Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

WOW! Everyone's blankets look so great!

I have been busy crocheting the small squares... and I really don't mind doing the bi-colored. However when I tried putting some of them together, I didn't like the results and ended up tearing them all apart again. So for now I just have a bunch of small squares and will work at getting some of them put together for next week so I can get a picture to you.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, ladies! We're having a heat wave here in New Jersey today...it's supposed to go above 32 degrees farenheit!:clap I just might be able to take my youngest German shepherd (see my avatar pic) for a long walk - it'll be the first time in probably over a week - and he's been bouncing off the walls!

I've already done some crocheting this AM...on the pink lapghan for my friend:manyheart

Happy hooking, everyone:hook

Good Morning! So far, so good on joining squares. The whipstitch method is working well and seems to look okay on both sides.:)

Hopefully, I can post pictures soon but have to learn how first!

Terrific!

And doing the pics with photobucket is easier than it looks! I should know!!

Good morning everyone. I'm off duty today and I'm going to loaf and crochet and join squares. :devil Wheeeeee!:wooI disliked the two color squares at first, but since I figured out how to do the color switching I kind of like them. They certainly add a lot to the pattern and make a lot more quilt patterns available for crocheting. :) I might even try creating a pattern now. Uh, Oh! Did I really think/say that? :eek

Pam - Love the red, white, and blue squares. Can't wait to see what you are going to be doing with them.:yay

Jackie - You can post pictures of your yarn, your squares, and your progress, big or small. We're not fussy. :hug

Afternoon Ladies

Wow...look at all the pretty quilts that have been shown since i was away...everyone has done a great job...so pretty.

Julie

Stop in when you can,we will miss you :(

Cara

Great minds think alike,im doing the roundabout to and my colors look so close to yours its not even funny....im using Claret,Buff and Med Sage in red heart...what are yours?...you're light color looks lighter than mine but the others look the same.Also...when you say you press it do you use steam or just light dry iron???

Jackie

Cant wait to see you're colors...photobucket is really easy to use.

Well back to crocheting and watching Nascar Practice(Go Mark!!)Have a great day Ladies!!!

Cara

Great minds think alike,im doing the roundabout to and my colors look so close to yours its not even funny....im using Claret,Buff and Med Sage in red heart...what are yours?...you're light color looks lighter than mine but the others look the same.Also...when you say you press it do you use steam or just light dry iron???

I'm using RH Burgundy, Lt Sage and Aran...just one step lighter than yours :D When you press it needs to be with steam....full steam. Helps those little yarns lay just right. Just about half pressure though, not the full weight of the iron :yes

Is it me or does everyone have there first row of the square as there right side. I am noticing that many of you seem to have your squares showing the wrong side or are you all doing it differently or not turning your work. It could be me showing the wrong side. I have been putting the second row of the squares as my right side.

ok sorry dont mean to bore you all with a trivial issue.

Is it me or does everyone have there first row of the square as there right side. I am noticing that many of you seem to have your squares showing the wrong side or are you all doing it differently or not turning your work. It could be me showing the wrong side. I have been putting the second row of the squares as my right side.

I'm making the squares for the baby gingham:I'm turning the square to make the second row and keeping this side as the right side. The first row looks nice and puffy that way...I don't have the directions in front of me right now to see if that's how Cara wrote it, but that's the way I'm doing it.:hook

I just tend to pick whatever side looks best to me.

Donna, that is beautiful! Wonderful job!:yay:cheer:yay

Wendy - I am using the side where I do the double crochets as the right side. That's what looks right to me. I think it's more or less whichever one you like best.:)

I worked on converting a couple of quilt patterns into crochet patterns yesterday afternoon and evening. I came up with two that I like. :bow One of them has two bicolor squares for every one solid square. The other is all solid squares. One version of the all solids uses four colors and another uses eight. The patterns with lots of bicolor squares uses four or five colors, depending on how you do it. I'm feeling rather proud of myself.:devil

Donna - Oh it looks so fabulous!! Great job :clap!!

Pam - if you mean it's not straight across at the tips where the color change is...then that's the way they come out :D You doing them right.

Aussie et al - :lol if anyone is really interested you can see post #382 about right side vs wrong side...btw sometimes I end up with one or two upside down,too :rofl

Wow....post 382...when Julie first asked me about this thread I figured if we got 1 or 2 others I'd be thrilled and we're over 400 already and tons of ladies on board ...I'm so honored :manyheart

Donna~That is stunning. Love it. :clap:cheer:clap

FYI~I'm not abandoning you guys but i'll probably be MIA for this week because my Hubby is on vacation & we have lots to do around here. I'll drop in when I can, i'll try atleast once a day. Hope you all have a great week. :D

Archived