Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Renee

I dont know, it was kinda funny, but also sad. We have lots of poor people in our town, and he probably NEEDED the quarter really bad, so that part wasn't funny . It was just funny that the cops actually went back and got the quarter for him and drove to his house to give it back to him .

They should have just given him a dollar from their wallet .

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Renee

I dont know, it was kinda funny, but also sad. We have lots of poor people in our town, and he probably NEEDED the quarter really bad, so that part wasn't funny . It was just funny that the cops actually went back and got the quarter for him and drove to his house to give it back to him .

They should have just given him a dollar from their wallet .

-------

Yeah, I'd probably have done that. But still, a quarter! :)

Sounds very pretty Renee !

Cara- I bet you guys have a lot more action down there than we do, huh ?

Told you it was boring here .

---------

It's funny, think of where Cara lives as being kind of sleepy...

No Waco's a pretty jumping place. It's just me that stays in one place :lol Right now we're having the annual county fair (we're the county seat) and it's very exciting around town :yes

I like Waco because it's not nuts like Dallas but better than some of these little tiny towns I've lived in sometimes :D

No Waco's a pretty jumping place. It's just me that stays in one place :lol Right now we're having the annual county fair (we're the county seat) and it's very exciting around town :yes

I like Waco because it's not nuts like Dallas but better than some of these little tiny towns I've lived in sometimes :D

-------

Ah but you should all know that Austin is one of the smallest cities I've lived in... :lol

Austin's not really that big from what I see anyway. San Antonio seems much bigger :yes And Houston is stupid big. I steer clear of Houston :D Love San Antonio. And I just don't "get" Austin. My BIL lives there and it seems rather un-Texan at times :think

Julie nope Grandma is in MN. I keep talking about my friend in Ohio. When we were doing all that stuff they asked about it so I told them I was mailing it to my friend in Ohio. Then when I get things in the mail I tell them who it's from or at least where it's from. LOL They just seemed to take a liking to my friend in OH :D

Where I grew up was so tiny and nothing happened. I think our most excitement was when there was a mountain lion spotted in the hills across the street. Oh and this was in Southern California just south of Orange County. I haven't lived in very small towns since. The smallest one was Anchorage which really wasn't all that small. There was quite a bit that happened there.

Austin's not really that big from what I see anyway. San Antonio seems much bigger :yes And Houston is stupid big. I steer clear of Houston :D Love San Antonio. And I just don't "get" Austin. My BIL lives there and it seems rather un-Texan at times :think

---------

Austin proper is about 600,000, the metro area a little over 1 mil now.

And the Austin vibe (Keep Austin Weird!) - that's what I love best about this city!

My favorite memory of Ohio happened many years ago. We lived in Rochester, MN and my youngest brother was graduating from seminary out east. On the way out there we stopped in Ohio to do a little geneology research. One of my great, great,.....grandmothers was supposed to have been born there on their way to Iowa. Went to the county courthouse only to discover that the town where she was supposed to have been born didn't exist and had NEVER existed. They suggested stopping at the county historical society building and since it was on the way back to the interstate, we did. Turns out the place where she was born was a roadhouse/tavern stop on the trail west. The building was still standing, but we ran out of time to go see it. How's that for a nice family skeleton to turn up? We all had a good laugh about it. :lol :lol :lol

My DH has a "Keep Austin Weird" TShirt he got from my SIL (she lives there).

I've been in Austin, and it's not my style. I did like the park near her house. I can't remember the name, but it has a train-type ride thing that goes through a tunnel by the river.

Well, got some exercise in. Got some laundry folded. Got to go and do some more cleaning. DH is worried for my sanity, apparently. He made arrangements to drop kids off tomorrow so we can go to lunch by ourselves. :lol I ought to go on a "take no prisoners" rampage more often if I get lunch out of it! :rofl

Donna- maybe they just like the sound of the name OHIO .

Linda- that does sound a little like our good old state-- we have lots of little "towns" like that, where there's not much if anything THERE once you get to it, just a wide place in the road .

Renee - Weird. Yep that's a good word for it :lol

Krystal - Good for hubby :yes Too bad it takes an explosion before they do something though isn't it? :lol

Linda - Oh what neat story! :yes

My DH has a "Keep Austin Weird" TShirt he got from my SIL (she lives there).

I've been in Austin, and it's not my style. I did like the park near her house. I can't remember the name, but it has a train-type ride thing that goes through a tunnel by the river.

Well, got some exercise in. Got some laundry folded. Got to go and do some more cleaning. DH is worried for my sanity, apparently. He made arrangements to drop kids off tomorrow so we can go to lunch by ourselves. :lol I ought to go on a "take no prisoners" rampage more often if I get lunch out of it! :rofl

---------

Ah, that's Zilker Park. Great part of town (they're in South Austin it sounds like, the "weird" part of Austin.

I'm definitely a Keep Austin Weird kinda gal.

Ah yes - now I remember the name!! Zilker park.... I have pics of my kids there with their cousin. The only thing I liked about Austin was the weather. I'm not a real fan of inclement weather. I remember also liking the Mexican restaurant there - the one the Bush girl got busted at for underage drinking, but can't remember that name either. I'm REALLY bad with names, can you tell? :lol

Cara - the funny thing is, I haven't really been in a BAD mood, it's just that I'm not taking any C#@# from my kids and their MESS!!! I am so tired of cleaning all the time, I finally got sick of it... so now he thinks I'm "in a mood"... oh well, whatever.

Ah yes - now I remember the name!! Zilker park.... I have pics of my kids there with their cousin. The only thing I liked about Austin was the weather. I'm not a real fan of inclement weather. I remember also liking the Mexican restaurant there - the one the Bush girl got busted at for underage drinking, but can't remember that name either. I'm REALLY bad with names, can you tell? :lol

-----------

That restaurant is Chuy's. They were at the one on Barton Springs Road (that's the road that bisects Zilker Park, with Town Lake, which has now been renamed Lady Bird Lake on the north side, and the pool on the south side). There are several other Chuy's in Austin, one pretty close to me. Each one has a slightly different, yet equally ecclectic interior.

For the most part I love the weather here, except the summers. And it's been hot lately (although the last few mornings it's been cool, which is really pleasant!).

Wow... I really admire you ladies that crochet in spite of disability! And, you mom's and caregivers, I can appreciate how hard it is to fit into a busy day! I'm still jealous if you are working at home... hee hee

So much talent here!

Oh, and Julie... I used to live in a wee little town that had police blotter items like that... but so did the town I lived in in So Cal! Once, there was a report of a lady calling the police because someone through a headless duck over her fence and into her pool!!! Turns out, the duck decapitated itself on the power lines as it came in to land in her pool!!!

:eek

Leslie- :cheer :cheer :cheer you can finish those last little bit of squares I have faith in you.

Linda - you did answer my question and wasnt just ranting, Im not sure I understood all of it but you answered it LOL j/k I did.

Donna - You can send them to my part of Ohio, I live in Akron and trust me our police blotter is a page long I think most of the time LOL. Its much more hopping than Julie's part. Although I would really like to live more like where Julie is nice and quiet.

Hi Ladies. I love this place - I've been smiling and laughing reading the posts. :D

Renee - I love Chuys. DD's friend works for Chuy's corporate and they're supposed to be opening lots of new locations in the future. I hope we get one.:yes

How is everyone doing on WIPs? I made some more squares this afternoon and have now done it again :blush ...way too many squares and not enough joining.;)

I haven't even touched my fall ghan today :no Stupid baby shower. Next time I volunteer for something y'all stop me, okay? :lol Now I'm in a quandry for centerpieces. Was gonna make baby sock roses but those things are a pain in the hiney :irk So now I'm outta funds, running outta time and outta ideas. There just may not be any centerpieces. Favors I have under control. Gift table decoration...check. Oh well at least I have 40 pair of baby socks for my niece :rofl

Well instead of working on a RR tonight, I decided to start crocheting squares for Mr. Rooster to see if the pattern will work or if it needs tweaking. I've got about 10 squares done on the head section so far. :hook (The part I'm most uncertain about.) So far, so good. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :yes

Donna - You can send them to my part of Ohio, I live in Akron and trust me our police blotter is a page long I think most of the time LOL. Its much more hopping than Julie's part. Although I would really like to live more like where Julie is nice and quiet.

I grew up in Akron Ohio and I miss it soooooooooooooooo much!!! Imagine going from Akron to living in a town with only 700 people. My mom was astounded that we don't have a McDonalds in our town. My husband grew up closer to Julie's area: Coply and Wadsworth and he doesn't mind the small town as much.

Hi Mary

I am still on baby items. Still working n the baby ripple, finished my second knitted baby hat and started another crocheted baby afghan, though not very far on it.

I also began an ATW ,working from the center out, but only have a few squares done so far on it .

Cara- I know what you mean... sometimes when you sign up for stuff, you wish you wouldn't have. It gets to be a pain in the hiney .

I'm trying to think of some other easy low cost centerpieces you could make up quick.. hmmm...

Linda- good luck on your rooster-- I'll bet THAT might bring Mare around to making squares- she loves chickens !

Andrea and Crafty-- yea, the Akron area IS dangerous -- lots of crime there, so I'll stick with my boring little place .

Crafty - Wadsworth is about 5 minutes from us ! How'd you end up out in Wisconsin ?

Archived