Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Tab- I think I SAW your MOJO-- you said it was like the WIND ..... I thought that was someone's kite that the string broke on, but it was your MOJO stuck on the electric lines behind our house. Want me to climb up and yank it down for you ?

HeeHee, I just saw this. I could see ya now, giving that old bitty next door heart failure. I say go for it. :D:lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, everyone. John didn't go in to work until about 15 minutes ago, so I got to sleep in this morning and did. It's nice and sunny here, too. The weather is cooler, which is nice. I don't know about anyone else, but we've had summer in spades here in GA. :bounce

I have almost finished sewing together the third block for this three block strip of the LotL, so should have picture to show later this afternoon. I started another RR last night. This one is in two shades of yellow and two shades of blue for brother #2. That will only leave one more RR to do on the current Christmas list. I'm toying with the idea of another one or two, but haven't decided for sure on them. And I'd like to do one for me eventually. :rofl (Put that at the bottom of the list. I know. They always seem to go to others. :rofl Maybe if Julie starts that CAL in January it will turn into something real.)

Welcome to the group, Sonia! :welcome

Oh, if you're climbing up to get Tabby's MOJO, could you please wear the fishnets and red leather thong? If you've got a "housecoat" on, then the wind might pick up and she'd have the best view of her life! :rofl

:rofl:rofl :rofl :laughroll :laughroll :rofl :rofl:rofl

UHOH Donna said a bad word : PS . (Prairie Star )

If I was Clark Kent, that'd be my Kryptonite .

If I were an alcoholic, it'd be a bar with all drinks 25 cents.

If I were a member of this group , it'd be the skeleton in my closet . :skeleton

Guess I'll go with the skeleton, since the other 2 choices don't match me .:lol

GEEZ, do any of the rest of you have a pattern like that, that you have wanted to make since the day you first saw it, but could just never quite GIT-R-done ???

Miss Julie,

That would be my BLUE STAR pattern. It's about 2/3 done. Everything else keeps coming before it, and it's still right where I left it last year. I NEED it this year, as it's for my bed and I'm FREEZING at night without eighteen blankets piled on me. Gotta finish other stuff first, though. :sigh

Tracy

Yea, I'm still kicking. Some days I aint kickin very high, but I'm still kickin .

You ever hear the saying " Only the good die young ? "

I figure I'll have about 80 years left to go if that rule is true .

Tab- you know you're one of my bestest pals, but I just cannot do the thong/fishnet thing on the electric pole. We are surrounded on 3 sides by elderly people. If one happened to glance out and see my FULL MOON OVER HICKSVILLE, they may have a stroke . I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for their demise.( although the biddy out back, it'd be fun to shoot her with a pea shooter when she comes out to hang up her UNDERPANTS on the laundry line .) :lol She's too NOSEY .

Speaking of her underpants, I didnt know they even still MADE these underwears, but she wears the kind my grandma did ( my grandma was born in 1890 )

They look like men's white boxer shorts ,only big enough to slide over the front of my car .

NOW who sounds nosey ????

I embarrassed the daylights out of Sam one day. He comes home from work, I'm out on the patio. I yelled for him to HURRY !!! Come out here QUICK !!!!

He came out, probably thinking there was a snake in the yard or something ....

I told to him follow me, and took him back to our fence in a strategic spot to see through the BUSHES . ( we are trying to grow trees and bushes all along the back fence for a little extra privacy)

Then I pointed out them underwears hanging on the laundry line . I never knew a man's face could turn so many shades of red all in such a short time.

FUNNY :lol:D:lol:D:lol

Krystal-glad to hear I'm not the only with with that problem then, although you have a better reason than me. you keep cranking out all these gifts, etc for people .You make an afghan in a week. I make a dishcloth every 6 weeks.

Whats the problem here ????

I dunno ..........................

Morning, How are you all. it looks like you are all up to having fun. I didn't get anything else done on kitty but hopefully today. The kids don't have school today and so Iam hoping to get some stuff done around the house. We shall see. I hope you are all going to have a great day. I need to get my walk in today also. maybe to the libray. Well have a great day and I will check in later if I can get the kids off the computer.:manyheart

Morning Gals. :D

It is so rainy & dark here I could just lay in bed all day. :yes How is everyone else this morning? :manyheart

------------

Tabby, I'm so jealous! It's sunny and warm here. Like every other day, it seems. At some point, we'll have fall, I think.

Oh, but the nights have been fabulous! Mid 60s! I slept last night with my window open, and it was heaven.

First thing I have to do is call the local no kill animal shelter when they open here in about 25 minutes. Doggie's gonna have to go :( She's a pretty dog. She's a very well behaved dog and just as lovey as the day is long but I'm allergic to dogs. I figured with her outside it'd be not so bad but my allergies are killing me. Can't breathe through my nose and my eyes are starting to puff and burn. I just hope they have a spot for her. We tried finding the owner or a new home for her but no one wants her :( Poor dog.

----------

Cara, I'm sorry about this. I know you probably feel sad about it, but I tihnk you're doing the right thing for the dog. Several years ago, I had a stray cat hanging out at my place. He was obviously someone's lost but well-loved pet. Couldn't find an owner, and he was miserable.

I knew at the time I couldn't keep him, so I took him to the no-kill shelter here. I was so sad, but I called back about a week later, and they told me he'd been adopted by an older woman (along with another cat), so I was happy, because I knew he'd gone to a great home with a new buddy.

----------

Cara, I'm sorry about this. I know you probably feel sad about it, but I tihnk you're doing the right thing for the dog. Several years ago, I had a stray cat hanging out at my place. He was obviously someone's lost but well-loved pet. Couldn't find an owner, and he was miserable.

I knew at the time I couldn't keep him, so I took him to the no-kill shelter here. I was so sad, but I called back about a week later, and they told me he'd been adopted by an older woman (along with another cat), so I was happy, because I knew he'd gone to a great home with a new buddy.

Gosh I hope someone takes her. She's a good dog. Very well behaved. DH took her down there already and I feel like a heel :(:cry

Oh Cara :hug I know it's hard. But at least you found a good place for her to find a new home.

Julie I'm sorry I brought out your skeleton:skeleton I am having the same problem with my 63 squares. I get on a good roll with it and then I just stop for months on end.

Cara

Try not to feel too bad, as long as it's a place where they keep the pups til they find them a home. You can't take in every single animal in Waco, especially if you are allergic to doggies. You can't make yourself sick just to keep a doggie .

You must be really allergic big time if he was outside and still bothered you.

Maybe he has an owner and they will locate him in this place you took him .

*** A question for all you pet ladies, since I don't have any :

Do any of you have those implant things in your pets so they can be traced if they get lost ?

I just wondered if any of you have done it and if so, has it worked if your pet ever got lost .

Donna- it's ok, I was just joking with you. You saying that doesnt bother me in the least. I think it bothers me that I like this pattern so much and can't ever seem to FINISH one of them. Probably because it'd be for ME and I'm not real good at making things for ME . I never think it's important enough to keep working on it, if I think of someone else who needs or wants something, I just kinda drop my stuff to work on the other things.

From what I have read on here, a lot of us are the same .

Julie, I haven't microchipped any of my pets, although I have some friends who have. I don't really worry too much about it, because my cats never go out, and only Sam even wants to go out - and he never tries to escape. The one time Sam did escape, he just scooted out and promptly sat down.

The other cats don't go anywhere near the door - I think they're afraid it leads straight to the vet's office! :lol

Well, Donna- I did get the 63 squares done, and gave it to one of my cousins for a wedding gift .

How many squares do you have done on yours and are you using the colors on the book or others ?

I'm hoping I can get myself into some type of shape where January is a clear month, no projects still dangling around that need done and I can start fresh on something for me then.

That gives me roughly 2 1/2 months to tie up loose ends on this other stuff .

LOL Julie I can just see the kitty on a string :lol

I am just barely over 1/2 finished on my 63 squares. I'm doin git in light sage, orchid and aran. It's already looking really pretty and I'm attaching them into columns as I go. So hopefully it won't be too much work once all the squares are done.

The other cats don't go anywhere near the door - I think they're afraid it leads straight to the vet's office! :lol

:rofl Maybe that's why Misa and Tuon never get too close to the door :lol

Renee

Our neighbors have a cat and they brought him outside last weekend on a string --- boy did that not go over very well. I dont have pets, but that kitty sure didnt look like he wanted to take a walk tied to a string .

Misa actually did this :yes Big Daddy took her out one day tied to a piece of clothesline with a lot of slack and she looked around for a bit then fought to get back in the house....clothesline and all :lol

And yes, I'm very allergic to dogs :( I just pet her too much and didn't change my clothes. Guess that's what did it. :sigh

Okay, I promised a picture so here goes. I took two and don't know which is best. This one, I think. It's on top of Kim & John's queen sized bed. 60% done now.

DCP_1224.jpg

Archived