Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, everyone. The sun is out today. Wheeee!! :sun Even if it's cold, the sun shining always helps me feel better. The Super Crochet Sunday CAL is today - Crocheting (mostly squares) during the Super Bowl game. :hook I'm going to see how many squares I can do during the game. I'll for sure do some for this and some Preemie afghan squares for variety. Have a great day!:manyheart

every thing is awsom

keep the great work

wendy

week after week you really encourge me to start the casablanca

i really love your`s

keep the hard working its awsom

julie

it`s peice of art don`t ever stop that project it`s wonderful

i can`t wait to see it when it`s done :)

Hello out there ladies

I'm kinda on slow gear today. I've been up for hours, infact, just woke up from a long winter's nap . It sounds like there's a little action in here today .

Any of you having or going to a super bowl party ? We aren't much for partying ourselves -- just a couple old fuddy-duddies . :)

Julie, just our favorite salsa and us...and my crochet hook. We leave the partying to the Gen X'ers. Hoping to get squares/motifs done! :hook

I forgot about the super bowl. *DOH* That's why no one's on today, silly me. :lol I don't watch football & neither does my Hubby, thankfully. I hope you all have a great super bowl Sunday. :D

Umm, I actually *live* in Indiana, and I didn't know the Colts were in the Super Bowl till yesterday. My first reaction was..."Oh, so that's why I keep seeing those 'Go Colts' signs everywhere." :blush

Julie - hi hows it going. Mums favorite color is lemon so looking at something with that in it. I wish she had just told me what colors she wanted it would have been easier. I think its made it harder as the amish as that two color tone in it but maybe I should just go with plain colors.

Athba - you will have no trouble doing the casablanca or any other pattern in here.

What is the superbowl is it football? hope everyone had fun.

Judi did you get lots of squares done.

Yesterday at mums place my daughter Kelly was playing with my mums burmese cat Joe.:cat She was throwing a little ball and would you believe the cat chased after it and brought it back. It was so funny seeing this cat walking back with the ball in its mouth. I have never seen anything like it.:lol

Hi, Wendy!

Super Bowl is football...but American style - whimpish, compared to Australian Rules Football!

I've already put together one strip of pink and white squares for the baby quilt and have done a couple of other things, and the game hasn't even started yet! I'm hoping to make enough progress to put myself in a good mood to paint tomorrow.:P

As a dog lover...who also adores cats...I think cats are smarter! Loved your story about the burmese who fetches!!

Umm, I actually *live* in Indiana, and I didn't know the Colts were in the Super Bowl till yesterday. My first reaction was..."Oh, so that's why I keep seeing those 'Go Colts' signs everywhere." :blush

:rofl Sounds like something I would do :D

BTW changed my mind about using the Farmland multicolor in the Roundabout went and bought some Burgundy and I like it much better that way :manyheart

:rofl Too funny. Sounds like me. Now if it was a sign with a crochet hook & a ball of yarn i'de probably break my neck looking. :blush:lol

Hi Gang

Glad to hear some of you found some crochet time today. I have added another row of squares onto mine and started the next row ,so I've accomplished some today myself .

Wendy- Well, let's see, if your mom liked yellow, then maybe some blues and browns to go with it ? Or you could go with all pastels if she likes the light baby-pastel type colors .

Game's over. Indiana Colts won. Their offense ran all over the Chicago Bears defense. :hook I managed to get 1/2 the bicolor squares for the first block completed and half a dozen single color square done. I can't believe how much longer it takes to do the double color squares. Oh well. I'm getting close to having enough squares for half a block. I'm pleased.:devil

thanks wendy

i`ll pick my co;ours to start it maybe next month loooool

no seriosly i`ll start it when i`m done of my round ripple and snowflake afghan

any suggestions of the colours??

i wanna paint my bedroom with creamy or light beige

so what colours should i choose

i want romantic colous that turns the bed into bowl of flowers

but not to colourful

loooooool so defficult to think about it

what i mean not to bright but nice and romantic :)

It sounds like the super bowl was a productive time for a lot of us and we were able to make some progress on our squares. I have almost enough done to add another row clear across, so ,I will almost have the first set of 3 blocks finished. I will need one more row after this current one and 3 blocks will be done, 9 to go . :)

i have put the yarns in my shopping cart in the amazon for the casablanca

my colours will be ( coutry blue - country rose - buff )

i`ll refill my bro.`s visa to buy them woooooow

Athba - way to go

Julie - Im not sure which colors to choose. I was going to go with greens with the lemon. I didnt want to do browns as my blue star afghan is brown and blue. I like to swap colors im doing so I dont get bored. You are getting heaps done on yours. well done.

Those colors sound very pretty, Athba.:yay

Julie, you are really zipping through this one. Way to go.:cheer:clap

I need 19 more squares to have half a block to put together. This is going a lot faster than I thought it would. :) Of course, I'm not doing anything but this, soooo my other WIPs are just sitting. This is so easy to take with, which makes it the most portable of my projects.

Thanks, guys ~

and Wendy- yea, I understand you not wanting to use more of the same colors again. You do tend to get tired of them if you make a whole big project with them .It's nice to start out fresh with all new colors for the next one .

Let us know what you decide .

Archived