Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've decided not to buy any more pink for the baby ginham...instead, since there are subtle diferences in the pinks I have in my stash, I'll alternate which pink squares I use for each row.

I have a few made for the second strip...by Friday, I should have something to show:hook ...that is, if the light pink isn't washed out by the camera's flash!

I still haven't gotten to start one of these yet but I'm close. I just wanted to say that I've been using Cara's square pattern on my quilt and REALLY love it they are so much easier to make than the more solid ones I'm making for the Trip around the world. I'm going full steam ahead with my quilt block so should be able to start one of these next week.

I'm plugging along. Have 45 solid white done last night while semi watching the game. 25 more to go plus the 54 solid burgundy. Want to get a my first row of done to see if its wide enough to cover the bed.

Holy moo, you ladies are amazing. I've got about six squares done in white, and that's it. :blush Ah, well. It might take me two years, but this will be the best project I've ever done.

All your pictures are so lovely. Hopefully I'll have something more than white squares to show by Friday. Hehe!

Okay ladies I need help. I have just started my bi-color granny squares and I'm not sure that I am doing them correctly. When you drop one color and pick up the other how do you hold the dropped color. It seems that I am stitching over it and then when I get ready to pick it back up I have this long piece of yarn laying on top of by stitches.

I hope someone can understand what I am saying and help me out.

Pam

Pam, there are as many ways to change colors as there are crocheters, I think :lol But the way I do it is to fold over about 1 1/2 inches of the new color and make a loop in it like you would for doing fringe. I insert the hook in the top loop, insert my hook into the ring and then just DC as normal.

Clear as mud? :think Oddly, enough I have trouble explaining things like this :blush But I hope it helps some anyway.

Morning,ladies

Congrats to those of you plugging right along in here. I have almost half a row more to add to mine, which will make the first set of 3 blocks across done .

Judi-the different shades of pink sound very pretty ..

Tab-maybe you should add some green in your valentine doily if it wont be done til Christmas :lol

You guys all keep at it here-- photo friday does seem to come round quick . :hook

Okay ladies, I have been watching this crochet along since it started and really like the pictures you have all been sending. I just can't hold out any longer.....Is it too late for me to join your group? Actually, I was going to try something a little different. I want to use the Ohio Star pattern, but since I am trying to use up my stash of yarn, I was going to keep the white background, but make each block with different colored yarns. So far I have made 16 white squares. Today I am going to start on some of the bi-color squares.

Jackie, the different colors sound great!

And Pam, try dropping the previous color to a different side of your work after you pick up the new one...and give the old color a little tug to help it shrink in size a little...I think you're having the same problem I used to, from the sound of it.

Good morning, everybody. :headache I'm on the sick list now, so don't know how much I'll get done this week. :sick Maybe more than usual, maybe less.:out

Pam, my first try at the bi-color had me scratching my head and wondering what I was doing wrong. :think I solved the delima by leaving a long loop where I first changed colors. When I got back to the place where I was to to pick color number one back up, I did a chain 3 using that loop as the starting loop and then just continued on. I did the chain 1 with color 2 and joined to the top of the chain 3 with a slip stitch. The results look good to me.:hook

Jackie, your idea of stash busting with different colors for each block sounds like it will yield a very pretty and colorful quilt. I look forward to seeing pictures of it. Welcome aboard.:hug

Good morning, ladies :flower

Jackie, Welcome to our little party :hook The multicolor sounds fantastic. I can't wait to see it!

Linda, Oh you poor thing! I sure hope you feel better real soon :hug

Well, I'm liking my Roundabout much more since I changed to the original Burgundy I had in mind. Much prettier that way. Can you believe I already have two blocks done :eek And I have 2 other WIPs going. My hands are killing me but boy am I having fun :c9

:lol I never even considered doing more than one project at a time before. Always had the motto "Finish one before you start another" but it keeps it exciting this way!

Anyway, just checking in...off to another fun day :hook

Welcome, Jackie ! Of course, you can join in and the all different colored squares sounds neat .

Linda- hope you feel better soon. I think almost everyone in here has had that junk this winter .Cover up with a blanket, eat a popsicle and take some tylenol .

Tabby - you sound ornery today, you little stringbean, you . :lol

Cara- great job ! It sounds like you're having a blast .

Melissa- welcome to the gang- let us know what colors you choose .

Okay...here I go! All of the pictures, ideas and colors are so much fun to see/read...you all have wonderful ideas. I, on the other hand, have a horrible time making decisions. :think

:) The good news ~ I bought Lt. Thyme, Rose Pink, and Soft White today for a baby quilt. Now I can't decide between Love Letters, Baby Blocks, or Do-Si-Do! Cara's patterns are all so lovely...any opinions? Maybe I'll put the names in a bowl and draw one!

I have 2 blocks done & joined so far. It looks like i'll have something to share on photo Friday. WooHoo! :cheer I love the pattern & the colors I chose but I can't stand the fact that I can see some color through from the joining. Not bad but enough to bug me. The last quilt ghan with tiny squares I made I was crazy & joined all the squares one by one instead of in a row & I changed colors to whatever color the square was. It looks nice but it was ALOT of extra work. I guess i'll just have to deal with the little peek through. :yes:no Grrrrrr.........why do I have to be such a perfectionist??? :think:eek:devil

Oh, and do you all remember when I told you last week about my Hubby being sick & I seemed cruel with no sympathy? Well, I thought i'de mention that he is *clears throat* sick again today. Coincidental? I think not. It is his day off & it just happens that if you look back it would be last Tuesday when he was sick last. :lol :lol :lol Just thought i'de let ya know incase anyone thought I was too cruel & unsympathetic. :devil

Archived