep us updated on colors you choose . Cara might be a better one to ask than me about baby yarn ,block size, etc since they are her patterns .

Welcome Anjelle ! :)

Tabby -you are funnier than heck . I heard on the news tonite that they thought a volcano blew its top up in your neck of the woods. I thought that was a mistake -- who ever heard of a Volcano in YOUR state ?

Then I remembered -- Oh Yea, Tabby is MAD . It's just Old TAB Blowing her top .

I bet your husband didnt have a very blissful night of peace at your house tonite .

Let him have it ,girlfriend . It does you some good to blow all the mad out once in awhile. It's good for the pipes .

Bring a WHEELBARROW to JoAnn's tomorrow .:D

Went to the neighborhood WalMart tonight after John got home. I've decided to do the purple pinwheel in dark brown, light brown, gold and burnt orange. They were short 3 skeins of the light brown. I'll have to pick up that another time. Their stock of yarn looked like it had been hit very hard. Must be a lot of us using hooks and pointy sticks during the cold weather. If I don't get any squares done by Friday, I think I'll post a picture of the skeins of yarn. Hehehehe:devil I showed Kim the yarn when I got home and the pattern and which colors were going where, and she was all smiles. (It's for her to snuggle in while she's sitting up in the chair during the day. For those who don't know me, I'm Kim's live-in companion & caregiver. She's had several major strokes and needs assistance with every day living tasks. She can't use her right side very well or talk, but she's smart and communicates with signs and sounds. She keeps very close tabs on all my projects, matching the patterns with the results, helping me choose colors, and pulling yarn from the skeins. :manyheart She's a neat lady!)

Hello ladies- I just went through all the posts and tried to make sure I got everyone's pattern that they stated they were going to make -- please check post 1 to see that I have you in the right column, or that I have you listed at all. I hope I didnt miss anyone, if I did , I certainly didnt intend to. There were lots of posts to go through .

Drop me a note if I listed you in the wrong list or if you have changed your mind or have different colors you want added .

THANKS ~ :)

I've decided to do Country Fair in red or burgundy, white, and country blue. I'm going to make it larger to cover our bed. :hook Couldn't help myself though, these all look so darn good, picked a second one Country Hearts to hang in my kitchen. I'll start one of them as soon as I get the hook bag holder I'm making for a friend's daughter done. This weekend or sooner.

Archived