Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Wow, everybody -

Boy Am I Behind !

I started out the day just fine yesterday with plans to get on here and keep updated on posts, put on my photo, etc.

Well, life kinda got in the way yesterday and plans changed . I got busy working on our family newsletter. I send it out 4 times a year and it was time to get busy on the spring one ,so I worked on that all morning ,then Cam was here in the afternoon, so last night I got back to my squares. I now have almost 3 rows attached, so will get a photo posted today unless anything else gets in the way first .

Now, to answer all your posts in one BIG one ~:)

Donna- love your afghan so far -- those blues look so pretty together and it looks antique-looking. I like things like that . Keep it up !

Linda- your colors are gorgeous-- reminds me of the leaves in the fall .

Mel- got your pm and added you to the list ! Thanks

Annie- keep looking over them patterns, I 'm sure you'll decide soon .

Pop -sorry, I again forgot your name -- I know you told me but I dont have time to look through all the posts to find it again. I'm glad you decided on the pattern - Tabby will be doing that one too, not sure who else . Good luck !

Misa- your colors are pretty and it is looking good ! I am so glad you can crochet again . What is the dark color you are using , is it a navy or black ?

Theresa- I hope your friend hurriesup with her choice so you can get a start on it !

Karin - I'm with Linda -- whatever you do, don't count the squares needed . I did that the first time I started one of these and about LOST it. Just go with little amounts, like one block or row at a time !

:lol

Robyn -beautiful colors and your son is a cutie. I love his dark eyes .

AND ... I hope I got everyone now-- for those of you with the joining questions, feel free to join whichever way you like best. I just mentioned my way since I like it and it seems so quickand easy to me, but if you like another way better, that's just fine too ! :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy, I'm holding off on the Casa for now...for this CAL I'm making the Baby Gingham (with pink and white I already have in my stash). I'm debating whether to get the deeper pink or rose or just go patchwork and use the blue I have on hand -- or just keep the light pink and white:think

I made my 1st square last night and love the look of it...

I'll be donating this one when I finish...:hook

I also wanted to cheer up a friend (she has MS, and lives in FLA) so I added another project to my already too-long list - a pink lapghan! Oh, well...

Wendy, Love the pink...didn't know if I would but I must admit it looks fantastic! :clap

Julie, The darker color is actually RH Farmland Multicolor. It's a gorgeous yarn. One of those I just bought because it was pretty but really didn't know what I'd do with it :lol That's such a crummy photo. I really should take another one today :blush

Morning, everybody. I just crawled out of bed. :coffee I was sooooo stiff and sore last night, but not bad this morning. I need a mug of tea to help me wake up.

Robyn - That is beautiful! :cheer Your son looks like a real sweetie. Feel free to include him in your pictures any time.

Wendy - That is gorgeous! :clap You are doing a great job.

Julie - You have a great start! :yay Those colors are super together.

Thanks, guys -- next picture I take I'll try to take the time to lay it on the bed so it's a little bit better view .

Cara- I THINK I saw that color before, but not sure. The one I'm thinking of had like browns, oranges, greens ... Kinda like fall leaf colors ? I'm not sure if that is the one you are talking about or not. We don't have a huge color selection around here, so some of the colors I rarely see .

Donna- I'm doing the woven blocks, so right now, it probably doesn't show much of the pattern. I'm hoping by next Friday, it'll show better what it will look like once I get more rows added on . :)

...while the electrician was here this morning I let DH supervise and I knocked out a bunch of both pink and white squares for the Baby Gingham...I can at least get the individual strips done with these colors and then see what else I want to do with it...:think I feel great using some more of my stash!:yay

Wendy, yes it’s for my friend. Her baby shower is next weekend. I found some great flannel at Walmart for $2.50/yard and it has tan and blue dinosaurs. J An edgery doo? Hmmm…I’ll have to look into that.

BTW, your Casablanca is beautiful!!! I love the colors.

Cara, thanks! I didn’t even see the hearts in it until my daughter pointed them out. He he

Judi, thanks for the tip on washing the fabric first. I thought I’d wash both the fabric and the quilt ghan before joining them together.

Julie, I love your colors! I’m a pink person, and green. LOL

Linda T., thanks for the compliments on both my ghan and my son. He is a doll if I do say so myself. I kept asking him to move and he just said he wanted to be in the picture. LOL

Are you all joining as you go or waiting until you have all the little squares for each block? I did that and then joined them all at once and it took a long time. I think I'll try the joining as I go method. And I used a slip stitch to join...seemed to work ok. :think

thanks everyone for your compliments

Julie - yours is looking great cant wait to see more of the pattern.

Robyn - an edgery doo might be the way to go if you want to put a backing on it. I have seen the website for this tool and it looks amazing.

Judi - Im looking forward to seeing what your baby gingham looks like.

Judi - Im looking forward to seeing what your baby gingham looks like.

...so am I:lol

...though DH now has painting projects (doors, woodwork) set up for this coming week...so...I have to step away from hooking for a bit:( :( At least I can tell myself I won't have to paint alone (he's doing it, too), so it'll go quicker, and once it's done it won't have to be done again till after I'm dead and buried:rofl :rofl :rofl

I did manage to get a few squares done today in between running around like a chicken with its head cut off. :lol I love my Hubby & enjoy his company but will enjoy tomorrow when he's at work & I have to go no where. His hours got changed so he's up really early & home by noon. It doesn't give me my me time anymore because by time i'm doing pre-school & other kid stuff during the week he's home. :thair I should try to train myself to get up with him so I still have time & the kids would be sleeping but, but, but.................geesh that's too early. I am NOT an early bird. :no I think my 7 o'clock schedule is early. :yes Anyways, i'm off to make some more squares & I hope you all have a good night. :manyheart

Tabby, many years ago my DH commuted into NYC, leaving the house just after 5 AM...I would stay up. With our son being a toddler, it was an expecially good opportunity to have "me" time - or "quiet time"... Hard, though, when you're not used to it.:hug

Went to a couple meetings today and got about 16 squares crocheted during my time there. :hook Didn't weave in the ends though, so I still have that to do. I'm going to focus on one row at a time in one block at a time for this project. That should put it in terms that aren't so intimidating. I think that I will join the rows of the blocks as I go and then eventually join the blocks together as the last joinings. I am going to have to take this in small bites or I'll get overwhelmed and give up. It may take me a year to finish, but if I keep the focus on small amounts at a time, I'll get there.:yes

Archived