Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

wow julie you always put us on eciting flame but i wish you dont change your mind after you start working :) <<< just kidding

i love the casablanca and also the love letters

but surelly i need to buy yarn for it :)

i`ll inform you when i buy yarns :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh, those quilted afghans are so beautiful. I would so love to join you, but with packing and moving, I just don't feel like I would have the time to devote to this. You can bet I will come back to your website later and choose one or two of your patterns to make!

By the way, I loved your Granimals too.

Good Morning! :D

Julie~This may be just what I needed. I think I needed something more people where in to push me along. I can't wait to choose one & get started. Decisions, decisions........:think

Cara~I would love to see more of your designs. It is a privilege to crochet in a CAL with you. :manyheart

Aussie, it's great to see you back. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Tabby I'm so glad to hear that your going to start another. :)

Julie, I don't know how I missed that post in the quilt CAL. I will definitely be doing that on my next one. I don't know if I change the joining if it will show differently. So I stay with my whipstitching for this one. But I may try the joining the rows with it. Hmmm...:think Something to try out and see if it's any easier to do. lol.

Cara I love looking at all your designs. I can't wait to see more.:hook

Athba- thanks for joining up - if you are asking me to stop changing my mind, that's like asking the sun to stop rising every day. Not gonna happen . I have always been like this, but will try to hold it to a minimum if it upsets you . :lol

Jackie

You can betcha we'll still be here when you get moved and settled in, so stop back in then and we will welcome you whenever you are ready !

Tabby- (AKA Long John Silver ) I'm glad you are getting excited about this . Keep an eye out, I think Cara MAY be dropping some more patterns in there today, so keep a weather eye out ,matey . You don't mind climbing that little pole and sitting up in the bucket at the top to watch and shout LAND HO, do you ?

*** Can you tell I'm on a PIRATE kick today ?

Donna - yea, you may wanna stick with the joining you have already started for this one, since it may be noticeable . I'm not sure .

You can give it a whirl for your next one and see how it goes for you . :)

to Cara: Beautiful lay-outs. I have a Tea-Cup and Saucer quilt (fabric) that I should try and graph out. All your quilt designs are beautiful!

to Julie: I thought you had a new way of joining the squares!!;) But I've done that handy-dandy easy way for a long time now.

I'm working on finishing up a cross-stitch TIGGER on a SC background right now - so we'll see. I would almost make the squares if someone else wanted to do all the darn joining! :lol

I would love to join this. Wanting to make something for our bed. This spring, we are going to start painting and decorated our room in Americana theme. This will give me a good excuse to crochet something else and buy more yarn. :devil

So Julie, is your joining method is more secure than using a tapestry needle? I've tried 'sewing' once but the whole afghan unravelled. To say I was upset was and understatement. :(

Kelly, I've also done Julies Method for years just because I can't and hate to sew! I think it is much sturdier, faster, and holds up lots better than whip stitching! I tried whipstitching my last crocheted quilt together and ended up frogging it and doing the handy dandy way. It leaves a ridge on the back but it isn't unsightly and the front looks just like it would if I would have whip stitched only better!

Morning Ladies

Welcome back Aussie...im so glad you had fun...it was strange you not posting every night though...glad your back.

Julies joining method is great...i never would have even tried if she hadnt told us about that...now im loving it...i love doing these squares...my DH has timed me a few times and i can pop out a square every 2 mins....if i can do this anyone can.

Cant wait to see what everyone does

Ok..have to start loading the Uhaul...ackkkkk...will try to sign in later and see how its going...

ETA...Julie you might want to post the handy-dandy method on your first post so when new ladies come in you can tell them where to look,might be easer.

Oh I love all these Crochet Quilts, Cara! They are awesome!! The Windtalker one is just what I was looking for this morning as my good friend's baby shower is coming up and I needed another pattern for a baby blanket. I even have all the colors and I'm ready to go! :)

~Robyn~

Julie - I may let my mom pick one out I don't know I probably will just surprise her but I will at least get color ideas for her when I go to visit them next month.

I think I'll also do a lapghan for a baby blanket for my SIL who's due in May. I still want to do my sampler quilt idea that's rattling around in my brain lol but that will come in time lol.

Wow! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! My email box was overflowing with notes today! And so many lovely posts in this thread....what a great way to start a day :manyheart

Okies, I posted 2 new charts today. The others are going to need a little cleaning up...actually these do too but I wanted to get something up :blush

First is Starcrossed and the second one is the one I was going to do right before I had to stop crocheting 4 years ago. I had forgotten all about it :yes

Anyway, it's called Roundabout and I think that's actually the one I will do :hook

I promise I'll work on getting 3 or 4 more up by this time tomorrow....hopefully :yes

Thanks again to all of you! You do my heart good :manyheart

Wow, this place is hopping ! To answer again, I'll have to do it in shifts, as there are so many posts .

Gleda- we'd love to have you join us. Let us know which one you choose. It's certainly hard to decide, isn't it ?

Beagle- yea, I'm sure my handy-dandy joining is nothing new and that lots of people use it, but I guess some people haven't heard of it yet or tried it . :)

Ms Suz-

Great to have you along ! This is exciting to see some old friends in here and meet some new ones.

Kelley - I think the way of joining I use is real solid -- as solid as a sc'd item would be, and that's pretty doggone solid . :)

you guys drop us a note when you decide on patterns and colors !

Robyn and Pam- Welcome ! Great to have some more people jump in . Cara's patterns are SO pretty !

Cara- wow, the 2 new ones are beautiful !

Tabby- you funny thing, you ~

Shay - thanks for the tip-- think I'll just put a note on post 1 saying to check post 18 for the joining method . Happy traveling . :)

Morning Everyone, well its my last day of holiday before I go back to work. School starts back here today so I will see the girls classrooms and new teachers. They cant wait to start school for the year.

Julie - this is a great idea for a cal. Have you decided what pattern you are doing.

Cara - I love your new patterns they are gorgeous, makes me want to start another one straight away but I have to finish this casablanca first.

Oh my Cara...i love the Roundabout...what colors did you have planed for it???

Welcome Pam!!

Think I'm gonna do it in the mapped color way. Burgundy, Lt Sage and Buff...that'll match my living room and I, personally, am sick of looking at the Casablanca that's been in here for 7 years :D Wow! Has it been that long?!? :think Plus, I already have those colors on hand thanks to a fabulous yarn sale at Hobby Lobby last week where I broke the budget :devil

I have some family obligations today :yes so I need to get back to them but I just wanted to drop in and say how thrilled I am by the response :manyheart

When everyone's gone tomorrow we can all get down to some serious crocheting :hook

Archived