Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy, my friend's ghan will be picked up again tomorrow (after I come back from getting the older dog, Susie, an abdominal ultrasound:( ...they're not sure why her liver numbers are so high)

I'm finishing the last thing for my SP then it's full steam ahead on our friend's ghan. What's nice is that the squares are a decent size and look good...the RH Soft yarn is so nice to work with! I won't even have to wash it before sending it to her.:c9

Andrea, I went to North High School and grew up in North Hill but I have lived all over Akron. :)

My husband went to work with his brother in Michigan and then the boss had the opportunity to relocate to Wisconsin. So we all ended up moving to Wisconsin.

My friend from Canton said that I was lucky I no longer lived in Akron because the crime rate went up. But I seriously miss Giant Eagle and only having to drive for maybe 10 minutes to get to one. :)

I have actually been to your town several times Julie. My DH's little sister used to walk there from Wadsworth all of the time and we would be the ones picking her up half the time.

For my Fall Ghan, I used the design with the pumpkins, house and tree but because I wanted less squares I cut out the poor pretty tree. I have five rows put together, I wanted to get a peach for the sky like the original design showed but my only choice out here for yarn is WalMart and they don't have alot of different colors. I picked a sky blue. I've decided to do a square of pattern and then a square of blue so I wouldn't get too bored doing a bunch of blue at once.

Andrea

I really don't know much about Akron, as far as the different areas. I'm sure there are nice parts too. I listen to WNIR every day and cannot believe how many people are shot or mugged there .:eek

I guess when you live someplace this boring, it sounds scarey to live where someone will knock you in the head for a dollar .

Crafty-- you lucky thing, having been to our town ! Pretty exciting, huh ? Did you buy any souveniers ? :lol

Tab- I think I SAW your MOJO-- you said it was like the WIND ..... I thought that was someone's kite that the string broke on, but it was your MOJO stuck on the electric lines behind our house. Want me to climb up and yank it down for you ?

Morning everyone. Hopefully today I will be working on a cuddle/cot ghan for my stepdad's new granddaughter. I am just going to make it in pinks and purples with her name on it. Hopefully it will look ok in real life as it does on the graph.

Tabby, I will keep an eye out for your mojo as well, but it might not have blown this far.

Wendy, you must be getting somewhere with your white squares now.

Denise, congrats on finding one you liked.

Hello Julie, you couldn't keep away for long, could you? :) This place is irresistable. :yes

Tracy

Good morning . Yea, the thing is with this place, when you've been here as long as I have, it's hard to just step away for very long, because you become friends with so many of the people and you wonder how this one's feeling, or that one doing, or how this one's job is, or that one's kitty.. you know ?

So, you drop in to SEE and end up answering a bunch of posts.

Very addicting place definitely .

Welcome, Sonia -- those colors will be pretty. Can't wait to see them together and I know Leslie will be thrilled that you chose her design !

Get ready to do some major GABBING in here, along with crocheting .

Morning Judy,Tab and Wendy ~~~

Thank you everyone! Now, after all the ones without pics are done, I want to work on the Casablanca and a few others! You are so right Judianne....there are too many to choose just one, and so beautiful!!

Good Morning, Ladies. I've missed lots of action here and am trying to catch up!

Welcome to Crafty and Sonia. :welcome

Cara, great news on being nearly finished with the shower goodies. :yay

Tabby~I haven't done much crocheting this week, either. The weather finally cooled off a little and I've been playing in the yard when I have a chance. :D

Hi to everyone else, too. :manyheart It's Photo Friday...none for me today, though. :blush

Welcome, Sonia -- those colors will be pretty. Can't wait to see them together and I know Leslie will be thrilled that you chose her design !

Get ready to do some major GABBING in here, along with crocheting .

Morning Judy,Tab and Wendy ~~~

Gabbing?...Us? :devil

Tracy

Good morning . Yea, the thing is with this place, when you've been here as long as I have, it's hard to just step away for very long, because you become friends with so many of the people and you wonder how this one's feeling, or that one doing, or how this one's job is, or that one's kitty.. you know ?

So, you drop in to SEE and end up answering a bunch of posts.

Very addicting place definitely .

It is good to "see" you, cos then we know you ok. :hug

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this fine morning?

Sonia - Welcome to the group :hug Excellent choice of quilt!

Julie - Be careful climbing power lines to retrieve Tabby's Mojo....don't wanna have to call the fire recue like last time :lol

Tabby - Nice and sunny here today,too....there...a little salt for that wound :lol Actually I prefer overcast and dreary but that's just me :D

Oooh yes, it is photo Friday. I actually have something to show this time. Just gotta get everything else done that needs doing and get a picture of it.

First thing I have to do is call the local no kill animal shelter when they open here in about 25 minutes. Doggie's gonna have to go :( She's a pretty dog. She's a very well behaved dog and just as lovey as the day is long but I'm allergic to dogs. I figured with her outside it'd be not so bad but my allergies are killing me. Can't breathe through my nose and my eyes are starting to puff and burn. I just hope they have a spot for her. We tried finding the owner or a new home for her but no one wants her :( Poor dog.

Gotta work on these last few details of the shower goodies. :yes I want everything done before the book with the bear in it shows up. If it shows in time. If she sent it media mail I may not get it until after the shower :lol But today it's flower arranging which is definitely not my strong suit :lol Wish me luck :D

Have a happy day y'all :manyheart

Cara that's great that you are almost done with the baby shower stuff.

Julie I know it's so hard to stay away from here. I always feel lost when I haven't visited in a while.

I finished one more block on my WB and have only 5 left to go. :cheer My plan is to have it finished by the beginning of December. I need to start collecting the yarn for the next quilt too. Thanks to Cara I now have a color scheme going on it. :D I also need to get some work done on my PS. How is everyone elses PS coming along? :devil

Archived