Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wendy

How are you doing ? Yep, the baby things are for the hospital. Gotta go down to the library and see if they are making any progress on their end . They were trying to teach a couple ladies to knit . Most of the ladies who work there knit or crochet, so maybe some of them got something done.

How close is that Amish to being done? You certainly win the award for the most dedicated to your projects-- you have done a couple of REALLY big ones right in a row.

What do you plan on doing once it is complete, are you taking a square break or moving onto a new square-making afghan ?

Andrea, thank's for the cheers. I am going to work on them after work this afternoon. I meant to do it last night and got sucked into a double strand version of Annie's POD afghan that I downloaded a few days ago. Me bad. Me bad. :eek

Time to blitz those squares. :hook

Leslie, you not bad. You just like the rest of us here. Too many things to do and do little time to do do them all.:yes

Hi, all. I got 13 squares done last night on Mr. Rooster. I've got half a dozen complicated squares to go before I'll know for sure hos his head is going to be. So far they aren't that bad and the look is exactly what I wanted.:hook

It's a long day for me today with Kim as John is playing softball tonight. We haven't decided what mischief we'll get into today. Kim's still snoozing and I'm only partially awake. I've got to work on the LotL today if I'm to have a picture of it ready for Friday (or maybe Saturday.):hook

Have a good day at crocheting and whatever. I'll drop back in in a while.:)

Andrea, I've actually heard of Akron. Don't remember where but I think I might would rather they head over to Julies area. I'm thinking it might be safer for them to roam the streets. :lol

Linda, I can't wait to see mr. rooster come to life.

Morning ladies :flower

Been up for 2 hours already. Didn't get to sleep until 2 this morning. I'm a little tired :lol

Haven't decided what to work on today. I think this will require a little more caffeeine :coffee

Hi Ladies. I love this place - I've been smiling and laughing reading the posts. :D

Renee - I love Chuys. DD's friend works for Chuy's corporate and they're supposed to be opening lots of new locations in the future. I hope we get one.:yes

How is everyone doing on WIPs? I made some more squares this afternoon and have now done it again :blush ...way too many squares and not enough joining.;)

---------

Yeah, Chuy's is a good, solid Tex-Mex place. I don't go there much, because it's always crowded, and I can find other good places to eat at. That's one thing about Austin - no lack of wonderful (and cheap) restaurants!

I worked some more on Kitsu's blanket last night. It's slow going, but I think I can get it finished by the weekend (I have to take him to the vet where he's being boarded on Monday).

Cara, I am sitting here sucking down tea. Got to get ready for work soon and am really not in the mood. I just want to sit and stitch. :( I've decided I need to get a microphone and one of those voice programs on my computer so I can stitch while I sit here. :devil

I've decided I need to get a microphone and one of those voice programs on my computer so I can stitch while I sit here. :devil

If you find one that works let me know okay :D:hug

Morning all, How are things going. I had a headache yesterday so the only thing I got done was 11 squares, but that is better then nothing. I am going to work on it today also. I have to go to school today and then take my niece to an appt in town. I hope you all have a wonderful day.:manyheart

One question for all you kitty experts, the kitty in my quilt is grey what color should his nose be. the pattern I have is light colored but I didn't know if is should be pink or some other color. I only have had dogs. thanks alot.:manyheart

Morning all, How are things going. I had a headache yesterday so the only thing I got done was 11 squares, but that is better then nothing. I am going to work on it today also. I have to go to school today and then take my niece to an appt in town. I hope you all have a wonderful day.:manyheart

One question for all you kitty experts, the kitty in my quilt is grey what color should his nose be. the pattern I have is light colored but I didn't know if is should be pink or some other color. I only have had dogs. thanks alot.:manyheart

---------

Britt, honestly, it could be any color! But a lot of grey kitties have darker gray noses, so maybe a darker color for the nose?

:think Hello all, I have not done much crocheting the last few days as I have not been feeling well. Feeling a lot better now, so ready to start on my squares again.

I would like to know where can I see what the fall ghan looks like because I want to make a ghan for my grandson and I have no idea which one to do for him.:think

Hi Denise. :) I hope you continue to feel better. :hug As far as the Fall Ghans - there is a crochet-a-long called "I'm Falling for You" but there weren't many posts, so we just came over to the Happy House. It's still on the list of CALs and if you go to the first post, there are some ideas listed. Some of us used ideas from several and made our own designs...I shamelessly :blush stole parts from Cara's and Tabby's and I think Shaylen, too!

Hi, all. I got 13 squares done last night on Mr. Rooster. I've got half a dozen complicated squares to go before I'll know for sure hos his head is going to be. So far they aren't that bad and the look is exactly what I wanted.:hook

You know we can't wait to see it! :D

Well, I've made good progress on the LotL today. Finished the first and second blocks of the next 3 block strip and will be starting on sewing the third block before too long. :) I've got long grain and wild rice cooking with sauteed onions and little smokies and cream of mushroom soup for supper. Should be ready in about half an hour or there abouts. :D John is playing softball tonight so he won't be home until about 9:00. The temps are about 15 degrees cooler today than they have been for long time. Nice! :yay John is going hunting again this weekend, but Kim and I are staying here this time. Ragweed is in full bloom, so I'm glad we don't have to be out in it. Happy crocheting everyone. Will check in later. :hook:hook

SUCCESS!!!! I finally have 90% of the baby shower stuff under final control. Now I just need that book to check out the bear and I'm set :D I'm so happy :jumpyay I'm so sick of talking about baby shower and I know y'all are sick of hearing about it :lol But it's almost over! :yay

Julie- awww Akron isnt that bad lol, compared to where you are ya. LOL I live in a good part thankfully.

Donna - I dont blame you for sending them Julie's way instead.

Crafty - where in Akron did you go to school?

Archived