Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pam, without having the pattern in front of me, it looks like you began the color change (to pink?) too soon...re-read the pattern and look over the stitches as you do...

I've done that:P , which is why I think that's the problem here.

Let us know what you discover ..okay?:hug

Pam, the colour combination is great. Your error is at the corners where the two colours meet. The two colours should "hold hands" ... that is work only a 3 dc of your colour and the other 3 dc that make up that corner in your second colour. At the moment you have made one corner in pink and diagonal one in blue. The 2 colours should share the corner so only 3 dc and then turn, then complete that corner with the 3 dcs with your 2nd colour and join to the 3rd ch of the first 3 chs of your first colour. There will be a space between the 2 colours and this is done in many ways. I sometimes do 2 chs, other times I work a hdc ... this will depend on how I decide it looks best. Hope this helps... :)

Is it too late to join in???I hope not :( Everyone's quilt looks so good :clap :clap that I couldn't resist. I started mine a couple day's ago. It was soooo hard to pick one. I finally picked the Casablanca.(I tried to like one that had fewer squares :eek but that didn't happen) I'm using brown, turquoise and off white. Hopefully I can get a pic going here by photo friday.

Thanks girls. As of now the quilt is on hold till payday.:( I ran out of my country blue and can't get any till we get paid. Luckily that is Thursday so I'll be working like a mad woman on it Thursday night. :hook That way I have something to show everyone next photo Friday.

Welcome, Kathy. :hug Of course, it's not too late to join. I'll be at this a long time, especially if I get bitten by the designbug/convertbug worse than has already happened.

I don't mind sharing the patterns, but will have to figure out how first. :think At present, the Card Trick pattern (4 or 5 colors) is on paper only. The Card Trick pattern is done in blocks of 6 squares by 6 squares. The Rail Fence (in 6 different color schemes) is sitting in an excel file. I titled the Rail Fence versions: Loud (7); Oranges & Greens (8); Yellow to Orange (4); Blues & Grays (8); Pretty Pastels (6); and Red, White, & Blue (3). The two I underlined are my current favorites. The number in parenthesis is the number of colors for that version. Both patterns are based on 2 1/2 inch squares like Cara's and are done in blocks that are 12 squares by 12 squares, although the pretty pastels would make a great crib quilt at 1 block by 1 1/2 blocks or 1 1/2 blocks by 2 blocks. :) I just had an idea. :idea I'm off to experiment.

Kathy - Nope not too late :welcome to the House :manyheart

Mary - Wow! Your Baby Blocks look fantastic! Excellent work :clap

Linda - Hmm....your post reminds me...I had a Rail Fence quilt all done up and finished...even sold the pattern....now where did I put that thing :think?

Okay. For those of you who were interested, I took pictures of the patterns I came up with yesterday. Hope you can see enough to get the general idea.:)

First is the Rail Fence - Loud. Second is the Rail Fence - Oranges & Greens. Each colored oblong is 4 squares of the same color.

DCP_0998.jpgDCP_0999.jpg

Third is Rail Fence - Yellow to Orange. Fourth is Rail Fence - Blues & Grays.

DCP_1000.jpgDCP_1002.jpg

Fifth is Rail Fence - Pretty Pastels. Sixth is Rail Fence - Red, White, & Blue.

DCP_1003.jpgDCP_1004.jpg

Last is Card Trick. DCP_1006.jpg

This is the one that has twice as many bicolor squares as solid squares.:devil

Hello Ladies. I had some time to myself before bed so I thought i'de stop in.

Kathy~Welcome! It's never too late to join a Cal, ecspecially this one because some of us want to do more then one so we'll be here for awhile. :D

Linda~Those are gorgeous! :clap:cheer

I have made some great progress today on mine. I finished two more blocks. :yay:c9

Linda -- Now you've got me wanting to try that Rail Fence pattern. Just another project to add to the list. (Which will never end... Ohhh, the List!)

I feel all slow. I got four more squares done this weekend, and that's it. I have a love/hate relationship with this project. :lol But, judging by everyone else's progress, it's going to be lovely when it's done. I'm so jealous of you fast crocheters!

Donna - your quilt looks gorgeous. I am still working on my first block. Hope mine comes out half as good.

Mary - your blocks are great. I think I would like to try that pattern too. A friend of my grandchildren (who unfortunately is still in high school) is having a baby shower in April. They are having a little girl. Maybe I will try and get this one done as a gift. Jason, the babies father, used to come over to our house and I always liked him.

Linda - Good work on making up those patterns. They are really nice.

Archived