Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Ok, I was able to finally get some of the pictures loaded, and I *think* I might do the "Our House" design. I really like it, but it's soooo hard to choose! I'm going to give it a day or two before I make my final decision. Unfortunately, I won't be able to start right away because I'm in the middle of baby stuff for my sister - with 3 kids my time is way too limited!

Oh, can someone give me an idea of how big these are? Thanks!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelley- thansk for the note- -got your choices marked down on the list .

Pop- could I ask what your first name is ?

Also, I will pencil you in on the list for the Our House Quilt, then if you change your mind, just holler and I 'll go in and change it .

:)

Yay Pop! I'm glad you finally got everything to load :yay The Our House afghan is approximately 70" x 90" finished. I designed most of them oversized because furniture has gotten so very large :eek and so they would look good as a compliment to your bedclothes :hook

Good Morning Everyone!

Yep Julie, that was me. :devil He did get up finally and then planted his rear end on the couch laying down. He mentioned calling in today & I blew it. He's grown but don't think you're caling in just to get a day off when I have to take the kids to the dentist. I wasn't allowing him to sit here alone & relax anymore then he already has. :lol:devil And believe me I will be bringing a dump truck to Joanns. :D:yes:devil:hook:yarn

Have fun shopping today Tabby. I hope you find lots of good deals.

Julie, I'm doing the Ohio Star in blues with the soft white. I'm so excited about it. I'm almost halfway done. Then just have to do the border and I'm off to the next quilt :lol

Mel- it's fine if you don't have a photo to show yet - it's just something we started in the other group and everyone seems to like it . It helps motivate people to try to get more done by the next Friday .

A lot of you won't have things to post this soon, but that will pick up and change soon, I bet, once everyone settles on a pattern and gets their yarn .

I am highly motivated but I am literally :help in WIPS and short on yarn and money until tomorrow......but I will find out which pattern I will work on.....

Morning Ladies

This thread is moving fast...wow...

I got 34 squares done last night :cheer

Welcome to all the new Ladies...and frist timers...you will have fun and Julie will keep you hoping :lol

Tabby

I hope you find lots of pretty colors...cant wait to see what you get.

Have a great day everyone...

It's so much fun to read the posts...and a great way to keep smiling! :) I've been to JoAnns this a.m. and, as usual, can't decide on yarn yet. Now I'm thinking about Baby Blocks instead of Love Letters.

Cara ~ I would love your opinion on Bernat Baby Softee vs. ww yarn for either one of these patterns. I made one square with the baby yarn and think it will be fine, but have never seen or felt one of your quillts! Thanks.

WooHoo!! I went to JoAnns & bought a huge bag of yarn & even a pattern book. I chose lt. thyme, med. thyme & winter white for my ghan.

I also picked up some pretty colors just because. They had a color called islands in TLC essentials that i've never seen & it sure is pretty. I also found one called high plains, very pretty. I also bought a color called eden green & sandstone to match the island color. I have no clue what i'll make with it since they only had one skein of the island & high plains but i'm sure i'll think of something. :hook

Hi Mary,

Hmmm, I've never used the Bernat Baby Softee before. I do know that I tried one once using RHSS and boy was the weaving a nightmare :eek All the weaves kept slipping out :angry

If the Bernat isn't too slippery it might just work :yes Only one way to find out though and that's to try it out. I'd be very interested to know how it works out.

Way to go Leah. Im glad your dinner went well and you got heaps done on your squares. Doing these squares does make it easy to take anywhere with you. I do some in my lunch hour and have taken it to do some while my daughter plays tennis.

I probably won't have anything but the yarn for tomorrow. I've been working really, really hard on my bedspread today and yesterday. There is supposed to be bad weather here tomorrow, so time will tell as to how tomorrow goes. Great progress Leah! :yay Glad you found lots of nice yarn to make up for yesterday, Tabby.:yes

Thanks Everyone! :manyheart

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have much of a selection for good ole RH but that's okay. I don't think I have enough for the whole ghan but I think the little yarn shop near me should have these colors & if not she'll order them for me. I'm hoping to get started on it tomorrow, maybe after pre-school. :hook:yarn

Mel~I hope the Dr. tells you that you can crochet just a wee little bit. Good Luck! :D

Julie~Yep, lots of greens they were all so pretty. :yarn:) I couldn't choose just one. :devil Can you believe the book I bought is ghans all made with little squares?? :eek What was I thinking? :lol But they were all so perdy. How is your ghan coming along? Any progress or are you still hard to work on your PS? I'm so proud of you for sticking with it, good for you. :yay

Archived